Subject: Linux compiling wierdness...

From: Ian Molton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 02:15:49 +0100

Ok, I couldnt solve this one, so I saved it to disc and thought I'd post it
here - I just tried to compile Circlemud 3-bpl13 out of the box, and got
the following:-

make ../bin/circle
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/circle/src'
gcc -c -g -O2 -Wall  comm.c
In file included from /usr/arm-unknown-linuxaout/include/stdlib.h:42,
                 from sysdep.h:108,
                 from comm.c:14:
/usr/include/errno.h:27: linux/errno.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [comm.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/circle/src'
make: *** [all] Error 2
[root@delenn src]#

Any idea whats going on?

compiling wget 1.5.1 seems to give similar results... however, I can get
helloworld running most satisfactorily :)

-- 
-Ian aka Lennier
Acorn Computers, the best in the world
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hawk/
BaBe - Womens human rights organisation in Croatia
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hawk/babe/

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Matthew Wilcox <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 11:43:28 +0100 (BST)

Ian Molton
> /usr/include/errno.h:27: linux/errno.h: No such file or directory

This one's come up before on the mailing list.  Would people mind checking
the archives before posting?  The problem is that you don't have kernel
headers installed.  Either install a kernel-headers package which just
installs the headers, or install the kernel source and make the following
symlinks:

/usr/include/linux -> /usr/src/linux/include/linux
/usr/include/asm -> /usr/src/linux/include/asm-arm
/usr/include/scsi -> /usr/src/linux/include/scsi

The three mailing list archives that Russell is aware of are linked to
from http://www.arm.uk.linux.org/~rmk/armlinux.html

-- 
Set Alias$Case Set Alias$[ |||| |MSet Alias$Otherwise Set Alias$[ \ Matthew
"" |MSet Alias$When If %0=%%0 Then Set Alias$[ "" ||MIf %0=%%0    \ Wilcox
Then Set Alias$Otherwise Set Alias$[ |||||||||||||||| ||MIf       \
%0=%%0 Then Set Alias$When Set Alias$[ ||||||||||||||||
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]