Subject: Re: Linux loader reports Out of memory for loading kernel

From: dooby <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 17:18:32 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 26 Feb 1999, Russell King - ARM Linux Admin wrote:

> dooby writes:
> >...
> > LoadMap (exactly as I did last time). The problem is, this time !Linux
> > does not take me straight to the menu, but says
> > Error : Out of memory for kernel
> > I have 128MB ADFS then 64MB root, 64MB home, 600MB usr then some swap
> > space, so the kenel (/boot/vmlinuz) _is_ accessible by FileCore.
> 
> If you're running it under the desktop, it may be that the Next slot is not
> large enough, although I thought that the !Run file there took care of that.
> Try increasing the Next slot on the task manager to around 1MB.

Erm it's not that, since the next slot is usually at 1.6MB on my computer.
It's not likely to be related to very small (32MB) root partition is it?
Other than that, I haven't changed anything since it worked last Linux
install AFAICS.

Cheers,

Pete

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Russell King <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 18:42:39 +0000 (GMT)

> Other than that, I haven't changed anything since it worked last Linux

Since you last mailed, I have uploaded a new alpha !Linux to the ftp
site.  Could you try that and let me know what happens?  Thanks.

--
Russell King ([email-masked])

---

From: dooby <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 04:46:46 +0000 (GMT)

> site.  Could you try that and let me know what happens?  Thanks.

Still the same error message I'm afraid :-< Any suggestions appreciated...

cheers,

Pete