Subject: 2.2.10 / Brutus

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 09:59:16 +0100

Hi,

     Adam said he had linux 2.2.10 / Brutus. That's interesting...
     I've been running 2.2.2 on a brutus-like for a while now, and for fun, I
tried to upgrade it to 2.2.10. But ( it's always like that ;-), here is my
problem:
     On the brutus board, there is two serial ports ( called Ser1 and Ser3). On
my brutus-like board, there is only the second one, Ser3. When I booted for the
first time 2.2.2, I had nothing on my screen, because all the information went
through the Ser1 port (that didn't exist !!!). To solve that problem, I modified
a line from the "linux/drivers/char/serial_sa1100.c" file (serial_console_setup
function)

          serial_echo_port = (unsigned long *)&Ser1UTCR0
     to   serial_echo_port = (unsigned long *)&Ser3UTCR0

In the 2.2.10 version this file doesn't exist anymore. So again, all the
information of the booting kernel are send to the Ser1. And I don't know how (in
which file) to change that.

Have you got any idea ?
Thank you in advance.

Arnaud

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: "Adam 'WeirdArms' Wiggins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 19:43:08 +1000 (EST)

Mine booted with frame buffer (pengiun and all) and had a console
on ser1 as well.

	Cheers Adam

---

From: Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 10:27:58 -0400 (EDT)

> which file) to change that.

You should look in linux/drivers/char/serial_sa1100.c starting from line
2650.  This is for console messages.  Also if you want to reverse ttyS0
and ttyS1 devices, look from line 160.

Nicolas Pitre, B. ing.
[email-masked]