Subject: xfm can't access all of ADFS partition

From: Richard Atterer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 21:17:07 +0100

Hi,

this may be a bug in xfm rather than anything else, but nevertheless I
thought I'd let you know that you can only access the top-level
directories of your ADFS partition using xfm. Symbolic links to files
further down the ADFS directory tree work fine, but opening directories
is not possible.

Whenever the attempt to open a directory fails, root gets sent something
like this:

Nov 28 22:19:05 elbereth kernel: ADFS-fs error (device 03:01):
adfs_map_lookup: fragment 2CE0 at offset 192 not found in map (start
zone 45)

I have both ADFS and ext2 on one 3.2G disc on the internal IDE port of
my SA RiscPC (I'm using the 2.0.35 kernel). The partitions are:

0       4082399 1993MB  Filecore
4082400 4082401 1kB     Linux Table
4082402 6236898 1052MB  Linux Native
6236899 6303023 32MB    Linux Swap

All the best,

  Richard

P.S. Russell, is this new CD an ELF distribution? Also, once the CD is
ready, could a copy of the directories and files on it be made available
via the FTP site?
-- 
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer
  | \/¯|  http://home.augsburg.baynet.de/richard.atterer/      raFS V1.15
  ¯ ´` ¯
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Eduard Pfarr <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 11:38:48 +0100

Richard Atterer schrieb:
[..]
> ready, could a copy of the directories and files on it be made available

Yes, please. Maybe also an "starter proof" guide how to burn such a CD from
the FTP site without getting lost in hyperspace.

 Cheers,
 Eduard.

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 20:23:53 +0000 (GMT)

> further down the ADFS directory tree work fine, but opening directories

Unlikely - the ADFS does not keep a correct '..' entry in all cases.  Try
'ls -ia' in some subdirectories, and I think you'll find that the inode
number for '..' is wrong.

> ready, could a copy of the directories and files on it be made available

The CD isn't a later ELF distribution (I don't have time at the moment with
a full time job to do anything that large).  However, it does contain a few
upgraded tools and so forth.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]