Subject: Compiling GCC-2.7.2.2 on SA RPC.. HELP?

From: John Ballance <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 1998 23:40:33

Hi Folks,, and Russell

Can anyone tell me PRECISELY (with first hand knowledge!!) which tars and

patches, in what order, are required
to build a compiler suitable for compiling the linux-2.1.126 source tree
for ARM?

Russell says we need a compiler with elf extensions... is it available as
a RPM?

I have tried gcc-2.7.2.2 from ftp.gnu.org, patched with either of the
source patches
from the armlinux tools page, and in both cases get a failure in
compiling/linking
toplev.c.. 3 missing labels..  referring to finalise_pic, (something
else)_pic and
arm_movsi.. (or similar)

Any help appreciated.. even better would be appropriate executables..
for  SARPC, IDEhd

Many thanks
-- 
                      John Ballance
 Castle Technology, Ore Trading Estate, Woodbridge Road, Framlingham,
Suffolk UK IP13 9LL  Tel  44 (0) 1728 621 631, Fax  44 (0) 1728 621 179
web: http://www.castle-technology.co.uk or http://www.castlet.demon.co.uk

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 09:24:35 +0100

>to build a compiler suitable for compiling the linux-2.1.126 source tree

Look through the mailing list archives.  I've posted this information many 
times and I think it's in Russell's FAQ as well.

p.

---

From: Werner Almesberger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 10:26:00 +0100 (MET)

> to build a compiler suitable for compiling the linux-2.1.126 source tree

Maybe the description for building a cross-compiler (host: i386-linux,
target: arm-linux-elf) that compiles 2.1.125 is useful. It's on
ftp://lrcftp.epfl.ch/pub/people/almesber/psion/xdev-0.README

There are also pre-compiled binaries for that cross-compiler. Note that
they expect to reside at a somewhat unusual location (/scratch/psion/xdev).

Finally, this has only been tested for kernels and stand-alone programs.
I don't have the slightest idea what happens if you add any type of libc
to the equation.

- Werner

-- 
  _________________________________________________________________________
 / Werner Almesberger, DI-ICA,EPFL,CH   [email-masked] /
/_IN_R_131__Tel_+41_21_693_6621__Fax_+41_21_693_6610_____________________/
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]