Subject: Booting Brutus Board

From: "Alan Chong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 17:10:49 +0800

Hi All !!

I am new to linux and I am giving a task to boot linux from the Brutus board
that I am given.
Where can I get all the latest arm linux kernel files ???

My brutus board is running Angel 1.20 and I am running Linux RedHat 6.0 as
host.
I have managed to build a zImage following the instructions which I got it
from the Intel web site.
However, there is no login prompt as expected.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

The followings kernel related files that I used are listed below :

binutils-2.9.1.0.25.tar.gz

egcs-1.1.2.tar.gz
egcs-1.1.2-arm-diff-990325.gz

glibc-2.1.2.tar.gz
glibc-crypt-2.1.tar.gz    (non-US version)
glibc-linuxthreads-2.1.2.tar.gz

linux-2.2.2.tar.gz
patch-2.2.2-rmk5.gz
diff-2.2.2-rmk5-np3.gz

Are there any conflicts among the above files ?? Please advise. Thanks

Many thanks in advance

Alan

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++

---

From: Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:10:38 -0400 (EDT)

> Where can I get all the latest arm linux kernel files ???

Look at ftp.netwinder.org/users/n/nico.  There you'll find required
patches.  Also you'll find a brutus-test.tgz file which contains all
binaries to boot Linux on Brutus.

Nicolas