Subject: Re: Symbolic links

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 23:12:20 +0000 (GMT)

Richard writes:
> I am currently trying to install Arm Linux on my SA RISCPC all has gone
> according to the instructions .. including the expected bmap magic
> thingy. Would someone please explain the exact syntax required to create
> the sybolic link between /dev/root and /dev/hda3 so that I can run
> loadmap and what happens then?. Any advice on this would be most
> welcome. I am basing my efforts on the content of the FAQ, and Phil
> Norman's excellent idiots guide to installing.

ln -s /dev/hda3 /dev/root will do the right thing.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]