Subject: Bootloader

From: Ian Molton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 04:08:42 +0100

I am thinking about having a crack at writing my own OS (for a project)
based about linux.

Is the source for the bootloader available? This would be a tremendous
help....

-- 
-Ian aka Lennier
Acorn Computers, the best in the world
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hawk/
BaBe - Women's human rights organisation in Croatia
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hawk/babe/
Preferences: Cats, Zap, Purple, Aspie
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 10:31:51 +0200

>Is the source for the bootloader available? This would be a tremendous

No, I think it's still unavailable.  But the only difficult thing in the 
bootloader is the way it has to remap things so that the kernel can 
end up in the right bit of memory without upsetting RISC OS.  All the kernel 
wants is to be called in supervisor mode at a particular address and with a 
few magic numbers in registers.

p.