Subject: Re: SA-1110, SA-1111, BRUTUS, whatever

From: John G Dorsey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 20:18:16 -0400

Systems Administrator wrote:

> How does a more intelligent person load a kernel and root file system into this
> box?

Such a person might read linux/Documentation/arm/SA1100/Assabet, or visit:

  http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~wearable/software/assabet.html

-jd

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++

---

From: Systems Administrator <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 18:16:30 -0700

>   http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~wearable/software/assabet.html

This people don't have a sa1100 directory under /usr/src/linux/Doc*/arm. 
As in redhat 6.2 just upgraded has Netwinder, nwfpe and and a README from
Russel King.  The www.cs.cmu.edu place seems to have gone out of business.  This
is quite normal for me.  Any more suggestions?

Mike Coburn
Sys. Admin.
	
	"These are my opinions, and you can't have em" -- Bart Simpson

---

From: Systems Administrator <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 16:18:25 -0700

I have inherited a Strongarm Development Kit.  I have a SA1110, and SA1111 and
associated trivia, and some documentation.  I have managed to get the thing
stuck on to my linux box through minicom and I see "Angel Debug Monitor for
DB1110 : Serial/FIQ : MMU on, n 4" or something close to that.  I had to change
the flash things from windows ce to angel, but I did manage.

I can build a tool chain and a kernel.  But how do I get executable stuff into
the little box?  Do I have to reflash the little postage stamp looking thingies
or does this littel "angel" somehow manage to load a boot block and suck on
the RS232 port or what?  If so, how do it tell it to start inhaling?  Maybe I'm
supposed to hook the sa1111 board up and magically boot across the net, or
put a kernel and root file system on a pcmcia card and slurp on it after
plugging it into the sa1111.   I can't find any documents that even mention the
SA1111 or how it would be used.