Subject: Linux on Microdigital Mico

From: [email-masked]
Date: 26 Aug 2000 11:40:27 +0000

Anyone know of the state of play regarding Linux on the Microdigital Mico motherboard?

Its a RISCOS board running an ARM7500FE.

Microdigital themselves were discussing the idea of Linux support a while ago but Ive heard 
nothing.

Has any other developers in the community been working on support for this board?

Download NeoPlanet at http://www.neoplanet.com

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Chris Rutter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 12:35:12 +0100 (BST)

> Its a RISCOS board running an ARM7500FE.

I think a substantial amount of 7k5FE support exists in the netwinder.org
tree already.  I doubt very much would need to be done to get it up and
running.

> Microdigital themselves were discussing the idea of Linux support a while ago but Ive heard 

They were mailed, asking whether they were interested in Linux support,
and never replied.

> Has any other developers in the community been working on support for this board?

I think there may have been one or two people, but possibly I'm getting
confused with the RiscStation.

c.

---

From: Chris Rutter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 12:35:12 +0100 (BST)

c.

---

From: Wookey <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 21:31:48 +0100 (BST)

On Sat 26 Aug, Chris Rutter wrote:
> > Anyone know of the state of play regarding Linux on the Microdigital Mico
> > motherboar

> confused with the RiscStation.

The port to the RiscStation is being worked on (at the behest of RiscStation
themselves) by Ben Dooks, and seems to be well-progressed (IDE works,
ethernet works, mouse nearly works. 7500FE FPE support to be worked when he
gets a chance. these changes are currently going into 2.2 kernels.

I'm a bit vague about how much of this applies to the mico but I believe the
hardware designs to be quite similar so it should help.

As soon as there is something that works we will add mico and riscstation
support to our 'RISC OS machines' distribution

Wookey
-- 
Aleph One Ltd, Bottisham, CAMBRIDGE, CB5 9BA, UK  Tel (00 44) 1223 811679
work: http://www.aleph1.co.uk/     play: http://www.chaos.org.uk/~wookey/

---

From: Wookey <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 21:31:48 +0100 (BST)

Wookey