Subject: Help needed to boot kernel with nfsroot

From: christophe leroy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 16:19:50 +0000

I dont know if it is arm or kernel related so I'm writing to
both lists

I've tried to boot Linux on an EBSA285 arm based card, with nfsroot
Kernel 2.2.1, patched for arm

I've got three problems: 
* some times, when the kernel is sending rarp requests, tcpdump tells
arp-#65535 for proto #65535 (255) hardware #1(255)
and the server never responds
* some other times, I get good rarp requests, the rarp server responds
but the client never get the response.

* And most of the time, rarp works, then the client looks for 
RPC 100003/2 and gets a response, then it looks for
RPC 100005/1 and never gets the response. I've tried with 
portmap_4 and portmap_5beta, it's the same

Here are rpcinfo -p output and tcpdump output

   program vers proto   port
    100000    2   tcp    111
    100000    2   udp    111
    100003    2   udp   2049
    100021    1   udp   1024
    100021    3   udp   1024
    100021    1   tcp   1024
    100021    3   tcp   1024
    100005    1   udp    671
    100005    1   tcp    673
    100005    2   udp    676
    100005    2   tcp    678
    100005    3   udp    681
    100005    3   tcp    683

15:55:20.355039 rarp who-is 0:10:4b:4b:4c:7e tell 0:10:4b:4b:4c:7e
15:55:20.355114 rarp reply 0:10:4b:4b:4c:7e at strongarm
15:55:20.476786 arp who-has dcs tell strongarm
15:55:20.476866 arp reply dcs is-at 2:7:1:1b:df:70
15:55:20.477259 strongarm.800 > dcs.sunrpc: udp 56
15:55:20.478016 dcs.sunrpc > strongarm.800: udp 28
15:55:20.528471 strongarm.800 > dcs.sunrpc: udp 56
15:55:25.470053 arp who-has strongarm tell dcs
15:55:25.470442 arp reply strongarm is-at 0:10:4b:4b:4c:7e
15:55:25.525558 strongarm.800 > dcs.sunrpc: udp 56
15:55:30.525336 arp who-has dcs tell strongarm
15:55:30.525405 arp reply dcs is-at 2:7:1:1b:df:70
15:55:35.525703 strongarm.800 > dcs.sunrpc: udp 56
15:55:50.526013 strongarm.800 > dcs.sunrpc: udp 56
15:56:10.642766 strongarm.800 > dcs.sunrpc: udp 56
15:56:15.636498 strongarm.800 > dcs.627: udp 64
15:56:25.636709 strongarm.800 > dcs.627: udp 64
15:56:40.637021 strongarm.800 > dcs.627: udp 64

christophe
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]