Subject: ARM Sample BIOS Code

From: Lavu Sridhar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 18:17:59 +0530 (IST)

Hello.

I want to know if I can find a BIOS code which I can run using the ARM SDT
to initialise the chips on the Cirrus Logic Evaluation Board. If I could
find any sample code that was written for an ARM processor, then maybe I
could modify it for my Board. Please let me know where I can find the code

Regards,
Lavu Sridhar	

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++

---

From: Erik Mouw <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon May 08 15:48:21 +0200 (MDT) 2000

> could modify it for my Board. Please let me know where I can find the code

You might want to give blob a try. It's currently written for the SA-1100
CPU, so you'll have to modify start.S and serial.c. The disadvantage
(well, I call it an advantage) is that it must be build using the GNU
toolchain, but you'll need the GNU toolchain anyway if you want to run
Linux on your board. You can get blob at
http://www.lart.tudelft.nl/lartware/blob/ .

Erik

-- 
J.A.K. (Erik) Mouw, Information and Communication Theory Group, Department
of Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems,
Delft University of Technology, PO BOX 5031,  2600 GA Delft, The Netherlands
Phone: +31-15-2783635  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email: [email-masked]
WWW: http://www-ict.its.tudelft.nl/~erik/