Subject: RE: LCD display on Assabet

From: "Cliff Brake" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 18:50:47 -0400

>
>Hi, I wonder why the LCD display (the logo) turns off  few
>minutes after
>kernel boots. Is there some power management causes that?
>Which file I should modify to keep in on all the time? Thx
>
>--
>Jack T. Chang

Setting the initial value of blankinterval to 0 in console.c should
disable this timeout (it is initially set to 10 minutes).  You can
probably also modify the value using the userland app "setterm", but I
have never tried it.

Cliff

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 21:17:07 +0100 (BST)

Jack Chang writes:
> Hi, I wonder why the LCD display (the logo) turns off  few minutes after

Yes, the kernel screen blanks the LCD after a period of time.  iirc, setterm
is supposed to control it.  Try:

	setterm -blank 0 > /dev/tty1

and hope that it sends the correct control code sequence to the display.
(I'm not sure what the functionality of the busybox stuff is).

Alternatively, use:

	echo -e '\033[9;0]' > /dev/tty1

which should do the trick.  The '0' is the timeout period.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |            http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/            /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |