Subject: Re: Building source rpms for MySQL

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 1998 16:32:14 +0100

>How do I build the source rpms I've downloaded for this package?  I

Something along the lines of "rpm --recompile ..." I think.  If I remember 
right you don't want "rpm --build"; that expects a specs file rather than a 
complete RPM as an argument.

p.

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Nigel Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 16:18:31 +0000 (GMT)

Don't know too much about linux at the moment, so this may be a silly
question!

How do I build the source rpms I've downloaded for this package?  I
probably need to know what an "rcfile" is (needed for "rpm --build"
according to the help).

On a different note, does anybody know where I can get hold of a decent
system config program (preferably that won't need compiling from
scratch!)?

Cheers.

Nigel
-- 
Girton College, Cambridge, England, CB3 0JG.             Tel: 0411 384803

http://welcome.to/nigels                             [email-masked]