Subject: Binary Archive && AfterStep

From: Tom Clarkson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 17:36:41 +0800 (WST)

Hi People!

Does anyone know of an archive of binaries for ArmLinux users?

I think that if there isn't one, it might be something for people to have
a think about. There are lots of pieces of software with pre-compiled x86
binaries and so on, however, they rarely have the armlinux binary!!

I have been trying to install Afterstep from the RPM and from source code,
and having trouble, and it occured to me that is anyone had already posted
the binary on an archive then I was wasting my time. 

If there is something like this already, then I'd love to know about it,
and if there isn't then it is something that might be worth setting up!

Tom  :-)

               \\|//
               (o -)
+-----------ooO-(_)-Ooo-----------+
| Tom Clarkson                    |
| University of Western Australia |
+---------------------------------+

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 11:25:50 +0100

>Does anyone know of an archive of binaries for ArmLinux users?

There are some in ftp.uk.linux.org:/pub/armlinux.  Corel and the Debian people 
both have their own binary archives.

p.

---

From: Russell King <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 13:55:54 +0100 (BST)

> both have their own binary archives.

Please use ftp.arm.uk.linux.org to refer to this, and not ftp.uk.linux.org.
It may get you to the same place *at the moment* but it may move elsewhere
at any time!

This is the point of the aliases...

--
Russell King ([email-masked])

---

From: Chris Sawer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 21:03:39 +0100

In message <Pine.SGI.3.95.980930172814.3144A-100000@sg26>

> Does anyone know of an archive of binaries for ArmLinux users?

I started one on my website (see sig), but I only ever got round to putting
one up - GXEdit, which is currently corrupted. I'll try uploading it again
when I send this e-mail.

If anyone has any useful binaries and fancies putting them together with a
short readme, I'm happy to put them up on my website.

> the binary on an archive then I was wasting my time.

What is afterstep? (excuse my ignorance if it's famous) - if you e-mail me
the URL, I'll have a go at compiling it - I can't guarantee I'll be able to,
tho'.

> and if there isn't then it is something that might be worth setting up!

I'm currently in discussion with Jonathan Balls about setting one up - we'll
let you know if anything comes of this.

Chris

-- 
  Chris Sawer - Worthing, Sussex, England
    http://members.xoom.com/chrissawer/
E-Mail: [email-masked],  ICQ: 15010147
    PGP public key available on request
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]