Subject: toolchain news

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 20:41:24 +0100

Hi,

Some new goodies; a patch for EGCS and a patch for binutils.

The former is an all-in-one patch against the 1.1.1 release and replaces the 
various bitty patches that have been floating around thus far.  It includes 
everything from the old patches plus a fix for an obscure bug that surfaces 
while compiling complex functions with -fPIC and improved support for 
-mapcs-float.  I also turned on support for the new sys_cacheflush syscall by 
default.  This may mean you get alarming-looking kernel messages if you use 
nested functions on a machine running an old kernel -- since the old behaviour 
was to fail silently this doesn't seem too much of a problem.

The latter is a small patch against HJ's 2.9.1.0.19a release (though in fact 
it should apply against any reasonably recent version) to fix a couple of 
strange but serious bugs to do with section handling.  I say "strange" 
because I'd never noticed them until a few days ago and yet the effect is to 
completely break things like the .text.init support in the kernel.  I guess 
they must have been triggered by another change at some point.

If you still have outstanding problems with either egcs or binutils that you 
think I might not know about (or have forgotten) then please send me mail.

ftp://ftp.netwinder.org/users/p/philb/egcs-1.1.1-arm-diff-981227.gz
ftp://ftp.netwinder.org/users/p/philb/binutils-2.9.1.0.19a-arm-diff-981227.gz

Share and enjoy

p.

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]