Subject: Pocket PC Linux?

From: Paul Koning <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 14:24:50 -0400 (EDT)

I thought I sent this a while ago but perhaps it was lost.  Or maybe
no one has a guess...

----------------
One of the articles about the new Pocket PC line that MS and friends
just lauched with a lot of hoopla mentions that the Compaq version
uses a StrongARM.

Nice.  While waiting for Itsy, it would be interesting if Linux would
run on that.  Any ideas of whether it would?

    paul

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++

---

From: Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 15:03:01 -0400 (EDT)

> run on that.  Any ideas of whether it would?

It would.  It's a StrongARM after all.

Nicolas

---

From: Paul Koning <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 15:06:20 -0400 (EDT)

>>>>> "Nicolas" == Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]> writes:

 Nicolas> On Mon, 8 May 2000, Paul Koning wrote:

 >> One of the articles about the new Pocket PC line that MS and
 >> friends just lauched with a lot of hoopla mentions that the Compaq
 >> version uses a StrongARM.
 >> 
 >> Nice.  While waiting for Itsy, it would be interesting if Linux
 >> would run on that.  Any ideas of whether it would?

 Nicolas> It would.  It's a StrongARM after all.

I didn't expect problems on that end, but was wondering about all the
stuff around it.  Things like memory and display devices and the
like.  Reading of all the struggles people have with Brutus boards
makes me aware that the CPU is often the least of your problems.
      
      paul