Subject: Sendmail weirdness (prepare for a load of my emails from work)

From: Russell King <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 22:16:57 +0000 (GMT)

For some reason, sendmail seems to change its behaviour randomly.

At work, we have quite a few Intel Linux boxes.  For a long time, they
have worked perfectly.

However, lately, sendmail has started *absolutely* wanting to look up
the MX of the smart mail host and refusing to pass mail to the machine
unless it exists.

Now, it has passed mail to the mail host in the past with out it, and
no changes have been made.  Anyone got any ideas?

I've fixed it now by pointing it at the domain rather than at a specific
machine, which IMHO is wrong (since the sendmail config does say 'mail
host' and not 'mail domain').

Anyway, a load of my mail from the past two months should arrive shortly
on this list; some of it may be out of date, however some of it is
relevent.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |         Russell King        [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |   http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/aboutme.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]