Subject: RE: Assabet Ethernet

From: Jamey Hicks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 16:45:26 -0400

It's easy enough to add a binding for this card to pcmcia-cs.  Here's what I
use for mine.  These lines go in /etc/pcmcia/config:
	card "socket LPE ethernet"
	  manfid 0x0104, 0x0075
	  bind "pcnet_cs"

Use cardctl ident or dump_cis to verify the manfid of your card, add the
entry to /etc/pcmcia/config, then restart cardmgr (/etc/init.d/pcmcia stop;
/etc/init.d/pcmcia start)  or /etc/rc.d/init.d/pcmcia start and restart.

-Jamey

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++

---

From: Systems Administrator <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 16:16:41 -0700

> /etc/init.d/pcmcia start)  or /etc/rc.d/init.d/pcmcia start and restart.

So where did you get your ramdisk, or how did you build the
PCMCIA stuff for the ramdisk so as to get /etc/rc.d/init.d/pcmcia, or cardctl
ident or dump_cis.  I tried to build the stuff from  "pcmcia-cs-3.1.19"
so as to update my ramdisk but the Makefile does not use "CC" so I'll have to
get creative to select the correct compiler and assembler.  I can certainly fix
that, but it appears to me that I have missed something (again) in this great
caldron of ingredients.

Mike Coburn
Sys. Admin.