Subject: Re: Compiling(Was: Missing libraries)

From: "Samuel Kock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 11:00:50 +0200

>Which version of Chimera are you trying to build?  The latest 2.1 version
>should compile, whereas the 2.0 versions don't contain any ARM patches.

And you get the ARM patches where? For that matter, where do you get chimera
as well? I forgot the URL.

I also have a few other questions, having dug out my ARM Linux hardddrive
this weekend and getting my Internet connection going. Thanks to whoever put
pppsetup on his web site! OK, not all the questions pertain to Internet, but
I digress..

1) Where can I get the utilities tracert and nslookup for ARMlinux? I cannot
find them. I thought they come with ping, telnet, etc. but it seems not like
it.
2) I am trying to get pine to compile under ArmLinux. And it does not work.
I cannot get remember the exact error message, but it bombs out when trying
to compile the c-client and imap stuff. About the only thing that does
compile is pico (the editor). Of course, if someone can reccomend a
graphical mail reader that can handle IMAP4 that is available for Armlinux,
it would be appreciated... I tried exmh, to no avail... I suppose pine would
need some patching, or not? It is version 3.91.
3) I cannot set my ARMLinux clock! When I tryo to do it via the control
panel, it tells me that a program ismissing. Anybody have that program and
can send it to me? I forgot the name.
4) Does anybody know if Afterstep works on ARMlinux? Or does it also have
the ELF troubles?
5) I see that kernel 2.0.35 is released. Any changes over 2.0.34?
6) Last but not least: When I try to mount an ADFS harddrive, It mounts
fine, but as soon as I try to copy stuff from the ADFS drive to Linux, the
system hangs, and I have to reset. It works fine when I mount DOS stiffy
drives, so... also , I cannot mount my 4Gb drive. It completes the moun
command successfully, but when I go to the mount point, it is empty. Any
help would be appreciated.

My system is SA RISCPC 24+1Mb RAM, 4Gb drive (ADFS) 520Mb drive (Linux),
plus USR 56K modem.

Hope this is enough information. If you need anymore, mail me.

Regards

Samuel Kock
....---

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]