Subject: Re: Illegal instruction in timer1_interupt ?

From: Mark van Doesburg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 01:37:49 +0100

Dave Baukus <[email-masked]> wrote:

	Anybody see this problem before ?
	I get an invalid instruction in what appears to be timer1_interupt().

	I'm running 2.2.0 w/ the  pre-patch-2.2.0-final-19990123-3 patch
	on and ebsa285 (not Coprocessor). 

	Any clues appreciated

This looks a lot like a problem I had with binutils. Are you using 2.9.1.0.19a
with philb's latest patch applied ?

Mark.
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 12:39:25 +0000

>with philb's latest patch applied ?

That patch does seem to do more harm than good sometimes.  Some people have 
better luck with just plain 2.9.1.0.19a.

Hopefully we can get back in sync with gas2 fairly soon and this whole mess 
will go away.

p.