Subject: HELP - GLIBC 2.1

From: "Chagas, Jason" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 20:50:28 -0800

Phil,

I'm now trying to build GLIBC (a.out) and ran into problems.

I ran ...

#CC=arm-linuxaout-gcc ./configure arm-linuxaout --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu
--prefix=/usr/local/arm/glibc/arm-linuxaout-glibc -enable-add-ons
--with-headers=/home/chagas/linux-2.2.0/linux/include

then...

#make

and these were there errors returned...

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/chagas/glibc/glibc-2.1/nss'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `../gnu/lib-names.h', needed by
`nsswitch.d'
.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/chagas/glibc/glibc-2.1/nss'
make: *** [nss/subdir_lib] Error 2
Any ideas??

Thanks,

Jason
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 10:31:36 +0000

>make[1]: *** No rule to make target `../gnu/lib-names.h', needed by

Jason,

You need to configure with the --enable-static-nss switch.

p.