Subject: socket comm. CF ethernet driver!

From: "Sun, Lei" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 12:56:22 -0400

Hi all:
   Sorry for the cross post! This is a old question but nobody answer me
yet. I built linux-2.4.0-test2 with nico's patch and it's running in SA1110
Assabet with socket CF ethernet on it. right now there is a problem for the
ethernet which has been torturing me for a long time. 
   1) after downloaded the kernel and boot up and configure the eth0, I can
use telnet logon into my target from other machine, but after trying for a
couple of time, the telnet will stuck at " Escape character is ^]" , however
I can use telnet  logon into other machine FROM the target, tried many
times, no error occur.
   2) I can use ftp logon to other machine and transfer files to or from my
target, looks good, but each time I exit from the ftp program , the target
console give me error message "eth0 interupt dropped".
   3) as to use ftp logon to target from other machine, same thing with the
telnet ( stucked after a couple of times).
   Nicolas said he had the same problem and won't have chance to fix it. I
checked his latest patch (2.4.0-test4-np1), same thing happended.
   I was given this porting task for a month, now it's gonna due , but I
haven't make the nework flow. So, if any one knows how to fix it, PLEASE,
let me know. I think it's the driver problem. Which source file should I
take a look? 
Thank you in advance!
Regards

Lei Sun

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++