Subject: Intel PC running Linux to support target host using SA1100

From: "loh york hong, brennon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 11:16:30 +0800

hi all,
I need to build a development environment on a Intel PC running
Linux (my host machine).  And this development environment 
should support SA1100 (my target machine) to run also Linux. 

Philip Blundell suggested that the tools at this website
 http://www.tazenda.demon.co.uk/phil/arm-tools.html 
(the Binutils (v2.9.1.0.19a) &  the GCC (EGCS v1.1.1) )
is the correct one for my above mentioned project.

Is this true becoz' the site at
 http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/5_ut/c_Usingbinutils/
binTarget_Selection.html
   seems to suggest otherwise... pls help !!??

best regards.
**************************************************************
* loh york hong, brennon              *
* Research & Development Engineer     *

**************************************************************
* Centre for Wireless Communications  *
* 20 Science Park Road                *
* #02-34/37, TeleTech Park,           *
* Singapore Science Park II,          *
* Singapore 117674                    *
* Tel: (65)870-9333 (main line)       *
*      (65)870-9275 (DID)             *
* Fax: (65)779-5441                   *
*                                     *
* http://www.cwc.nus.edu.sg           *
*                                     *
**************************************************************

---

From: Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 23:35:37 -0500 (EST)

>    seems to suggest otherwise... pls help !!??

You can believe Philip.

Nicolas Pitre, B. ing.
[email-masked]

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 13:26:11 +0100

>   seems to suggest otherwise... pls help !!??

The GNUPro toolkit won't currently target a Linux/ARM system correctly.  Some 
future version will be able to do this but it won't work right now as far as I 
know.

p.