Subject: Flash upload to ebsa285

From: "christophe leroy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 20:30:15 MET

I've got an ebsa285 card but not the ARM SDT (only got the 
demonstration version, which doesn't have angel remote_a)

Is there any Linux tool or free dos tool to upload Linux kernel to 
ebsa285 flash memory ?

christophe
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Paul Koning <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 14:38:16 -0500

>>>>> "christophe" == christophe leroy <[email-masked]> writes:

 christophe> I've got an ebsa285 card but not the ARM SDT (only got
 christophe> the demonstration version, which doesn't have angel
 christophe> remote_a)

 christophe> Is there any Linux tool or free dos tool to upload Linux
 christophe> kernel to ebsa285 flash memory ?

I believe the flash writing tool (running under DOS) comes with the
EBSA285 card.  Look at the floppies that came with it.  You may need
to fiddle with it a bit to get it to work.  It's been a while since I
tried it but I remember having problems in some modes.  (For example,
it failed in "blank flash" mode but worked in normal mode??)

There's also a utility called "angelboot" that runs under Unix and
downloads over a serial line to the Angel code in flash segment zero.
I have been completely unsuccessful getting it to do anything, but
apparently others have had better luck.  (If anyone can tell me how to 
make it work I would very much appreciate it; so far I've heard
nothing.)

	paul