Subject: Tool chain question

From: "Adam 'WeirdArms' Wiggins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 13:05:36 +1100 ( )

Can gcc use the C procedure call varient with stack bounds
checking? Or otherwise stated, how can I check for stack overrun with C
code with ARM gcc.

	Cheers Adam

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2000 13:37:23 +0000

>checking? Or otherwise stated, how can I check for stack overrun with C

There is an -mapcs-stack-check option but it isn't implemented at the 
moment.  The Acorn RISC OS port might have code to support this; I don't know 
of anybody else offhand who would be likely to use it.  As a last resort, I 
don't think the code would be very hard to add.

GCC does support a generic -fstack-check option but it may not do what you 
want.

p.