Subject: YPBINDPROC_DOMAIN

From: "J.Bland" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 23:31:27 +0100

I'm having a small but very annoying problem with my armlinux. On some
processes (so far, this includes logging in, doing an ls -l and tar cvf) the
box returns the following message:

YPBINDPROC_DOMAIN: No bound server for domain mach2.sliced.uk.eu.org
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

  The only thing I can think that could be causing this is that this machine
(at present) doesn't have a hostname on the network (or anywhere). The above
domainname should be resolving soon but the same error occurs no matter what
the name, even (none).

  Any ideas why this is happening (I can't remember it happening when I first
installed)? Machine is 32MB SA running 2.0.36.

  Cheers,
         John.

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 John Bland                            Webmaster and Ph.D. Research Student,
 M.Phys (Hons) Grad.Inst.P              Condensed Matter Physics Department,
 [email-masked]                               The University of Liverpool
 http://pc084085.melgrove.liv.ac.uk/  http://www.liv.ac.uk/~olmsg01/physics/

        Secretary, Liverpool University Acorn Computer Users Society
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The Sleeper Must Awaken" - Dune Messiah
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 10:03:39 +0100

>YPBINDPROC_DOMAIN: No bound server for domain mach2.sliced.uk.eu.org

Are you trying to run NIS?  If so, you probably don't have ypbind running or 
you need to give it more parameters.  If not, you should take the NIS stuff 
out of your configuration files so that nothing tries to use it.

p.