Subject: RE: Can't seem to login ????

From: Iain Grant <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 13:55:05 +0100

I've checked my config.in file and it is linking in the nwfpe stuff from
the arch/arm directory of the 2.3.15 kernel. ( Question : with the old
kernel I needed a seperate floating
point program started up in inittab, is this required for the 2.3.15-rmk1
kernel ... ? )

I've gone from the base to the full image. ( Making all the mods I
previously listed )
I can now log in, although strange little things are still happening.

Firstly one problem I share with Dave Baukus is that my first try at
username and password times out.
I can only log in the second time ....

Once logged in if I attempt to add a user I get a password file is locked
try again later message.

Interesting......

Iain
-----Original Message-----
From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, September 27, 1999 7:24 PM
To: Iain Grant
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Can't seem to login ????

Iain Grant writes:
> I 've just pulled over the base-3.0-1.tar.gz from the netwinder web site
so

Are you sure it was 3.0-1?  The only reason I ask is that I seem to have
a significantly later 3.0 image than that.  If it is a very early release,
then there could well be many many problems with it.

> We are using the 2.3.15 kernel. ( Have I forgotten to switch something on
> ... )

Did you configure in nwfpe, or load the acorn fpe module?
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 14:57:04 +0100

>kernel I needed a seperate floating point program started up in inittab,
>is this required for the 2.3.15-rmk1 kernel ... ? )

Not if you compiled in NWFPE.

p.