Subject: ftp, telnet

From: "Steve Kipisz (EUS)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 15:37:35 -0500

We have a hardware platform similar to Brutus.  I have a Socket
Communications LPE (Low Power Ethernet) PCMCIA card I'm trying to get
working.  I can ping without any problems.  I've tried using ftp or telnet,
but nothing seems to happen.  When I ftp one of our workstations, I can type
in the username and password but then ftp just sits there.  No command
prompt.  As for telnet, I get the "..^]" message and then no prompt to log
in.

I figure it has something to do with ethernet networking since I can dial up
a PPP connection through an analog modem and ftp/telnet work fine.  I
modified the ne.c driver to support the PCMCIA card.  In the block input and
block output routines I've printed about 24 bytes of header info. and it all
looks good.

Anybody have any ideas?

Steve Kipisz
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 09:46:01 +0100

>but nothing seems to happen.  When I ftp one of our workstations, I can type

Have you tried ping with different packet sizes, especially odd numbers of 
bytes, very small and very large (MTU size) payloads?

Also, you could try running tcpdump on another machine to see the frames on 
the wire.  That might reveal the problem.

p.