Subject: gcc and binutils

From: Matt Nicholls <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 12:07:32 +0100

Hi.

I want to compile new version of both gcc and binutils. Just one
question... which versions of binutils and gcc support ARM Linux???

Thanks in advance,
-- 
 __  __      _   _        
|  \/  |__ _| |_| |_   [email-masked]
| |\/| / _` |  _|  _|  www.altern.org/dhcomet/
|_|  |_\__,_|\__|\__|  ICQ UIN : 15479212

There are no stupid questions. However, MS-DOS is a good example of a stupid answer
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 19:01:02 +0100

>question... which versions of binutils and gcc support ARM Linux???

The tools I recommend are binutils-2.9.1.0.15 and egcs-1.1 plus the latest 
patches from vger.rutgers.edu:/pub/gcc/arm.  Others still favour gcc-2.7.2.2; 
your mileage might vary.

Russell, can you put this in the FAQ?

p.