Subject: New cross toolchain developing utility...

From: Steve Hill <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 09:42:43 -0500

Greetings.

It seems that every couple of weeks someone is asking about building a
toolchain, blah, blah, blah. I myself had a brain fart earlier this week
when I forgot to apply a patch. I also want to be able to keep my toolchain
up to date when a new kernel is released (especially since I am keeping up
with the development series). So, I decided to write a kind of smart build
utility that builds an entire toolchain from start to finish, automatically
applies patches at the right time and provides logging and informative
messages. The fruits of my labor are attached below. I would be interested
in knowing how it works for everyone. I see know reason why it cannot be
used for other targets as well.

Also, I have included in the archive the stage1 and stage3 patches for GCC
that were made up of patches by Phil Blundell. If you do a diff between the
two patches you'll see the only change is the -Dinhibit hack. Let me know
how it works for everyone. I tested this with the following:

  binutils-2.10-rc3
  gcc-2.95.2
  glibc-2.1.3 (with crypt and linuxthread ad-ons)
  linux-2.4.0-test1 (with rmk and personal patches)

I compiled working kernels and applications that ran perfectly. Cheers.

-Steve

-- 
 Steven J. Hill - Embedded SW Engineer
 Public Key: 'finger [email-masked]'
 FPR1: E124 6E1C AF8E 7802 A815
 FPR2: 7D72 829C 3386 4C4A E17D