Subject: loadmap config

From: Stefan Hanske <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 20:27:56 +0200 (METDST)

Hi, I've just upgraded to 32MB RAM and I know about the insmod problem. 
The question I have is the following:

How do I get !Linux to accept the 'args = " mem=16M "' flag in 
/etc/boot.conf ???? (I've run loadmap after applying the changes.)

I've looked in /boot/boot.map and it appears there. But after a restart 
insmod *will fail again*. So I've to type mem=16M every time I boot to 
ARMLinux.

----------------------------------------------------------
|mailto: Stefan Hanske ([email-masked] |
|WWW : http://www.rzuser.uni-heidelberg.de/~shanske      |
|phone: I'm not silly                                    |
|--------------------------------------------------------|
| And don't forget to remember what you remembered not   |
| to forget to remember...				 |
----------------------------------------------------------

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 22:06:49 +0100 (BST)

> /etc/boot.conf ???? (I've run loadmap after applying the changes.)

Two options:

1.  Use the Alpha !Linux loader
2.  Give mem=16M on the 'Extra arguments: ' line after selecting the
    kernel from !Linux's menu.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.uk.linux.org/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |