Subject: RE: cross gdb & debugging agent

From: Jungjun Kim <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 19:12:32 +0900

Hi,

Ok, the sequence is right.
But I think that you didn't add rdi-share/libangsd.a  library to gdb/Makefile at
line 785 as I told you.

> >
> >    783 gdb$(EXEEXT): main.o libgdb.a $(ADD_DEPS) $(CDEPS) $(TDEPLIBS)
> >rdi-share/libangsd.a
> >    784     rm -f gdb$(EXEEXT)
> >    785     $(HLDENV) $(CC_LD) $(INTERNAL_LDFLAGS) $(WIN32LDAPP) -o gdb$(EXEEXT) main.o libgdb.a
>>            $(TDEPLIBS) $(TUI_LIBRARY) $(CLIBS) $(LOADLIBES)rdi-share/libangsd.a 
> >

I think that you will make it after adding that library.

Jungjun Kim

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++

---

From: Lavu Sridhar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 01:07:03 +0530 (IST)

I have got the gdb working and it is talking to the board. ie when i give
the command target rdi /dev/ttyS0 it gives the message saying that it is
connected to ARM RDI target.

Next I have compiled the linux kernel 2.3.99 using the arm-linux cross
tool chain. When I gave the command load vmlinux, it gave the following
error message:

(gdb) load vmlinux
Loading section .init, size 0x8000 lma 0xc0008000
RDI_write: data abort, no memory at specified address?
RDI_write: data abort, no memory at specified address?
Memory access error while loading section .init.

What could be the mistake?

regards,
-lavu sridhar

---

From: David A Rusling <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 06:31:39 +0100

Lavu,

    I don't know the system, but from the error messages it looks
like 0xc0008000 is not in the address map for the system.  If it is  an
SA-1100 board, then the first DRAM bank has not been mapped to
its physical address (0xC0000000) but to a virtual address of
0x00000000.

Dave

--
----------------------------------------------------------------------
David A Rusling                 Consulting Engineer
                                ARM Limited
                                Liberty House,
                                Moorbridge Road,
                                Maidenhead, SL6 8LT

                                Tel: UK-(0)1628-427754
                                Fax: UK-(0)1628-780551
                                e-mail: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Vikas Datta <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 11:30:01 +0530 (IST)

Hello David,

We are using the Cirrus Logic 7500FE Development board. While loading the 
.../boot/compressed/vmlinux image, i get 

Loading section .text, size 0x536e0 lma 0x10008000
RDI_write : internal error, supervisor state not accessible to monitor
RDI_write : internal error, supervisor state not accessible to monitor
Memory access error while loading .text.

I have a 16 MB DRAM and no Flash on the board, and are debugging using
gdb5.0 with target rdi /dev/ttyS0

what could be wrong....

regards,
--vikas datta