Subject: Re: PCI IDE controller?

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 09:05:16 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Philip Blundell wrote:

> >We're looking into adding a PCI IDE controller onto our ebsa285-like
> >board at work for a future release, and I was wondering what type of
> >support Linux-ARM has for these?  Specifically, is anyone using a
> >certain one with a workable driver?
> 
> The CATS uses an ALi 1543 chip which seems to work fine (including UDMA).  The
> NetWinder has a Winbond one which is also OK.
> 
Do you have any pointers to either of these, specifically websites?
Also, which drivers are those?  I believe the Winbond is
drivers/block/sl82c105.c, but I'm not sure about the ALi.

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <pb@fountain>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 15:49:08 +0100

>Do you have any pointers to either of these, specifically websites?

http://www.winbond.com.tw is Winbond.  The chip is the W83C553.  ALi are at 
http://www.acerlabs.com I think.

>drivers/block/sl82c105.c, but I'm not sure about the ALi.

Yup, that's right.  The driver for the ALi part is alim15x3.c.

p.