Subject: RISC OS high-level emulation under Linux

From: Chris Rutter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 02:03:03 +0100 (BST)

I'm seeking to write some kind of high-level RISC OS emulation layer
for Linux (and potentially NetBSD), akin to what iBCS2/ROSE do at the
moment.  A further addendum to the project would be an instruction-level
emulation core which would run on non-ARM architectures, where 26-bit
ARM code can't be executed natively within the control of the kernel;
ideally the majority of code could be executed speedily, being mainly
SWI calls to high-level emulations, and thus make a number of RISC OS
applications usable.

There are a number of issues to consider; I have a draft list of ideas.
I'm going to start a mailing list: can anyone think of a better name
for the project than `rose'?

If anyone's interested in this on any (developer) level, please just
drop me a brief note.

c.

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++