Subject: RE: How to flash the zImage (kernel) to the Assabet flash and hav eangel boot from it?

From: Jeff Sutherland <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 10:50:49 -0400

> On Fri, 2 Jun 2000, Toong See Wan wrote:
> 
> > Hi,
> > 
> > I have successfully compiled the kernel download the kernel 
> to Assabet. However the utility provide by Nicolas  
> downloaded the image to the SDRAM . How can I load it to the 
> StrataFlash and have angel boot from there?
> 
> IMHO the best thing to do would be porting BLOB to Assabet.
> Any volunteer?
> 
> 
> Nicolas

Well, it's halfway there :)  At least the SDRAM setup was reported to work
in an early version.  I've made changes to bring the CPU speed up to 221MHz,
but presently it only supports the SDRAM on the Assabet board, not the
Neponset add-on.  Plus, I never fooled around with the flash downloading
part.  If anyone wants to hack away at the flashing part let me know and
I'll send you the archive.

//Jeff
mailto:[email-masked]

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++

---

From: Chester <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 14:55:47 +0800 (CST)

> > IMHO the best thing to do would be porting BLOB to Assabet.
Well, I just send a blob-1.0.7b patch that modified by me and Jeff to Erik
,it should works fine with Assabet and other SA-1100 board,hope it will be
released on next version of blob.

Best regards,

					Chester

---

From: [email-masked] (Erik Mouw)
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 21:12:22 +0200 (CEST)

> ,it should works fine with Assabet and other SA-1100 board,hope it will be

Yep, I received the patch, I suppose this is supersedes Jeff' patch he send
me earlier? Anyway, I'll try to integrate it into blob and call the complete
stuff blob-1.0.8. Note that I am officially on holidays, so it might take
some time before I am online again.

Erik

-- 
J.A.K. (Erik) Mouw, Information and Communication Theory Group, Department
of Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems,
Delft University of Technology, PO BOX 5031,  2600 GA Delft, The Netherlands
Phone: +31-15-2783635  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email: [email-masked]
WWW: http://www-ict.its.tudelft.nl/~erik/