Subject: linux-2.2.1-philb-990201

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 16:01:35 +0000

There's a new kernel patch in my directory on ftp.netwinder.org.

Not all of the stuff in here is strictly ready for prime time yet, so treat it 
as experimental rather than directly suitable for the "stable" kernels.  A 
fair chunk of the stuff that really *is* stable from this patch is now sitting 
in Russell's incoming directory and some more will be following shortly.

This patch renumbers the ISA irqs as I proposed previously, since there 
weren't any objections other than aesthetic ones.  This is now in line with 
the current state of the art in 2.0 kernels for the NetWinder.  We'll see how 
it goes; this can always be undone again later if it turns out to be a 
problem.

There have also been some changes to the configuration system and startup 
code.  The CPU type selection and related stuff should work a bit better now 
and setup.c is slightly cleaner.  Also it ought to be able to tell the 
difference between the Archimedes and the EBSA-110 now.  See what you think.

The code to make vfork work again is provided, but I pulled out the actual 
definition of the syscall from the patch.  I'd like to hear Russell's 
opinion on this first.

Oh, and NWFPE supports 26-bit cpus now.

As ever, see CHANGES.philb for the full list of contents.

p.

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]