Subject: testsuite

From: "Naik, Uday" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 16:37:58 -0700

Hi,

Is there a testsuite for linux, which comprehensively exercises OS 
features like semaphores, shared memory, threads etc.

Thanks

Uday

---

All opinions expressed are mine and do not reflect those of my employer.

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++

---

From: Nicholas Clark <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 08:52:33 +0100

> features like semaphores, shared memory, threads etc.

I don't know of a direct test, but parts of the perl testsuite can be
quite effective (make test in the perl build directory). It certainly
found what turned out to be a small bug in arm glibc 2.1 w.r.t. the size of
group IDs, and the system V IPC module's tests attempt to exercise semaphores
and shared memory. However, it's not ideal as one has to investigate
(possibly with ad hoc C programs) whether reported failures are due to bugs
in perl or bugs further down.

Nicholas Clark