Subject: Re: More fun building my ToolChain: glibc

From: Francois Desloges <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 16:50:10 -0400

The glibc documentation (FAQ) tells me that:
"Most add-ons are tightly coupled to a specific GNU libc version.  Please
check that the add-ons work with the GNU libc.  For example the crypt and
linuxthreads add-ons have the same numbering scheme as the libc and will in
general only work with the corresponding libc. "

Well I use glibc-2.1.2 and glibc-linuxthreads-2.1.2 but glibc-crypt-2.0.11,
since that's the only glibc-crypt version available on sourceware.cygnus.com
ftp's!  Can that be the problem?
I first thought that the nss was related to the crypt add-on but it seems that
eveything is untared in a crypt directory under glibc-2.1.12!

--
François Desloges
[email-masked]
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 09:54:09 +0100

>Well I use glibc-2.1.2 and glibc-linuxthreads-2.1.2 but glibc-crypt-2.011,

That certainly won't help.  I think the latest crypt is stored on a site 
outside the US, though I don't remember exactly where -- it should be 
mentioned in the libc documentation.

p.

---

From: Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 09:52:26 -0400 (EDT)

> mentioned in the libc documentation.

My glibc-2.1.2 is built with crypt-2.0.11 and everything went well.  I
didn't use any crypto features of glibc though, but the build succeeded.

Nicolas