Subject: PCMCIA driver for Brutus Board

From: Harsha Sanjeewa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 18:03:09 +0600

Hi,
I am tring to get PCMCIA facility working on Brutus board. In the Kernel
source README you have mentioned that ,

A full PCMCIA support is still missing, although it's possible to hack
some drivers in order to drive already inserted cards at boot time with
little modifications.

I have planned to give it a try. It is grate if you can give me some
hints. ( At the moment I am not planing to hack pcmcia-cs since there is
some work going on that. )

Regards,
Harsha

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++

---

From: Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 15:59:36 -0400 (EDT)

> some work going on that. )

The inb()/outb() macros that are usually used with ISA device drivers were
designed so they access the SA1100 PCMCIA space.  So for some PCMCIA cards
that are clones of ISA ones, you just have to modify the ISA driver
without much trouble.  The idea is to configure the PCMCIA card and socket
so it is visible to the driver, adjust the interrupt line and you're set.

Nicolas