Subject: Alt/Meta keys don't work once I start X

From: Andrew Heckford <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 15:00:28 +0000

Hi all,

I'm a new starter to ARM Linux so I'm a bit new to some of the 
procedures. I've already tried linux newsgroups and c.s.a.misc
and was prompted to this mailing list.

My problem is that once I startup X using the startx command my Alt/
Meta keys stop working. I take it I should still be able to swap 
between consoles using <Ctrl>-<Alt>-Fkey even if one of the consoles
is running X. 

(Even if its not possible the Alt keys don't appear ot work under 
Emacs so I guess I must have setup something wrong)

Also, when I hit Shift-3 it prints the hash symbol when it should
be pound and Shift-` prints tilde instead (the actual hash/tilde
key doesn't appear to print anything). I guess I've chosen the
wrong keyboard during installation. This happens when in both
console mode and X. How can I change this?

FYI I'm running Linux on a SA RiscPC.

Any help would be much appreciated.

-- 
                                                   \\\\///
       ___          __                  _______ooo_(.) (.)_ooo________
      / _ \___  ___/ /_ __              |            ()               |
     / _  / _ \/ _  / // / __________\  |    ** Andrew Heckford **    |
    /_//_/_//_/\_,_/\_, /            /  | [email-masked] |
                  /___/                 |_____________________________|
                                                  oo0   0oo
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]