Subject: glibc2 problems

From: Stefan Hanske <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 17:11:55 +0200 (METDST)

I finally managed to compile glibc2 & everything else that is needed. To 
get rid of the unresolved symbols errors I had to modify 
sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/pread64.c, pwrite64.c, sysctl.c to return ENOSYS 
or emulate the syscalls cause I couldn't find them in my v2.0.34 kernel 
includes.

Next thing is that I can't run any elf binary produced by binutils 
2.9.1.0.6, gcc 2.8.1 and glibc 2.0.94. I always gives me a memory 
violation at adress 0x3250 (or somewhere around that, it's always the 
same adress). I suspect the crt*.S files (maybe wrong adressing mode 
somewhere) or the binutils (have forgotten the base adress???).

I think it's still before loading the dynamic linker (no 
uselib(../ld-linux.so.2) in strace output).

Someone's got problems like that???
Has the glibc-"support" moved???

----------------------------------------------------------
|mailto: Stefan Hanske ([email-masked] |
|WWW : http://www.rzuser.uni-heidelberg.de/~shanske      |
|phone: I'm not silly                                    |
|--------------------------------------------------------|
| And don't forget to remember what you remembered not   |
| to forget to remember...				 |
----------------------------------------------------------
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]