Subject: Re: Linux 2.1.128 kernel patch

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 17:31:47 +0100

Russell King wrote:

>There is now /a/ 2.1.128 development kernel on the FTP site.  It is highly
>experimental, and has major changes in it.  I am still working hard on this
>kernel to get it into a reasonable state, and therefore it's only linked in
>as 'DEV', not 'LATEST'.
>
>You can expect a cleaner kernel patch this Sunday.

Any idea when this cleaner patch might be ready?

p.

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 22:57:08 +0100

>up after sorting out this problem with Intel.  (If my suspicions are true,
>then it'll require a gruesome compiler hack which will increase the APCS 
>function entry considerably to reliably get around the problem).

What do you think the bug is, then?

>(since my sources must remain constant so that the problem is reproduceable).

I don't quite understand how this relates to `let(ting) on what it is'.

p.

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 22:08:08 +0000 (GMT)

> Any idea when this cleaner patch might be ready?

When I have the time to pull the stuff back together and the time to clean it
up after sorting out this problem with Intel.  (If my suspicions are true, then
it'll require a gruesome compiler hack which will increase the APCS function
entry considerably to reliably get around the problem).  However, I'm not going
to let on what it is until I've finished with it (since my sources must remain
constant so that the problem is reproduceable).

Intel and myself are currently looking into this problem.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]