Subject: BIOS 1.05: hangs at reading VENDOR_ID (reading at 0x7bc0 0000) on EBSA285

From: Gaixia Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 19:02:35 -0600

Hi,

I am trying to use Russell's BIOS to boot Linux on my EBSA285 while it
hangs

at reading VENDOR_ID in pci_read_config_word() in pci_init(), it is
actually

      ldrh ... [0x7bc00000]

Anybody has similar experience? I suspect there is something wrong with
PCI

BUS Arbitration (Backplane doing arbitration), but I checked serveral
times,

and use two different backplanes, it always gives the same result,

Thank you very much for your help,
Gaixia

__________________________________________
NetZero - Defenders of the Free World
Get your FREE Internet Access and Email at
http://www.netzero.net/download/index.html
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 11:18:08 +0100

>and use two different backplanes, it always gives the same result,

I had this problem, it was due to missing pull-up resistors on the
arbitration signals of the PCI.