Subject: Installation problems

From: Stephen Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 12:23:02 +0000

I am currently trying to install ARMLinux on my RiscPSbut I am having 
problems getting all the files onto a suitable partition.  For a start, my 
ADFS partition is in the new Filecore format, so I can't use that.  Secondly,
my Ethernet card is EtherM and the installer doesn't have a driver for it.  
Thirdly (and most strangely) my SCSI drives (including CD ROM) don't mount!  
I have a Cumana SCSI 2 card which is sometimes identified as "EASI Simple 
card 13" and displayed without the numbers in brackets which normally appear 
at the start of the line.  This always happens when I do a shift-boot and
sometimes happens otherwise.  After this, the driver won't even load.  If the
SCSI card is properly identfied, the driver works but I can't mount any
drives.  This happens on the latest installer/kernel and happened on the 
previous version as well.

I would be grateful if anyone can either tell me what to do about my SCSI 
card or supply an installer with support for EtherM or the new Filecore.
Alternatively, there may be other methods for installing which I have 
overlooked.

-- 
 x^      ( )      _________         //    Email: mailto:[email-masked]
<       U O      |_|_|_|_|_|    O  ||      WWW:  http://www.crok.demon.co.uk
 \,     |/|\      _________       [  ]             
     .  |/^\  .       2       .   /__\
.. If at first you don't succeed, you're doing about average.

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
++        Please use [email-masked] for           ++
++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++