Subject: Antwort: Re: [Linux] Perl port

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 09:14:02 +0200

What means hard-float? What a project is this?

Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Martin Döring, Systemtechnik (IDT)
MAN Nutzfahrzeuge AG
Dachauerstraße 667
D-80995 München

Tel.:   +49(0)89 / 1580 - 1199
Fax:   +49(0)89 / 1580 - 91-1199
E-Mail: [email-masked]

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++

---

From: Erik Mouw <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon 31 Jul 2000 11:55:41 +0100 (MDT)

> What means hard-float? What a project is this?

Hard-float means that you're using the floating point unit in the CPU (or
emulate them in the OS). Soft-float means that you're emulating the
floating point instructions in a software library.

I can imagine that you can't follow this, I think you're subscribed to the
nanogui list and this question is waaaaaaay off-topic for that list.
People, _please_ don't cross post, but post your questions to the relevant
mailing list.

Erik

-- 
LART. 250 MIPS under one Watt. Free hardware design files.
http://www.lart.tudelft.nl/

---

From: Alex M Alex <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 15:45:21 +0530 (IST)

Hi all
I like to know any one has ported perl to strong arm .
regards
alex