Subject: Installing

From: Simon Ogilvie <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 20:30:08 +0100

Sorry to ask basic questions, but I'm having trouble with a new
install...

I put a new IDE disk in my machine yesterday with a view to running
both RiscOS and ARMLinux from it.  I partitioned it as per the Linux
installation instructions, and got a Linux kernel booting successfully.
I've now got to the RedHat installation program and have got stuck.
The installation instructions from Russell's web site are a bit vague
at this point, and the instructions I got from Phil Norman's web site
about installing off the Clan CD don't help here either, as it doesn't
tell you how to get from the X-Files installation on the CD to a ZIP
archive.

I've got the RedHat/base files on the RiscOS partition, but the
installer
refuses to accept that I have a correct installation tree.

What's the correct way to go about this?  The RiscOS partition is
working
fine by the way, and if I <Alt-F2> out of the installer I can mount it
and
the Linux partition without any problems, so the disk must be OK.

Any help to get over this would be very gratefully received!

Thanks,
Simon.

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]