Subject: RE: HELP - Egcs 1.1.1

From: "Chagas, Jason" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 06:57:22 -0800

Phil,

I just ran 'make LANGUAGES="c c++"' again to attempt finishing EGCS and the
problem still persists:

checking whether the C compiler (/home/chagas/egcs/egcs-1.1.1/gcc/xgcc
-B/home/c
hagas/egcs/egcs-1.1.1/gcc/ -g -O2 ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
creat
e executables.
make: *** [configure-target-libiberty] Error 1

Is there anything else I should try?

Thanks,

Jason

	----------
	From:  Chagas, Jason
	Sent:  Tuesday, February 23, 1999 9:49 AM
	To:  Chagas, Jason; 'Philip Blundell'
	Cc:  [email-masked]
	Subject:  RE: HELP - Egcs 1.1.1 

	Phil,

	I could have sworn that I ran `make LANGUAGES=c install'
successfully. I just tried installing it again and bingo... 'cpp' is now
under '/usr/local/arm/lib/gcc-lib/arm-linux/egcs-2.91.60'.

	However, I'm now having problems linking my "Hello World"
application:

	# ./xgcc -o hello hello.c
	/usr/local/arm/arm-linux/lib/crt1.o: file not recognized: File
format not recognized 
	collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

	Am I missing something?

	Thanks,

	Jason

		----------
		From:  Philip Blundell [SMTP:[email-masked]]
		Sent:  Tuesday, February 23, 1999 8:49 AM
		To:  Chagas, Jason
		Cc:  [email-masked]
		Subject:  Re: HELP - Egcs 1.1.1 

		>xgcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cpp': No such file
or directory
		>
		>
		>Note I have the following 'cpp' files installed on my
system:
		>
		>/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/egcs-2.90.29/cpp
		>/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/2.7.2.3/cpp
		>/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/egcs-2.91.60/cpp
		>
		>Any ideas?

		You should also have a `cpp' in
$PREFIX/lib/gcc-lib/arm-linux/...

		Did the `make LANGUAGES=c install' that you did earlier
complete successfully?

		p.
		
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 15:05:03 +0000

>I just ran 'make LANGUAGES="c c++"' again to attempt finishing EGCS and the

It would do.  Until you can get `hello world' to link successfully there's not 
much point in trying EGCS.  In fact the configure script is attempting more or 
less exactly the same thing.

p.