Subject: RE: ramdisk setup?

From: "Naik, Uday" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 11:50:37 -0700

Nico,

I am doing a Big endian port of linux to the IXP1200 (which is similar to
SA1100). I am at the point where the kernel is up and tries to uncompress
the ramdisk and mount it. Now all the libraries, utilities etc on the 
ramdisk need to be compiled for big endian too. For the little endian port,
I used the ramdisk posted by you on netwinder.org and it worked great. Can
you either post the source for that on netwinder.org or send me some url's
on where I can get the source. I will then build the ramdisk for big endian.

Uday

---

All opinions expressed are mine and do not reflect those of my employer.

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++

---

From: Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 15:19:12 -0400 (EDT)

> on where I can get the source. I will then build the ramdisk for big endian.

Well...  That'll be a job!

I based my ramdisk mostly with binaries from the Titan-VI distribution
available on ftp://ftp.netwinder.org/pub/mirrors/carleton/winder/.  SRPMs
are available too.  Also some utilities like busybox and tinylogin from
ftp.lineo.com.  Probably other source packages you should find easily on
the net too.

I wish you good luck!

Nicolas