Subject: EBSA285

From: Terry Ewing <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 17:14:23 -0700

Are these still being sold?  What's the price range on them?

EBSA285:  This is an evaluation board for the 21285 which comes as a PCI 
card.  The PCI card can be configured to be a host or an add-in card. In 
host mode, it can be plugged into a stand-alone backplane, and PCI a system 
built up. In add-in mode, it can be plugged into a PCI slot in a standard PC.

- Terry Ewing   <[email-masked]>
Deepwell Internet Services
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Jonathan Foster Kliegman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 20:29:25 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from linux-arm: 18-Aug-99 EBSA285  by Terry [email-masked] 
> built up. In add-in mode, it can be plugged into a PCI slot in a standard PC.

They are still being sold, though the last time we ordered one (early in
the summer) there was a big backlog.  Look at Intels main distributor. 
The part number you want is 21A85-01.  The price was $695 a while ago
but has gone up a bit since then although it differs between
distributors.  Unfortunately, I don't have the distributors numbers on
me (you can get them from Intel's web page) but we managed to get two
recently from either AvNet or Newark Electronics.  I think we got one
from each actually..  

-Jon

---

From: David Feustel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 06:36:07 -0500

You can buy a complete PC motherboard with Strongarm chip substituted
for x86 cpu. The motherboard was designed by Chaltech technology
http://www.chaltech.com and distributed by Simtec Electronics
http://www.simtec.demon.co.uk. The motherboard can support up to
128Meg of ram and has 4 or so PCI slots. It costs less than the ESBA-285.

>unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

David Feustel
Fort Wayne, Indiana
219-483-1857

[email-masked]
http://www.mindspring.com/~dfeustel

PDF Attachments Are Always Virus-free 
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Jonathan Foster Kliegman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 07:48:44 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from linux-arm: 19-Aug-99 Re: EBSA285 by David Feustel@mindspring 
> 128Meg of ram and has 4 or so PCI slots. It costs less than the ESBA-285.

Can it function as a PCI add in card though?  That was the reason we
bought the EBSA-285's...

-Jon

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 23:19:41 +0100

>Can it function as a PCI add in card though?  That was the reason we

No; the CATS (which is the machine David is referring to) is an ATX 
form-factor motherboard, not a plug-in card.

p.