Subject: Re: Reproducible lock-up

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 13:05:48 +0100

>driver. I also had a similar total lockup the other day under high CPU
>and ethernet load (running three concurrent xv's and displaying them on a
>different machine), but couldn't get it to reproduce.

Nasty.  I'll try this on Monday and see if I can figure out what's going on.  
I've also got a crashme recipe somewhere which, last time I tried, would 
reliably stiff the machine.

p.

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Alex Holden <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 12:32:47 +0000 (GMT)

This reliably totally locks my NetWinder, running linux-2.2.0-pre6 with
Phil's latest patch (plus a slight fix to ioremap to make it work
again), compiled with egcs-1.1.1 with Phil's 19990110 patch.

Telnet to the box <It doesn't freeze if you do it from the console, unless
you telnet somewhere else and back in a loop>.
Start playing an MP3 with Xaudio.
Press Ctrl-Z.

No messages of any kind, just a total complete lockup (sysrq doesn't
respond, CPU usage LED freezes in the state it was in when suspend was
pressed). I'm using the 10/100 ethernet port at 10 Mb with the Tulip
driver. I also had a similar total lockup the other day under high CPU
and ethernet load (running three concurrent xv's and displaying them on a
different machine), but couldn't get it to reproduce.

--------------- Linux- the choice of a GNU generation. --------------
: Alex Holden (M1CJD)- Caver, Programmer, Land Rover nut, Radio Ham :

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 14:22:55 +0000 (GMT)

> Start playing an MP3 with Xaudio.

Where can I find Xaudio?  I can't find it on ftp.netwinder.org.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]