Subject: How to install Linux from CD

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 21:20:09 +0200

When I have partitioned my HD with PartMan and I startup the kernel, I get
the Redhat Linux installation screen.
How to install all necessary parts if I own the "Red Hat Linux/Intel 4.1
Vanderbilt" CD? Because when I follow the on screen instructions and choose
option to install from CD, the screen is flipping and I get rebooting.
TIA

-- 
 _      _                        ___                 ___
|_)irk |_)                        |                   |   |\ |
       |_)ollema                  |ilburg             |he | \|etherlands
========================================================================
=\       [email-masked] - [email-masked] - ICQ 15487376      /=
==\                Homepage http://www.dott.demon.nl/                /==
===\         Acorn RiscPC, StrongARM @202MHz - Intel Outside        /===
======================================================================== 
... Complaints? Write them here legibly [] <-
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Matthew Wilcox <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 00:53:58 +0200

> option to install from CD, the screen is flipping and I get rebooting.

You cannot install an Intel distribution on an ARM machine.

-- 
Matthew Wilcox <[email-masked]>
"I decry the current tendency to seek patents on algorithms.  There are
better ways to earn a living than to prevent other people from making use of
one's contributions to computer science."  -- Donald E. Knuth, TAoCP vol 3
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]