Subject: More linux

From: Ian Molton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 15:21:51 +0100

Sorry if thi appeared before, but I still cant get anywhere compiling
things on Linux - it cant find the libraries.

I tried the solution(s) in the mailinglist Archives, but it still wont go.

I'm running kernel 2.0.34

what /exactly/ needs doing to make it go?

Thanks!

-- 
-Ian aka Lennier
Acorn Computers, the best in the world
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hawk/
BaBe - Womens human rights organisation in Croatia
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hawk/babe/

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 16:41:32 +0100

>what /exactly/ needs doing to make it go?

What /exactly/ goes wrong?  Any number of things might be the problem.

p.

---

From: Stefan Hanske <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 11:31:16 +0200 (METDST)

> what /exactly/ needs doing to make it go?

Make sure you have installed *all* rpms that belong to gcc, the 
arm-aout-libs* and all rpms with 'devel' (for development) in the 
filename. But this are still not all of the libs available in the world. 
Some programs depend on libs like Motiv v1.2 or higher, Qt or something 
else that's not available for ARMLinux. Have a look at the README to see 
if it depends on non-standard libraries, the /usr/lib & /usr/X11R6/lib
 dirs and try to compile the missing libraries yourself (in most of the cases 
this will be static libs since we still have no 100% working ELF support).

----------------------------------------------------------
|mailto: Stefan Hanske ([email-masked] |
|WWW : http://www.rzuser.uni-heidelberg.de/~shanske      |
|phone: I'm not silly                                    |
|--------------------------------------------------------|
| And don't forget to remember what you remembered not   |
| to forget to remember...				 |
----------------------------------------------------------