Subject: screen mode switching

From: Thomas Marx <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 17:50:49 +0100

Hi!
How do I change a screen mode under ArmLinux? I configured to boot in
mode 21 but when starting X I want a 1280x1024x32k mode.

Regards,
 Tom

No RISC, no FUN - - - - - - - - - - - - No PAIN, no GAIN. 
------------------------------------------------------------------
email : [email-masked]
Snail : Thomas Marx, Charlottenstr. 11, 52070 Aachen, Germany
Voice : +49 241 542886
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 20:46:39 +0000 (GMT)

> mode 21 but when starting X I want a 1280x1024x32k mode.

You don't.  ARM Linux knows nothing about programming the VIDC timing
registers yet (well, I've got some sample code in there to work out
the values, but it's as yet untested).

On this subject, if anyone knows a working set of VIDC20 register values
for a specific resolution and colour depth, could they please mail them
to me so that I can check that I've got this right in 2.2.0?  Thanks.
(not willing to buy a new monitor).
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]