Subject: A couple of questions

From: Ryan Hitch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 11:42:38 +0000 (GMT)

Hello everyone,
I'm quiet new to Linux, but would like to learn more of it.  At the
moment I am using it as a learning tool and someway to have a nice
version of GCC around.

Current status : SA-RiscPC, 33Mb Ram, Successfully installed Linux first
time (new installer's ace!), Network connection works fine, X11 works
fine (got Afterstep as a WindowManager), Chimera works blah blah...

Anyway questions...

1) I am looking to use ARMLinux (when I'm booted into it), not just have
it there as a server.  Please could anyone tell me if they have
succesfully installed and used the following - Pine and Pico.  Also on
a more substantial note, is there anyway (what-so-ever) to get some more
heavy weight apps running - ie. WordPerfect and Netscape?

2) Are there any precompiled binaries out there (other than Chris
Sawyers site - sorry if that's spelt wrong), or any sites with advice on
compiling code under ARMLinux...

Thanks for reading this far :-)

Yours Sincerely,
Ryan

-- 
"You had the perfect job called life, you didn't like it - you resigned"
								Silverchair
	ICQ me on 49143287

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 15:35:00 +0000

>is there anyway (what-so-ever) to get some more

Mozilla will run.  WordPerfect probably isn't hopeless either; ask Corel.

p.