Subject: ARM-Linux v2.2.1 on Brutus hangs...

From: "Chagas, Jason" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 20:50:14 -0800

Zsolt,

Were you successful running the ARM-Linux v2.2.1 on Brutus? Your notes on
http://ssdl-redstone.stanford.edu/~zskiraly/salinux/
<http://ssdl-redstone.stanford.edu/~zskiraly/salinux/>  indicate so.

I expanded 'linux-2.2.1.tar.gz', applied 'patch-2.2.1-rmk3.gz' and
'diff-2.2.1-rmk3-np2.gz' patches (in that order), ran 'make config" taking
all defaults (as recommended by Nicolas Pitre) and finally ran 'make'
[successfully].

Then I run 'angelboot' to download 'vmlinux' and 'ramdisk.gz' (your modified
version), run the terminal (minicom) but get absolutely no response. It
looks as though the kernel hangs (tried it with both Angel v1.0 and v1.02).
The Itsy binaries work fine though.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jason

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 09:32:16 -0500 (EST)

> all defaults (as recommended by Nicolas Pitre) and finally ran 'make'

You should have read further ... ;)  You must issue "make Image" and load
linux/arch/arm/boot/Image.  The entry point is also changed from
0xc0008020 to 0xc0008000 in your angelboot config file.

Nicolas Pitre, B. ing.
[email-masked]