Subject: Accessing partitions on APDL interface

From: "J.Bland" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 20:37:31 +0100

Hiya, another Linux convertee here. About got my setup working apart from one
litle annoying thing, I just can't access my hdd connected to the apdl
interface. Just accesssing the filecore partitions would be a start.

   I've heard about using something like mount -t adfs /dev/hdcX /mnt/apdl (X
being partition number) but it always complains of 'is not a block device' or
'special device does not exist'.

   Accessing filecore would be very handy but having a linux partition put on
there would be very handy too, but is this possible? And if it is would it
mean reformatting (much annoyance if it is)?

   Thanks for any help you can offer,
                                     John.
                                     
ps I'm using a self-compiled kernel (2.0.36) with things like extra devices
enabled and ICS interface support enabled.

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 John Bland                            Webmaster and Ph.D. Research Student,
 M.Phys (Hons) Grad.Inst.P              Condensed Matter Physics Department,
 [email-masked]                               The University of Liverpool
 http://pc084085.melgrove.liv.ac.uk/  http://www.liv.ac.uk/~olmsg01/physics/

        Secretary, Liverpool University Acorn Computer Users Society
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The Sleeper Must Awaken" - Dune Messiah
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 21:01:50 +0100 (BST)

> 'special device does not exist'.

Do you have a hdcX block device in your /dev directory?  Any chance of pasting
the output of ls -al /dev/hdc* ?  Also, if you could past the contents of
/proc/devices, and /var/log/dmesg it'd be useful.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]