Subject: Brutus Linux

From: "Zsolt Kiraly" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 19:39:12 -0700

Hi Blake,

The distribution is at the following URL:

http://www.research.digital.com/wrl/people/kerr/linux-brutus.html

Make sure your board is running with the Angel 1.00, ie. the version of the
Angel Debug Monitor that comes with the distribution. Linux will not work
with Angel 1.02. If your board has the 1.02 version, you must reprogram the
flash with the older version.

You must also compile the angelboot program for your host machine. This
program has a bug which you must correct before compiling, so you don't get
'out of radix' error. This bug is somewhere around line 255 (forgot where
exactly) Where you see '>> 08', you must change that to '>> 8'.

Other than that, just follow the instructions on the above web-page.

Good luck,

Zsolt

-----Original Message-----
From: Blake Binkley <[email-masked]>
To: ARM Linux <[email-masked]>
Date: Saturday, July 18, 1998 5:11 PM
Subject: Correction EBSA110 instructions/binaries

Want to try to get it working on the brutus board

Blake Binkley

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]