Subject: toolchain

From: Xavier DEBREUIL <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 17:52:21 +0000

I currently use :

	binutils-2.9.5.0.27 : ok

	gcc-2.95.2 patched with gcc-2.95.2-diff-991022 : following
www.inkvine.fluff.org/~chris/arm-tools.html steps

[root@L_XDE build_gcc-2.95.2]# make [LANGUAGES="c"]
...
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/xde/arm_linux/build_gcc-2.95.2/gcc'
Configuring in arm-linux/libiberty
loading cache ./config.cache
checking host system type... arm-unknown-linux-gnu
checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking for arm-linux-ar... arm-linux-ar
checking for arm-linux-ranlib... arm-linux-ranlib
checking for gcc... /home/xde/arm_linux/build_gcc-2.95.2/gcc/xgcc
-B/home/xde/arm_linux/build_gcc-2.95.2/gcc/ -B/usr/local/arm-linux/bin/
checking whether we are using GNU C... yes
checking whether /home/xde/arm_linux/build_gcc-2.95.2/gcc/xgcc
-B/home/xde/arm_linux/build_gcc-2.95.2/gcc/ -B/usr/local/arm-linux/bin/ accepts
-g... yes
checking for POSIXized ISC... no
checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
xhost-mkfrag is unchanged
checking how to run the C preprocessor... /lib/cpp
checking for sys/file.h... yes
checking for sys/param.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
share/i18n/charmaps/NS_4551-1ñ9.././scripts/mkinstalldirs
/usr/local/share/i18n/charmaps/aV/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 charmaps/NS_4551-2
/usr/local/share/i18n/charmaps/NS_4551-2ychecking for sys/time.h... yes
checking for sys/resource.h... yes
checking for sys/wait.h that is POSIX.1 compatible... no
!!!
checking whether the C compiler (/home/xde/arm_linux/build_gcc-2.95.2/gcc/xgcc
-B/home/xde/arm_linux/build_gcc-2.95.2/gcc/ -B/usr/local/arm-linux/bin/ -g -O2 )
works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables.
!!!
make[1]: Entering directory
`/home/xde/arm_linux/build_gcc-2.95.2/arm-linux/libio'
test x"no" != xyes ||\
  /home/xde/arm_linux/build_gcc-2.95.2/gcc/xgcc
-B/home/xde/arm_linux/build_gcc-2.95.2/gcc/ -B/usr/local/arm-linux/bin/ -c -g
-O2 -I. -I../../../gcc-2.95.2/libio -D_IO_MTSAFE_IO
 ../../../gcc-2.95.2/libio/iogetline.c -o pic/iogetline.o
/home/xde/arm_linux/build_gcc-2.95.2/gcc/xgcc
-B/home/xde/arm_linux/build_gcc-2.95.2/gcc/ -B/usr/local/arm-linux/bin/ -c -g
-O2 -I. -I../../../gcc-2.95.2/libio -D_IO_MTSAFE_IO
../../../gcc-2.95.2/libio/iogetline.c
In file included from ../../../gcc-2.95.2/libio/iogetline.c:26:
../../../gcc-2.95.2/libio/libioP.h:30: errno.h: Aucun fichier ou répertoire de
ce type
In file included from ../../../gcc-2.95.2/libio/iolibio.h:1,
                 from ../../../gcc-2.95.2/libio/libioP.h:47,
                 from ../../../gcc-2.95.2/libio/iogetline.c:26:
../../../gcc-2.95.2/libio/libio.h:30: _G_config.h: Aucun fichier ou répertoire
de ce type
../../../gcc-2.95.2/libio/iogetline.c:27: string.h: Aucun fichier ou répertoire
de ce type
make[1]: *** [iogetline.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/xde/arm_linux/build_gcc-2.95.2/arm-linux/libio'
make: *** [all-target-libio] Error
2                                                                                                                                            

any help is welcomed

	glibc-2.1.3
	glibc-linuxthreads-2.1.2
	glibc-crypt-2.1

although the compiler seems not to be able to produce executables, the whole
glibc has been compiled properly except a few lines in
sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/ioperm.c (lines 103-104 and 107-112) I was compelled
to comment out.

Is there anything to bypass the compiler problem ?
Where should I define the following variables CTL_BUS, BUS_ISA,
BUS_ISA_PORT_BASE, BUS_ISA_PORT_SHIFT, so that ioperm.c could compile ?

Thank you.
Xavier.

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++