Subject: Where is /usr/include/linux ?

From: Peter Teichmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 20:55:20 +0100

Hi there,

today I tried to compile some software, but found that the complete
directory /usr/include/linux is missing. (For instance,
/usr/include/errno.h wants to include <linux/errno.h>)
I looked at our university login server running under RedHat linux,
there are a lot of files in /usr/include/linux. So did I forget to
install something? How to fix this?

Peter Teichmann

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Email: [email-masked]  WWW: rcswww.urz.tu-dresden.de/~teich-p

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Dana K Scully <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 10:36:28 +0100

> Peter Teichmann

You need to symlink it.  Try searching the archive at
http://www.findmail.com/list/linux-arm/

This should probably be in the FAQ, most ppl seem to ask it at some point.

L

* Never replace a successful experiment.
-- 
 |        |\/|         / BSc (Hons) Chemistry (So'ton), ZFC A (Sc)
 |__esley |  |itchell / [email-masked]
 
 A woman of many talents. :)
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Dana K Scully <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 10:49:03 +0100

> > Peter Teichmann

I'm sorry I'll try replying again, since I missed out half the information
I wanted to give.

You need to install the linux source code for your kernel (from
http://www.kernel.org/) and patch it with the latest ARM patch (for the
kernel version, from http://www.arm.uk.linux.org/).  Then you can symlink
/usr/include/linux to this.

Someone explained this in more detail previously.  So do try searching the
mailing list archive at http://www.findmail.com/list/linux-arm/.

L

* Proposals, as understood by the proposer, will be judged otherwise by others.
-- 
 |        |\/|         / BSc (Hons) Chemistry (So'ton), ZFC A (Sc)
 |__esley |  |itchell / [email-masked]

---

From: "Hugh Nimmo-Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 19:37:54 +0100

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked]
> [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Peter Teichmann
> Sent: 17 July 1998 20:55
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Where is /usr/include/linux ?
>
>
> Hi there,
>

Possibly due tot he kernel source not being included in the distribution?
There's a link from the website to get the kernel source and relevant
patches, I believe.

But really I have no idea and am just guessing ;-))

BFN,

Hugh

--
Hugh Nimmo-Smith
[email-masked]

---

From: Paul Vigay <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 21:06:49 +0100

Having read the FAQ to find out why my installation of Linux won't work, I
found out it's because I have more than 24Mbytes of RAM and it says I need
an updated module or something.

Does anyone know where I can download this from?

cheers

-- 
Paul Vigay                                           Acorn Programming,
                                    __\\|//__       Internet Consultancy
http://www.vigay.mcmail.com         (` o-o ')           & Web Design
-----------------------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo---------------------------

The horror, the horror!

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 21:30:40 +0100 (BST)

> Does anyone know where I can download this from?

The FTP site. ftp://ftp.arm.uk.linux.org/pub/armlinux/distrib/RedHat/RPMS/modules-2.0.0-*.arm.rpm,
where '*' is the largest numbered one there.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.uk.linux.org/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |
 --------------------- Email-relevent MINI FAQ ----------------------
 Installer keys   : ALT-F1 installer, ALT-F2 shell, ALT-F3 installer
                    messages, ALT-F4 kernel messages
 Ether3/B problems: try latest 2.0.34 kernel and root disk.
 --------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Ian Molton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 20:59:17 +0100

> There's a link from the website to get the kernel source and relevant

Isnt it time they were in the distrib ?

-- 
-Ian aka Lennier
Acorn Computers, the best in the world
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hawk/
BaBe - Womens human rights organisation in Croatia
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hawk/babe/
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]