Subject: pre-patch-2.2.5-rmk2 and new fpem-4.07

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 23:24:59 +0100 (BST)

2.2.5-rmk2
----------

Ok, in the spirit of pre-patches (and hence unstable patches), here's
another one for 2.2.5 - it should return the machine to full speed.
(The last one was missing some cache bits on the stack pages).

Please note that this is a pre-patch, and as such it is likely to be
unstable and of dubious quality.  If you want reliability, stick with
the 2.2.3 patch.

As with the previous pre-patch, please include as much info as possible
in any debug reports to aid tracking down any problems.  If there are
any more code changes tomorrow, this will be followed by a 2.2.5-rmk3
patch and so forth until everyone's happy that stability has returned.

I really would like to hear from those who have StrongARM rev.Ks and
the StrongARM-1100 team to find out if it has fixed their problems.

fpem-4.07
---------

Yep, another release of this beast, this time with cos(0.7) producing
the correct value.  The bug seemed to be in the multiply code itself,
so I'm surprised more problems weren't noticed.

Anyway, new fpem is on the ftp site -
	ftp.arm.linux.org.uk:/pub/armlinux/fpemulator/fpem-2.2.5-armv4.o.gz

It should be functional with suitable use of the insmod '-f' flag on any
2.2 kernel.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]