Subject: 2.2.0 is out!

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 23:45:12 +0000 (GMT)

Hi All,

2.2.0 is out!  Well, I expect that you already know that (since I'm sure
you've been tracking Linus' patches), but the ARM patches for 2.2.0 are
also out.

You can find them on the FTP site in:

	/pub/armlinux/kernel-sources/v2.2

Please send bug fixes to me ([email-masked]), patches to the
kernel to the patch system (please read it's info pages first), or bug
reports to *both* your specific mailing list *and* linux-arm.

There are several things that 2.2.0 will break on the architecture.  You
will need to fix at least:

 - modutils (load ELF files correctly - NetWinder DM#10 has problems)
 - New FPEmulator (NWFPE may be going in real soon if someone can
   dig out a clean patch for it).
 - klogd (doesn't like '%' signs in kernel messages)
 - glibc (libc.so.4 just about works, but you get problems with locking.
   I do have a replacement libc4 which fixes this, but has none of the
   extra features in).
 - X server which supports fbmem (XF86 will not run with 2.2 kernels yet).

I'm sure that there are things missing from this list.  There are some
instructions on the FPE upgrade in the various mailing list archives
(I believe I sent a mail to both lists, but I may be wrong).

Enjoy!
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]