Subject: Cumana SCSI II

From: Ian Molton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 12:46:58 +0100

Does anyone know why I cannot get a cumana SCSI II card to work with
armlinux?

When I install, and select the Cumana SCSI II module, and try to autoprobe
it (or specify options) it just hangs. (the light on the scsi disc just
flashes on and off....)

any ideas?

-- 
-Ian aka Lennier
Acorn Computers, the best in the world
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hawk/
BaBe - Women's human rights organisation in Croatia
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hawk/babe/
Preferences: Cats, Zap, Purple, Aspie
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Peter Bell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 09:10:49 +0100

> it (or specify options) it just hangs. (the light on the scsi disc just

Basically, the SCSI driver in ArmLinux just doesn't work with the
Cumana card (does it work with any other card?).

When I encountered the problem, and posted to this list, Russell
responded and asked for some further details.  Since providing the
information nothing else has happened - I guess that the SCSI driver
isn't top priority.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter Bell - [email-masked] - FourSquare Computing Ltd
5 Drome Path, Winnersh, Wokingham, Berkshire  RG41 5HB, UK.
Tel. +44 (0) 118 989 0982   Fax. +44 (0) 118 979 4639
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Chris Sawer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 19:21:53 +0100

In message <[email-masked]>

> Cumana card (does it work with any other card?).

It works fine with my Cumana SCSI 1 card, and I can access files on my CD-ROM
using it. I guess this isn't a lot of help to you, though.

Chris

-- 
         Chris Sawer - Worthing, Sussex, England    ICQ: 15010147
    E-Mail: [email-masked]    PGP public key available on request
http://members.xoom.com/chrissawer/  <-- ArmLinux Binaries, Hints and Tips
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]