Subject: StrongARM profiling

From: "J.D. Bakker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 20:10:27 +0200

Hi all,

Is there any way to do profiling (with -pg and gprof) on the SA-1100 ? When
I try to use it, I get an extremely reproducible memory violation (bad
address 0). I use gcc-2.95.1 (crosscompiler from i386, with patch),
binutils-2.9.1.0.25 and glibc-2.1.1. Kernel is 2.2.10.

BTW, is it possible to use gprof on an i386 with ARM profile files and
binaries?

Sincerely,

Jan-Derk Bakker
[who is *very* happy to have the LCD interface working !]

--
In protocol design, perfection has been reached not when there is nothing
left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
                   -- RFC 1925, "Fundamental Truths of Networking"

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 19:19:30 +0100

>I try to use it, I get an extremely reproducible memory violation (bad

It should work.  There's nothing at all 1100-specific about the profiling 
code.  I'll give it a whirl tomorrow when I'm in the office unless anybody 
else has a chance to look at it first -- Scott is the profiling expert really 
so he might have some input.

p.