Subject: frame buffer support and ARM (configuration help)

From: S A McConnell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 10:06:03 -0500

I am developing a fb for the Link-Up Systems L7200.

I have modified the appropriate Config.in and have inserted my fb driver
into drivers/video. 

I have enabled:
  Character devices --> "Virtual terminal"
  Console drivers --> "Support Frame buffer devices"
	Frame-buffer support --> "I selected the fb dev that I am creating"

My compile works but I get a large number of "undefined reference"
errors. Where most of the missing symbols are from console.c which is
not being compiled.

/drivers/video/fbcon.c:1972: undefined reference to `update_region'
/drivers/video/fbcon.c:1972: relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_PC24
update_region
/drivers/video/fbcon.c:2011: undefined reference to `fg_console'
/drivers/video/fbcon.c:2011: undefined reference to `vc_cons'
/drivers/video/fbcon.c:2011: undefined reference to `console_blanked'
/drivers/video/video.o: In function `fbcon_set_origin':
/drivers/video/fbcon.c:2026: undefined reference to `console_blanked'
drivers/video/video.o: In function `dummycon_init':
/drivers/video/dummycon.c:40: undefined reference to `vc_resize'
/drivers/video/dummycon.c:40: relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_PC24
vc_resize
drivers/video/video.o: In function `fbcon_show_logo':
/drivers/video/fbcon.c:2367: undefined reference to `fg_console'

Any ideas about what I failed to do?

My goal is to get the Linux logo to appear on the LCD. I am currently
using
"Non-standard serial port support" and my console is on the L7200 serial
port.

Should I still be able to test my frame buffer driver using the above
serial connection?

Thanks,

SAM (Scott A McConnell)

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 22:06:38 +0100

>Any ideas about what I failed to do?

Take a look at the Makefile goo in arch/arm/special.  The inclusion of 
console.o is keyed off the provision of a keyboard object.

p.