Subject: Cross compiling arm kernels

From: John Ballance <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 07:18:31

Hi 

Having manifestly failed to get a riscpc system to compile linux kernels
OR egcs, I am
wondering whether I would have better luck cross compiling from a pc
platform
(redhat 5.1).  

Is there anything I need to know for this?

Many thanks.. 
-- 
                      John Ballance
 Castle Technology, Ore Trading Estate, Woodbridge Road, Framlingham,
Suffolk UK IP13 9LL  Tel  44 (0) 1728 621 631, Fax  44 (0) 1728 621 179
web: http://www.castle-technology.co.uk or http://www.castlet.demon.co.uk

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Werner Almesberger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 14:45:56 +0100 (MET)

> Is there anything I need to know for this?

egcs/binutils binaries (i386 -> arm-linux; RH4.2, but should also work on
RH5.1, etc.) in:
ftp://lrcftp/pub/people/almesber/psion/xdev-0.tar.gz

egcs/binutils build instructions in:
ftp://lrcftp/pub/people/almesber/psion/xdev-0.README

Kernel build instructions in README of:
ftp://lrcftp/pub/people/almesber/psion/boot-6.tar.gz

Kernel patch in (*):
ftp://lrcftp/pub/people/almesber/psion/crash+burn-4.patch.gz

(* use this patch as a reference only. Don't apply it as a whole. It adds
   many Psion/Geofox specific things which you don't need. All you should
   need are the changes to the Makefile, i.e. the addition of the arm-linux
   prefix.)

- Werner

-- 
  _________________________________________________________________________
 / Werner Almesberger, DI-ICA,EPFL,CH   [email-masked] /
/_IN_R_131__Tel_+41_21_693_6621__Fax_+41_21_693_6610_____________________/
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]