Subject: RE: HELP - GLIBC 2.1

From: "Chagas, Jason" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 09:59:38 -0800

Phil,

I blew away all GLIBC expanded files and restarted from scratch. Then ran...

#CC=arm-linuxaout-gcc ./configure arm-linuxaout --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu
--prefix=/usr/local/arm/glibc/arm-linuxaout-glibc -enable-add-ons
--with-headers=/home/chagas/linux-2.2.0/linux/include --enable-static-nss

#make

and got the following errors:

a - dbm.o
a - db185.o
: libdb.a
arm-linuxaout-gcc -nostdlib -nostartfiles -o makedb     ../csu/crt0.o
makedb.o
 libdb.a  ../libc.a  -lgcc ../libc.a
/usr/local/arm/lib/gcc-lib/arm-linuxaout/egcs-2.91.60/libgcc.a(_umodsi3.o)(.
text
+0xa8): undefined reference to `__div0'
/usr/local/arm/lib/gcc-lib/arm-linuxaout/egcs-2.91.60/libgcc.a(_udivsi3.o)(.
text
+0x8c): undefined reference to `__div0'
/usr/local/arm/lib/gcc-lib/arm-linuxaout/egcs-2.91.60/libgcc.a(_divsi3.o)(.t
ext+
0xa4): undefined reference to `__div0'
/usr/local/arm/lib/gcc-lib/arm-linuxaout/egcs-2.91.60/libgcc.a(_modsi3.o)(.t
ext+
0xc4): undefined reference to `__div0'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [makedb] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/chagas/glibc/glibc-2.1/db2'
make: *** [db2/others] Error 2

Any ideas?

Jason

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 22:13:43 +0000

Hi Jason,

>+0xa8): undefined reference to `__div0'

This symbol should be defined in libgcc.a (which is built as part of EGCS).  
Why it's not there, I'm afraid I don't have much of a clue. :-(

p.

---

From: Brian Brunswick <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 10:57:10 GMT

>unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

I think it may be due to not giving the egcs build the soft links into the
linux headers. We had trouble with it too.
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]