Subject: RE: Problems building an ARM development environment

From: "Chagas, Jason" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 21:08:21 -0800

Philip,

I searched for the headers but I couldn't find them. For instance,
'unistd.h' is no where to be found under '~/egcs-1.1.1' subdirs. I also
tried the "-with-headers" option to configure but that didn't solve the
building problem.

Where can I get these [missing] headings?

Thanks,

Jason

	----------
	From:  Philip Blundell [SMTP:[email-masked]]
	Sent:  Saturday, January 23, 1999 11:41 AM
	To:  Matthew Wilcox
	Cc:  Chagas, Jason; [email-masked]'
	Subject:  Re: Problems building an ARM development environment 

	>You need to tell it where the kernel headers are - I forget what
the
	>directive for this is.

	Either give the --with-headers option to configure, or just put the 
	appropriate headers in $PREFIX/arm-linux/include (eg
/usr/arm-linux/include/
	asm and /usr/arm-linux/include/linux).  I recommend the latter
personally.

	p.

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 09:33:21 +0100

Jason,

>tried the "-with-headers" option to configure but that didn't solve the

They come with the kernel.  You need to get the latest kernel source tarball 
and unpack it somewhere, then either copy or symlink 
linux/include/{linux,asm-arm} -> $PREFIX/include/{linux,asm}

p.

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]