Subject: A couple of questions... (Samba 2.0.3 & BitchX)

From: Melanie Rhianna Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 10:30:14 +0100 (GMT)

Hi

I'm quite busy with work at the moment but as I have my RPC sat next to me
I've been getting it to compile up newer versions of applications.  I
haven't got ELF running yet as I don't really have the time at the moment
so I'm building for aout.

I've built Ncurses 4 together with Midnight Commander 4 with no problems.

Samba 2.0.3 seemed to compile without problems but it just locks when ever
you try and run it.  Swat works though.  Anyone have experience with this
yet?

Finally BitchX falls over at linking with problems finding the 'dll'
functions, dlopen etc.  Now I have to admit I don't do much development
for Unix/Linux other than small C apps and Java so I'm not that au fait
with the libraries etc.  My first thought would be that aout doesn't
support those functions (from the way I understand aout) but the man pages
exists.  So is it just that the linker can't find them?  If so where are
they?

Thanks

Melanie

-- 
=====================================================================
Melanie Rhianna Lewis                      [email-masked]
"An it hurt none, do what thou will"    http://www.defaid.demon.co.uk
TLBB#2 TGMCC#1 - GS550 (In the front yard), X7 (Dead), MZ 125TS (Ill)
=====================================================================

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 11:42:08 +0100

>support those functions (from the way I understand aout) but the man pages

The old a.out libraries used to kind-of support dynamic linking, but I can't 
remember whether libc or ld.so actually included an implementation of those 
functions.  They'd probably be in libdl if anywhere, though depending on what 
BitchX is trying to do with them you may be onto a loser.

p.