Subject: Compiling Apache 1.3.0

From: Sam Kington <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 20:46:04 +0100

Hi,

I can't get Apache 1.3.0 to compile (had similar problems with 1.2.6 a
white ago). I'm running Linux 2.0.33 on a StrongARM Risc PC, the kernel
was compiled by the gcc binary from the ftp site, using the 2.0.33
patches from a month or two ago. Here's the offending bit from make.

===> main
gcc -c  -I../os/unix -I../include   -DLINUX=2 -D__arm -DUSE_HSREGEX 
http_config.c
http_config.c:271: parse error before `module'
http_config.c:271: `translate_handler' undeclared here (not in a
function)
http_config.c:271: initializer element for `method_offsets[0]' is not
constant
http_config.c:272: parse error before `module'
http_config.c:272: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer
without a cast
http_config.c:273: parse error before `module'
http_config.c:273: `auth_checker' undeclared here (not in a function)
http_config.c:273: initializer element for `method_offsets[2]' is not
constant
http_config.c:274: parse error before `module'
http_config.c:274: `access_checker' undeclared here (not in a function)
http_config.c:274: initializer element for `method_offsets[3]' is not
constant
http_config.c:275: parse error before `module'
http_config.c:275: `type_checker' undeclared here (not in a function)
http_config.c:275: initializer element for `method_offsets[4]' is not
constant
http_config.c:276: parse error before `module'
http_config.c:276: `fixer_upper' undeclared here (not in a function)
http_config.c:276: initializer element for `method_offsets[5]' is not
constant
http_config.c:277: parse error before `module'
http_config.c:277: `logger' undeclared here (not in a function)
http_config.c:277: initializer element for `method_offsets[6]' is not
constant
http_config.c:278: parse error before `module'
http_config.c:278: `header_parser' undeclared here (not in a function)
http_config.c:278: initializer element for `method_offsets[7]' is not
constant
http_config.c:279: parse error before `module'
http_config.c:279: `post_read_request' undeclared here (not in a
function)
http_config.c:279: initializer element for `method_offsets[8]' is not
constant
-- 
Home page: http://www.illuminated.co.uk/
INWO Homebrew has moved: http://www.illuminated.co.uk/inwo/
Time wounds all heels - Groucho Marx
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Matthew Wilcox <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 23:27:13 +0100 (BST)

Sam Kington
> http_config.c:271: parse error before `module'

Well, based on a quick look at the code in question, line 271 uses
XtOffset.  This isn't a function I'm aware of, so I do
`find . -type f |xargs grep XtOffset |less'.  I discover it's defined in
include/conf.h.  So look through that... ah, there it is.  For some
reason, if __arm is defined, it defines it to be _Offsetof(...) which
I can't find defined anywhere.  I recommend you todge the Makefile and
remove the -D__arm from it; maybe it'll work then?

ObWildSpeculation: do you suppose this is a RISCiX hangover?

-- 
Set Alias$Case Set Alias$[ |||| |MSet Alias$Otherwise Set Alias$[ \ Matthew
"" |MSet Alias$When If %0=%%0 Then Set Alias$[ "" ||MIf %0=%%0    \ Wilcox
Then Set Alias$Otherwise Set Alias$[ |||||||||||||||| ||MIf       \
%0=%%0 Then Set Alias$When Set Alias$[ ||||||||||||||||
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Sam Kington <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 09:28:20 +0100

> remove the -D__arm from it; maybe it'll work then?

Nope; makes no difference. It didn't originally *have* the __arm flag
in; I added it in after looking through conf.h and finding the #ifdef
__arm. Made no difference at all. Bleargh.

Sam
-- 
Home page: http://www.illuminated.co.uk/
INWO Homebrew: http://www.illuminated.co.uk/inwo/
Not my employer's opinion, no snappy quote
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Richard Bradbury <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 11:01:55 +0100

On Thu, 11 Jun 1998 09:28:20, Sam Kington wrote:
> > include/conf.h.  So look through that... ah, there it is.

Isn't XtOffset an X Toolkit function from /usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h?

-- 
Richard.

---

From: Matthew Wilcox <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 13:22:27 +0100 (BST)

Sam Kington
> __arm. Made no difference at all. Bleargh.

Hmm.  It might be one of those things which is predefined by the compiler;
I forget which things are.  How about frobbing conf.h to take the test for
__arm out?