Subject: Re: ELF

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 13:50:00 +0100

>They come from the .c source. There are only two files causing this
>problem, so this is not too serious. (I don't remember the name of the
>second one, sorry) I have a patch to solve this, I might bring it
>tomorow.

Oh yes, I remember now.  I fixed that at one point but the patch must have 
gotten lost.  Sorry.

>There was also a problem in clone.S, which contains at the same time new
>version and old version of itself ...

Yes, that was my fault.

p.

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Vincent PENNE <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 17:43:05 +0200

> >version and old version of itself ...

However, after having fixed these three problems, it still doesn't work
: I cannot BUILD libc.so, when doing this the linker report many
multiple of undefined symbols. Might your last patch to binutils solve
this, or is there another problem. I'll try to think to bring the exact
error message of ld tomorrow, if it can help you ...
I am working under kernel v2.0.33, and it is able to execute ld.so
(which is reported as being an ELF executable), does this mean that ELF
should work under my kernel, or do I need to go on 2.1.something in
order to make really this work. Could my undefined symbol problem come
from the use of a wrong kernel version ??
Finally, last question, are you building all this under arm-linux, or
are you cross-compiling from an other type machine ? 

 Vincent.