Subject: Bin utils??

From: Francois Desloges <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 11:02:13 -0400

I'm in the process of building my ARM Toolchain

First step is to build binutils-2.9.1.0.19a
but neither
ftp://tsx-11.mit.edu/pub/linux/packages/GCC/
nor
ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/GCC/
have it 
The closest thing they offer is bin86-0.4.tar.gz

So, where else can I find it?

--
François Desloges
[email-masked]
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 17:43:56 +0100

>So, where else can I find it?

See the mailing list archives.  The new site is ftp.varesearch.com:/pub/
support/hjl.

p.

---

From: Francois Desloges <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 16:38:32 -0400

> See the mailing list archives.  The new site is ftp.varesearch.com:/pub/

Thanks!

May be some ToolChain webpages need a little update?
http://www.inkvine.fluff.org/~chris/arm-tools.html
http://www.tazenda.demon.co.uk/phil/arm-tools.html
and
http://developer.intel.com/design/strong/applnots/sa1100lx/binutil.htm#1001737
all points to the wrong sites for the wrong version (2.9.1.0.25) of binutils

So if you suggest in a 99-07-28 E-Mail that 2.9.1.0.19 is obsolete and we must
use some latest 2.9.1 and 2.9.4 releases will the
ftp://ftp.netwinder.org/users/p/philb/binutils-2.9.1.0.19a-arm-diff-981230
that every ToolChain webpages recommend still work?

The latest (2 day old) on varesearch is 2.9.5.0.11 will it work ?  With the
2.9.1.0.19a philb patch?  Or is a patch necessary at all for this version?

Thank you for being so patient with me
 --
François Desloges
[email-masked]
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 22:45:43 +0100

>May be some ToolChain webpages need a little update?

Yeah.  As ever the problem is a lack of time.

>that every ToolChain webpages recommend still work?

That patch is only applicable to 2.9.1.  For the 2.9.4/2.9.5 versions of 
binutils you should definitely not apply it, and even for 2.9.1 it was of 
questionable value.

>Thank you for being so patient with me

That version should be fine with no patches.  Be sure to read the release note 
though, you may need to modify your compiler.  If you are building gcc from 
source, the recent versions have a #if in gcc/config/linux-elf.h that you can 
change to make it work with the newer binutils.

p.