Subject: Re: memory mapping

From: Mark van Doesburg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 17:08:53 +0200

I don't remember the details, but out of the four combinations
	of buffered and cached, one of them is not allowed.  I think
	it's buffered non-cached, but I'm not really sure; it is in one
	of my manuals (at home).  If you can't find it, yell and I'll
	look it up.

		paul

Uncached but buffered access is allowed. It does not do write
collapsing, uses the byte enable lanes and uses bursts to cast out the
write buffer if possible. (6.3.2.2)

In enhanced mode the write buffer is allowed to merge multiple
byte/halfword writes in a single transfer. (9.1)

The write buffer only uses bursts in enhanced mode. (9.9)

It seems like i get what i want. :-)

The only buffered/cached combination that doesn't makes sense to me
would be unbuffered-cached, but i can not find if this combination is
explicitly disallowed.

Mark.
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 22:36:43 +0100

>would be unbuffered-cached, but i can not find if this combination is

I think that translates to writethrough cached on architectures where that's 
supported.

p.