Subject: ppa.o (precomiled module)

From: Chris Sawer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 16:23:18 +0100

Hello,

I am trying to get my friend's parallel port zip drive working under
ArmLinux. I didn't have a lot of luck when I compiled support into the
kernel, so am trying to use the precomiled module "ppa.o" for 2.0.34 under
the precomiled 2.0.34 kernel (on a SA RPC).

I am trying to run the module using "insmod ppa.o base=0x278" as stated in
the FAQ, but the whole system just crashes and I need to reboot using the
reset button.

Am I doing something wrong, or could there be an incompatibility between
ppa.o and my system?

Any help is much appreciated,

Chris

-- 
  Chris Sawer - Worthing, Sussex, England
E-Mail: [email-masked],  ICQ: 15010147
    PGP public key available on request
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]