Subject: Kernel v2.1.78

From: Stefan Hanske <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 21:02:27 +0200 (METDST)

Hi Russel,

I've tried to compile the kernel 2.1.78 and as is seems the changes in
arch/arm/kernel/head/armv.S and arch/arm/kernel/setup.c to support strange
ARM710 types have not yet made it there :-)

----------------------------------------------------------
|mailto: Stefan Hanske ([email-masked] |
|WWW : http://www.rzuser.uni-heidelberg.de/~shanske      |
|phone: I'm not silly                                    |
|--------------------------------------------------------|
| And don't forget to remember what you remembered not   |
| to forget to remember...				 |
----------------------------------------------------------

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 22:42:35 +0100

>ARM710 types have not yet made it there :-)

2.1.78 predates those changes by quite a long way.  Try one of the later 
kernels (2.1.108 or so).

p.

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 22:22:59 +0100 (BST)

> ARM710 types have not yet made it there :-)

Erm.

Erm.

Erm?

Why are you using 2.1.78?  The latest development kernel
(which works more-or-less) is 2.1.108.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.uk.linux.org/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |
 --------------------- Email-relevent MINI FAQ ----------------------
 Installer keys   : ALT-F1 installer, ALT-F2 shell, ALT-F3 installer
                    messages, ALT-F4 kernel messages
 Ether3/B problems: try latest 2.0.34 kernel and root disk.
 --------------------------------------------------------------------