Subject: Matshita CD rom drive problems

From: Chris Nelson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 12:58:07 +0000

I have only recently subscribed to this list, and have looked up the list
archives for problems with the Matshita CD rom drives. There was a thread 
about problems with these drives in July, but unfortunately, the archive 
stops abruptly at the end of that month, so I don't know what the end result
was.  Is there any way of getting Linux to boot whilst one of these drives
are connected?

Thanks

Chris
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (James J. Farmer)
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 09:03:05 GMT

In a message sent at Sat, 28 Nov 1998 12:58:07 +0000,

> was.  Is there any way of getting Linux to boot whilst one of these drives

As I recall, the solution was to use the extra argument:

  ide0=0x1f0,0x3f0,9

Well, that works for me at any rate.  :)

James.
-- 
*****************************************************************************
* I have a StrongARM - nothing can stop me now!!!                           *
*                                                                           *
*                                           Muahahahahahaha...              *
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]