Subject: Assabet dma & SA-1111.h GPIO defs

From: Brad Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 09:39:27 -0400

Hi,

I've added basic dma support for the SA-1100, mostly to support the
internal USB function controller.  Does anyone want this?  Is there
a BK tree somewhere to add things to?

Also, are the GPIO defines in arch-sa1000/SA-1111.h correct?  They look
wrong to me.  Specifically, shouldn't

	#define _PA_DDR		_SA1111( 0x1000 )
	...

be

	#define _PA_DDR		_SA1111( 0x0e00 )
	...

?  All the other defines match up with my docs correct, but the GPIO
one maps to A12:9=8 and my docs say it should A12:9=7 (or 0x0e00). 

-brad

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++

---

From: John G Dorsey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 10:01:46 -0400 (EDT)

...
> one maps to A12:9=8 and my docs say it should A12:9=7 (or 0x0e00). 

These came from section 10.3.6 ("Memory Map") of the SA-1111 developer's
manual; this section doesn't seem to have been modified in the manual
update. Since the block A GPIO drives the MAX1600 on Neponset, and that
actually appears to work with the current definitions, I've felt
comfortable believing that these macros were correct (at least in the
patch I submitted to Nicolas; I haven't looked at the last few -np
releases).

Which part of the documentation seems in conflict?

-jd

---

From: Brad Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 13:46:21 -0400

>Which part of the documentation seems in conflict?

Well, looking back at the docs now I'm totally confused.

Yes, you are correct, 10.3.6 does say it should be at 0x1000.

However, The SA-1111 developer's manual, pg 3-4 shows the GPIO at
0x1000-0x11ff (it also shows the OHCI controller at 0x400, which is
what I really wanted)

Page 4-2, however ("RAB Target Blocks/Address Assignment") shows a table
where "Address A<12:9>" is 2 for the USB (this makes 0x400, which seems right)
and 7 for the GPIO (which makes 0x0e00, *not* 0x1000).  Further, it shows
8 (which makes 0x1000) as "reserved".

In the "Specification Update October 1999", page 21, Figure 4-1 is
updated and matches the "RAB Target Blocks/Address Assignment" table...

I'll go with 10.3.6 :-)  

-brad