Subject: BIOS 1.05: trying to load kernel image from flash on EBSA285

From: Gaixia Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 19:13:22 -0600

Hi,

I am trying to modify Russell's BIOS to load kernel image from flash. I
disabled
all the PCI stuff, and just do a memery copy to load the kernel image
from flash
to 0x8000. All the rest remains the same, for zImage, I got

      "Uncompressing Linux ... done"

      "Now booting the kernel ..."

then hangs,

I am assuming that changing "tftping kernel" to "loading kernel from
flash" does
not destroy the "correct condition" to jump to kernel. Should this work?
What
did I miss?

Thanks,
Gaixia

__________________________________________
NetZero - Defenders of the Free World
Get your FREE Internet Access and Email at
http://www.netzero.net/download/index.html
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]