Subject: Re: Linux and ARM SDT

From: Daniel Dui <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 14:42:09 +0000

I am still messing around trying to build an ARM executable on Linux and
then run it on the ARM-SDT-emulator.

I said:
> Strangely in the
> SDT reference manual they talk about AIF images, 
> but the compiler
> produces files with extension .axf . 

The reference manual never mentions .axf files. The user manual does,
but it never really explains what they look like. It basically just says
that you should click on them to load the file - very useful :-)

As Philip Blundell <[email-masked]> suggested there s no
reason to use AIF images since STD 2.50 understands AXF.

AXF is not really a format, but an ARM executable. 

arm-linux-gcc -static -ansi -o myprog.axf myprog.c

was all I did, no need for "objcopy".

The SDT-emulator loads that file, but is unable to run it. Quite
understandably, since that file is for "arm-linux".

Has any one got any further? Or has any idea about what to try next?

One interesting thing is that for the same source file the .dxf file
created with the SDT-compiler is 50 times smaller than the one produced
with arm-linux-gcc .

daniel

------------------------------------------------
  Daniel Dui  [email-masked]    CRS4  www.crs4.it 
  Centre for Advanced Studies, R&D in Sardinia
------------------------------------------------
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 16:15:42 +0100

>understandably, since that file is for "arm-linux".

What goes wrong, exactly?

p.

---

From: Daniel Dui <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 1999 11:49:41 +0000

> What goes wrong, exactly?

I don't know exactly. The error I get is:

Debugger Error: 
Program stopped: SWI

daniel

--