Subject: SA1110 kernel problems

From: Chris Blazie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 18:30:47 -0400 (EDT)

Well, I upgraded my kernel tree to the latest set of patches,
re-implemented changes for my architecture (memory addresses, etc) and
switched to zImage instead of Image.  ZTEXT is set to 0xc0008000; I'm
loading zImage there and jumping to it.  Unfortunately I'm still getting
an apparent lockup after the MMU is switched on.  In head.S, in code block
cache_on:

                orr     r0, r0, #0x1000         @ I-cache enable
#ifndef DEBUG
                orr     r0, r0, #0x003d         @ Write buffer, mmu
#endif

                mcr     p15, 0, r0, c1, c0

it freezes here.  I verified that it is the MMU and only the MMU causing
the problem by trying different cache/buffer/mmu combinations (even a few
"illegal" ones).  In every case execution proceeds unless the MMU is
turned on.  The icache by itself does not cause any problems whatsoever,
and I believe we do have the SDRAM timings set correctly.

	I'm not sure what to try next and am looking for suggestions.
Also, does anyone know if errata in early SA1110 revisions could cause
these symptoms?  I'm working on getting a later rev.

Thanks again,
Chris

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++