Subject: More beginner glibc problems for EBSA285

From: Benjamin Stocks <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 23:01:22 +0000

Hi, as stated before I'm pretty new at building cross compiling
environments. While building glibc for a cross compiling environment for
the EBSA285 I encountered this error about an hour into the build of
glibc 2.1.2:

In file included from ../sysdeps/generic/segfault.c:36:
../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/register-dump.h: In function
`register_dump':
../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/register-dump.h:81: structure has no
member named `ARM_cpsr'
make[1]: *** [segfault.os] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/arm/src/glibc-2.1.2/debug'
make: *** [debug/others] Error 2

We've tried changing the 'spec' file linker options from
'armelf_linux26' to 'armelf_linux32' since the 26 bit version of the
SA110 does not have a cptr register and the same error was reported.
Does anyone have a clue what has gone wrong? Any ideas would help.....

Thanks!
Ben

-- 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Benjamin Stocks
Computer Engineering
Milwaukee School of Engineering
email: [email-masked]
http://www.msoe.edu/~stocksb
voice: 414.220.9683

"Don't Panic"
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 10:02:47 +0100

>../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/register-dump.h:81: structure has no

What kernel sources do you have installed?  `ARM_cpsr' should be defined in 
<asm/proc/ptrace.h>.  Admittedly it's rather bad form for glibc to depend on 
this though.

p.

---

From: Benjamin Stocks <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 14:59:26 +0000

We are running 2.2.10 on the box and we are using 2.2.10 for the cross
compiling.

"Don't Panic"

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 20:32:16 +0100

>We are running 2.2.10 on the box and we are using 2.2.10 for the cross

Well, that should be OK.  I think you need to debug this a bit yourself and 
find out why the macro isn't getting defined.

p.