Subject: A strange library

From: "Jacky Lam" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 15:00:36 +0800

Currently, I have a library and want it to link with my application. So,
I use "arm-linux-gcc -Wall main.c libxxx.a". It looks good that no error is
produced. When I put it into my 7212 board, and run it, a kernel panic is
resulted. The exact error is
    "Kernel panic: Unknown data abort code 4194304 [pc=020014e8,
*pc=e14192b0] LR=0x014e8"

    When I trace the program, the data abort occurs at once it branch to the
library code. Can anyone help?

Yours,
Jacky Lam

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 11:47:03 +0100

>*pc=e14192b0] LR=0x014e8"

Looks like your version of the kernel doesn't handle aborting halfword 
instructions.  I think this was only recently added.

p.

---

From: Yin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 23:38:35 +0800

Dear Philip,

	Oh...I see....As I think that all the instructions on ARM is 32bit
long, except THUMB. I am quite new in such low level programming.
Anyway, I have find a way to go. But now, could you tell me how can I
collect all packages so as to upgrade my development tools and kernel?

	Thanks very much.

Yours,
Jacky Lam

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 21:07:27 +0100

>collect all packages so as to upgrade my development tools and kernel?

For development tools, see Scott Bambrough's web page:
	http://www.netwinder.org/~scottb/notes/

For the kernel, what you need depends on your platform.  You should ask the 
experts on the linux-arm-kernel list if you don't know what to get.

p.