Subject: Configuring resolver

From: Tony Houghton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 20:30:47 +0100

I thought I'd have a go at setting up a dial-up PPP connection today,
but I don't know how to configure /etc/hosts.conf. The resolver and
resolv+ man pages are missing. According to rpm -q the man and man-pages
RPMs are not installed, but according to rpm -i they are. Even after rpm
-i --force the pages I want are still missing.

-- 
  \_________________
                    \  http://homepages.tcp.co.uk/~tonyh/
   The Curling Pages \ The home of WinEd, Bombz and POPstar for RISC OS
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Matthew Wilcox <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 21:53:56 +0100 (BST)

Tony Houghton
> -i --force the pages I want are still missing.

Hmm.  I don't have an armlinux box to hand, did you try `man 5 host.conf'?
you could download the manpages RPM from the latest RedHat distrib (5.1,
i believe) and install that.  Failing that, the local /etc/host.conf is
set to:

order hosts,bind
multi on

-- 
Set Alias$Case Set Alias$[ |||| |MSet Alias$Otherwise Set Alias$[ \ Matthew
"" |MSet Alias$When If %0=%%0 Then Set Alias$[ "" ||MIf %0=%%0    \ Wilcox
Then Set Alias$Otherwise Set Alias$[ |||||||||||||||| ||MIf       \
%0=%%0 Then Set Alias$When Set Alias$[ ||||||||||||||||
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 22:11:37 +0100

>but I don't know how to configure /etc/hosts.conf. The resolver and

Presumably you mean /etc/host.conf.  It's pretty simple,  You probably want 
something along the lines of...

	order hosts,bind
	multi on

(assuming hosts.conf isn't some weird libc4 thing I've forgotten about...)

p.

---

From: Tony Houghton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 00:07:40 +0100

In message <[email-masked]>

> something along the lines of...

What I meant was resolv.conf. But I found a couple of good HOW-TOs on
sunsite, so that shouldn't be a problem now ...If only I get the modules
problem sorted :-(.