Subject: Video Drivers

From: Lavu Sridhar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 21:25:32 +0530 (IST)

I am using the Cirrus Logic 7500FE Arm processor. Where can i find drivers
for VGA output and PAL Video output. I am using Chrontels 7003 Video
Encoder for the PAL TV. Has anyone got PAL TV Output working using these
chips?

Thanks,
Lavu

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 11:03:03 +0100

>for VGA output and PAL Video output.

You want the `acornfb' driver.  The version in the CVS tree at netwinder.org 
has some support for the CH7003 encoder, though I forget exactly what state
it's in.

p.

---

From: Lavu Sridhar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 17:08:14 +0530 (IST)

Hello, 

Where can I download the driver for this? I have tried accessing the
netwider site ( http://www.netwinder.com ) But it did not work. 

Also, has anybody been able to get PAL TV output using the 7500FE
processor / evaluation board ?   

Regards,
Lavu Sridhar

---

From: Ralph Siemsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 10:16:00 -0400

> netwider site ( http://www.netwinder.com ) But it did not work.

It's netwinder.org :) Not .com ;)

You can grab the acornfb anonymously via the cvsweb interface at

http://www.netwinder.org/cvsweb/cvsweb.cgi/pub/kernel/armlinux/drivers/video/acornfb.c?rev=1.2.2.2&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

-- 
Ralph Siemsen -- [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 22:13:28 +0100

Ralph Siemsen wrote:
>http://www.netwinder.org/cvsweb/cvsweb.cgi/pub/kernel/armlinux/drivers/video/a
>cornfb.c?rev=1.2.2.2&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

Actually, to get the Chrontel stuff you need the 2.3 version.

http://www.netwinder.org/cvsweb/cvsweb.cgi/pub/kernel/armlinux/drivers/video/acornfb.c?rev=1.19&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

or something.

p.

---

From: Lavu Sridhar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 11:31:17 +0530 (IST)

I need the Linux Kernel V2.3 for EDB7500FE-2 Evaluation Board. You had
suggested V2.3, but in which exact versions do I find the acornfb driver.
I want to download the whole kernel. So plz let me know the exact version
for the Evaluation Board.

regs,
lavu sridhar
------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 10:12:26 +0100

>for the Evaluation Board.

The acornfb driver is in all versions of the kernel.  Try the latest archive 
you can find at <ftp://ftp.armlinux.org/pub/lkab/2.3-cvs>.

p.