Subject: Re: installation problems

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 00:01:22 +0100 (BST)

Catharine Barnes writes:
> My ARMLinux directory that contains the RPMs and other files is on my
> first HD, and I have no trouble mounting this as hda.
> However, although the system information lists my second HD as 'hdc:
> [ICS]' I am unable to mount it. I understand from the armlinux site that
> an ICS interface driver is required in order to do this. Can anyone tell
> me where I can get this from and what I need to do with it.

Does the kernel display anything after the

 hdc: [ICS]

on that line?  Also, if it's got this far, then the kernel has the ICS
driver in it (I'm using an ICS card at the moment, but it's set up
without an ICS partition table on it).  Since I don't have the ICS
partitioning program, I can't try this out myself directly.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.uk.linux.org/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Catharine Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 10:20:26 +0100

<header snipped>

> partitioning program, I can't try this out myself directly.

[Catharine]  The relevant bits of the system information is as follows:
icside: detected ARCIN V5 in slot 3
hdc: ST51270A, 1223MB w/128kB, Cache, CH5=2485/16/63
partition check:
hda: [ADFS] hda1
hdc: [ICS] hdc1

If the kernel has managed to find my HD OK, can anyone offer advice on
how I can mount it.
Cheers,

Catharine