Subject: linux partitions

From: Catharine Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 10:40:05 +0100

I am having problems setting up a linux swap partition.
I am using a RISC PC 600 (but with an ARM710), and the HD I want to
install linux on is on a ICS expansion card.

I was originally using !PartMan 1.03 (May 4 1997).  The problem with
this is that it will only allow me to define the type of a partition as
'linux' and not 'linux swap' or 'linux native'. If I define my 2 linux
partitions as type 'linux', the Red Hat installer sees them both as
'linux native'.

I then decided to use a newer version of !PartMan (1.11). However, this
sees the whole drive as free, with no partitions. (Oddly, the FAQ says
that this was a problem with version 1.03.)

My last attempt was to use fdisk in the Red Hat installation to either
set up a linux swap partition, or redefine the type of one of my 'linux
native' partitions to 'linux native'. Although this appears to work at
first, the 'w' option to write this to disc does not work (I get an
error message saying that it can't write to disc yet).

Can anyone tell me how I can set up one of my partitions to be 'linux
swap'.
Cheers,
Catharine

-------------------------------------------------
Catharine Barnes
mailto:[email-masked]
Tel: 0113 220 4973
-------------------------------------------------

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]