Subject: Re: Problems with ARMLinux installation

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 09:33:05 +0100 (BST)

David Hazel writes:
> package cproto at line 110 dne
> package cproto at line 140 dne
> package gpm-devel at line 150 dne
> package cproto at line 177 dne
> package pidentd at line 293 dne
> 
> I don't know how to fix these problems, but they don't seem to stop
> the installation proceeding, so I have assumed they are not major
> issues. (I assume 'dne' means 'does not exist').

You're correct there.
> EXT2-fs warning: mounting unchecked fs, running e2fsck is recommended
> VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem)
> INIT: version 2.64 booting
> Bad mode in prefetch abort handler detected: mode SVC_32
> Internal error: Oops: 0
> CPU: 0
> pc : [<c40188a0>]

Classic problem that's covered in the FAQ - question 3.3 ('as well as
a register dump with the PC at around 0xc40xxxxx').

> Then the system hangs immediately after the last line. I have to either
> power down or else press the reset button to get the machine back.
> 
> Have you encountered this problem, and is it a "standard" problem
> (I can't find an FAQ which describes this)? I would welcome any
> light you could throw on this.

The FAQ is located on my web site:
	http://www.arm.uk.linux.org/armlinux/faq.html
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.uk.linux.org/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]