Subject: X and KDE packages

From: Dan Todd <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 22:41:17 +0000

I know a question similar to this has been asked before, but I couldn't
find any answers.

Has anyone made X or KDE binaries available?  Is there a FAQ or HOWTO
descibing how to get things working ok with the sources rpms, as I'm
idiot who's new to Linux.

Thanks in advance.
-- 
Dan Todd

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 20:54:26 +0100 (BST)

> idiot who's new to Linux.

I don't have KDE running (I haven't tried compiling it either).  I'm working
on a later version of X at the moment...
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.uk.linux.org/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |

---

From: Stefan Hanske <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 16:55:30 +0200 (METDST)

> idiot who's new to Linux.

I once tried to compile KDE for ARMLinux but failed because the 
qt-library, which KDE depends on, doesn't seem to work on ARMLinux right now.
However, X is available with the ARMLinux distribution. Just install it 
onto your HD (takes a little time) and type 'startx' after the login 
procedure. Good luck.

----------------------------------------------------------
|mailto: Stefan Hanske ([email-masked] |
|WWW : http://www.rzuser.uni-heidelberg.de/~shanske      |
|phone: I'm not silly                                    |
|--------------------------------------------------------|
| And don't forget to remember what you remembered not   |
| to forget to remember...				 |
----------------------------------------------------------