Subject: Re: This time it's gcc... :-(

From: "Michael Bruck" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 14:40:31 +0200

Go into the libiberty directory and type make libiberty.a . I've already
seen this with older egcs versions and I think this is what I usually did in
this situation.

Micha

----- Original Message -----
From: Jan-Uwe Finck <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 1999 7:15 PM
Subject: This time it's gcc... :-(

>I _hate_ to ask again..
>Anyway, I fetched gcc-2.95, patched in /gcc-2.95/gcc , configured it
>by ./configure arm-linux --prefix=/usr , and typed make LANGUAGES="c",
>and the result is a bug after some Lines :
>
>[root@riscy gcc]# make LANGUAGES="c"
>gcc  -DIN_GCC     -g  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -o cccp cccp.o cexp.o intl.o
>prefix.o version.o  mbchar.o  obstack.o
>../libiberty/libiberty.a
>gcc: ../libiberty/libiberty.a: No such file or directory
>make: *** [cccp] Error 1
>
>I checked it, the file is non-existent, but I couldn't manage to find
>the appropiate line in the Makefile to comment it out or even look at
>it.This means I'm stuck again.. (what a pain, but I want to build the
>toolchain completely on my own..)
>
>I'm sure the solution is simple again...
>
>old Kernel 2.0.36, binutils-2.9.0.1.25 installed.
>--
>CU
> Jan-Uwe
>-------------------------------------------------
>PGP-Public-Key on Request.
>unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
>

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Thomas Marx <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 18:15:19 +0200

<snip lots of stuff>

Hi!
As i see it there are lots of people trying to use the new releases.
Is it posible for someone to build up a rpm-package which you just
install?

I was thinkin to go compile everything but the real thing I want to do
with ArmLinux is to program.

The next Qs follows directly. When will there be a new distribution with
a 2.2 kernel , the gcc 2.95 ...

If theres something I can do with my totally confused ArmLinux here are
home plase let me know.

Best regards, Tom
-- 

Thomas Marx          Fon +49 241 542886
Bluecherplatz 24
52068 Aachen         email [email-masked]
Germany
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: "Rod m. Stewart" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 15:29:10 -0400 (EDT)

> a 2.2 kernel , the gcc 2.95 ...

Are you on an armv4l machine (ie. not a RiscPC)?  Do you have versionning
enable in your glibc?  If yes, to both of those, then you could try the 
Titan stuff I have.  The only problem is the documentation is almost non
existent, at present.

Currently it has egcs-1.1.2, but I have gcc 2.95 on my machine at home
and it will make it over to the main tree this week.  Titan VI is very
similar to Red Hat 6.0.

What is currently there:
	ftp.nw.carleton.ca/pub/winder-testing/pre_titanVI/RPMS

Oh, and X has issues.

This weekend pre_2_titanVI (pre releaes 2) is going up, just don't know if
it will have binutiles 2.9.5 or not..

-Rms