Subject: cannot open crt1.o: No such file or directory

From: Benjamin Stocks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 04:33:23 +0000

Hi all,
I've almost got my cross compiling environment for ARM setup I just seem
to have one last problem. (I don't want to turn your listservs into
beginners lists anymore than I already have so I'll keep this brief).
I've built and installed binutils, gcc and glibc under my
/usr/local/arm/tools directory. I can use the arm-linux-gcc to compile
source code into object files but the linker fails with this message:
	/usr/local/arm/tools/arm-linux/bin/ld: cannot open crt1.o: No such file
or directory
	collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
I think I'm missing a path in some file that points at the proper shared
libraries because crt1.o is in my /usr/local/arm/tools/lib directory.
Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks for your time?

Ben

-- 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Benjamin Stocks
Computer Engineering
Milwaukee School of Engineering
email: [email-masked]
http://www.msoe.edu/~stocksb

"Don't Panic"
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 10:08:25 +0100

>Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks for your time?

It should be in /usr/local/arm/tools/arm-linux/lib.  Remember that when you 
configure glibc you need to add that extra pathname component to --prefix.

p.