Subject: My email

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 00:26:41 +0100 (BST)

To all people expecting replies, or will be expecting replies this week,

We are currently having bad weather here in the UK, and I'm very unhappy
about leaving my modem plugged into the phone line.  As a result of this,
my machines will not be regularly fetching mail, and as such, replies
are likely to be very infrequent.

This is due to there being no way to protect any equipment connected to
telephone lines against near-lightning strikes.

(yesterday, the fax machine died, someone around here lost their chimney,
and a lot of people lost their TVs and video recorders due to one lightning
bolt).

As you can imagine, I do not want to loose any of my computer equipment
this way...

Please be patient.  Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]