From: Yee Man Chan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 08:22:53 -0500

Hi,

	I followed Chris Rutter's ARM toolchain guide to build the cross-compiler. I 
think I successfully compiled binutils and gcc but I get the following error 
when i compile glibc. Any clue?

armv4l-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc signals.c -c -O -Wall -Winline 
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -g      -I../include -I. 
-I/root/build-glibc/linuxthreads -I.. -I../libio  -I/root/build-glibc 
-I../sysdeps/arm/elf -I../crypt/sysdeps/unix -I../linuxthreads/sysdeps/unix/sys
v/linux -I../linuxthreads/sysdeps/pthread -I../linuxthreads/sysdeps/unix/sysv 
-I../linuxthreads/sysdeps/unix -I../linuxthreads/sysdeps/arm 
-I../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm -I../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux -I../sysdeps/gnu 
-I../sysdeps/unix/common -I../sysdeps/unix/mman -I../sysdeps/unix/inet 
-I../sysdeps/unix/sysv -I../sysdeps/unix/arm -I../sysdeps/unix 
-I../sysdeps/posix -I../sysdeps/arm/fpu -I../sysdeps/arm 
-I../sysdeps/wordsize-32 -I../sysdeps/ieee754 -I../sysdeps/libm-ieee754 
-I../sysdeps/generic/elf -I../sysdeps/generic   -D_LIBC_REENTRANT -include 
../include/libc-symbols.h     -o /root/build-glibc/linuxthreads/signals.o
signals.c:71: warning: `union k_sigcontext' declared inside parameter list
signals.c:71: warning: its scope is only this definition or declaration, which 
is probably not what you want.
signals.c:71: warning: parameter has incomplete type
signals.c:75: warning: `union k_sigcontext' declared inside parameter list
signals.c:76: parameter `ctx' has incomplete type
signals.c: In function `pthread_sighandler':
signals.c:91: type of formal parameter 5 is incomplete
make[2]: *** [/root/build-glibc/linuxthreads/signals.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/glibc-2.1.2pre3/linuxthreads'
make[1]: *** [linuxthreads/others] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/glibc-2.1.2pre3'
make: *** [all] Error 2

The packages I used:
binutils-2.9.5.0.16
gcc-2.95.1
kernel headers of linux-2.2.12 with two rmk patches
glibc-2.1.2pre3
glibc-linuxthreads-2.1.2pre3
glibc-crypt-2.1

Thanx in advance.
Yee Man

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]