Subject: MP3 player for linux

From: Ian Molton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 18:41:43 +0100

I am interested in mp3's

is there a player for ARMlinux?

if not, where can I get source for one? (I am prepared to get my hands
dirty and have a go at optimising it in ARM assembler)

better still, is there a good description of how mp3 works? (as well as
source) ?

-- 
-Ian aka Lennier
Acorn Computers, the best in the world
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hawk/
BaBe - Women's human rights organisation in Croatia
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hawk/babe/
Preferences: Cats, Zap, Purple, Aspie
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 19:32:28 +0100

>better still, is there a good description of how mp3 works? (as well as

Go to www.mpeg.org and browse around a bit.  I think there are links to both 
source and documentation - though be warned the MPEG standard is quite a large 
document and there is a fair amount of maths involved.

p.

---

From: Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 21:06:48 -0400 (EDT)

> document and there is a fair amount of maths involved.

Also you can go to www.xaudio.com.  They have a MPEG player for the
StrongARM based on integer math.

Nicolas Pitre, B. ing.
[email-masked]