Subject: RE: Unable to write registers to enable USB clock on SA-1111 boar d

From: "Arjan Opmeer (EMN)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 17:56:08 +0200

Hi,

> >SKPCR |= SKPCR_UCLKEN;
> >printk("SKPCR: %x\n", SKPCR);
> 
> This is displaying 0?

*Quickly do another test run*
*Mumble, this takes too long*

Ahem, jupz, it sure does.

> Are you sure your kernel has lit up the  RAB on the
> SA-1111? (See sa1111_init() in arch/arm/kernel/hw-sa1100.c)

Well, I didn't change anything in that file (running 
linux-2.4.0-test5-rmk1-np1 btw) and there is a comment that says
"SA-1111 RAB should now be available", so I think it did lit it
up okay.

> Nicolas gets StrongARM stuff. I think he's on vacation for a 
> little while at the moment. If your patch is of general
> usefulness, you might  put it up on a server and announce its
> availability on one of the mailing lists.

Well making the USB host port available looks like general
usefullness to me... :). But here at work I don't have access
to a server to put the patch on. I can make it available on
another (personal) server though, but maybe my employer doesn't
like me publish code I made working for them on my own site.
I'll have to ask what to do in events like this...

Arjan

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++