Subject: Two minor irritations...

From: Simon Kilvington <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 19:03:12 +0100

Hi,

1. how can I avoid having to type "root=/dev/hda3 ro" at the "Extra
arguments" prompt everytime I boot Linux on my A5000? I'm using kernel
loader v3.21.

2. when my syslog daemon starts up, it prints a message about "broken
flock emulation" - how can I fix my flock emulation? I've tried
recompiling syslogd from the sources, but it still does the same.
I'm using the libc from the RPMs on ftp.arm.linux...

-- 
Simon Kilvington
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 21:15:47 +0100 (BST)

> arguments" prompt everytime I boot Linux on my A5000? I'm using kernel

Check out the FAQ on my web site.

> I'm using the libc from the RPMs on ftp.arm.linux...

You can safely ignore this message, it's harmless (you only get a one-off
warning, and it's only there to tell you in the later kernels the flock
emulation won't be there).
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]