Subject: ARM-Linux on Brutus...

From: "Chagas, Jason" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 23:04:21 -0800

I ran into a problem building the ARM-Linux version (v2.0.030) that runs on
Brutus (downloaded from
http://www.research.digital.com/wrl/itsy/linux/linux-brutus.html
<http://www.research.digital.com/wrl/itsy/linux/linux-brutus.html> ). The
file 'getconstants.c' fails to build because some variable names in
'getconstants.h' were not declared:

/*
 * *** THIS FILE IS AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED.  DO NOT EDIT! ***
 */
unsigned long  = 696;
#define __HAS_
unsigned long  = 708;
#define __HAS_
unsigned long  = 4;
#define __HAS_
unsigned long  = 692;
#define __HAS_
unsigned long  = 552;
#define __HAS_

Apparently 'getconstants.h1' gets generated by
'/arch/arm/lib/extractinfo.perl'... I've tried building it with both ELF and
'a.out' and experienced the same problem on both instances.

Can anyone tell me what I'm missing??

Thanks,

Jason
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Chris Blazie <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 08:58:38 -0500 (EST)

> 'getconstants.h' were not declared:

	I had this problem, but only when I tried to build with an elf
compiler.  Switching to a.out solved the problem.  Make sure make is
calling the correct compiler (verify with xxx-gcc -dumpmachine).

	You may also want to try getting the latest kernel and patches.
2.0.35 is the latest working Brutus kernel; get the tar file, apply the
appropriate arm patch from ftp.arm.linux.org.uk, then the brutus patch
from ftp.cam.org/users/nico.  

Chris