Subject: Printing with ARM Linux

From: "Vater, Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 09:53:25 +0100

Hello.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but I know of no other.

Has anybody managed to get printing on ARM Linux to work?
Since I have a PostScript printer this should be an easy task.
The device seams to work, if I do a

	cat file.ps > /dev/lp2

the printer gets out the page correctly. However a

	lpr file.ps

queues and spools the file correctly. Something then is sent to
the printer but the printer simply ignores it.
I checked that the spooled files is the same as the input file,
(the filter is not touching it) so I'm assuming that lpd is doing
something strange.

Is there a way to monitor what lpd is really transfering to the printer?

(I'm running a 2.0.35 kernel an a StrongARM Risc PC if that's
of any interest).

Thanks for your help.

Thomas

PS. You guys do a great job - thanks for bringing Linux to the ARM world.

#-------------------------------------------------------------------#
 Thomas Vater                          
 Software Development Specialist       AT&T Communications Services 
                                                    Deutschland GmbH
 Phone:    +49 69 15306 239            Eschersheimer Landstr. 14
 Fax:      +49 69 15306 229            60322 Frankfurt      __o
 EMail:    [email-masked]               GERMANY            _`\<,_ 
#------------------------------------------------------- (_)/ (_) --#
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 09:25:31 +0000

>Has anybody managed to get printing on ARM Linux to work?

Have you read the Printing-HOWTO?  This doesn't sound like an ARM specific 
problem.

p.