Subject: Please try egcs 1.1.1 19990115/Linux. (fwd)

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 10:16:21 +0100

If anybody feels like doing some testing, I'd be glad to hear the results (and 
no doubt H.J would too)

p.

------- Forwarded Message

Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
From: [email-masked] (H.J. Lu)
Subject: Please try egcs 1.1.1 19990115/Linux.
To: [email-masked]
Date:	Mon, 18 Jan 1999 20:08:49 -0800 (PST)
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked] (GNU C Library),
	[email-masked] (linuxgcc),
	[email-masked] (Kenneth Albanowski),
	[email-masked] (Kenneth Osterberg), [email-masked],
	[email-masked] (Mat Hostetter),
	[email-masked] (Andy Dougherty),
	[email-masked] (Brian Bourgault),
	[email-masked] (Craig Groeschel), [email-masked] (Warner Losh),
	[email-masked] (Michael Meissner),
	[email-masked] (Ron Guilmette), [email-masked] (Thomas Roell),
	[email-masked] (John Polstra),
	[email-masked] (Galen Hazelwood),
	[email-masked] (Ralf Baechle)
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]> from "uri" at Jan 14, 99 05:29:08 pm
Content-Type: text
Content-Length:       2944
Sender: [email-masked]
Precedence: bulk
X-Loop: [email-masked]
X-Orcpt: rfc822;linux-gcc-outgoing-dig

Please try out egcs 1.1.1 19990115/Linux. There are 3 files to test

ftp://ftp.yggdrasil.com/private/hjl/egcs/1.1.1/egcs-1.1.1-19990115-linux.diff.gz
ftp://ftp.yggdrasil.com/private/hjl/egcs/1.1.1/release.egcs-1.1.1
ftp://ftp.yggdrasil.com/private/hjl/egcs/1.1.1/egcs-1.1.1.spec

Please check them out. I'd like to know the results for egcs-1.1.1.spec,
Linux/ARM and Linux/MIPS before I make them public.

Thanks.

H.J.
- ----
This is the Linux/x86/alpha binary release of egcs 1.1.1 19990115/Linux.
egcs is an integrated GNU compiler system. It is derived from gcc with
many enhancements. The current egcs contains C, C++, Object C and f77
compilers plus their runtime libraries. It is highly recommended on
Linux as the default C/C++ compiler system. For details about egcs
and its source code, please consult its web page at

http://egcs.cygnus.com

The egcs 1.1.1 linux/x86 binary release can be found at

ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/devel/gcc
ftp://tsx-11.mit.edu/pub/linux/packages/GCC
ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/GCC

The bzip2 linux/x86 binaries are provided for libc 5 and glibc 2. They
are bzip2-libc5.gz and bzip2-glibc.gz in the same ftp directory.

The file list

1. egcs-1.1.1-glibc.x86.tar.bz2
   In ELF/x86 and generate ELF binaries for glibc 2. gcc, cpp, cc1,
   cc1plus, cc1objc, g77, version dependent header files, libstdc++,
   libg++ and libg2c.a. Object C, protoize and unprotoize are untested.
   To install

	# cd /
	# bzip2 -dc egcs-1.1.1-glibc.x86.tar.bz2 | tar xvvf -

   You need glibc 2.0.7 or above to use it.

2. egcs-1.1.1-alpha.tar.bz2
   In ELF/alpha and generate ELF binaries for glibc 2. gcc, cpp, cc1,
   cc1plus, cc1objc, g77, version dependent header files, libstdc++,
   libg++ and libg2c.a. Object C, protoize and unprotoize are untested.
   To install

	# cd /
	# bzip2 -dc egcs-1.1.1-alpha.tar.bz2 | tar xvvf -

   You need glibc 2.0.7 or above to use it.

3. egcs-1.1.1-libc5.x86.tar.bz2
   In ELF/x86 and generate ELF binaries for libc 5. gcc, cpp, cc1,
   cc1plus, cc1objc, g77, version dependent header files, libstdc++,
   libg++ and libg2c.a. Object C, protoize and unprotoize are untested.
   To install

	# cd /
	# bzip2 -dc egcs-1.1.1-libc5.x86.tar.bz2 | tar xvvf -

   You need libc 5.4.44 or above to use it.

4. egcs-1.1.1-doc.tar.bz2
   Man pages and info files for egcs and libg++. To install

	# cd /
	# bzip2 -dc egcs-1.1.1-doc.tar.bz2 | tar xvvf -

5. egcs-1.1.1-19990115-linux.diff.gz
   A patch file which brings egcs 1.1.1 to egcs 1.1.1 19990115/Linux.

6. egcs-1.1.1.spec
   A RPM spec file. You can use it to build egcs 1.1.1 19990115/Linux
   if you have a good network connection. For example,

	# rpm -ba egcs-1.1.1.spec

   should get source and patch via ftp, then source rpm and binary rpm.

Please fix the file/directory permissions after unpacking the package
if necessary.

Please report any missing/corrupted files to [email-masked]

H.J.
[email-masked]
01/19/99

------- End of Forwarded Message

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]