Subject: A440 ArmLinux?

From: Rob Davis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 23:06:29 +0000

Is there a version of ArmLinux that would work on an 8MB A440 with an Arm3?

I have an Intel Linux box and would like to use it as a server to the A440.
I'd like to get a version of X to run, so I can run applications on the Intel
box on the Arc's screen...

I had ArmLinux running on a Risc PC. but no longer have that, but have quite
a lot of the files archived.
-- 
Rob Davis,  OAC Ministries, Reg Charity 295432
At home, on the Linux Box...

Apparently, Windows 2000 has been delayed.  It will
now ship around September 1901.
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Melanie Rhianna Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 10:23:15 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Rob,

> box on the Arc's screen...

To get yourself going you could get a copy of VNC
(http://www.orl.co.uk/vnc/) the virtual server.  Its not as smooth as
using an X server system but it works and there are a couple of RiscOS
clients available as well as a server and so you could use X apps off of
the Intel box using the A440.  This would at least make it useable until
such time as you have a suitable ArmLinux port.

Regards

Melanie

-- 
=====================================================================
Melanie Rhianna Lewis                      [email-masked]
"An it hurt none, do what thou will"    http://www.defaid.demon.co.uk
   TLBB#2 TGMCC#1 - GS550 (In potentia), X7 (In bits!), MZ 125TS 
=====================================================================