Subject: /etc/fb.modes

From: Chris Rutter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 02:43:23 +0100 (BST)

Has anyone got a good example /etc/fb.modes for a generic 14"
monitor connected via VIDC20?  Or, even better, a way of converting
between RISC OS 3.5+ MDFs and fbset files?

-- 
Chris <[email-masked]>                         ( http://www.fluff.org/chris )

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Stefan Hanske <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 12:35:50 +0200 (METDST)

> between RISC OS 3.5+ MDFs and fbset files?

There's a very good example file in the fbset sources - you just need the
specs from your monitor. The modes are called something like 1280x1024-60
or 1024x768-70 - so you can just guess which modes are possible. With a
litle time you can cut it down to your needs. (I think it was the example
file for Alpha PCI systems).

----------------------------------------------------------
|mailto: Stefan Hanske ([email-masked] |
|WWW : http://www.rzuser.uni-heidelberg.de/~shanske      |
|phone: I'm not silly                                    |
|--------------------------------------------------------|
| And don't forget to remember what you remembered not   |
| to forget to remember...				 |
----------------------------------------------------------