Subject: Problems with Partman

From: John Wilson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 00:00:37 +0000 (GMT)

Help!

I'm trying to establish a new Linux partition on a 3.2Gb Fireball.

I format the disc (half for RISCOS) using first HForm 2.47 under ADFS
and later on the APLD IDEFS, in both cases !Partman 1.11 and the
1.13(7) alpha fail to create the required partition.

I've read the FAQ & install notes but can't make further progress.

Has anyone who has recently installed the system give me any tips?

John

-- 
John Wilson 
http://www.jwok.demon.co.uk
from a StrongARM powered Acorn Risc PC

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: John Guthrie <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 08:59:39 +0000 (GMT)

In article <[email-masked]>,

> John

I had this problem when I sized the RISCOS partition by reducing the
number of heads in the Hform dialogue.  I changed to reducing the
number of cylinders and it worked.
HTH, John

-- 

   John Guthrie         [email-masked]
   Aberdeen