Subject: Sendmail / pppd

From: Rob Davis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 23:16:46 +0000

How do I configure sendmail to send to my ISP's mail server instead
of trying to resolve each address individually?  I am about to
go live with a dial-up based majordomo list, and it's taking
about 3 days to send each message.

Also, I want to find out how to check in a shell script whether
the ppp connection is active to run popclient followed by
sendmail -q followed by ppp-off.  Any ideas?

-- 
Rob Davis                OAC Ministries, British Registered Charity, 295432
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homepage: http://www.oac.u-net.com    Mobile: 0973 359577 (SMS welcome)
[email-masked] (Rob.. At the house)
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 09:29:31 +0000 (GMT)

> about 3 days to send each message.

If you install the sendmail-cf package, then you should find a set
of sendmail configuration files (can't remember where, but do an
rpm -ql sendmail-cf to get a list) which you can modify to produce
your configuration.

> sendmail -q followed by ppp-off.  Any ideas?

You want a /etc/ppp/ip-up script (this is the exact method that I use).
I would suggest checking out fetchmail first though.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]