Subject: ELF

From: Ian Molton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 07:40:06 +0100

Hi again...

How do I run an elf binary ?

I tried running xaudio (www.xaudio.com) and it said "command not found"
(although it was there)

I only did "./xaudio" as the command line, so there cant have been a lot
wrong.

I DO have ELF support compiled into the kernel....

-- 
-Ian aka Lennier
Acorn Computers, the best in the world
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hawk/
BaBe - Women's human rights organisation in Croatia
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hawk/babe/
Preferences: Cats, Zap, Purple, Aspie
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 11:01:15 +0200

>I tried running xaudio (www.xaudio.com) and it said "command not found"

It sounds like you're missing the interpreter (/lib/ld-linux.so.2)

p.

---

From: Russell King <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 10:57:39 +0100 (BST)

> I only did "./xaudio" as the command line, so there cant have been a lot

It's probably because it can't find /lib/ld-linux.so.1 - the dynamic linker.
You'll also need the shared libraries.

Note that programs compiled on the Netwinder generally don't work on the
RiscPC - Corel's libc is compiled to use the StrongARM's strh instruction
which isn't supported on the RiscPC.

--
Russell King ([email-masked])