Subject: Linux and ARM SDT

From: Daniel Dui <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 12:31:56 +0000

Hi all, I'd like to know if enyone has done something like this:

We have a Debian2.1 Linux box with a StrongARM cross development
environment installed (as described on Intel's documents) .

On a WinNT box we have the ARM Software Development Toolkit 2.5 which
comes with an ARM emulator. 

We wanted to build an image on the Linux box and run it on the WinNT
box. Has anyone tryed this? I would appreciate if you can point me to
the appropriate FM and docs (if any are available) and comment on the
feasibility of this thing.

Thank you

Daniel.

-- 
------------------------------------------------
  Daniel Dui  [email-masked]    CRS4  www.crs4.it 
  Centre for Advanced Studies, R&D in Sardinia
------------------------------------------------
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 14:11:12 +0100

>box. Has anyone tryed this? 

There's no reason this shouldn't work.  You could also use the ARMulator under 
Linux; I don't know how that measures up to ARM's offering.

p.

---

From: Daniel Dui <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 14:12:18 +0000

> Linux; I don't know how that measures up to ARM's

Obviously, I am confident that there is some way to make it work, I
wanted some hints about _how_ it could be done and if it could be done
easily or if it required some heavy duty hacking.

I had a look at GNU/ARMulator, but it doesn't emulate strongarm, which
is what I want.

I have being reading ARM's documentation that came with the SDT, but it
only covers how to use images produced with the STD-compiler.

Sadly i cannot simply arm-compile a program on linux and load it on the
STD-armulator. So I have no idea where to look next. Hence my call for
help.

daniel

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 19:51:56 +0100

>easily or if it required some heavy duty hacking.

It might suffice to just use objcopy to convert the image into some form that 
the ARM tools understands.  What format this is depends on exactly what 
versions of the two toolchains you are using.

p.