Subject: I have some Problem with my assabet.

From: Sang-Baek Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 23:24:19 +0900

I got a BLOB for assabet from Netwinder.org
And I wanned to download the kernel so I typed "download kernel"
the blob said that I should upload to the assabet board.
so I up loaded the kernel for few minutes.
after the upload, blod would die.
the only thing I could do was pushing the reset button.

any solution?

TIA

Sang-Baek Lee

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++

---

From: [email-masked] (Erik Mouw)
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 23:18:16 +0200 (CEST)

> so I up loaded the kernel for few minutes.

How did you do that? I hope you actually read the README file?
There are many ways to let the upload fail, and blob will automatically
cancel a download after a minute.

> the only thing I could do was pushing the reset button.

I don't think it died, I just suppose you had minicom still on the
(higher) download speed instead of the standard 9600 baud blob assumes
for command line usage.

> any solution?

Read the README file (and I mean READ it), and do *exactly* what is
written over there. Assabet support in blob is still considered alpha
code; Jeff and Chester supplied me a patch (which I am integrating
right now). It doesn't really help that I don't have an Assabet to
test blob, so my edit-compile-test cycle is a bit slow.

Erik
[still officially on holidays]

-- 
J.A.K. (Erik) Mouw, Information and Communication Theory Group, Department
of Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems,
Delft University of Technology, PO BOX 5031,  2600 GA Delft, The Netherlands
Phone: +31-15-2783635  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email: [email-masked]
WWW: http://www-ict.its.tudelft.nl/~erik/