Subject: configure options

From: Mark van Doesburg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 13:58:28 +0100

I was configuring the 2.1.131 kernel for the ebsa285 as coprocessor
architecture and didn't get the option to include the serial 21285
console. I traced it back the following lines in arch/arm/config.in.

	if [ "$CONFIG_VGA_CONSOLE" = "n" -a "$CONFIG_FB" = "n" ]; then
	  source arch/arm/drivers/char/Config.in
	else
	  source drivers/char/Config.in
	fi

Why is this ? And what change would be appropriate to make the configure
script work again ? I need the serial 21285 console without any other
drivers.  (except my own networking over PCI drivers)

greetings,

Mark.

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Mark van Doesburg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 12:57:49 +0100

What do you have CONFIG_VGA_CONSOLE and CONFIG_FB set to?  The
	situation in the King kernels should be that with those *off*
	you get offered 21285 serial support.  Hopefully one of the
	patches I posted about a couple of days ago corrects things so
	that it works with them on as well.

	p.

I was using make menuconfig to configure the kernel. I first configured
character devices. The serial 21285 didn't show up on this. I turned
virtual terminal of however. This removed the console drivers option
from the menu. IOW i was not able to set CONFIG_VGA_CONSOLE and
CONFIG_FB to anything. Now i know how to configure, but changing the
configure script might be nice anyway.

Mark.