Subject: Problem with toolchain

From: "Naik, Uday" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 15:19:10 -0700

Hi,

	I am not sure if this is the right forum for this question. But ...

	I have the IXP1200 arm linux kernel working in big endian mode with 
	statically linked binaries. Most utilities bash, busybox etc
	seem to work fine. I have the following problems though.

	a) Dynamically linked executables crash with a memory violation
	   in ld-linux-so.2. I narrowed it down to the point where I know
	   it crashes in _dl_start() when it tries to access the variable
	   at _DYNAMIC, which for some reason does not seem to be getting
	   relocated. 

	b) Floating point does not seem to work. 10.0 + 10.0 seems to return
	   0.0. I found an endianess bug where the kernel calls nwfpe and
	   fixed that. But it did not seem to help.

	c) tinylogin has a problem because the glibc function getpwnam()
does
	   not work correctly for some reason and always returns NULL. I
will
	   debug it more. I looked at all the sysdep files for asm and only 
	   strlen.S was broken and I fixed that. But I will dig deeper.
	
	Any hints would be very greatly appreciated.

	Thanks

	Uday

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++