Subject: AAAARGH!

From: Ian Molton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 08:37:06 +0100

Ok - I just cocked up the modules thing with the knackered insmod.

I cant reduce my machine to sub 32Mb, so could someone tell me /how/ to
tell the kernel I only have 16Megs of memory?

Perhaps the FAQ should say /how/ to do this?

Ta!

-- 
-Ian aka Lennier
Acorn Computers, the best in the world
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hawk/
BaBe - Womens human rights organisation in Croatia
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hawk/babe/

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 10:48:35 +0100

>tell the kernel I only have 16Megs of memory?

Try adding a `mem=...' option to the command line.

p.