Subject: Ethernet installation problems

From: Julian Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 17:43:35 +0100

Hi all,

I would like to install ArmLinux via FTP (this would be the easiest method
for me by far), but the installer won't recognize my ANT EtherB netcard-slot
interface (the module returns 1 and fails to initialize). I currently have a
'slightly' hacked version of RiscBSD installed, and before I remove it I
would like to have some reassurance that the interface will work once
ArmLinux is installed if I would have to jump through hoops (...again...) to
install it by different method. (I installed it once before by downloading
the distribution onto a PC with Linux and physically swapping the PC hard
drive for the CD-ROM in my machine).

The CGI error-reporting form on the ArmLinux website doesn't seem to work
with Browse, by the way. I used the most recent (31/8/1998) kernel and disc
images. I have a 233MHz StrongARM, 1.2Gb hard disc (partitioned to about
850Mb & 350Mb for Risc OS and Unix respectively), 36Mb DRAM and 2Mb VRAM.

Thanks for your help,

Julian Brown
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]