Subject: Re: Acorn Community: Reporting Bugs and Other Gripes

From: Ben Dooks <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999 16:16:04 +0000

On Sun, Oct 31, 1999 at 05:31:14PM +0000, Alex Holden wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Oct 1999, Russell King - ARM Linux Admin wrote:
> >    of their magazine.  They said that Linux was just "a small minority
> >    of people making a lot of noise."  Does the ARM Linux (Acorn)
> >    community have any reaction to that?
> 
> _We're_ a minority? ROFL!

This is weird, as a couple of people i've spoken too (incl. a developer)
seem to think that ARM Linux may be a way of helping out the old acorn
market.

-- 
Ben ([email-masked], http://www.fluff.org/)

  'a smiley only costs 4 bytes'

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++

---

From: Melanie Rhianna Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 08:11:08 +0000 (GMT)

> seem to think that ARM Linux may be a way of helping out the old acorn

You're not the only one.  When I spoke at Wakefield earlier this year it
was one of the more attended talks, second I think only to the ROS4 talk
(but aparently more enjoyable).  People there saw ARM Linux as the savoir
of the Acorn users.

Melanie

-- 
======================================================================
Melanie Rhianna Lewis                       [email-masked]
'An it hurt none, do what thou wilt'     http://www.defaid.demon.co.uk
          TGMCC BAB DOGMUK - GS550 "Suzi" MZ 125 "Boris"
======================================================================