Subject: Compiling adfs support

From: Tony Houghton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 23:34:40 +0100

Having compiled my own kernel I discovered that it doesn't support the
adfs mount type :-(. Looking at the config stuff, it doesn't appear to
be mentioned at all in make config or make menuconfig, but it is an
option in make xconfig. Unfortunately it stays stubbornly "greyed out"
(what do you call that under X)? So how do I enable it?

If noone can help there, how do I get the precompiled kernel to support
PPP (the second, less ideal alternative)?

-- 
  \_________________
                    \  http://homepages.tcp.co.uk/~tonyh/
   The Curling Pages \ The home of WinEd, Bombz and POPstar for RISC OS
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Phil Norman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 11:24:10 +0100 (BST)

> (what do you call that under X)? So how do I enable it?

Go to the 'Kernel maturity level' (I think it's in there) and say 'yes' 
to 'prompt for dodgy development stuff'.  This will allow you to select 
the adfs stuff.  Remember to select BOTH adfs things - there's one in 
the filing systems section and one in device drivers AFAICR.

Good luck with the build,
Phil

-- 
Linux: The best things in life are free.

Phil Norman, mailing from Exeter University.
email:	[email-masked]
URL:	http://newton.ex.ac.uk/general/ug/norman

---

From: Tony Houghton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 13:31:12 +0100

In message <[email-masked]>

> (what do you call that under X)? So how do I enable it?

I haven't booted Linux since, but I've had at least 2 replies with the
same solution, so I'll take that as the right way to do it. Thanks.