Subject: Re: How to convert arm sdt .s to arm-linux-gcc .s

From: Erik Mouw <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 10:53:11 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000 17:42:03 +0800, changzhijie wrote:
> I have some arm sdt .s file ,Who have program to convert it to the
> arm-linux-gcc format ?

Just plain gcc is sufficient to compile assembly files:

  arm-linux-gcc -Wall -c file.s -o file.o

Erik

-- 
J.A.K. (Erik) Mouw, Information and Communication Theory Group, Department
of Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems,
Delft University of Technology, PO BOX 5031,  2600 GA Delft, The Netherlands
Phone: +31-15-2785859  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email [email-masked]
WWW: http://www-ict.its.tudelft.nl/~erik/

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 12:38:43 +0000

In message <[email-masked]>, "changzhijie" writes
:
>SSBoYXZlIHNvbWUgYXJtIHNkdCAucyBmaWxlICxXaG8gaGF2ZSBwcm9ncmFtIHRvIGNvbnZlcnQg
>aXQgdG8gdGhlIGFybS1saW51eC1nY2MgZm9ybWF0ID8NCg==

I don't know of any program to do this offhand, though I have a vague feeling 
it may have been discussed in comp.sys.arm at some point.  Try Dejanews.

If you're lucky, the changes required will be minimal -- just comment formats 
and a few directives.  You could probably write a perl script to do the 
changes easily enough.

p.

---

From: Chris Blazie <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 12:18:20 -0500 (EST)

>   arm-linux-gcc -Wall -c file.s -o file.o

	The arm SDT asm code I've seen does use different assembler
directives; they will have to be converted.  If the file isn't too big,
it's easy to do by hand.

Chris