Subject: Partitioning

From: MHE <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 11:02:37 +0100

I have a 3GB HardDisk. It contains approx. 1.5GB of data. Now I read in the
Linux installation guide I have to backup all this and run !Hform to create
a Linux partition.

Now, I'm not very eager to start backing up 1.5 gigs of data to floppies :-/

PLEASE, somebody, tell me there is an alternative. For the PC-emulator I can
create an Image-file on the ADFS disk. Can I do the same or something
similar for Linux?

TTFN,
--
Maurice Hendrix

snailmail: Fuji Photo Film BV                Standard disclaimers apply
           Dept. P1LPI
           attn. M. Hendrix
           PO Box 90156
           5000 LJ  Tilburg
phone: +31 13-579 1370     or fax: +31 13-579 1385

- Still 23 months to go until the next millenium...
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Nicholas Clark <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 10:26:00 +0000 (GMT)

> create an Image-file on the ADFS disk. Can I do the same or something

An alternative is to borrow another hard disk and temporarily store your data there. Possibly by sending it over a serial link or Ethernet to another machine that you possess or can borrow.

> - Still 23 months to go until the next millenium...

Very true. But the "bug" hits in 00 come what may.

Nick