Subject: Installing ARMlinux

From: Ian Molton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 1998 15:47:36 +0100

I have been trying to install ARMlinux...

I have a SA RPC, with a Powertec SCSI III interface. I noticed the powertec
card isnt supported, but I thought I'd try anyway, hoping the powertec SCSI
II driver would suffice.

Anyhow, I can get as far as the redhad SCSI installation screen, but cant
detect my card. Is there any way of fooling it, or will it not work at all?

The new alpha !Partman worked a treat on my ex SUN 2.5 Gb Seagate
barracuda.

Thanks,

-- 
-Ian aka Lennier
Acorn Computers, the best in the world
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hawk/
BaBe - Womens human rights organisation in Croatia
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hawk/babe/

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 1998 16:01:00 +0100

>detect my card. Is there any way of fooling it, or will it not work at all?

Depends how similar the two cards are.  If they're actually compatible then 
you can fool it but it would probably involve hacking the driver (which leaves 
you in a bit of a chicken and egg situation...).  But the chances are they're 
sufficiently different that this wouldn't work and you'd have to write a new 
driver.

p.