Subject: Re: Java on ARM-Linux?

From: "Samuel Kock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 12:30:23 +0200

>I've actually removed the config.guess from my website now, as it's
probably
>easier (and more accurate) to use ./configure --host=arm-linux-gnuaout or
>whatever. I should put this in the hints and tips section, really. This may
>help compiling your program - if you do get it working then please let us
>know as I wouldn't mind Java on my system.

Well, I got it to configure, but it will not compile, it mumbles something
about an undefined variable (cannot remember the name right now!), and exits
with an error 2. I am using Kaffe 1.0b2, the one that has support for the
netwinder in it. Anybody else out there have any ideas?

Thanks

Samuel Kock

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Larry Sendlosky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 98 11:07:18 EDT

Kaffe does build on the Netwinder using ELF. I didn't build it, but
somebody who is working with us did get kaffe to run. He monitors
this mailing list and can give the details if needed. (or I can
ask him if he doesn't speak up).

larry

> unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

______________________________________________________________________
 Larry Sendlosky			 	            AMT
 [email-masked] (978) 506-4031                      Compaq
----------------------------------------------------------------------
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]