Subject: ebsa-285 network cards

From: Jacob Strauss <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 Jul 2000 11:44:47 -0400

I'm trying to get a network card working with an ebsa-285 and
backplane.  I've tried a 3c905b, 3c905c, and eepro100, and all fail in
a similar way.  With 2.4.0-test3-pre7-rmk1, the 3c905's are detected
and configured, but neither sends out any packets nor indicates
any errors.  Trying the 3Com driver instead, (and 2.2.16-rmk1) they
die during configuration.  The eepro100 fails as follows:

eepro100.c:v1.09j-t 9/29/99 Donald Becker http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/dril
eepro100.c: $Revision: 1.33 $ 2000/05/24 Modified by Andrey V. Savochkin <saw@ss
eth0: Intel Corporation 82559 InBusiness 10/100, 00:D0:B7:BF:1D:1C, IRQ 21.     
  Receiver lock-up bug exists -- enabling work-around.                          
  Board assembly 742252-002, Physical connectors present: RJ45                  
  Primary interface chip i82555 PHY #1.                                         
Self test failed, status ffffffff:                                              
 Failure to initialize the i82557.                                              
 Verify that the card is a bus-master capable slot.                             
eepro100: wait_for_cmd_done timeout!                                            
eepro100: wait_for_cmd_done timeout!                                            
eepro100: wait_for_cmd_done timeout!                                            
eepro100: wait_for_cmd_done timeout!                                            
eepro100: wait_for_cmd_done timeout!                                            
Sending BOOTP requests...<1>eepro100: wait_for_cmd_done timeout!                
.<1>eepro100: wait_for_cmd_done timeout!                                        
.<1>eepro100: wait_for_cmd_done timeout!                                        

Is there some board or backplane jumper setting that I'm missing
that would cause this?

-Jacob

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++