Subject: glibc error - ioperm.c

From: umesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 18:58:14 +0530

I am trying to build gcc cross toolchain for ARM/Linux using the
following:

binutils-2.9.5.0.41
gcc-2.95.2
glibc-2.1.3
kernel 2.2.1

I have built gcc (LANGUAGES="c") and without thread supports.

After that I try to build Glibc, but during 'make' it fails with the
following
error messages:

../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/ioperm.c: In function `init_iosys':
../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/ioperm.c:103: `CTL_BUS' undeclared (first
use in this function)
../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/ioperm.c:103: (Each undeclared identifier
is reported only once
../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/ioperm.c:103: for each function it
appears in.)
../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/ioperm.c:103: initializer element is not
constant
../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/ioperm.c:103: (near initialization for
`iobase_name[0]')
../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/ioperm.c:103: `BUS_ISA' undeclared (first
use in this function)
../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/ioperm.c:103: initializer element is not
constant
../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/ioperm.c:103: (near initialization for
`iobase_name[1]')
../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/ioperm.c:103: `BUS_ISA_PORT_BASE'
undeclared (first use in this function)
../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/ioperm.c:103: initializer element is not
constant
../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/ioperm.c:103: (near initialization for
`iobase_name[2]')
../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/ioperm.c:104: initializer element is not
constant
../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/ioperm.c:104: (near initialization for
`ioshift_name[0]')
../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/ioperm.c:104: initializer element is not
constant
../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/ioperm.c:104: (near initialization for
`ioshift_name[1]')
../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/ioperm.c:104: `BUS_ISA_PORT_SHIFT'
undeclared (first use in this function)
../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/ioperm.c:104: initializer element is not
constant
../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/ioperm.c:104: (near initialization for
`ioshift_name[2]')
make[1]: *** [ioperm.o] Error 1
make: *** [misc/subdir_lib] Error 2

Does someone know what is going wrong?

Thanks.

Umesh Puranik

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 14:56:41 +0100

>../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/ioperm.c:103: `CTL_BUS' undeclared (first

Your kernel headers are out of date.  Some sysctl definitions are missing.

p.