Subject: building ARM hardware

From: Terry Ewing <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 13:37:21 -0700

I'm looking to build a very minimal board that will have an ARM processor, 
an IDE interface, a serial port, and an ethernet port.  It's meant to run 
Linux and have a small task that it repeats.  There is no need for a 
monitor or keyboard.

Does anyone know any reference designs I can look at?  I know a lot of you 
designed your own hardware so if anyone is willing to share any design tips 
with me I'd appreciate it.  I'm in a VERY early design stage so if anyone 
can share any pictures, layouts, bills of materials, I'd appreciate it.

-Terry	

- Terry Ewing   <[email-masked]>
Deepwell Internet Services
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: "Adam 'WeirdArms' Wiggins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 22:43:35 +1000 (EST)

The first PLEB prototype "Photon" v1.1 schematics and PCB CAD
files (OrCAD) for the CPU board and Memory Daughter Board will be
avaliable for public download as soon as I can get a Hardware version of
the GPL sorted out. Any help/suggestions on such a licence would be
appreciated.

	Cheers Adam

---

From: "J.D. Bakker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 20:05:57 +0200

>Linux and have a small task that it repeats.  There is no need for a

[1]

>can share any pictures, layouts, bills of materials, I'd appreciate it.

Like Adam, once I've figured out the hardware GPL bit you're welcome to
mine. In the meantime, I've two (SA-1100) links:

http://www.it.kth.se/edu/gru/Fingerinfo/telesys.finger/Mobile.VT98/badge3.html

and

http://developer.intel.com/design/strong/schems/

HTH,

JDB.

[1] Let me guess... Hmmm... no sound, so that rules out Yet Another MP3
Player. Serial & ethernet could be a standalone modem server; ethernet and
IDE makes for a network snooper/recorder. Pray tell, which is it ? ;-)

--
I may be obsessive-compulsive, but it's NOT a disorder !
                 -- Paul S. Sawyer in the Monastery