Subject: Cant represent SWi relocation in object file, syscall.S - glibc

From: "vanitha raju" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 07:03:31 PDT

I am building a GNU toolchain for an arm target. I installed binutils
2.9.5.0.41 and compiled gcc 2.95.2 without any problems.

When compiling glibc, 2.1.3 I get the following error message:
"make - error in syscall.S. Cannot represnt SWI relocation in this
object file format."

>From one of the mails in the archive, with a similar problem, unistd.h is 
pointed to as the problem. I dont know why/ how.

I would appreciate any pointers to solve this problem.

thanks
-vanitha

________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 15:25:42 +0100

>pointed to as the problem. I dont know why/ how.

The syscall numbers are defined in asm/unistd.h.  That error message means 
that one of them (__NR_syscall in your case) is missing.  This is inevitably 
caused by an outdated header file.

p.