Subject: Re: Brutus Linux v2.0.35 hangs

From: "Chagas, Jason" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 13:59:54 -0800

>BTW: I never was able to build a correct a.out kernel with egcs-1.1.1 but
egcs-1.1.1-pre2 + PhilB >patch dated 981223 (or around) worked for me.  With
egcs-1.1.1 the kernel build but any user space >app will segfault. 

Where can I get "egcs-1.1.1-pre2" and corresponding PhilB's patch?  I've
already searched the following sites:

ftp://ftp.netwinder.org/users/p/philb/
<ftp://ftp.netwinder.org/users/p/philb/> 
ftp://vger.rutgers.edu/pub/gcc/arm/ <ftp://vger.rutgers.edu/pub/gcc/arm/> 
ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/ <ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/> 
ftp://tsx-11.mit.edu/pub/linux/packages/GCC/
<ftp://tsx-11.mit.edu/pub/linux/packages/GCC/> 
ftp://egcs.cygnus.com/pub/egcs/releases/egcs-1.1.1/
<ftp://egcs.cygnus.com/pub/egcs/releases/egcs-1.1.1/> 
ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/ <ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/> 
ftp://ftp.arm.linux.org.uk/pub/armlinux/
<ftp://ftp.arm.linux.org.uk/pub/armlinux/> 
ftp://ftp.cam.org/users/nico <ftp://ftp.cam.org/users/nico> 
ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/linux/ <ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/linux/> 

Thanks,

Jason

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 19:15:40 -0500 (EST)

> already searched the following sites:
[...]

Mmm.. The patch was on Philip's previous FTP site before he switched over
to netwinder.org.  Of course I don't remember what it was.

But for egcs try this:
ftp://egcs.cygnus.com/pub/egcs/snapshots/1998-12-06/egcs-19981206.tar.gz

You might try to use it without Phil's patches as they were mostly for c++
and ELF stuff... and you just want to compile an a.out kernel with it.
I was using egcs snapshots without any patches last summer and the
resulting kernels (a.out) were OK.

For ELF stuff you should use the latest egcs of course.

Nicolas Pitre, B. ing.
[email-masked]