Subject: Partitioning a SCSI Drive

From: Hendrik den Hartog <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 18:19:01 +1200 (GMT)

Help, Just as I thought I had everything worked out ready to go, I've hit
a brick wall.
All the instructions for installing Arm linux seem pitched to installing
on a IDE drive - therefore I had no trouble with this - but - I now
want to install Arm Linux onto [half of] my SCSI drive, and can't get
!PartMan to recognise/see the 'spare' half of my drive. 

Has anyone a method for partitioning and then formating a SCSI drive 
50/50 ADFS/Linux? 

(Using a Cumana SCSI II card/Quantum HD/SA RiscPC . Previously the drive
 has been totally used for ADFS / set up via Cumana's SCSI Manager)

Cheers!
Hendrik
-- 
   Hendrik den Hartog- Pasadena Intermediate School- Auckland- NZ

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Stefan Hanske <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 19:20:07 +0200 (METDST)

> Has anyone a method for partitioning and then formating a SCSI drive 

I could get Linux ext2 partitions onto my scsi drive by formatting it 
with scsidm to a shared disc (RiscOS & RiscIX). The kernel (V2.0.33 I've 
tested) should be able to read the partition table correctly and is able 
to access the partitions nativly.
I don't know if !Linux recognizes this partition table (only important if 
the SCSI HD contains the root partition), if not to get around this you 
could modify !Linux.!Run to -bootkernel automatically.

----------------------------------------------------------
|mailto: Stefan Hanske ([email-masked] |
|WWW : http://www.rzuser.uni-heidelberg.de/~shanske      |
|phone: I'm not silly                                    |
|--------------------------------------------------------|
| And don't forget to remember what you remembered not   |
| to forget to remember...				 |
----------------------------------------------------------