Subject: Re: gcc-2.95 : ./gengenrtl tmp-genrtl.h tmp-genrtl.c

From: Jan-Uwe Finck <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 13:48:21 +0200

On Sat, Aug 14, 1999 at 01:14:56PM +0100, Russell King - ARM Linux Admin wrote:
> Jan-Uwe Finck writes:
> > [root@riscy gcc]# ldd gengenrtl
> >         statically linked (ELF)
> 
> Hmm, this message is different from the one which was issued while
> compiling, which was just the 'statically linked' part.  Can you confirm
> this?

After trying to understand this thing I stumbled across this :

gcc -DCROSS_COMPILE -DIN_GCC     -g -O2  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -o gencheck
\
 gencheck.o ` case "obstack.o" in ?*) echo obstack.o ;; esac ` ` case
 "" in ?*)
 echo  ;; esac ` ` case "" in ?*) echo  ;; esac `  ` case "" in ?*)
 echo  ;; esac ` ` case "" in ?*) echo  ;; esac `
 ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol _start; defaulting to 02000080
 ./gencheck > tmp-check.h
         statically linked

Maybe this ld-warning gives a hint ?  I suppose this behaviour is
_not_ normal, but as may programming-skills are nearly non-existent, I
can't tell.
-- 
CU	
	Jan-Uwe
-------------------------------------------------
PGP-Public-Key on Request.
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]