Subject: Re: Keyboard wrongly kbdconfig'ed

From: Richard Atterer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 22:52:26 +0200

In article <[email-masked]>
    Eduard Pfarr <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I tried to install a German key map with Armlinux on a RiscPC. [snip]
> Well, the keyboard layout didn't changed but since the next reboot (or
> re-login?) all the keys have been mapped wrongly. So I can't type
> anything. Funny.

<AOL>Me too!</AOL>

The supplied keymap files use PC low-level codes. I've adapted one to
use the RiscPC codes. [Mailed it to Eduard.]

> Is there a way to go back to the original key map, maybe with the
> »!Linux - bootkernel« extra command line?

I don't know - but why don't you boot from floppy disc and change the
files back once the installer lets you?

[snip]

*HOWEVER*, even if you get a German keymap working, you'll find Alt
doesn't have any effect under X... Lack of responses from Russell seems
to suggest that changes to ARM X11 are required to fix this. :-|

Cheers,

  Richard

-- 
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer
  | \/¯|  http://home.augsburg.baynet.de/richard.atterer/      raFS V1.13
  ¯ ´` ¯
... RiscPC II - the best thing since sliced computers.
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]