Subject: Assabet Ethernet

From: Systems Administrator <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 11:44:02 -0700

I am in search of a pcmcia ethernet card that WILL be recognized by the linux
system in the Assabet board.  The  LAN9xxxx ethernet controller seems to be only
supported for Winders.  The "SOCKET LP-E" pcmcia ethernet controller that I
got with the kit seems to be mentioned in the list of supported stuff at 
pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net but this is for "standard" pcmcia setups and not
for the weird stuff in ARM.  Weird stuff being defined as some writings I came
across saying something to the effect that "we changed everything so that you
must make the driver work at some new lower level" (whatever that is supposed to
mean).  Right now I don't care.  I need to get a network interface so as to
do some development.  Can I _BUY_ something that works?  I'd like to worry
about transplanting the standard stuff to the arm rig later.  I don't even know
how the regular PCMCIA stuff works and really don't want to know.  My target is
the LAN9xxxx or some other chip that does not have PCMCIA stamped on it.

-- 
Mike Coburn
Sys. Admin.
	
	"These are my opinions, and you can't have em" -- Bart Simpson

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++