Subject: Re: Compiling tools for ARM Linux

From: Mark van Doesburg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 11:15:45 +0100

I am attempting to build a linux kernel for the EBSA-285, which
	I have running as a PCI slave.

	I am building on Solaris. I have patched the 2.1.126 source tree
	with the appropriate patches and run the make config and make
	dep steps.

	I believe I now need some tools. I already have GCC 2.8.1.

I use egcs-1.1.1 19990115/Linux myself.

	Do I need binutils - are these for cross compiling or only for
	native systems?

You need binutils, otherwise you won't even be able to build the cross
compiler.

	I could not see a 2.9.1.0.15 source at the sites listed on the
	web page, though there is a 2.9.1.0.19a.  Since the patch is
	only for 2.9.1.0.15, where do I get that?

Binutils 2.9.1.0.19a should work without a patch.

	When I have this succesfully built, what target should I be
	using so that I can download to the EBSA-285 using Remote_A???

I don't think you can use the co-processor port since this needs a Linux
host. Currently only x86 hosts are tested. If you want to have a look
anyway I can mail you the patches (You need linux-2.1.132 for the EBSA
and linux-2.2.1 for the host)

greetings,

Mark.
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]