Subject: cross compiling glibc

From: Peter Danielsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 10:10:20 +0000

Hi

I have a feeling this has been discussed over and over again, but
I cannot find anything in my archives, so here goes:

How do I cross compile glibc?

My first problem is that I don't know if there should be any special
flags for the configure script. (build=arm-linux is the only I can find)

My compiler is residing in a directory not in the path since I don't
want to mess upp my normal environment. But this is usually not a
problem
(I just call arm-linux-gcc directly), but How do I tell the configure
script what compiler to use, or do I have to set this up by hand by
patching the make files?

The script also complains about the kernel headers beeing too old. They
shouldn't be; I've tried 2.2pre7 and 2.1.132 and the docs tells me to
use
the latest headers. It seem like the with-headers flag doen't work...

/Peter
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 22:54:13 +0100

>script what compiler to use, or do I have to set this up by hand by

$ CC=arm-linux-gcc .../configure ...

>use the latest headers. It seem like the with-headers flag doen't work...

What exactly are you giving on the command line?  If you put the headers in 
the directory where your target gcc finds them by default you don't need 
--with-headers.

p.