Subject: bottom handler

From: Mark van Doesburg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 20:18:07 +0200

I've found the bug. I needed to turn the irq off with disable_irq(3).
(My previous mail was a bit premature, sorry for the noise)

Thanks for all your help Russell.

greetings,

Mark.
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 21:07:01 +0100 (BST)

Mark van Doesburg writes:
> Does anyone know if the CSR_IRQ_* registers of the 21285 are modified
> somewhere in the interrupt code, so the change i make gets undone ?

Yes, see do_IRQ as well:

                if (!desc->nomask && desc->enabled) {
                        spin_lock(&irq_controller_lock);
                        desc->unmask(irq);
                        spin_unlock(&irq_controller_lock);
                }

> (is this an incorrect way to disable the irq ?)

Yes.  Use disable_irq()
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.uk.linux.org/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |
 --------------------- Email-relevent MINI FAQ ----------------------
 Installer keys   : ALT-F1 installer, ALT-F2 shell, ALT-F3 installer
                    messages, ALT-F4 kernel messages
 Ether3/B problems: try latest 2.0.34 kernel and root disk.
 --------------------------------------------------------------------