Subject: Mounting ADFS disks on a I386 Linux Box

From: Rob Davis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 16:02:39 +0000

Would I need to compile into the kernel (or as a module) to be able to
read ADFS disks from an I386 Linux box?  I have a number of syquest
and zip disks that are ADFS format that I'd like to be able to
still access when we go fully Linux at work.

-- 
Rob Davis                OAC Ministries, British Registered Charity, 295432
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homepage: http://www.oac.u-net.com    Mobile: 0973 359577 (SMS welcome)
[email-masked] (Rob.. At the house)
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 18:00:25 +0000

>still access when we go fully Linux at work.

You need ADFS support and maybe ADFS partition support too.  Shouldn't be too 
big a problem though.

p.

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 21:33:23 +0000 (GMT)

> You need ADFS support and maybe ADFS partition support too.  Shouldn't be too 

To specify it more closely:

You need to be running a recent 2.1 kernel with the ARM patches applied.
This will give you two things:

1. Updated ADFS support (with mount options)
2. More generic partition support (with user configuration options, and
   ADFS disk support).
3. Documentation in Documentation/filesystems on the ADFS support.

With this, you should find that your partitions are now identified as
 hda: [DOS] hda1 hda2 hda3
 sda: [ADFS] sda1

If you want to mount the ADFS partition, you should use 'sda1' rather
than 'sda', thus:

 mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/adfs -t adfs

Hmm, do people think that this is FAQ'able?
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]