Subject: Re: !PartMan

From: John Joyce <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 12:04:32 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

I had some fun with PartMan and APDL's IDEFS. Have you tried the latest
one?

ftp://ftp.arm.uk.linux.org/pub/armlinux/testing/partman-1.13-alpha12-dev.arc

If the drive's a Samsung 32x, I have had no end of trouble with several
examples of the species both on RiscPC and Win95 machines. This may or may
not be relevant ...

regards

John Joyce

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Russell King <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 15:17:27 +0000 (GMT)

Philip Lardner said:
> Partition	Start	End	Size	Type
> 1		0	1209	6MB	Filecore
> 2		12096	12096	0KB	RISCiX Table
> 		12097	831599	400MB	Free
> 		
> Wierd - Where did my partitions go, and where did the RISCiX Table come from?

Could you use the latest alpha PartMan, and if this still happens, could
you forward the debug file to me at [email-masked] please?  (same
applies to anyone else having problems with PartMan).

Incidentally, last night I put up a new !PartMan and !Linux that fixes a
problem in the previous releases to do with large disks.  These can be
found via the link on the web site (alpha software) or on the ftp site:

	ftp://ftp.arm.linux.org.uk/pub/armlinux/testing

In general, when you discover a problem with these utilities, please check
the FTP site for a later version.  If the latest version produces the problem,
please forward the debug file to me along with a problem description.

Thanks.

--
Russell King ([email-masked])
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]