Subject: RE: binutils-2.9.1.0.19a.tar.gz ??

From: "Chagas, Jason" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 08:18:47 -0700

Phil,

I found a later version  (binutils-2.9.1.0.25.tar.gz) at
ftp://ftp.varesearch.com/pub/support/hjl/binutils/
<ftp://ftp.varesearch.com/pub/support/hjl/binutils/>   but I couldn't find
binutils-2.9.1.0.19a.tar.gz. On a reply to Alex Holden ([email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> ) when he asked if the later versions of
Binutils work "OK" and if the problems with the ELF sections have been fixed
on later versions you stated the following:

"I haven't personally tried any later version.  I'd be surprised if the
section problems have been fixed in the binutils 2.9 branch, and to be
honest I don't really expect that they ever will be.  At the moment I'm
concentrating my efforts, such as they are, on gas2."

Do you know of anyone who has been successful with later versions of
Binutils??

Thanks,

Jason

	----------
	From:  Philip Blundell [SMTP:[email-masked]]
	Sent:  Tuesday, July 13, 1999 4:52 AM
	To:  Chagas, Jason
	Cc:  [email-masked]'
	Subject:  Re: binutils-2.9.1.0.19a.tar.gz ?? 

	>Does anyone know where "binutils-2.9.1.0.19a.tar.gz"  is now?  It
used to be
	>at:

	Try ftp.varesearch.com.  I think I've posted the exact URLs before
but I don't 
	remember them off the top of my head -- something like
/pub/support/hjl/.

	p.
	
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: "Rod m. Stewart" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 11:32:14 -0400 (EDT)

> on later versions you stated the following:

If you are really set on finding a version of binutils 2.9.1.0.19a, I do
have a copy on my machine.  Let me know if you are interested and I put it
in a publically viewable place.  I'd say go for a latter version..

> Do you know of anyone who has been successful with later versions of

I've been using binutils-2.9.1.0.23 (with an ARM patch from Philip)
without any problems, for a few months.  It builds an entire system for
me.

-Rms

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 16:25:59 +0100

Jason,

>Do you know of anyone who has been successful with later versions of

I don't have any direct knowledge of people successfully using later 2.9
versions, but I should imagine that 2.9.1.0.25 will work at least as well as 
2.9.1.0.19 did.  As far as I know 2.9.1.0.25 will be the last ever release 
from the 2.9 fork.

I'm now using the "2.9.4" track which seems to be working quite well.  This 
version does, incidentally, fix the problems that Alex was originally asking 
about.

p.

---

From: Alex Holden <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 08:40:06 +0100 (GMT)

> Do you know of anyone who has been successful with later versions of

I think I'm using .25 currently, and haven't noticed any problems yet.

--------------- Linux- the choice of a GNU generation. --------------
: Alex Holden (M1CJD)- Caver, Programmer, Land Rover nut, Radio Ham :