Subject: Powertec SCSI Module and ZIP drive

From: Simon Knott <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 18:18:20 +0100

I have installed the arm linux distribution from the AU cover CD and
after sorting various problems I am left with one I can't seem to fix.

The kernel won't boot if my SCSI ZIP drive is plugged into the SCSI bus.
The boot stalls when probing the bus having found the Quantum drive (on
which resides the root fs) it continually tries the ZIP drive and
reports a time out error of some sort.  I can write down all the numbers
if it helps diagnosis.  It makes no difference if there is a disk in the
drive or not.  Is there a relatively easy fix for this - that is easier
than powering the computer down, unplugging the drive and changing all
the terminators around every time I want to boot linux :)

-- 
 Simon

Lister: Come on, what are you: a man or a munchkin?Rimmer: I'm off to
see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz.

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++