Subject: RPC700 wont boot

From: Ian Molton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 1998 23:56:00 +0100

Hi there.

I'm also trying to install ARM linux on an RPC 700.

It boots, then the screen turns black, and I get some little purple dots,
followed by some flahing colums of dots in the midlle of the screen, which
then move over to the right hand side...

any ideas ?

Ta

-- 
-Ian aka Lennier
Acorn Computers, the best in the world
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hawk/
BaBe - Womens human rights organisation in Croatia
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hawk/babe/

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Phil Norman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 11:17:14 +0100 (BST)

> then move over to the right hand side...

This is because armlinux is not a happy bunny when it comes to deep 
colour modes.  Make sure you're in a 256-colour (or lower) screen mode 
and THEN boot.  This is probably in the FAQ, and if (as it seems) you're 
planning to install armlinux on many machines, it might be a good idea to 
get hold of the FAQ; any common problems you have will probably be there, 
with solutions.

Bye,
Phil

-- 
Rule of programming #1: Everything that can go wrong will go wrong,
	except when you're running the debugger.

Phil Norman, mailing from Exeter University.
email:	[email-masked]
URL:	http://newton.ex.ac.uk/general/ug/norman