Subject: Linux and SA-1100's FIQ

From: "Gennadiy M. Kurtsman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 12:44:59 +0400

Hello everybody,
I've tried to program ICLR register of interrupt controller of SA-1100
(revision G) so that level 11 interrupt was routed to CPU FIQ interrupt
input. Then after interrupt pending Linux became dead (hung up without any
reaction). When I don't touch ICLR register all work well. Am I wrong or it
is defect of Linux or SA-1100? Any hint will be greatly appreciated.
Gena Kurtsman.

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 10:58:00 +0100 (BST)

> is defect of Linux or SA-1100? Any hint will be greatly appreciated.

Are you hooking into the FIQ vector?  It is not supported via the normal
"request_irq" stuff.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |            http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/            /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |