Subject: Cross compiling ARMLinux from a PC

From: Ben Dooks <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 20:06:58 +0100

I'm trying to setup my linux based PC to compile an ARMLinux kernel
from the 2.0.33 sources. I've unpacked the kernel, patched it, compiled
binutils and gcc 2.7.2.2 to compile for arm-linuxaout. I've put the
include files supplied into /usr/arm-unknown-linuxaout/include. I
cannot get the kernel to compile. It barfs on binfmt_aout.c saying
that SEGMENT_SIZE is undefined. 

There are also problems with warnings about the typing of memcmp and
memcpy. 

Anyone had any experience with this?

-- 
Ben

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 1998 21:54:13 +0100

>There are also problems with warnings about the typing of memcmp and

You can ignore those safely.

>Anyone had any experience with this?

I cross-compile kernels all the time (albeit 2.1 series) without any problem.
It certainly ought to work.

p.