Subject: glibc 2.1 compilation problemette

From: Chris Rutter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 21:15:11 +0000 (GMT)

I'm trying to knock up glibc 2.1 with my armv2-linux toolchain, and
I find a minor problem.

`make' aborts somewhere along the line with a complaint from gcc that
<asm/proc/ptrace.h> doesn't exist: fair enough.

/usr/arm-linux/include/asm/proc is a symlink to `proc-', which,
unsurprisingly, doesn't exist.  What *does* exist in the `asm'
directory are two directories: `proc-armo' and `proc-armv'.  So
I presume `proc' was meant to link to one of those two; but which
one?

I'd put this down to a screw up somewhere in Russell's kernel
makefile... ;-)

-- 
Chris <[email-masked]>                         ( http://www.fluff.org/chris )

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 22:49:34 +0000

>I presume `proc' was meant to link to one of those two; but which

`armo' is for 26-bit processors.  `armv' is for 32-bit processors.  Your guess 
is as good as mine as to why they're named the way they are. :-)

These symlinks are supposed to be set up by the makefile.  I think you can end 
up with the `proc-' problem if you don't do a proper `make config' before 
trying to build.

p.