Subject: compact flash!

From: "Sun, Lei" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 12:49:26 -0400

Hi Nico:
   I built linux kernel running in my SA1110 assabet board. I used the
following kernel:
   linux-2.4.0-test1.tar.gz
   patch-2.4.0-test1-ac7-rmk1.gz
   patch-2.4.0test1-ac7.gz
   diff-2.4.0-test1-ac7-rmk1-np6.gz
   
   However I can't use the ethernet card (socket comm. LP) which is
installed on the compact flash slot. I downloaded the ramdisk from CMU
website, the pcmcia service is running, but I still can't activate the
ethernet. 
   can anybody tell me which patch should I apply for my current kernel and
what ramdisk I should use.

Lei Sun

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++

---

From: Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 13:38:40 -0400 (EDT)

> what ramdisk I should use.

Make sure your ramdisk is using the same module version as the one you
should have produced with the kernel you compiled.  Also note that the
/lib/modules/2.4.0-xyz directory name should match your kernel version.

Nicolas