Subject: news from the bleeding edge

From: Matthew Wilcox <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 17:50:51 +0100 (BST)

There's been some worrying about whether Linux 2.2 would be able to run
on 4MB machines.  The consensus had been that it wouldn't and it wasn't
worth worrying about.  However, thanks to some work by Bill Hawes,
someone's booted their machine in 3MB, so people with 4MB ARM boxes
should just about be able to cope (the 32k page size is a killer here)

It seems that Linus is not willing to add new-feature patches without
good reason.  This includes my nifty little hack which will make it
possible to install on an ADFS drive without repartitioning.  To convince
him it's worth adding, I'd like people to mail me requesting this feature
to be added so I can show the demand.

Thanks.

-- 
Set Alias$Case Set Alias$[ |||| |MSet Alias$Otherwise Set Alias$[ \ Matthew
"" |MSet Alias$When If %0=%%0 Then Set Alias$[ "" ||MIf %0=%%0    \ Wilcox
Then Set Alias$Otherwise Set Alias$[ |||||||||||||||| ||MIf       \
%0=%%0 Then Set Alias$When Set Alias$[ ||||||||||||||||
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]