Subject: Re: !Partman faulty

From: linux user group mailings <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 22:50:22 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, Mar 09, 1999 at 10:07:06PM +0000, linux user group mailings wrote:
> 
> commands listed in the Paul Vigay installation guide but after I type mknod
> /dev/hdb3 b 67 3, I type mke2fs /dev/hdb3 and it falls over with
[snip]
> it's me at fault - it usually is ;-)

You've got your numbers the wrong way around.  The first of the
numbers should be '3' (identifying it as an IDE disc), and the
second is (( <driver number> * 64) + <partition number>).  So
the line should read:

mknod /dev/hdb3 b 3 67

Cheers,
Phil

Thanks.

I read that bit in the FAQ (Some people do read them ;-)) but thought it
meant the 3 of hdb3. I've now done that and it works, but it falls over after
the bit 'can't find a kernel' and when I reboot. It looks to my untutored eye
as if it's the wrong, or faulty kernel. I'm using a StrongARM RPC with 48MB
RAM and am using the the kernel called rpc. The error is 'Bad mode in
prefetch abort handler detected: mode SVC_32. Internal error: Oops 0'. Can I
repeat a line that I've left in from my first posting? It's this one -
> I'm assuming it's me at fault - it usually is ;-)

-- 
       _          .------------------------------------------.
 __ __| |_ __ __  |   mailto:[email-masked]     |
/ _/ _` \ V  V /  |   I'm just here reading armlinux stuff   |
\__\__,_|\_/\_/   |__________________________________________|

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]