Subject: X aborting

From: Richard Atterer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 19:58:13 +0100

Hello,

I have had a problem with X ever since I installed ARMLinux half a year
ago: Sometimes, when I want to resize a window or bring it to the top of
the stack, X aborts and returns me to the command line.

Now I've found a way of reproducing the problem. It happens with fvwm2,
fvwm and also olwm, so it doesn't seem to be a bug in a window manager.

Using a pager with 2x2 screens, I open an xterm in the upper left of the
four screens. I position its window in the very upper left corner of the
screen and enlarge it to make it as tall as the screen. Next, I choose
the "Huge" font from xterm's menu, which causes the window to become
taller than the screen. Having switched to the pager screen below the
one I used before, I try to alter the height of the xterm window. The
moment I click on the lower border, the X server aborts with a
sementation fault at 0x20008de8.

I'm running the 2.0.35 kernel on a 36+1MB SA RiscPC. sum
/usr/X11R6/bin/X gives "13910 1498".

Cheers,

  Richard

-- 
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer
  | \/¯|  http://www.in.tum.de/~atterer/                      raFS V1.15
  ¯ ´` ¯
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]