Subject: Re: virtual addresses.

From: Mark van Doesburg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 12:01:36 +0100

>To me asm/arch/hardware.h seems like the perfect candidate for all
	>virtual addresses since it already contains some of them.

	Sounds reasonable.  Other than wilful perversity I can't think
	of any reason why a particular port might want to map the CSRs
	at a different address to that which the others use, but I agree
	that as a matter of principle it probably ought to be done the
	way you suggest. :-)

In the co285 arch the kernel is mapped at 0x60000000, the address range
from 0x80000000 to 0xffffffff is used to access the PCI bus. I could of
course map the CSRs into this address range and then map some part of
the PCI space somewhere else, but I hope you agree with me that this
would be far more perverse :-)

Mark.
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 13:47:05 +0000

>would be far more perverse :-)

Yeah, OK. :-)

p.