Subject: Re: Tshirts

From: Linux mailing list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 01:33:48 +0100

Tshirts???

Where abouts will you be able to get these tshirts.??

Also, a few questions. I have got ARM Linux installed but I don't know how to
get the bootloader working. The only way I can get into Linux is by setting
an override in Linux configure and pointing the kernel bit to the kernel on
my adfs partition and then typing root=/dev/hda3 at the extra arguments. How
do I get it to use the kernel from the Linux partition and how do I set the
root without having to type every time.

Thanks.

Daniel
-- 
... Take care of the pence and the Inland Revenue will take care of the rest.
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Matthew Wilcox <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 05:55:11 +0200

> Where abouts will you be able to get these tshirts.??

I'll investigate that tom... uh, later today.  mmm.

> root without having to type every time.

FAQ.  Question 6 in fact, though it's not immediately obvious.

-- 
Matthew Wilcox <[email-masked]>
"I decry the current tendency to seek patents on algorithms.  There are
better ways to earn a living than to prevent other people from making use of
one's contributions to computer science."  -- Donald E. Knuth, TAoCP vol 3
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 09:36:46 +0100 (BST)

> root without having to type every time.

What version of loadmap are you using?  Try loadmap -V.  The latest is 1.6.1.
Have you set up your /etc/boot.conf file?  If so, what does it contain?
Do you have a /dev/root symlink, and what is this pointing at?

Also, where did you specify in the !Config application where to look for the
kernel?
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.uk.linux.org/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Paul Vigay <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 10:22:47 +0100

> I'll investigate that tom... uh, later today.  mmm.

Any chance of sweat shirts - knowing the average temperature in the UK - as
well. Sort of like the Clan one, but with the Linux logo etc on it.
:-)

-- 
Paul Vigay                                           Acorn Programming,
                                    __\\|//__       Internet Consultancy
http://www.matrix.clara.net         (` o-o ')           & Web Design
-----------------------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo---------------------------

Acorn Risc OS: What Windows could have been, if it wasn't written by Microsoft.
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]