Subject: EBSA285: Nothing happens

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 11:41:56 +0100

I've managed to put linux kernel on flash, but when I boot, nothing 
happens.
Is the serial port initialized by the kernel before writing 
"Uncompressing kernel..." ?
According to the EBSA285 doc, serial port isn't Initialized by Angel 
Primary Boot Loader

Christophe
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 11:39:47 +0000

>"Uncompressing kernel..." ?

Not as far as I remember.

p.

---

From: Hwa Jin Bae <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 07:48:18 -0800

No init is done before Uncompressing kernel... message.  That message
is being printed via simple routine that uses EBSA285 serial in
polled mode (I think it's in include/asm/arch/uncompress.h -- I'm at
home so I can't look it up).  No special initialization is needed for
that.

-- 
Hwa Jin Bae
PSO Systems Inc
[email-masked]   
http://www.pso.com