Subject: Binary tar ball of i386 to armv4l (Strong-ARM) Cross Tool Chain a vailable for download.

From: George France <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 15:43:14 -0500

There have been so many questions and problems on the mailing list about
building a Cross Tool Chain.  We have decided to post a 38 Mbyte binary
(executable) tar-ball here:

http://crl.research.compaq.com/projects/personalserver/sw_download.html

it is an arm-linux cross Tool Chain.  The Tool Chain is made up of:

 	binutils-2.9.5.0.22,
	gcc-2.95.2 - C, C++, f77, CHILL, 	java and objc.
 	glibc-2.1.2. with the International crypt library. (THIS IS NOT FOR
EXPORT)

The Tool Chain is compiled for a i386 host with an armv4l target. Armv4 =
the instructions set for the SA-110, SA-1100 and SA-1110 processors. l =
little edian.

Installation notes:

The Tool Chain must be installed in /skiff/local.  It will not work from any
other path.  

The only other problem that you may have with the include files is that the
tar ball was setup for Linux 2.2.14.  You may need to setup a symbolic links
for:

           ln -s /usr/src/linux/include/asm
/skiff/local/arm-linux/include/asm
           ln -s /usr/src/linux/include/linux
/skiff/local/arm-linux/include/linux

or you could copy the /usr/src/linux/include/asm and
/usr/src/linux/include/linux directories to the
/skiff/local/arm-linux/include.  Be certain that you have run 'make
menuconfig' or equivalent, then 'make dep'.  This will verify that your
kernel tree is up-to-date and the correct symbolic links are up-to-date.

This tool chain has glibc symbol versioning.  If you are using a netwinder,
you may have to compile your code with static libs.

If there is interest, we may make a binary i386 to Strong-ARM cross gdb
available for remote debugging.

--George

George France,      [email-masked]
Cambridge Research Laboratory, Compaq Computer Corporation
One Kendall Square, Building 700     MS: CRL
Cambridge, MA 02139 USA

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++

---

From: Erik Mouw <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 22:33:50 +0100 (MET)

> the instructions set for the SA-110, SA-1100 and SA-1110 processors. l =

Hmm, it's a little embarrasing for me to tell you that you have been doing
double work. I announced my tarball with almost the same specifications
(only C and C++ as languages) two weeks ago. My toolchain was built from:

  binutils-2.9.5.0.22.tar.bz2
  linux-2.2.13.tar.gz + patch-2.2.13-rmk2.gz + diff-2.2.13-rmk2-np14.gz
  gcc-2.95.2.tar.gz + gcc-2.95.2-diff-991022.gz + chris-rutter-patch-for-gcc-2.95.2
  glibc-2.1.2.tar.bz2 + glibc-crypt-2.1.tar.gz + glibc-linuxthreads-2.1.2.tar.bz2

I only announced it at the linux-arm and sa1100-linux mailing lists, maybe
I should have send the announcement to the linux-arm-kernel mailing list,
too.

My toolchain can be freely downloaded by non-US users (but also by  US
users, of course ;-), because we don't have cryptographic export rules
over here in The Netherlands.

The URL:

  http://www-ict.its.tudelft.nl/~erik/open-source/arm-linux-cross/

Erik

-- 
J.A.K. (Erik) Mouw, Information and Communication Theory Group, Department
of Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems,
Delft University of Technology, PO BOX 5031,  2600 GA Delft, The Netherlands
Phone: +31-15-2785859  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email [email-masked]
WWW: http://www-ict.its.tudelft.nl/~erik/
-- 
LART. 250 MIPS under one Watt.
http://www-ict.its.tudelft.nl/~erik/open-source/LART/