Subject: Impossible reload

From: Dave Gilbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 1999 21:02:28 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Phil,
  I'm having a problem trying to build 2.1.132 for old Arcs - I'm
getting a complaint about asm causing impossible reload in the
consolemap.c file - from uaccess.h
This is using egcs-1.1.1 with your patches.

Seen it? Know of a cure?

Dave 

 --------------------------------------------------------------------   
/ Dr. David Alan Gilbert      | Running Linux on Alpha(LX) |  Happy  \ 
\   gro.gilbert @ treblig.org |   & ARM(EBSA285,old Arc)   |  In Hex /
 \____________________________|___ http://www.treblig.demon.co.uk __/

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 20:16:07 +0100

>This is using egcs-1.1.1 with your patches.

Do you have my kernel patch applied?

p.

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 21:25:24 +0100

>P.S. What is the story on FPEM for 2.2 on old Arcs....

Hi Dave,

At the moment I think you're stuck.  Russell didn't reply to my mail asking 
about his plans in that direction.  It shouldn't be hard to write the glue to 
make NWFPE work -- basically you need to make a new version of arch/arm/nwfpe/
entry.S that expects the calling convention used in kernel/entry-armo.S.

p.

---

From: Dave Gilbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 20:26:06 +0000 (GMT)

> Do you have my kernel patch applied?

No it wasnt - with the kernel patch in I now get a happy smiling Tux
looking at me from my emulator....now just to find my disc image....

Dave