Subject: Matchita cdrom drive problem

From: Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 19:29:31 -0400 (EDT)

I think this topic already popped up some time ago but I wasn't paying
much attention at that time.

Situation:

I'm working on a SA1100 board of our own and since the beginning it was
running 2.0.35.  Because there wasn't any ATAPI cdrom driver by default
for ARM in 2.0.35 I copied the general driver from
drivers/block/ide-cd.c over to arch/arm/drivers/block/ and arranged for it
to compile in.  The wonderful thing is that it just worked!!  We use Tiac
and Matshita cdrom drives big time without a glitch.

Now I switched to 2.2.5 and the ATAPI cdrom driver is available in the
stock kernel.  The thing is that it works with Tiac drives but it doesn't
work with Matshita drives anymore. 

The problem seems like if the Matshita just barf on some
packet commands.  Unfortunately I don't have all the funky details handy
like model number, error dump, etc.  However I wanted to know if 
a known solution exists since I remember some people already discussed
about Matshita drives on this list before.

PS: I'm on vacation from now until the 27th.  If nobody knowd the
answer... then I'll know what to do when I'm back...

Nicolas Pitre, B. ing.
[email-masked]

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 07:45:09 +0100 (BST)

Nicolas Pitre writes:
> to compile in.

It has always been available.  I use it for the RiscPC...

However, I am not aware of any problems with Matshita IDE drives with 2.2.x.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]