Subject: RiscPC: Please report for SIMMs

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 15:53:39 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

Could everyone who is using ARM Linux on a RiscPC please mail me
ASAP (and I mean yesterday!) their SIMM configuration, specifically
the size of the first SIMM in the machine.  I must have a reasonable
proportion of replies before Sunday 12:00 BST.

Due to an up and coming change in 2.3.18, it is important for me to
know the size of the SIMM is in the first socket.

Failure to do this could result in later kernels becoming incompatible
with your memory setup.

(I may have to enforce an 8MB minimum limit on the first bank in the
first SIMM, which generally means a 16MB SIMM in slot 0).
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]