Subject: Question about the ArmLinux RPMs

From: "Christian Schuhegger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 20:05:17 +0200

Hello,

I want to install an elf - glibc2 - ArmLinux on my RiscPC. But there are
still some questions where
I can't find any information about in the FAQ
    http://www.arm.uk.linux.org/armlinux/faq.html
, so I try my luck here:

1. Are the RPMs supplied by ArmLinux already in the ELF format or are they
still in a.out?
2. Are the binaries already based on glibc2?
3. Why does the archive of this mailinglist in
ftp://ftp.barnet.ac.uk/pub/Acorn/armlinux/mail/ stop at 9807?

Besides that I would like to know how the ArmLinux port by Russell King is
related to the projects of Debian and Corel.org.

Many thanks for every answer!

--
MfG,
Christian Schuhegger <[email-masked]>
Stimmen gegen SPAM: http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/ 

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 21:48:34 +0100

>1. Are the RPMs supplied by ArmLinux already in the ELF format or are they

If you mean the ones from Russell King's distribution, they are a.out.  RedHat 
Rawhide has RPMs containing ELF binaries, though I don't know whether they 
will run on a RiscPC or not.  Debian is also using ELF binaries and should be 
RiscPC friendly.

>2. Are the binaries already based on glibc2?

The ELF ones are.  The a.out ones are not - they're based on the old libc4.

p.