Subject: Problems with !Partman

From: Nik Gare <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 23:41:47 +0100

As I'm new to Linux and this mailing list, I'm going to ask what is probably
a really stupid question but it has me stumped!
Here goes...

I'm trying to get !Partman to create a Linux partition on my 2nd Hard
drive
but to no avail.

I've reformated the drive (3.2 GIG) so that I'm left with about 500mb
on
the RiscOS side.

When I load up Partman and typ in the relavent drive details it
recognises
the drive and gives the correct figures for the whole drive (I think
that
this should happen anyway).

It looks like this:

Partition     Start Sector    End Sector   Size    Type
                  0           6191135     3023mb   Free

When I try click on new on the menu, nothing happens - I don't know
why!

Also, following the instalation instructions, it looks as if it
should say
filecore instead of free.

The size of the disk is accurate and I have tried it with the disk
connected
to the motherboard IDE interface and also my ADPL interface (I think
this is
the same as th ICS one so 'should' work) but the same thing happens
both times.

I am probably doing something really stupid and the answer is staring
me right
in the face, but any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks
-- 
Nik Gare

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Russell King <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 10:55:37 +0100 (BST)

Nik Gare said:
> drive but to no avail.

Which version of !PartMan are you using?  Also, which interface is this
drive connected to?

> Partition     Start Sector    End Sector   Size    Type

Looks like it hasn't recognised the filecore partition.  Could you try the
latest ALPHA version of PartMan.  Once you've finished running it, hit F12
and type:
	filer_opendir Pipe:$
return to the desktop.  You should find a filer window open with a directory
called C_Debug.  Copy the file out of that and mail it to me (at
[email-masked], not here).

--
Russell King ([email-masked])