Subject: RE: Installing - phase 3 (the saga continues!)

From: Simon Ogilvie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 21:29:30 +0100

Dave Gilbert wrote:
>OK so you have /bin/csh; try executing
>
>/sbin/insmod /lib/modules/misc/fpem.o
>(I think!)
>and see what it says.

Aha!  That gives the same crash and stack dump as I get
on normal bootup.
 
>See if you can mount /proc and see /proc/modules to see if the fpem is
>mounted.
Unfortunately I haven't managed to get the system to boot 
with both an alternate shell AND with the disk rw.  I can get
one or the other but not both.  Of course if I get rw, I also
get the machine stiffed, so I can't change the default root
shell in the passwd file, or remove the fpem.o file.

Where does that get me?  Did I do something wrong on the
installation to get to this problem?

Simon.

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 22:37:58 +0100

>Aha!  That gives the same crash and stack dump as I get

What is fpem.o a symlink to?  If it's the 2.xx version of the emulator then 
you're certainly heading for trouble.  If it's the correct (4.xx) one then 
that's a bit more strange.

p.