Subject: reg.ethernet..

From: "J.Saravanan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 09:40:50 +0530 (IST)

Hai all,
 
Presently I'm working with cirrus logic cl-ps7500fe Arm processor
evaluation board.I'm trying to port linux onto it and mounting the
filesystem using NFS.
I've the kernal compiled.I've got it from net.
When I port the kernal to my target using Angelboot,the (error)messages
that are displayed are as followes,

(After running some of the kernal parts,when it comes for ethernet
section..)
--------------------------------------------------------------------

eth0: cs8900 rev J found at 0x80090300
cs89x0: Extended EEPROM checksum bad and no cirrus EEPROM, relying on 
command le
cs89x0 media IRQ 12,Programmed I/O, MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00
....
( some serial port config..)
....
eth0: EEPROM is configured for unavailable media
..
...
---------------------------------------------------------------------
(It keeps going untill RFC error comes)

Does this means the EEPROM is not configured or some other problem?!!
I even tried with a 93c46 prom which was there in a networkcard of
other manufacturer.can I do this? Does these EEPROMs require special
configuration for cs8900 chip?.

If anybody knows something in this regard, pl. let me know where I'm
making mistake,and what I can do to get rid of this. 

Thanks,

With best regards,

J.SARAVANAN

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++