Subject: acornfb in 1bpp modes

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 20:09:57 +0100

Is anybody successfully using acornfb in a 1 bit per pixel mode?  On my 
A5000 the screen is wrapped round horizontally; it looks like the DMA engine 
and fbcon disagree about the start address by about 4 bytes.

p.

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 22:38:59 +0100 (BST)

> and fbcon disagree about the start address by about 4 bytes.

They probably don't disagree - the FIFO setting could be wrong
making it appear to be out.  How is normal text?
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 22:53:10 +0100

>making it appear to be out.  How is normal text?

Aside from the wraparound everything is fine.  By the way, scrolling 
vertically seems to change the amount of wrap.

p.