Subject: Re: can't connect to ftp.arm.lunux

From: Alex Holden <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 19:24:34 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 22 Nov 1999, Wim C. Timmer wrote:
> Maybe it's me, but when I try to download the armlinux stuff I can't
> connect to
> ftp://ftp.arm.linux.org.uk/pub/armlinux/arch/rpc/tools/linux.arc
> Do I anything wrong or is the site down?

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong now:

[root@hyperspace /usr/src]# wget
ftp://ftp.arm.linux.org.uk/pub/armlinux/arch/rpc/tools/linux.arc
--19:22:51--
ftp://ftp.arm.linux.org.uk:21/pub/armlinux/arch/rpc/tools/linux.arc
           => `linux.arc'
Connecting to ftp.arm.linux.org.uk:21... connected!
Logging in as anonymous ... Logged in!
==> TYPE I ... done.  ==> CWD pub/armlinux/arch/rpc/tools ... done.
==> PORT ... done.    ==> RETR linux.arc ... done.
Length: 45,891 (unauthoritative)

    0K -> .......... .......... .......... .......... ....       [100%]

19:23:00 (6.28 KB/s) - `linux.arc' saved [45891]

[root@hyperspace /usr/src]#

--------------- Linux- the choice of a GNU generation. --------------
: Alex Holden (M1CJD)- Caver, Programmer, Land Rover nut, Radio Ham :
-------------------- http://www.linuxhacker.org/ --------------------

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++

---

From: "Wim C. Timmer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 14:01:42 +0100 (GMT)

Hello,

Do I anything wrong or is the site down?
I did try the webpages and three different ftp-clients with the
ANT-suite. Acorn SA-RiscPC. There are no problems with other sites.
What more can I do/try ?

Wim

-- 
e-mail     : [email-masked],    | The difference between theory and
e-mailalias: [email-masked],     | practice in practice is bigger 
ax25       : pa0wct@pi8gcb.#nh2.nl | than the difference between theory 
                                   | and practice in theory.

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 22:50:12 +0000 (GMT)

> ftp://ftp.arm.linux.org.uk/pub/armlinux/arch/rpc/tools/linux.arc

It wasn't you.  Unfortunately, the University of West England (where
ftp.arm.linux.org.uk is located) seemed to have dropped of the rest of
the net over the weekend.  Everything is back to normal as of 14:00 GMT
today.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |

---

From: "Wim C. Timmer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 10:46:22 +0100 (GMT)

In <URL:news:local.ArmLinux> on Mon 22 Nov, Russell King - ARM Linux Admin wrote> 
> the net over the weekend.  Everything is back to normal as of 14:00 GMT

Thanks everyone, it works. Now, I have my first homemade kernel!
It was an adventure (for me) but it works.

Wim