Subject: Chimera v 2.a09

From: Rob Davis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 13:53:04 +0100

I'm still trying to get Chimera to compile.  It's complaining
about missing libraries, these seem to be in 
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/arm-unknown-linuxaout/2.7.2.2
How do I get this included in the paths?
-- 
Rob Davis                OAC Ministries, British Registered Charity, 295432
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homepage: http://www.oac.u-net.com    Mobile: 0973 359577 (SMS welcome)
[email-masked] or [email-masked] to phone

* The box said "For Windows 95 or better", so I'm using an Acorn. *
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Rob Davis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 20:37:55 +0100

In message <[email-masked]>

> How do I get this included in the paths?

Got it working now by putting a symbolic link in to
gcc-lib  arm-linux-aout to armlinux, and 2.6.0 to 2.7.1.1
There must be a file somewhere that explains what paths
to look fir headers in that I can edit?

---

From: Matthew Wilcox <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 02:38:51 +0200

> to look fir headers in that I can edit? 

Mmmm... you're possibly doing something slightly wrong; I'm not entirely
sure why it's looking for `armlinux' instead of `arm-linux-aout'.  Did you
perhaps specify `armlinux' as a configuration option somewhere?  If you run
`gcc -v sourcefile.c', you get all sorts of juicy information, such as..
#include "..." search starts here:
#include <...> search starts here:
 /usr/local/include
 /usr/i486-linux/include
 /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/2.7.2.3/include
 /usr/include
End of search list.

Bear in mind you can use -I to specify include file paths and -L to
specify library paths.  I still think it's a configuration problem
somewhere, though I'm mystified why it's trying the 2.6.0 version of
the compiler.  It might be bogus cruft lying around.

-- 
Matthew Wilcox <[email-masked]>
"I decry the current tendency to seek patents on algorithms.  There are
better ways to earn a living than to prevent other people from making use of
one's contributions to computer science."  -- Donald E. Knuth, TAoCP vol 3
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]