Subject: Ghostscript problem

From: Richard Atterer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 15:49:33 +0200

Hello,

Ghostscript as supplied in ghostscript-2.6.2-5.arm.rpm doesn't seem to
work for me. When invoked, it prints "Initializing..." and then crashes
with a segmentation fault. This also happens if I try to use it via
Ghostview. Is this just me or do others have the same problem?

I'm using the 2.0.35 kernel on a SA RiscPC.

Cheers,

  Richard

-- 
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer
  | \/¯|  http://home.augsburg.baynet.de/richard.atterer/      raFS V1.13
  ¯ ´` ¯
... I'm sure it's in the PRMs somewhere...
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Stefan Hanske <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 15:48:37 +0200 (METDST)

> I'm using the 2.0.35 kernel on a SA RiscPC.

I got the same problem. You can use gs directly if you specify any other 
output device than the X11 display. So, if you want to render some page, 
specify i.e. the jpeg device and an output file and watch it with xv. 
That's the only way I got it doing anything at all.

----------------------------------------------------------
|mailto: Stefan Hanske ([email-masked] |
|WWW : http://www.rzuser.uni-heidelberg.de/~shanske      |
|phone: I'm not silly                                    |
|--------------------------------------------------------|
| And don't forget to remember what you remembered not   |
| to forget to remember...				 |
----------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 19:48:49 +0100 (BST)

> That's the only way I got it doing anything at all.

Ok, so what are the exact conditions that this happens?  Could you give
the exact command line please?
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.uk.linux.org/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Richard Atterer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 21:43:16 +0200

In article <[email-masked]>
    Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Ok, so what are the exact conditions that this happens?  Could you
> give the exact command line please?

It happens always, and any command line will do, even just "gs".

  Richard

-- 
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer
  | \/¯|  http://home.augsburg.baynet.de/richard.atterer/      raFS V1.13
  ¯ ´` ¯
... Buy Acorn - our OS is never tested on animals!
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]