Subject: egcs (I spoke too soon)

From: Chris Rutter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 10:28:48 +0000 (GMT)

I spoke too soon; I tried downloading egcs 1.1.1, applied all the
egcs 1.1b patches in order, and found the only problem to be:

    Patching file gcc/f/intdoc.texi using Plan A...
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [y] n
    Apply anyway? [n] n
    Hunk #1 ignored at 4896.
    Hunk #2 ignored at 5454.
    Hunk #3 ignored at 5488.
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored--saving rejects to gcc/f/intdoc.texi.rej
    done
    «inkvine» /usr/src/egcs-1.1.1 find . -name '*.rej'
    ./gcc/f/intdoc.texi.rej

...which I assume suggests egcs is fine as well? :)  Sorry for
not having the foresight to actually try this bit before writing
the earlier message...

-- 
Chris <[email-masked]>                         ( http://www.fluff.org/chris )

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 10:50:44 +0000

>egcs 1.1b patches in order, and found the only problem to be:

There are actually some newer patches for egcs 1.1.1 now.  Look in 
ftp.netwinder.org:/users/p/philb.  The ones on vger are out of date; I 
probably ought to delete them to avoid confusion.

p.