Subject: Using 2.1.x kernels

From: Richard Simpson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 15:03:23 +0100 (GMT)

Hello,

I wonder if someone could clarify the current position with respect to 2.1
kernels by answering the following questions.

1) Precisely what compilers and other utilities do I require in order to
sucessfully compile a 2.1 kernel on my RiscPC and where do I find these
files.  I have had a look round the FTP site and found various patches for
gcc and the like which look like they might be to do with this, but it is
not clear precisely which files I should patch with them. 

2) How well do the current 2.1 kernels work on the RiscPC.  If I manage to
compile the kernel, can I expect it to at least boot and let me log in?

In short, I am looking for a step by step guide to getting a 2.1 kernel
running on my RiscPC.

Thanks,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Richard Simpson
Farnborough, Hants, Uk                 Fax: 01252 392976
[email-masked]

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]