Subject: Problems compling egcs 1.1b

From: Timothy Baldwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 23:33:51 +0000

I have egcs 1.1b (egcs-core-1.1b.tar.bz2) downloaded from somewhere
under sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk:Mirrors/egcs.cygnus.com/pub/egcs
and patched it with egcs-1.1b-arm-diff-9810004/bz2 from
vger.rutgers.edu:pub/gcc/arm.

I configure it in another directory with :
../egcs-1.1b-arm/configure --prefix=/usr --host=arm-unknown-linuxaout

But when I try to complie it with : make bootstrap LDFLAGS="-static"
I get the following error :

Bootstrapping the compiler
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/tim/src/egcs.aout/gcc'
make CC="gcc" libdir=/usr/lib LANGUAGES="c "
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/tim/src/egcs.aout/gcc'
gcc  -DIN_GCC    -g  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H     -I. -I../../egcs-1.1b-arm/gcc \
  -I../../egcs-1.1b-arm/gcc/config \
  -DGCC_INCLUDE_DIR=\"/usr/lib/gcc-lib/arm-unknown-linuxaout/egcs-2.91.57\
/include\" \
  -DGPLUSPLUS_INCLUDE_DIR=\"/usr/include/g++\" \
  -DOLD_GPLUSPLUS_INCLUDE_DIR=\"/usr/lib/g++-include\" \
  -DLOCAL_INCLUDE_DIR=\"/usr/local/include\" \
  -DCROSS_INCLUDE_DIR=\"/usr/arm-unknown-linuxaout/sys-include\" \
  -DTOOL_INCLUDE_DIR=\"/usr/arm-unknown-linuxaout/include\" \
  -c `echo ../../egcs-1.1b-arm/gcc/cccp.c | sed 's,^\./,,'`
In file included from ../../egcs-1.1b-arm/gcc/config/arm/aout.h:259,
                 from ../../egcs-1.1b-arm/gcc/config/arm/linux-aout.h:56,
                 from tm.h:2,
                 from ../../egcs-1.1b-arm/gcc/config/arm/xm-arm.h:54,
                 from config.h:2,
                 from ../../egcs-1.1b-arm/gcc/cccp.c:21:
../../egcs-1.1b-arm/gcc/config/arm/arm.h:56: syntax error before `enum'
make[2]: *** [cccp.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/tim/src/egcs.aout/gcc'
make[1]: *** [bootstrap] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/tim/src/egcs.aout/gcc'
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

Thanks in advance for help.

PS. I have Linux 2.0.35 and was using gcc 2.7.2.2 from the RPM.

-- 
http://www.reinhouse.demon.co.uk/
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]