Subject: KDE port for ARM linux

From: Bernhard Morell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 12:51:35 +0200

Hi everyone,

is there a webserver hosting a KDE prot for ARM linux? Or has anyone experiences in compiling and installing KDE on a RISC PC 600?

Regards
Bernhard

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++

---

From: Stephen Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 14:10:37 +0100

Before being shot for writing message <01BFDDDA.F00A9E60@MORELLN>

> is there a webserver hosting a KDE prot for ARM linux? Or has anyone experiences in compiling and installing KDE on a RISC PC 600?

I have managed to compile KDE from the source archives using the Debian
package builder.  If you are running Debian, you should be able to do the
same.  However, if you do not have SA, it will probably be slow to the extent
of being unusable (it's bearable on my SA RPC).

-- 
 x^      ( )      _________         //    Email: mailto:[email-masked]
<       U O      |_|_|_|_|_|    O  ||      WWW:  http://www.crok.demon.co.uk
 \,     |/|\      _________       [  ]             
     .  |/^\  .       2       .   /__\
.. If the shoe fits, put it in your mouth.

---

From: "Hanske;Stefan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 02:02:08 +0200 (METDST)

> is there a webserver hosting a KDE prot for ARM linux? Or has anyone experiences in compiling and installing KDE on a RISC PC 600?
I don't think it's a good idea to have KDE crawling on an ARM600
processor. I've tried it on the ATM710 and it is very slow, to slow for
serious work.