Subject: Publically-available ARM Linux machine

From: Chris Rutter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 11:49:56 +0100 (BST)

I'm having to return my current Linuxed RiscPC to the computing
department (it was borrowed, as a temporary experiment), and aside
from my home RiscPC, connected via a measly 14k4 modem, I have
no Internet-accessible ARM Linux machines.

Therefore I thought I'd float a proposal.

What would people think about having a generally-accessible (well,
for developers, in the main) ARM Linux machine located somewhere on
the Internet?  Something preferably with huge wodges of disk space;
ideal for long and repetitive testing, or perhaps to nip on and
check out the status of some bug on the latest compiling tools.
It could also serve as a distribution point for ARM Linux software.

I could, for example, host this via our 2Mb/s line at wincoll.ac.uk,
and also provide facility for quick restart on kernel panic.

Undoubtedly, people would suggest perhaps using a Netwinder, rather
than a RiscPC.  All I can say is that I can get hold of RiscPC spare
bits more easily.  Perhaps facility already exists for this sort of
thing at netwinder.org, and this suggestion is totally redundant.

Any comments?

-- 
Chris <[email-masked]>                         ( http://www.fluff.org/chris )

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]