Subject: loadmap ?

From: Peter Teichmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 23:05:32 +0100

Hi,

after upgrading to kernel 2.2.x and ELF on an Acorn RiscPC I would really
like to start my Linux by simply doubleclicking onto the Linux boot loader
instead of booting the kernel from a RiscOS harddisk and typing in
root=/dev/hda3 every time.

For that I would need the loadmap utility. Unfortunately it will not run
any more. So the question: where can I find the sources to recompile it?

Thank you very much in advance!

-- 
Peter Teichmann

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Email: [email-masked]  WWW: rcswww.urz.tu-dresden.de/~teich-p

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: "Hanske;Stefan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 11:43:32 +0200 (METDST)

> Thank you very much in advance!
You can use the a.out-loadmap but you have to copy the old libc.so.4* to
/lib. It won't hurt the system.

---

From: Peter Teichmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 20:15:17 +0100

In message <[email-masked]>

> /lib. It won't hurt the system.

That does not work. It only leads to a memory violation.

-- 
Peter Teichmann

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 20:49:14 +0100 (BST)

> That does not work. It only leads to a memory violation.

The latest version works, which should be on the FTP site.  The version I'm
currently using is loadmap 1.6.1 (Mar 15 1998)
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]