Subject: ARM ASM

From: Vasant Ramasubramanian <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 00:20:18 -0500 (CDT)

Hello all

I've been spending a decent amount of time trying to learn ARM ASM and use
the GNU cross-tool chain to build executables. While I am successful, I
still do not have any solid docs that show examples of ARM ASM using the
GNU tools.

I do have the Jaggar book and the Furber book, the SDT and even some
examples I've found on-line -- most of these give the syntax the way the
SDT would expect and not the way the GNU assembler/linker likes.

I, for example, haven't found "LDR     r5, =0x3ffff " listed as a means of
loading an immediate into a register though I think this work. Up till now
I've been building up my address using ADDs & ORs & ANDs --- any more cute
tricks like this documented?

I've been building up the addresses since I was using the "mov"
instruction and had access to the barrel shifter but the ability to load
arbitrary values into registers.

Sorry if I've missed the obviously (like this is on page 5 of Jaggar,
etc) but the Cygnus ProTools Docs don't show these types of things either.

Thanks for your help,
Vasant.

P.S.
I know there are a lot of good ARM programmers who've done work for/on
their RiscPCs so there should be some decents docs somewhere!

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++