Subject: more ELF

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 12:29:24 +0100

It turns out that 2.1 kernels at least have ELF_EXEC_PAGESIZE set to 32768, 
which causes file mappings to go wrong.  I think it needs to be set to 4096 
for the current ELF toolchain and 32-bit machines.  There's no point trying 
to make the binary pagesize compatible with MEMC machines, because 32-bit 
code will never run on those machines anyway and other hacks will probably be 
needed in the binutils to avoid the double-mapping problem.

I think this change should be enough to get dynamic-linked user-space ELF 
running.  2.0 kernels may have the same problem.

p.

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 16:26:51 +0100 (BST)

> which causes file mappings to go wrong.  I think it needs to be set to 4096 

It would seem logical, wouldn't it! ;)
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.uk.linux.org/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]