Subject: Re: www.arm.uk.linux.org down?

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 1998 09:23:16 +0000 (GMT)

Ian Jeffray writes:
> This has been mentioned at least twice on here now... the
> www.arm.uk.linux.org  address is deprecated and you should be
> using www.arm.linux.org.uk
> 
> HOWEVER - www.arm.linux.org.uk is not working either!... you just
> get a Cymru.net webpage (presumably because the 'faked' multihomed
> server doesnt recognise that it's supposed to serve that domain)

It should be working correctly since Thursday.

> PS The ftp server ftp.arm.linux.org.uk works fine... although
> it's text messages report the old address.  DNS mess.  Lovely.

What's happened is that InterNIC have messed up - they were supposed to
change the primary DNS server for linux.org, but they haven't.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Alan Cox <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 1998 16:56:48 +0000 (GMT)

> It should be working correctly since Thursday.

No the web server didnt have some right magic in it. I fixed in saturday

Alan