Subject: Re: Again toolchain building problems

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 18:07:33 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 13 Mar 1999, Russell King - ARM Linux Admin wrote:

> e-Fred writes:
> > for all configure commands, I'm using a syntax like this in my case
> > (native tool chain)
> > 
> > ./configure arm-linux --prefix=/usr
> > 
> > binutils compilation proceed and link without errors, using the initial
> > GCC and binutils from armlinux distrib. (a.out format) good !
> 
> The binutils should not have overwritten your a.out binutils.  The ELF
> stuff should be named arm-linux-as, arm-linux-ar, arm-linux-ld etc.

This is only true for a cross toolset.  Frederic configured for a native
installation in which case the tools will indeed install as /usr/bin/as
etc.  I believe they should still go into /usr/arm-linux/bin/.. as well
though, and conversely the a.out gcc should still be able to find its
tools in /usr/arm-linuxaout/bin/.

p.

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]