Subject: New with ARM

From: Miguel García López <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 19:34:58 +0100

Hello, everybody;

    I am a student from the Technische Universität from Berlin. I am
nowadays working on what here is called "End of Career Project", and my
subject has to do with system development based on ARM processors: The
basic idea is to bild several boards, here at the Mikroelectronik
Institute (obvious translation to English) based on ARM processors. I am
in charge of teh software part. The truth is that I have really just
begun, and feel a little overwhelmed by the amount of existing
documentation. I have also subscribed to the list, since I will probably
try to work with (at least its help) GNU/Linux for ARM and Intel
architectures, in order to get informed. My aim is to build something
like a bootloader and a small operating system which could be used with
these general-purpose boards developed here.

    So, my doubs relate to what to start with and thigs like that. What
do ARM systems share in common, and what are the best ways to proceed
and so. I would really appreciate if someone from you could lead me a
little, or help me to find useful information.

    I am sorry for having written such a long mail to the list, I have
noticed that they usually are quite concise.

    Thank you ver much in advance for your time and help !!

            Miguel

            e-mail: [email-masked]

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]