Subject: Terminal Problems

From: Dan Todd <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 11:25:50 +0000

Hello,

I seem to get 'broken' characters when I have, say, 50 lines.  I'm
finding this hard to explain.  By broken I mean some pixels are way out
compared to the others, making the text unreadable.  I use a 800x600x256
screen mode on an AKF60. If I change screen size before running Linux,
the number of good lines at any time changes also. I'm not using the
latest kernal, as I would like to know if it is a problem with my
machine (which I'm having many), with my configuration, or something
I've done wrong.

-- 
Dan Todd

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: matthew <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 14:00:44 +0100

> ----------
> From: 	Dan Todd[SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Sent: 	Tuesday, June 09, 1998 12:25 PM
> To: 	[email-masked]
> Subject: 	Terminal Problems
> 
> Hello,
> 
It sounds like you are running an old version of the kernel - if you
have 1Mb of VRAM (I'm assuming you have a Risc PC here) there was a bug
which caused garbage to be displayed once the screen wrapped past a
certain boundary.

Which version of the kernel are you using, and when did you get it - the
latest that I can successfully run on my 1Mb VRAM machine is 2.0.33 (I
haven't tried any 2.0.34 kernels yet).