Subject: Problem with gcc

From: Benjamin Stocks <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 15:24:14 +0000

Hi in the process of building an cross compiling glibc on an i86 box, I
realized that I built the cross compiling gcc2.95 wrong so I went back
to do it right and hit an error. The build appears to run normal for a
little while and then exits with this error:

make[3]: Entering directory
`/usr/local/arm/src/gcc-2.95/arm-linux/libiberty'
make[3]: *** No targets.  Stop.
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/usr/local/arm/src/gcc-2.95/arm-linux/libiberty'
make[2]: *** [../libiberty/libiberty.a] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/usr/local/arm/src/gcc-2.95/arm-linux/libstdc++'
make[1]: *** [all-target-libstdc++] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/arm/src/gcc-2.95'
make: *** [cross] Error 2

Looking back from the output of the build I found this line:

configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
cannot create executables.

The directory causing the build to exit, the libiberty, is completely
built on the fly by the make. Has anyone gotten this error before? or
any ideas? I tried running a verbose make but it generated almost
300,000 lines of output.

Thanks so much,

-- 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Benjamin Stocks
Computer Engineering
Milwaukee School of Engineering
email: [email-masked]
http://www.msoe.edu/~stocksb
voice: 414.220.9683

"Don't Panic"
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 18:17:12 +0100

>cannot create executables.

You will get this until you have installed the C runtime libraries for the 
target system.  Libiberty, libio and so on depend on them.

p.