Subject: Brutus/SA1100 Issues

From: Vasant Ramasubramanian <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 03:40:34 -0500 (CDT)

Hello all;

I am having difficulty getting my Brutus to work after it was sent in for
repair and I'm not sure what the problem is yet...

When I use Nico's brutustest kernel+ramdisk+angel on the debugging console
I get some interesting startup messages.

I get:

...
Calibrating delay loop 194.15 BogoMIPS
...
Starting kswapd 1.5
IRQ LOCK: IRQ 12 is locking the system, disabled
Console: Switching to colour framebuffer device 40x30

and then it hangs. I notice that a few pixels on the Tux that appears on
the LCD seem to be "blinking" after the hang.

I poped open the CPU socket and apparently I have a "StrongARM SA-1100B"
Anyone have any idea what speed grade this is? It wasn't listed in the
SA1100 manual that I have.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Vasant.

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++

---

From: Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 22:11:47 -0400 (EDT)

> Console: Switching to colour framebuffer device 40x30

IRQ 12 is attached to the SA1100 integrated LCD controller.

Either your CPU is damaged or something on the board is wrong.  Try
replacing your CPU on your Brutus board and ensure the socket is perfectly
clean while you're at it.

Nicolas