Subject: Re: Acorn Southwest Show

From: John Ballance <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 15:01:33

Hi

its actually the EtherI, from Irlam

it differs from others as the NC does not support MEMC addressing (or 
I believe PS addressing). All access is made usinf EasiSpace addressing.. 
something the netbsd port probably does not currently do...

John

On Thu, 17 Dec, Andy Loukes  wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Dec 1998, Philip Blundell wrote:
> 
> > >I have also heard people muttering about porting linux-arm to the
(acorn-
> > >style) NC.  Has anyone actually managed this?
> 

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Phil Norman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 17:28:46 +0000

> something the netbsd port probably does not currently do...

It depends on the NC.  Some have EtherN cards, some EtherI, and some have
other bizarre cards.  But yes, I've heard from another source too that
the main barrier to porting linux-arm is the ethernet card.

Phil

---

From: Russell King <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 09:04:11 +0000 (GMT)

> the main barrier to porting linux-arm is the ethernet card.

However, ARM Linux supports EASI cards.  I think you should use:

	addr = ecard_address(ec, ECARD_EASI, 0)

to get the address of the card described by 'ec'.

--
Russell King ([email-masked])