Subject: Installing on A5k

From: Ian Molton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 14:40:03 +0100

Hi there

I was told that to install ARM linux on an A5k i'd need to 'do a mkswap and
a swapon' by someone.

Well, I would, but I dont have a clue how to!

I've been told to try the FAQ etc. but cant find anything helpful

anyone got any ideas?

Ta!

-- 
-Ian aka Lennier
Acorn Computers, the best in the world
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hawk/
BaBe - Womens human rights organisation in Croatia
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hawk/babe/

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 15:30:42 +0100

>I was told that to install ARM linux on an A5k i'd need to 'do a mkswap and

mkswap and swapon are both binaries that live in /bin or /sbin and have manual 
pages.  You just do

# mkswap /dev/...
# swapon /dev/...

giving the name of your swap partition.

p.