Subject: egcs on 2.2.2

From: Nicholas Clark <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 18:35:36 +0000 (GMT)

Whenever I configured egcs [egcs-2.91.60 19990113/philb (egcs-1.1.1 release)]
on arm-linux I get a spurious line

TOP

in gcc/auto-host.h

which kills the compilation with an error until I remove it.

Is this an arm-linux thing? or an egcs thing? if the latter, where should I
have mailed this?

Nick
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 20:07:10 +0000

>Is this an arm-linux thing? or an egcs thing? if the latter, where should I

My best guess is that it's caused by a buggy version of something like sed.  
If you can nail down the actual cause that would be great.  See 
http://egcs.cygnus.com/ for details of how to report egcs problems.

p.

---

From: Nicholas Clark <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 22:00:34 +0000 (GMT)

> http://egcs.cygnus.com/ for details of how to report egcs problems.

Trying to repeat my previous stall further on in the build I'm now getting 
getting a segv coredump:

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/src/egcs-4/gcc'
./genrecog ../../egcs-source/gcc/config/arm/arm.md > tmp-recog.c

[with a 0 to 180 second CPU munchin wait]

Does anyone have a version of strace that's happy with ELF?
Willy found me strace source and an ARM patch, but it won't compile with
ELF and glibc 2.1
(it has specific #ifs to do things differently with glibc >= 2.1
It also wants <sys/reg.h>, which I don't have.)

oh, for an ELF gdb...

Nick