Subject: pre-patch-2.1.123-19981004

From: Mark van Doesburg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 10:46:42 +0200

I've tried to apply this patch to a fresh 2.1.123 kernel but it complains about
misordered hunks in the  file fs/adfs/super.c

greetings,

Mark.
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 14:43:59 +0100

>I've tried to apply this patch to a fresh 2.1.123 kernel but it complains
>about misordered hunks in the  file fs/adfs/super.c

That can happen if your version of "patch" is too old.  I got one reject in 
that file but it was only a trivial change and I didn't bother looking into it 
too closely.

p.

---

From: Russell King <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 15:57:48 +0100 (BST)

> misordered hunks in the  file fs/adfs/super.c

Well, I believe that my original reference fs/adfs/super.c is identical to what
is in Linus' tree, but I could be wrong.  I have checked this before, and have
found nothing wrong.

Could someone sum this file in Linus' original tree and send me ([email-masked])
the result please?  If this is not done, then all my patches will be broken from now on.

--
Russell King ([email-masked])

---

From: Matthew Wilcox <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 09:27:07 +0200

(list cc'd to prevent everyone spamming russ' mailbox ;-)

> the result please?  If this is not done, then all my patches will be broken from now on.

mrw@mencheca:~$ grep ^SUBLEVEL /usr/tmp/linux/Makefile 
SUBLEVEL = 123
mrw@mencheca:~$ md5sum /usr/tmp/linux/fs/adfs/super.c 
8b98491b341050d10e8fc98debfc56ff  /usr/tmp/linux/fs/adfs/super.c
mrw@mencheca:~$ sum /usr/tmp/linux/fs/adfs/super.c 
54305     9
mrw@mencheca:~$ sum -s /usr/tmp/linux/fs/adfs/super.c 
57111 18 /usr/tmp/linux/fs/adfs/super.c

-- 
Matthew Wilcox <[email-masked]>
"I decry the current tendency to seek patents on algorithms.  There are
better ways to earn a living than to prevent other people from making use of
one's contributions to computer science."  -- Donald E. Knuth, TAoCP vol 3
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]