Subject: German keyboard and Latex

From: Ulrich Schwanecke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 09:37:04 +0100

HI

X-mas I successfully installed ARMLinux on my RISCPC. Now I try to use
a german keyboard and managed to get it working without X. But in X it
doesnot really work. Only the 'y' and the 'z' are at the right place,
but that's all. Contrary to Linux on Intel there seems to be no
'XF86config'?!

My next question is, if there is Latex for ARMLinux?

Thank you 

Uli Schwanecke
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Richard Atterer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 14:25:49 +0100

In article <[email-masked]>
    Ulrich Schwanecke <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Now I try to use a german keyboard and managed to get it working
> without X. But in X it doesnot really work. Only the 'y' and the 'z'
> are at the right place, but that's all. Contrary to Linux on Intel
> there seems to be no 'XF86config'?!

AFAIK, you just can't make it work properly. I use a workaround: With my
keymap, F5 to F12 insert the characters {[]}\~|@. Additionally, I've
configured emacs to insert '{' for Meta-7 etc.

Since this subject turns up quite often, I've now put together a small
"German keyboard FAQ" and sent it to Uli and also to Russell.

> My next question is, if there is Latex for ARMLinux?

Stock answer for ARMLinux: "You'll probably have to compile it
yourself." :)

Bye,

  Richard

-- 
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer
  | \/¯|  http://www.in.tum.de/~atterer/                      raFS V1.15
  ¯ ´` ¯
PGP key fingerprint: C5 59 22 97 80 12 34 C6  6E CE 27 32 2A 44 2C 4A
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]