Subject: Brutus Linux v2.0.35 hangs

From: "Chagas, Jason" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 17:13:34 -0800

Nico,

I've been able to build (w/ 'a.out' Binutils 2.9.1.0.19a and Egcs 1.1.1)
both Kernel v2.0.35 and the Itsy Brutus version (v2.0.30) downloaded from
Digital. Both versions seem to start booting ok and  but they suddenly
"hang" right after "**** Turning off console printing ****". These are the
messages that come up on the screen:

FrameBuffer : 0xc008d000, len:81919
Console: colour A-series 53x29x256, 1 virtual console (max 63)
Calibrating delay loop, , ok - 194,15 BogoMIPS
Brutus PCMCIA initialization
Memory: 11320k/16384k available (440k kernel code, 36k reserved, 492k data)
Swansea University Computer Society NET3.035 for Linux 2.0
NET3: Unix domain sockets 0.13 for Linux NET3.035.
Linux version 2.0.35 ([email-masked])
(gcc version egcs-2.91.60 19990113/philb (egcs-1.1.1 release)) #3 Mon Mar 8
16:26:27 EST 1999
Starting kswapd v 1.4.2.2
Keyboard driver v1.01
**** Turning off console printing ****

These are the commands I use to load v2.0.35 (Angel 1.02) and Itsy (Angel
1.0) kernels respectively:

angelboot/angelboot -d /dev/ttyS0 -c "9600 8N1" -b 0x8000 -e 0xc0008020 -S
115200 -O ramdisk.gz -B 0x800000 vmlinux-2.0.35

../angelboot/angelboot -d /dev/ttyS0 -c "9600 8N1" -b 0x8000 -e 0x8020 -S
115200 -O ramdisk-itsy.gz -B 0x800000 vmlinux-itsy1

Any ideas?

Jason

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]