Subject: libdl.a ?

From: Vincent PENNE <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 1998 18:02:27 +0200

I have succesfully compiled Mesa (which provides OpenGL support), then I
wanted to try a 3D modeler using it. Unfortunatly, it uses dynamic
libraries loading (for plug-ins). If found libdl.so.something in /lib
and dlfctl.h (where dlopen and company are declared) in /usr/include so
it should have worked, however, when linking, the functions dlopen and
so on seems to be missing ... Are they implemented under arm-linux ?
Should be there a libdl.a or something like that somewhere ?

 Vincent.

-- 
/==========================================================\
|     Vincent PENNE,          Centre de Physique Theorique |
|Tel. (0033)4 91 26 95 04       CNRS - LUMINY - Case 907   |
|Fax. (0033)4 91 26 95 53      F-13288 MARSEILLE CEDEX 9   |
|Email: [email-masked]          FRANCE              |
|http://www.cpt.univ-mrs.fr                                |
\==========================================================/
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Vincent Renardias <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 18:30:21 +0200 (GMT+0200)

> Should be there a libdl.a or something like that somewhere ?

Try to run 'nm -D /lib/libdl.so.x' to see if dlopen is really there?

-- 
- Vincent RENARDIAS                 vincent@{waw.com,pipo.com,debian.org} -
- Debian/GNU Linux:           Pipo:                    WAW:               -
- http://www.fr.debian.org    http://www.pipo.com      http://www.waw.com -
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
- "La fonctionnalite Son Visuel vous delivre des avertissements visuels." -
-                          [Message durant l'installation de Windows95]:wq

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 1998 18:42:49 +0100

>Should be there a libdl.a or something like that somewhere ?

They're certainly not implemented in glibc at the moment for a.out, though 
they are for ELF.  If anybody would like to contribute an implementation of 
dynamic linking for a.out (the libc4 one would be a starting point) this would 
obviously be welcome.

p.