Subject: Re: Installing on A5k

From: [email-masked] ("scijmoz")
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 98 22:31:46

On Sun 14 Jun 98 (13:25:57 +0100), [email-masked] wrote:
>BTW I have 8 MB RAM, I have never tried installaing with less than 8, 
>please let me know if it works.
>
I think memory is the problem,I have only 4mb but you are supposed to be able
to make 4mb work.

If any one has a solution to this please abvise.

Thankyou
John Hayes

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Stefan Hanske <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 16:53:46 +0200 (METDST)

> If any one has a solution to this please abvise.

I one managed it in conjunction with the previous linux release... I 
installed it (on partition files), made a boot disk with nothing but a 
shell, libc & mkswap on it and modified the normal bootdiscs to run 
swapon before anything else. But it's quite a long time ago and I don't 
know exactly how the last thing worked. It was quite a pain. (I think I 
had a disk that started swapon & dropped me into a shell, I had to start 
the second stage install manually and sometimes got error messages saying 
"Yor're running me on a live system - Thats incredibly stupid" from it)

----------------------------------------------------------
|mailto: Stefan Hanske ([email-masked] |
|WWW : http://www.rzuser.uni-heidelberg.de/~shanske      |
|phone: I'm not silly                                    |
|--------------------------------------------------------|
| And don't forget to remember what you remembered not   |
| to forget to remember...				 |
----------------------------------------------------------