Subject: Unable to open root device 00:00

From: Umesh Puranik <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 20:17:46 +0530

Hi,

I am trying to put Linux on an ARM based board.
I have a a precompiled initrd image and the board boots up
fine with it.

However, when I build my own initrd and some sample application
(HelloWorld) as linuxrc, I get the following message at the end of
the booting sequence:

VFS: Cannot open root device 00:00
Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 00:00

I think that this has something to do with the test application and
initrd.
Should I do something to mount the root file system, provide some
parameters
for initrd configuration, or Linux image?

Where can I find more information on this? (Other than initrd.txt and
ramdisk.txt?)

Thanks

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++