Subject: pre-patch-2.2.5-rmk4

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 23:13:13 +0100 (BST)

Yep, and there's yet another one.  We're getting closer to a stable kernel
(although I haven't seen any crashes, it's more a case of working out where
the performance has gone).

This patch allows caching of kernel loadable modules, resulting in them
running at full speed again.

Usual stuff - if you find any bugs, let me know (as per my first -rmk1
mailing please).
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 23:32:28 +0100

>the performance has gone).

Did you have any ideas on the crash I reported?

p.

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 13:20:40 +0100

>the performance has gone).

By the way, I see you've imported a new version of the tulip driver but 
without Alexey's changes (fastroute/hw-flowcontrol etc).  Were you trying to 
solve a specific problem or did you just generally want the latest Becker 
version?

p.

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 13:55:35 +0100 (BST)

> solve a specific problem or did you just generally want the latest Becker 

I was requested to upgrade it to the latest version, unfortunately, it
doesn't have the fastroute/flowcontrol stuff in.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]