Subject: armlinux 2.1.126 source tree HELP!!!

From: John Ballance <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 01:53:40

Hi Folks

Just downloaded the above source tree. 

used 'tar -xzvf linux-2.1.126.tar.gz ' its simpler than the command line
given in
the readme, but gives the same results as that suggested..

THE PROBLEM...
(using either decompression command sequence...)

first instruction is to 'make mrproper'.  this fails with the message
' target symlinks has both : and :: '

renaming symlinks to slinks in Makefile overcomes this, BUT then all
sorts of things grumble that they are accessed via too many symbolic
links..

HOW ON EARTH DO I GET TO A COMPILABLE SOURCE TREE??
any help gratefully appreciated...

(have gcc 2.7.7.2/1)
-- 
                      John Ballance
 Castle Technology, Ore Trading Estate, Woodbridge Road, Framlingham,
Suffolk UK IP13 9LL  Tel  44 (0) 1728 621 631, Fax  44 (0) 1728 621 179
web: http://www.castle-technology.co.uk or http://www.castlet.demon.co.uk

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: David Alan Gilbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 10:04:31 +0000

> any help gratefully appreciated...

tar -xvzf linux-2.1.126.tar.gz
cd linux
patch -p1 < thepatch.off.thearmlinux.ftp.site-for126

make xconfig
make dep && make clean && make Image

Dave

-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Dr. David Alan Gilbert - WARNING! This is a beta release .signature-
- Work:    dg @ cogency.co.uk        - +44-(0)161-428-9444           -
- Home:    gro.gilbert @ treblig.org -                               -
----------------------------------------------------------------------
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]