Subject: Toolchain problem w/ C++ cross-compiler

From: Marco Carbone <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 14:31:16 -0400 (EDT)

Hello all,
  I have a working toolchain w/ the following:

	binutils-2.10.0.9
	gcc-2.95.2
	glibc-2.1.3
	
  My c cross compiler and libraries have been tested and work with my
Assabet. Now I want to build a c++ cross compiler, which is supposedly
easy at this point in the toolchain build.  (I used Chris Rutter's
'Building the GNU toolchain for ARM targets' to get to this point).  When
I run "make LANGUAGES='c c++'" I get the following error:

   P make[1]: *** No rule to make target `c++', needed by `native'.  Stop.
   make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/gcc-2.95.2/gcc' 
   make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2

Now I've tried configuring w/ '--enable-languages=c,c++' as well, and this
didn't work either.  Does anyone know why the make is failing?  I was
under the impression that gcc-2.95.2 could make the c++ compiler as soon
as glibc is installed, but the error above confuses me.  Possibly I'm
taking the wrong approach to build the c++ cross compiler?  Thanks,

Marco Carbone

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++