Subject: Cirrus 7500FE info

From: Tom Walsh <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 12:53:32 -0400

Can someone point in a direction to get started in getting Linux running
on a Cirrus Logic CL-PS7500FE Evaluation board?  Is there a page
somewhere detailing utilities, etc., that are needed to put the
development software together?  After lurking on this list for a few
months, I am really confused as to what it is I will need.

It seems that there is more flavors of Linux / development software for
ARM than Micro$oft ships windoze products!??

TIA,

TomW

-- 
Tom Walsh - WN3L - Embedded Systems Consultant
'www.openhardware.net', 'www.cyberiansoftware.com'
"Windows? No thanks, I have work to do..."

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 21:12:15 +0100

>on a Cirrus Logic CL-PS7500FE Evaluation board?

The kernel in the CVS tree at netwinder.org certainly used to work on the 7500 
evaluation board.  It may have become slightly bit-rotted; I haven't tried it 
for some time.  You can either program the kernel straight into flash or load 
it via Angel - it should sort out for itself which of these is happening.

You can also put a root filesystem into the flash, if you want.  It's probably 
easier to use NFS at first if you have another machine available.

>Is there a page somewhere detailing utilities, etc., that are needed to put the
>development software together? 

You need standard ARM cross tools.  Go to www.netwinder.org, follow the links 
for tools, and get the sources.  Then use the instructions for 
cross-compilation (see the crossgcc FAQ too).  For Angel downloads you might 
want the "angelboot" program.  I forget where you can download this but you 
could try Nicolas Pitre's ftp site.

p.

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 21:12:15 +0100

p.