Subject: ghostscript and ghostview under X

From: Vincent PENNE <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 12:19:25 +0200

Does anyone can use ghostscript under X without crashing ? For me it
crashes at once when I run it ... It gives the same result with the
precompiled version in the distribution and one that I compiled myself
.... Might there be a problem in the X libraries ? Are there several
version of the X libraries ?

-- 
/==========================================================\
|     Vincent PENNE,          Centre de Physique Theorique |
|Tel. (0033)4 91 26 95 04       CNRS - LUMINY - Case 907   |
|Fax. (0033)4 91 26 95 53      F-13288 MARSEILLE CEDEX 9   |
|Email: [email-masked]          FRANCE              |
|http://www.cpt.univ-mrs.fr                                |
\==========================================================/
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Phil Norman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 12:09:26 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 2 Jun 1998, Vincent PENNE wrote:

> ... Might there be a problem in the X libraries ? Are there several

I'm having a similar problem.  I remember when I tried setting up 
..xinitrc ages ago I used GhostView to see what the arguments to xv were 
(to put a piccy on the backdrop) and it worked fine, but after my 
reinstall (about the 10th time I've reinstalled armlinux - I'm getting 
good at it now) GhostView stopped working - it comes up with an error 
'Error while formatting page' or some such.  So I had to work out the 
arguments myself by trial and error :-(.

Also, I tried fiddling with xpaint this morning (I was bored) and I 
noticed I can't type anything into the dialogue box which pops up when 
you click on the item off the File menu which creates a new canvas with 
given dimensions.

Bye for now,
Phil

-- 
Rule of programming #3: The number of bugs which exist in a program is
	approximately equal to the square of the number of bugs which
	you think exist.

Phil Norman, mailing from Exeter University.
email:	[email-masked]
URL:	http://newton.ex.ac.uk/general/ug/norman