Subject: newbie.

From: Tom Walsh <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 07:28:40 -0400

Hello,

    I am awaiting a evaluation board that I ordered a while back, it is
an ARM710 based board (Cirrus Logic, EDB-7500-FE-2).  I see a number of
code dumps being traded back and forth on the list.  Is the ARM assembly
language pretty much generic between, say, the StrongARM, ARM7TDMI,
ARM710, etc., platforms?

    Would this be a list that I would seek answers in getting Linux
running, and writing apps, on my eval board (it comes with a version of
the kernel on CD, but probably no development tools)?   Or, would there
be a list that is better targeted to the ARM710?

TIA,

TomW

--
Tom Walsh - WN3L - Embedded Systems Consultant
'www.openhardware.net', 'www.cyberiansoftware.com'
"Windows? No thanks, I have work to do..."

---

From: Vikas Datta <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 17:11:50 +0530 (IST)

Hello Tom,

I am also working at loading linux on the EDB-7500-FE-2 board. Basically I
have started with the  binutils-2.9.5.0.22. The kernel is about 700KB
but does not get through to the eval board successfully. I tried
downloading it using the SDT250 Toolkit. Let me know of the developments
or suggestions:)

--vikas

> be a list that is better targeted to the ARM710?

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++