Subject: GCC Compiler for 7500FE

From: Lavu Sridhar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 01:01:08 +0530 (IST)

Hello, 

I am having Cirrus Logic CL7500FE Evaluation Board to which I want to port
Linux. I am using the Arm-Linux kernel 2.3.99 from CVS Netwider and the
binutils 2.9.5.0.37. Where can I download the compiler for this kernel?

Regards,
Lavu Sridhar

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++

---

From: George France <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 18:31:24 -0400

READ the ARCHIVES.

The easiest solution is to download a working biniary toolchain. The
following may be of some help.

There have been so many questions and problems on the mailing list about
building a Cross Tool Chain.  We have decided to post a 38 Mbyte binary
(executable) tar-ball here:

http://crl.research.compaq.com/projects/personalserver/sw_download.html

it is an arm-linux cross Tool Chain.  The Tool Chain is made up of:

 	binutils-2.9.5.0.22,
	gcc-2.95.2 - C, C++, f77, CHILL, 	java and objc.
 	glibc-2.1.2. with the International crypt library. (THIS IS NOT FOR
EXPORT)

The Tool Chain is compiled for a i386 host with an armv4l target. Armv4 =
the instructions set for the SA-110, SA-1100 and SA-1110 processors. l =
little edian.

Installation notes:

The Tool Chain must be installed in /skiff/local.  It will not work from any
other path.  

The only other problem that you may have with the include files is that the
tar ball was setup for Linux 2.2.14.  You may need to setup a symbolic links
for:

           ln -s /usr/src/linux/include/asm
/skiff/local/arm-linux/include/asm
           ln -s /usr/src/linux/include/linux
/skiff/local/arm-linux/include/linux

or you could copy the /usr/src/linux/include/asm and
/usr/src/linux/include/linux directories to the
/skiff/local/arm-linux/include.  Be certain that you have run 'make
menuconfig' or equivalent, then 'make dep'.  This will verify that your
kernel tree is up-to-date and the correct symbolic links are up-to-date.

This tool chain has glibc symbol versioning.  If you are using a netwinder,
you may have to compile your code with static libs.

If there is interest, we may make a binary i386 to Strong-ARM cross gdb
available for remote debugging.

--George

George France,      [email-masked]
Cambridge Research Laboratory, Compaq Computer Corporation
One Kendall Square, Building 700     MS: CRL
Cambridge, MA 02139 USA

-----Original Message-----
From: Lavu Sridhar [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2000 3:31 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: GCC Compiler for 7500FE

Hello, 

Regards,
Lavu Sridhar

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for
++
++                        kernel-related discussions.
++