Subject: question about EBSA-285 BIOS

From: David Müller (ELSOFT AG) <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 15:24:08 +0200

Hello

The IDE loader part of the EBSA-285 BIOS expects a special "map file"
which points the loader to the actual sectors containing the kernel image.

Which tool/utility generates this "map file"?
I didn't found any reference to it in the source or readme file.
Could someone please give me a hint, where i can find this utility.

TIA

Dave

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 16:33:07 +0100 (BST)

> Could someone please give me a hint, where i can find this utility.

Its called "loadmap", and its on the ftp site, possibly under
arch/rpc somewhere (because it was primarily used for Acorn machines).
The format it writes out is soo simple its easy to port to other
boot loaders/machines. ;)
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |            http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/            /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 16:33:07 +0100 (BST)