Subject: libiberty and glibc problem

From: umesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 16:04:59 +0530

I am trying to build a gcc cross-toolchain for ARM/Linux.

The cross toolchain with LANGUAGES="c" gets installed succesfully.
But when I install glibc (glibc-2.1.3), it comes out with an error
telling that
/include/gnu/stubs.h not found. I copied stubs.h from a precomipled
source
to /include/gnu, and then glibc got installed okay. I do not understand
why
did glibc not create all the files under /include/gnu? Is this related
to any configuration?

After this I start in gcc top level directory with make clean,
configure, followed by make
to create a complete cross-toolchain. However, make comes out with the
following error
message:

make[2]: Entering directory '/root/cross/gcc-2.95.2/arm-linux/libiberty'

make[2]: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory '/root/cross/gcc-2.95.2/arm-linux/libiberty'
make[1]: *** [../libiberty/libiberty.a] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/root/cross/gcc-2.95.2/arm-linux/libstdc++'
make: *** [al-target-libstdc++] Error 2

This is unexpected!

I have used the following configure command lines:

For gcc: (gcc-2.95.2):

./configure --target=arm-linux --prefix=/root/cross

for glibc (glib-2.1.3):

./configure arm-linux --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu
--prefix=/root/cross/arm-linux \
    --enable-add-ons --with-headers=/root/cross/linux/include

Thanks in advance!

Umesh Puranik

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++