Subject: linux on 7500fe

From: Lavu Sridhar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 20:02:03 +0530 (IST)

Hello, This is wrt CL7500FE Development Board project.

I have configured the gdb 5.0 using the command :  
./configure --target arm-pc-linux-gnu     Then I have made changes in the
Makefile in gdb directory for remote rdi feature. After that I have done
make. Then I have performed the following operations:

gdb> target rdi /dev/ttyS0
gdb> load linux/vmlinux

How do I see the register contents and the response on the console,
because as of now it shows nothing, not even error messages. I have also
done the following:

gdb> target rdi /dev/ttyS0
gdb> file linux/vmlinux

Here i get the message saying symbols not found, and i get back the
prompt. But in this case the disassembly shows some kernel parameters. 

gdb> exec

does nothing. I have really no idea how to verify what is happening. Plz
suggest some ideas...Are any help files, manuals describing sequence of
steps etc for porting an image using gdb 5.0 (the gdb 4.17 manuals dont
seem to help much wrt arm processors) 

Regards,
Lavu Sridhar	

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++