Subject: Problems building ARM-Linux v2.0.35 for Brutus

From: "Chagas, Jason" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 12:23:19 -0800

Nico,

I tried to build ARM-Linux v2.0.35 (Brutus) and I got the following error
messages:

In file included from sound_config.h:15,
                 from vidc_synth.c:9:
os.h:37: warning: `TRUE' redefined
/home/chagas/linux-2.0.35/linux/include/asm/arch/cmptblty.h:39: warning:
this is
 the location of the previous definition
make[2]: *** [fastdep] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/chagas/linux-2.0.35/linux/arch/arm/drivers/sou
nd'
make[1]: *** [fastdep] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/chagas/linux-2.0.35/linux/arch/arm/drivers'
make: *** [dep-files] Error 2

Your notes make reference to some some symbolic links ("Note that some of
the directories (most notably the drivers) should contain symbolic links.
These should be set up before making config."). It was not clear what I
should do here. I seached `/home/chagas/linux-2.0.35/linux/arch/arm/drivers'
with "dir -all" and I see several symbolic links already there...

Am I missing something?

Jason

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 17:35:25 -0500 (EST)

> `/home/chagas/linux-2.0.35/linux/arch/arm/drivers/sou

In 'make config' you should say n to the general sound support question.
The sound driver for Brutus isn't in the sound section yet.

> with "dir -all" and I see several symbolic links already there...

I'm not sure to understand what you say here.  Normally you do 'make
config' and 'make dep'.  The 'make dep' takes care of creating all
required symlinks without you to bother about them.  Some symlinks in
arch/arm/drivers/char for example are there because the corresponding
driver is the same as the one found in drivers/char.  In anyway you
shouldn't have to deal with symlinks, until you're trying to compile glibc
or such.

Nicolas Pitre, B. ing.
[email-masked]