Subject: crt1/i/n.o

From: Simon Kilvington <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 17:01:57 +0100

Hello,

	I've got a small bootstrapping problem - I can't build my
elf cross compiler cuz I need crt1.o (and presumably crti.o and crtn.o
too) but I need the cross compiler to build glibc (which contains the
crt files). So where can I get hold of the crt files for an A5000? or
can I use "xgcc" which gets built during the failed egcs compilation to
build glibc?

	Also, I'm using egcs 1.1.1 and the 990113 arm patches, but it
seems to ignore me when I try to tell it to only make a C compiler.
I've tried configure with --enable-languages="c", and I've tried using
LANGUAGES="c" with make, but it always tries to build a C++ compiler
too.

-- 
Simon Kilvington
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 18:45:50 +0100

>can I use "xgcc" which gets built during the failed egcs compilation to

See the notes at <http://www.tazenda.demon.co.uk/phil/arm-tools.html>.  Once 
gcc itself is built (even if the run-time system failed to compile) you can 
say `make install' in the gcc directory and then use this compiler to build 
libc.

>seems to ignore me when I try to tell it to only make a C compiler.

BTW, you might want to try the latest prerelease of gcc-2.95 instead.  It 
should be rather less buggy.

p.