Subject: WG: ARM Linux Installation

From: morell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 20:09:26 +0100

Hi,

I'm not able to get the arm linux installed on my system.

I've got an RiscPc 600 with 32 MB Ram, 2 MB VRam 2 IDE discs the primary 
with 500MB, the secondary with 4,3GB, a Powertec SCSI controler with a 
CDRom, a 500 MB harddisc, a Syquest drive and a scanner connected. The last 
thing connected to my system is a ZIP-drive to the parallel port.

I've created the linux partitions on my secondary IDEdisc without any 
problems. But I was not able to install the linux system on these 
partitions.

I've tried to install linux from the zip drive, but the system not even 
recogniced the drive. I've tried several base addresses for the parallel 
port but nothing happend. How can I find out the right base address on my 
system?
The installation procedure is also not able to address my scsi card, so I'm 
not able to install from CDRom.

Has anyone any idea what is going wrong, or what I am doing wrong?

Please give me advise to get the linux installed on my RiscPc.

Bernhard Morell

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Nigel Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 01:06:29 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998, morell wrote:

: I've created the linux partitions on my secondary IDEdisc without any 
: problems. But I was not able to install the linux system on these 
: partitions.

As I understood things (I installed v. recently), you need to use the
master IDE disc on the Acorn IDE interface...

: I've tried to install linux from the zip drive, but the system not even 
: recogniced the drive. I've tried several base addresses for the parallel 
: port but nothing happend. How can I find out the right base address on my 
: system?
: The installation procedure is also not able to address my scsi card, so I'm 
: not able to install from CDRom.

You mean you can use a slave drive?  Shit - I would've preferred doing
things that way...

Nigel
-- 
Girton College, Cambridge, England, CB3 0JG.             Tel: 0411 384803

http://welcome.to/nigels                             [email-masked]