Subject: 2.1.123 pre-patches on FTP site

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 21:57:20 +0100 (BST)

Ok, for all of those interested in the development 2.1 patches, 2.1.123
is on the FTP site.

EBSA285 users: please note that the kernel now uses the ram size specs
  in the 'params' structure rather than a fixed 16MB.  With the old
  boot loader (BOOTP), you should notice no difference.  However, with
  my new loader (going through the proving stages) it should autodetect
  the amount of RAM.

CATS users: this change also impacts you, but I don't know how much.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.uk.linux.org/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 1998 22:41:29 +0100

>CATS users: this change also impacts you, but I don't know how much.

Probably not much.  We don't currently have a native CATS bootloader and so 
the kernels I build all use builtin settings rather than looking for a 
params block.

p.