Subject: Re: Hi there...

From: "James J. Farmer (aka JJF)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 08:54:50 +0100

>I've successfully installed 2.0.35, but cant for the life of me 
>remember how to install the kernel sources.
>
>Can anyone give step by step instructions, as this (still) isnt 
>adequately covered anywhere I have found (I looked in the FAQ)

Actually, there's an excellent guide to compiling the kernel that
allowed even dumb 'ole me to get it working...  now, if only I
could remember where it was.  :(  Ah well, I guess someone will
point you towards it.

>I installed the kernel source in /usr/src/linux, and tried
> 
>gunzip <name of patches> | patch
>
>but this gave a massive (scrolled v. fast) list of stuff and then 
>failed with an error about garbled whassnames.

Actually, I think this one's in the FAQ?

JJF.
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]