Subject: How to run (ELF?) Armlinux bins?

From: Eduard Pfarr <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 22:11:08 +0200

Hallo again,

Thanks to some nice people I've got some Armlinux binaries now (coming from
a Netwinder <g>). If I try to run them - with kernel 2.035 on a StrongARM
RiscPC600 - Linux reports: »Exec failed: Exec format error«. Am I right in
assuming they're in ELF format but my (Acorn Arm-) Linux doesn't want to
run this? How do I make Linux to exec them...?

Is there any advice in how to continue? If so: Thanks in advance!

 Cheers,
 Eduard.

-- 
W3-Seite des Monats: http://www.javalobby.org
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Matthew Wilcox <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 02:46:19 +0200

> run this? How do I make Linux to exec them...?

You need to compile your kernel to support ELF executables.

-- 
Matthew Wilcox <[email-masked]>
"I decry the current tendency to seek patents on algorithms.  There are
better ways to earn a living than to prevent other people from making use of
one's contributions to computer science."  -- Donald E. Knuth, TAoCP vol 3
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]