Subject: How do I create a patch??

From: "Chagas, Jason" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 16:48:13 -0700

How do I create a "patch"?  Do I need to use the "diff" command?  Which
switches should I use?

Thanks,

Jason

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Matthew Wilcox <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 01:55:40 +0200

> How do I create a "patch"?  Do I need to use the "diff" command?  Which

I believe this is covered in one of the pieces of documentation.
-urN are the preferred flags (unified, recursive and New files).
you can skip N if you've not created any new files, and you can skip
r if you're only diffing two files against each other as opposed to two
directories.

-- 
Matthew Wilcox <[email-masked]>
"Windows and MacOS are products, contrived by engineers in the service of
specific companies. Unix, by contrast, is not so much a product as it is a
painstakingly compiled oral history of the hacker subculture." - N Stephenson
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]