Subject: Immediates in macro's

From: "Adam 'WeirdArms' Wiggins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 01:12:40 +1000 (EST)

Using gcc to compile *.S files I have a macro that translates into 2 ARM
instructions both of which contain immediates.e problem is gcc (well cpp
anyway) wants to treat the '#' of the immediate as a cpp directive. Anyway
to fix this problem? Idea's, suggestions?

	Cheers Adam

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 17:12:31 +0100

>to fix this problem? Idea's, suggestions?

Use `$' instead of `#' in your source.  GAS understands both.

p.

---

From: "Adam 'WeirdArms' Wiggins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 02:30:06 +1000 (EST)

> Use `$' instead of `#' in your source.  GAS understands both.

	How does cpp treat $? because once the macro is substituted into
the source the $ disapears.

	Cheers Adam

---

From: "Adam 'WeirdArms' Wiggins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 02:25:31 +1000 (EST)

> Use `$' instead of `#' in your source.  GAS understands both.

	Cheers

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 20:19:38 +0100

>the source the $ disapears.

That doesn't seem to happen for me.  Can you post an example of the actual 
code you're using?

p.

---

From: "Adam 'WeirdArms' Wiggins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 23:44:41 +1000 (EST)

> That doesn't seem to happen for me.  Can you post an example of the actual 

	Actually I edited the wrong macro, the $ does work :*|

	Many thanks, Adam