Subject: Re: (unknown chars)LCD problem again

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 15:15:26 -0400

I am a bit puzzled... Which screen do you have on your Assabet?  You keep
mentioning a backlight, when the sharp screen that comes with the assabet has a
frontlight.

Not that i am trying to discount what you are saying, but after talking w/ sharp
directly they assured me the only way to power the >> frontlight <<  is by an dc
to ac inverter.     This is even mentioned in the Specs.  The screen requires
about 300 Volts to power the frontlight, which the inverter supplies.

If you do have a backlight screen, then it is very feasable that you could power
it using a 12V power supply.

It would be quite interesting if you recieved a different screen than the rest
of us..

-N

Sun-Gi Hong <[email-masked]> on 05/24/2000 03:23:16 AM

To:   [email-masked]
cc:    (bcc: Nicholas Mistry/USER/US/LHS)

Subject:  LCD problem again

Thank you Nick and John for your helpful comments about the LCD problem.

Anyway the domestic vendor, Intel Korea told me as follows.

The input voltage for the backlight of the sharp LCD on Assabet is 12V.
We don`t have the datasheet either, but may require you to contact the
Sharp rep.  We noticed it`s not on the Sharp web site as  well.

and

Furthermore, just connect it with commercial 12V like as PC power
supply. In that case you can light up CFL without inverter. In PDA
desgin, you may need inverter which step up 3or 5V to 12V.

However, after connecting 12V to LCD, nothing happens so I try to
analyze the kernels, but I can't fix it.

Any ideas?

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++