Subject: co285

From: Gaixia Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 20:39:21 -0500

Hi,

I am trying to use Mark's tool (ftp://nt4.el.utwente.nl/pub/co285)
to download ARM-Linux to my ebsa285. What I did is:

1. Use 2.0.35 to program the ROM of ebsa285 so that it will boot
the Linux kernel;

2. Use 2.1.99 to make kernel 2.2.10:
     apply patch-2.2.10-mvdl
     Configure the driver as a module
     Driver type is host
     Include 21285 targets
     Select "Enable Loadable module support"
     Select "Set Version Information on all symobls for modules"
     Select "Kernel Module Loader"

3. Boot 2.2.10 and make 2.2.9 arm kernel with the pathes

4. cd arm/v2.1
   make
   insmod arm_run.o

Now, comes to the erros message:
     ......
     arm_run.o: unresolved symbol --ioremap
     arm_run.o: unresolved symbol pci_find_device
     arm_run.o: unresolved symbol printk

Do I miss sth? Please Note I can "insmod pcimsg" successfully?

Thanks,
Gaixia Zhang

________________________________________________________
NetZero - We believe in a FREE Internet.  Shouldn't you?
Get your FREE Internet Access and Email at
http://www.netzero.net/download/index.html
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Jonathan Foster Kliegman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 13:51:16 -0400 (EDT)

I hate to state the obvious, but you may want to double check that
you're building all your modules with /usr/src/linux pointing to the
write kernel build tree.  The makefile uses the standard paths so if
/usr/src/linux is pointing to an older kernel version you'll have
trouble.

In fact, for our build here we did all of our builds under 2.2.10 and
that worked fine.  This way we only had one kernel version to worry
about and don't need to hop around between different trees.  Just a
warning:  While we got arm_run.o to run under 2.2.10, we've only
implemented the pcimsg patch with the 2.2.7 (and 2.2.9 I believe trees).

-Jon

Excerpts from linux-arm: 17-Aug-99 co285 by Gaixia [email-masked]