Subject: RE: SA1110 kernel problems

From: Chris Blazie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 16:40:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 1 May 2000, Jeff Sutherland wrote:

> should be 16 (0x10).  Make sure the processor ID check is using the right
> values (0x6901b11x) and not 44xxxxxx (The SA1100 id).  Once you get to

	Okay, I verified that; it's definitely correct.

> decompress_kernel() you should be pretty much out of the woods.  Things that

	I get to decompress_kernel() now IF I comment out the mcr
instruction in cache_on that writes to the MMU control register.  After a
pause (but no messages from decompress_kernel) execution does get to
head-armv.S.  But it stops again in __ret when the MMU is turned on.

> type; 4. determine where to put the decompressed kernel image.

	R5 is 0xc0008000 going in, looks right.

	At this point I'm ready to believe we do have a memory timing
problem.  Or maybe it's the A0-step cpu, although I couldn't find anything
obvious in the SA-1110 errata for these early chips.

	Thanks for the help so far!

Regards,
Chris

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++

---

From: Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 17:24:51 -0400 (EDT)

> head-armv.S.  But it stops again in __ret when the MMU is turned on.

You could try enabling the MMU, but without any caches turned on (it's
somewhere in linux/arch/arm/mm/proc-sa110.S I think).  It'll be real slow
but this will help you tell if it's a timing issue.

Nicolas