Subject: Problem with arm gdb

From: christophe leroy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 15:36:26 +0000

Dear david,

I've compiled gdb-4.17 patched with your
gdb_4.17-4.arm.m68k.objc.threads.hwwp.fpu.gnat.1.diff.gz patch for
arm-linux.
When I try it, I get

BFD: /mnt/./tick: version count (4) does not match symbol count (8)

(gdb) run
Starting program: /mnt/./tick
[tcsetpgrp failed in terminal_inferior: Inappropriate ioctl for device]
BFD: /lib/libc.so.6: version count (847) does not match symbol count
(1695)
Cannot access memory at address 0x0.

I've then tried to replace bfd subtree by the one from
binutils-2.9.1.0.19a,
and I dont get anymore BFD error, but I get

(gdb) run
Starting program: /mnt/p
[tcsetpgrp failed in terminal_inferior: Inappropriate ioctl for device]
Cannot access memory at address 0x0.
(gdb)

Do you know what's going wrong with that ?

I'm using kernel-2.2.3 on a Brutus board.

Thanks for any help

Christophe

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]