Subject: recompiled loadmap / troubles with boot.map magic /RiscPC / DEBian 2.2r0 Potato

From: "efred" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2000 23:44:55 +0200

Hi there,
I recently installed the latest debian release on a SA-RiscPC. It works
really fine (nearly everything from kernel recompilation to vnc access
...I've just a paging handler request bugging in xdm & a couple of other
things -mainly mouse & keyboard screwed up). I used the original debian
disks images and it worked nearly the first time without problems.

I re-compiled the loadmap program so that I can boot the RPC directly into
debian (from the ARM Linux original sources distribution, e.g version
1.6.0).
It compiles fine, executes and says it wrote  a 512 bytes bootsector from
boot.conf.

When booting with Russell's bootloader for riscos, it complains about
invalid /boot/boot.map magic.

When turning on debug option ., it says boot.map fits in a 1024 bytes block,
it reads two or more bytes and stops with that error.

I've one IDE disc partionned as follow:

hda1 is ADFS
hda2 is Linux Table
hda3 is swap (64Mb)
hda4 is / (1.3Gb +)
hda5 is /home (3.2Gb +)

Any idea ? The boot loader needs special partionning ? the 2.2r0 debian
install is not compatible with that technique?

Thanks in advance

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]