Subject: 80C04.AE EtherB?

From: Tom Lawton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 00:03:11 +0000

Hi,

 Is there any news on getting an EtherB with 80C04.AE card to work? I know
there was work on updating the Ether3 driver but I've heard nothing since.

 If there isn't any chance of using my card - is there anyone in the
Cambridge area who might be willing to swap it for a card they aren't using
with Arm Linux?

 Thanks,
 
 Tom

-- 

... I was an atheist until I realised I was God
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 23:01:41 +0000 (GMT)

> there was work on updating the Ether3 driver but I've heard nothing since.

I don't think that there was anything wrong with the driver, however I did
find a couple of things which were killing both the Ether3 and the AcornSCSI
drivers.

If you've got the capability to compile a new kernel, the latest 2.0.35 patch
is on the FTP site:

 ftp://ftp.arm.linux.org.uk/pub/armlinux/kernel-sources/v2.0/patch-2.0.35.gz

Otherwise, I may be able to find time to produce a new kernel and a set of
install disks...
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]