Subject: binutils upgrade

From: Chris Blazie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 16:55:43 -0400 (EDT)

I'm upgrading binutils and gcc on yet another Netwinder, and am
having a problem.  After installing binutils-2.9.5.0.32 I'm getting a
shared library error when I run any of them:

as: error in loading shared libraries: libopcodes-2.9.5.0.32.so: ELF file
OS ABI not 0

or,

ld: error in loading shared libraries: libbfd-2.9.5.0.32.so: ELF file OS
ABI not 0

	Both of these libraries are part of the binutils package, so I'm
not sure where to look.  Nothing in the info or docs I have are helpful;
I'd appreciate any pointers.

Regards,
Chris

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 22:07:46 +0100

>as: error in loading shared libraries: libopcodes-2.9.5.0.32.so: ELF file

You need to upgrade your glibc as well.  Older versions of ld.so don't work 
with libraries produced by new tools.

p.