Subject: sa1110 kernel boot cont.

From: Chris Blazie <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 16:16:32 -0400 (EDT)

I'm still wrestling with getting a kernel to boot on our SA1110
development board.  After a series of crazy, inconsistent behaviors I
set up a new kernel tree and started over.  Now I think I have a
consistent symptom I can use to find the problem.  In head.S after the
kernel is decompressed, there is some code that moves everything from
reloc_start: to reloc_end: to the address at the end of the decompressed
kernel.  After the move it jumps to the new reloc_start: address.  In my
case it never gets there; debug messages immediately after the jump never
appear and within a second or so I get repeated:

We made it to the breakpoint vector!!
R13: 0XC0FFFFC8
R14: 0X800F0010

	I verified that the value passed to the pc (approximately
0xc00f9c0c) equals the value calculated for the destination of
reloc_start: code.  I have the mmu and caches off at this point.

	Aside from mis-configured or broken hardware, is there another
plausible explanation for this behavior?

Thanks,
Chris

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++

---

From: Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 20:34:18 -0400 (EDT)

> plausible explanation for this behavior?

Well...  Are you sure your memory is OK?  I think BLOB integrated my
memory test routine.  Did you try it?

Nicolas

---

From: Erik Mouw <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon May 08 15:40:55 +0200 (MDT) 2000

> memory test routine.  Did you try it?

Blob doesn't contain memory test routines yet. My To Do list is quite
long...

Erik

-- 
A towel has immense psychological value.
 -- Douglas Adams, The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy