Subject: Linux Loader problem

From: Stefan Bellon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 00:15:17 +0000 (GMT)

I've installed ARMLinux on my two RiscPC. I can start it with 

ADFS::4.$.ARMLinux.!Linux -bootkernel ADFS::4.$.ARMLinux.rpc

but then I have to enter "root=/dev/hda3" when I'm asked for additinal
arguments. I don't manage to start the !Linux application without
getting an error.

Here's what I get:

Press alt to access boot loader

Kernel Loader v3.30 (Sep 27 1998 09:32:58)
(c) 1995-1998 Russell King ([email-masked])

*** assertion failed: ldr_menu.entries != 0, file c.ldr, line 51
Unexpected termination (e.g. abort() function)

Postmortem requested
39f6940 in shared library function
39f69e4 in shared library function
39f8918 in shared library function
aa8c in function ldr_runmenu
  Arg2: 0x0001b188 110984 -> [0x0001b1a4 0x0001b1ca 0x0001b1d2
0x00000000]
  Arg1: 0x00000003 3
8f50 in function main
3a15f10 in unknown procedure

This is with both, a StrongARMed RiscPC and a ARM710-RiscPC. And with
all !Linux loaders from v3.21 onwards. And is the same whether starting
in my "normal" desktop environment or after a Shift-booted desktop.

If I start up using

ADFS::4.$.ARMLinux.!Linux -bootkernel ADFS::4.$.ARMLinux.rpc

which works, then I have the problem that everytime I get the message
"/dev/hda3 already mounted. Are you sure you want to continue (y/n)?"
or similar message. I tried to shutdown with

sync
shutdown -r now

But this doesn't help either.

Please tell me what is wrong in my setup. Otherwise the rest of the
Linux things - when started - work ok.

TIA!

Greetings,

-- 
  _____ _____ ____ ____ ____ _  _
 |  ___/_   _|  __|  __/ __ | \| |  Stefan Bellon         mailto:[email-masked]
 |___  | | | |  __|  __| __ |    |
 /_____| |_| |____|_|  |_||_|_|\_|  Acorn RiscPC * StrongARM 202Mhz * 66 MB RAM

 Never get between a programmer and the coffee machine
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]