Subject: arch-sa1100 questions.

From: S A McConnell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 08:48:48 -0500

I am studying sa1100fb. While following the call chain I discovered that
<asm-arm/arch-sa1100/..> files are not complete. For instance
"__ioremap" is not specified. (Yes, I know there are patches available)

What is so different about the arch-sa1100 that it is not part of the
standard kernel tree? Could it be added or is it a lost cause? and Why?

I ask these questions because I am working on a port to Link-Up Systems
L7200 (ARM720t), which is similar to the strong arm board, and was
wondering if we were going to have the same integration issues.

SAM

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++

---

From: Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 20:44:30 -0400 (EDT)

> "__ioremap" is not specified. (Yes, I know there are patches available)

__ioremap is actually defined in linux/arch/arm/mm/ioremap.c which is part
of the standard kernel.

> standard kernel tree? Could it be added or is it a lost cause? and Why?

The latest SA1100 patches are available from
ftp.netwinder.org/users/n/nico.  Many parts of it are being merged into
the main kernel while some other parts aren't ready yet.

> wondering if we were going to have the same integration issues.

Don't hesitate to ask on the list for coments about integration issues you
might encounter.  Probably you won't be able to reuse SA1100 specific code
though.

Nicolas