Subject: Re: co285

From: Mark van Doesburg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 09:20:32 +0200

Select "Set Version Information on all symobls for modules"

I've never tested it with this option, but I've heard from others that
it doesn't work. It is very likely that the problem is caused by
enabling this option.

	     Select "Kernel Module Loader"

I've also never tried this option. I don't know what will happen.

Please try it with these options disabled. If you still can't get it to
work I would like to hear about it.

Greetings,

Mark.
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 21:45:51 +0100

>it doesn't work. It is very likely that the problem is caused by

This option will cause you trouble if you compile modules outside the kernel 
source (ie without -DMODVERSIONS and -include <linux/modversions.h>, or 
whatever the magic runes are).  It certainly used to be the case that it 
didn't actually buy you very much, and could sometimes cause modules to 
spuriously fail to load. 

>I've also never tried this option. I don't know what will happen.

That one should be benign.  It just allows the kernel to auto-load some 
modules when they are needed.

p.