Subject: More on X display in 256 colours on A5000

From: dooby <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 15:23:39 +0000 (GMT)

Hi ppl,

Further to my brief wails about X not running in 256 colours on my
A5000...

I followed Melanie's comments about my X server being incorrectly set up,
so I downloaded and installed the following rpms in the hope it would do
some good :-
X11-6.0-1a3.arm.rpm
X11-utils-6.0-1a3.arm.rpm
arm-aout-libs-4.6.27-1a6.arm.rpm
arm-x11-aout-libs-1.0-1.arm.rpm

I then tried startx having set 'setmodeold' to start linux in mode 21.

It did the same as always, and blanked the screen irreversibly.

I then tried startx & > x_diag.txt once in mode 20 and once in mode 21...

Both times they replied the same information (except about the bpp). This
leads me to believe that X _is_ starting up (it sounds that way from my
HD :-) but it won't show.

_If_ my X server is corrupt/set up wrong, what else can I do to rectify
this? Are there any rpms which I should reinstall to be sure, or is there
a specific file regarding X Server setup that I need to edit in some way?

I would appreciate any help, because I can't think of anything else to
try. If you would like more details please ask.

cheers,

dooby

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]