Subject: Re: Has anyone got the Ether3 driver working on an A5k

From: Ian Jeffray <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 12:19:48 +0100

Chris Pringle writes:
> Has anyone got the ether3 driver to work on the A5000. Every time I do
> an insmod I just get a :> initialization of ether3 failed.
> All help is appreciated. Thanks

Newer Ether3's (based on NQ80C04A) do not work properly with the
linux ether3 driver - I'm currently awaiting driver docs so that
I can remedy the driver.  This is not just an A5000 problem.
So far, I've managed to get mine to bootp, but larger transfers
still fail.

With kernel 2.0.34 the kernel even says the ethercard RAM is
faulty!  Odd.

Ian.

-- 
   ___ 
  (o o)   Ian Jeffray -  Software Engineer - Panasonic OWL
 (  V  )  Mail@Work: [email-masked]  Mail@Home: [email-masked]
/--m-m-   Web: http://www.eh.org/~ian  Phone: 0378 392 963
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]