Subject: Installing on A5k (4mb)

From: [email-masked] ("scijmoz")
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 98 22:33:24

Thankyou for advice but still trying to overcome memory problem:-

        Symlink 2: out of memory.

Is it possible to install on 4mb ,any more suggestions  most welcome.

John.

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Stefan Hanske <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 11:18:33 +0200 (METDST)

> Is it possible to install on 4mb ,any more suggestions  most welcome.

I just had to do it again last week. It works if you use the older 
distribution (it should still be on the ftp server), since you need 
mkswap from that distrib & a linux box running to modify the boot disks.

Btw, it's better to upgrade to 8MB cause Linux on 4MB ram is painfully 
slow (takes minutes to the login prompt).

----------------------------------------------------------
|mailto: Stefan Hanske ([email-masked] |
|WWW : http://www.rzuser.uni-heidelberg.de/~shanske      |
|phone: I'm not silly                                    |
|--------------------------------------------------------|
| And don't forget to remember what you remembered not   |
| to forget to remember...				 |
----------------------------------------------------------