Subject: power management for Assabet?

From: dai <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 17:45:39 +0800

nico,
   we seems to have fix UDA1341 driver.now itcan play 44.1k to 8k sound
without noise,if you didnt fix it yet,i will mail it to you.
   is there anybody working on power management for Assabet?if not,
could you give me some advice how to implement one?
regards
/dai

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 12:49:08 +0100 (BST)

dai writes:
>    is there anybody working on power management for Assabet?  if not,

Don't know if we've got proper power management yet, but I've added the
"bare essentials" to the latest 2.4.0 ARM kernel.

I have noticed that there may be a power management scheme in existance
(to do with the mcp stuff?) already which does not use the 2.4.0 power
management stuff.  This appears to be incomplete in Nicos kernel.

I'd like to persuade people to use the existing powermanagement APIs in
the kernel, rather than re-inventing the square wheel.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |            http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/            /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |

---

From: Erik Mouw <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu 06 Jul 2000 20:26:26 +0100 (MDT)

> "bare essentials" to the latest 2.4.0 ARM kernel.

Yup, I noticed, thanks.

> management stuff.  This appears to be incomplete in Nicos kernel.

The power management in the MCP audio is still from the old Itsy driver. I
just ported the driver to linux-2.3.xx but didn't remove the cruft.

> the kernel, rather than re-inventing the square wheel.

That's actually my plan, too. Being compatible with the standard tools is
a nice thing.

Erik

-- 
J.A.K. (Erik) Mouw, Information and Communication Theory Group, Department
of Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems,
Delft University of Technology, PO BOX 5031,  2600 GA Delft, The Netherlands
Phone: +31-15-2783635  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email: [email-masked]
WWW: http://www-ict.its.tudelft.nl/~erik/