Subject: Re: Questions about EBSA-285

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 12:04:59 +0100

>1. Does ARM Linux for the EBSA-285 board work in an environment without
>a hard  drive or NFS partition ?

Theoretically yes, though you need some way to provide a filesystem.  You 
could use an initrd for this if you had a suitable bootloader.

>2. Can this board be used in slave mode (i.e inserted into a PC) or only
>in master mode (i.e. with a passive backplane) ?

Again in theory either.   I think Mark van Doesburg is the only person 
currently running it in "slave" mode and there are some kernel patches 
necessary.

p.

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Chris Bohme <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 13:12:43 +0200

Hi !

As  I am new to this mailing list, I'd appreciate it if someone could
answer my (some of) questions:

Help os greatly appreciated.

Greets,
Chris