Subject: getconstants.h (kernel compilation)

From: Chris Rutter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 08:49:11 +0000 (GMT)

Okay, after a bit of investigating, it seems getconstants.h is
full of statements like this:

    unsigned long  = 700;
    #define __HAS_

getconstants.h is generated thus:

    perl extractinfo.perl /usr/bin/arm-linux-objdump > getconstants.h

Any ideas why that script is failing to produce get identifier names?

Also, could someone explain the `difference' between the toolchain
`/usr/arm-linux/bin/*' and `/usr/bin/arm-linux-*'?  `objdump' is
only in /usr/bin/arm-linux-objdump, not in /usr/arm-linux/bin/objdump,
for instance.

-- 
Chris <[email-masked]>                         ( http://www.fluff.org/chris )

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 10:50:26 +0000

>Any ideas why that script is failing to produce get identifier names?

The Perl script doesn't understand the output from your objdump.  This is why 
I suggested using a 2.2 kernel instead.

>`/usr/arm-linux/bin/*' and `/usr/bin/arm-linux-*'?  `objdump' is

The former contains the tools that the gcc driver invokes; the latter are 
intended for users to call directly.  Mostly the files in one are hardlinks to 
the files in the other.

p.