Subject: RE: HELP - Egcs 1.1.1

From: "Chagas, Jason" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 06:49:22 -0800

Phil,

I could have sworn that I ran `make LANGUAGES=c install' successfully. I
just tried installing it again and bingo... 'cpp' is now under
'/usr/local/arm/lib/gcc-lib/arm-linux/egcs-2.91.60'.

However, I'm now having problems linking my "Hello World" application:

# ./xgcc -o hello hello.c
/usr/local/arm/arm-linux/lib/crt1.o: file not recognized: File format not
recognized 
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Jason

	----------
	From:  Philip Blundell [SMTP:[email-masked]]
	Sent:  Tuesday, February 23, 1999 8:49 AM
	To:  Chagas, Jason
	Cc:  [email-masked]
	Subject:  Re: HELP - Egcs 1.1.1 

	>xgcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cpp': No such file or
directory
	>
	>
	>Note I have the following 'cpp' files installed on my system:
	>
	>/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/egcs-2.90.29/cpp
	>/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/2.7.2.3/cpp
	>/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/egcs-2.91.60/cpp
	>
	>Any ideas?

	You should also have a `cpp' in $PREFIX/lib/gcc-lib/arm-linux/...

	Did the `make LANGUAGES=c install' that you did earlier complete
successfully?

	p.
	
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 15:02:36 +0000

>collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Jason,

This may sound like a stupid question but are you sure the glibc that you 
installed was actually compiled for ARM?  If GCC wasn't installed properly 
it seems unlikely that building the C library would have worked.  I wonder if 
maybe you accidentally did a native build instead.

You should be able to tell easily enough by using `file' on the crt1.o in 
question.

p.