Subject: IDE & CF PCB

From: Vasant Ramasubramanian <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 17:16:19 -0600 (CST)

Hello all.

I am considering making relatively simple PCBs to allow one to use an IDE
hard drive over the PCMCIA interface (this would requre an external power
supply for the HDD) and a CompactFlash to PCMCIA adaptor (the CF card
would be used in "TrueIDE" mode). I'm also considering an IDE to PCMCIA
interface which would physically contain laptop size 2.5" HDD.

I've successfully been able to get an ARM Linux kernel ID an IDE hard
drive on my Brutus board with one adaptor I made, however it is not near
reliable, hence the desire to make a PCB. To cut the cost of th boards,
I'd like to offer them to anyone else here who wants one (@cost). Please
let me know if you are interested. I have not yet finished making the
design or finished getting quotes.

These adaptors are passive and I have the pinouts available. If someone
else has access to PCB making facilities, please let me know. The layout
would be something like a PCMCIA surface mount connector, an IDE surface
mount connector and traces ~12mils wide with 12mils spacing.

Thanks,
Vasant.

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++