Subject: 64mb Brutus

From: "Chagas, Jason" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 18:29:27 -0800

I've been trying to modify the kernel (v2.2.1) to support a 64mb Brutus
board with 16mb in each of the 4 memory banks. These were the changes I've
made:

./arch/arm/kernel/setup.c:403:    memory_end      = 64*1024*1024;

and...

./arch/arm/mm/mm-sa1100.c-54-/* 4Mb per bank in this case */
./arch/arm/mm/mm-sa1100.c:55:/* Adding support to 64mb Brutus - 4096 pages
 p/ bank instead of 1024 */
./arch/arm/mm/mm-sa1100.c-56-#define PAGES_IN_BANK_0  4096
./arch/arm/mm/mm-sa1100.c-57-#define PAGES_IN_BANK_1  4096
./arch/arm/mm/mm-sa1100.c-58-#define PAGES_IN_BANK_2  4096
./arch/arm/mm/mm-sa1100.c-59-#define PAGES_IN_BANK_3  4096

However, it could not fine RAM disk.

Linux version 2.2.1-rmk3-np2 ([email-masked]) (gcc version
egcs-2.99
NetWinder Floating Point Emulator V0.94.1 (c) 1998 Corel Computer Corp.
Calibrating delay loop... 194.15 BogoMIPS
Memory: 60152k/64M available (468k code, 32k reserved, 784k data, 4k init)
POSIX conformance testing by UNIFIX
Linux NET4.0 for Linux 2.2
Based upon Swansea University Computer Society NET3.039
Starting kswapd v 1.5 
SA1100 serial driver version 4.26 with no serial options enabled
ttyS00 at 0xf8010000 (irq = 15) is a SA1100 UART
ttyS01 at 0xf8050000 (irq = 17) is a SA1100 UART
RAM disk driver initialized:  16 RAM disks of 8192K size
RAMDISK: Couldn't find valid RAM disk image starting at 0.
Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 01:00

Please note "ramdisk.gz" is being loaded at base 0x800000 by "angelboot".]
 
Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Jason

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 13:12:45 -0500 (EST)

> However, it could not fine RAM disk.

In setup.c change the ramdisk start address from 0xc0800000 to 0xc2000000
and be sure you loads it at 0xd0000000 with angelboot.

Nicolas Pitre, B. ing.
[email-masked]