Subject: New installation, compiling problems

From: Richard Barrass <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 23:53:31 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

I've just installed ArmLinux (from the Clan CD) and have a few initial
questions.

1) do I need to update the installation (the RedHat bit) since I'm running
   the latest kernel I think (2.0.34)
   
2) is there an easy way to update modify the installtion of the RPM's ?
   there doesn't seem to be a admin tool - there is the control-panel
   application that runs under X, but that doesn't seem to allow me to
   alter the packages installed.
   
3) I downloaded the KDE rpm source and the latest qt 1.33 source, but 
   the compilation of qt fails at the first attempt - I think there is
   limited mention regarding KDE/qt on this list in the past, but i think
   the compilation failed due to problems with the headers... 
   /usr/local/errno.h includes <linux/errno.h> but can't find it... is there
   something missing in my installation ?
   
   I've successfully compiled qt and 3/4 the way through compiling KDE
   when I have a spare moment at work (Sun Ultra) so feel I would like to 
   have a go at getting it working on ArmLinux...
   
Phew, that seems a lot to ask on my first posting... many thanks in advance
for the help and I'm sure more in the future.

Richard

-- 
Richard Barrass
Linux mailinglist,
RiscPC 610, Arm710 - 12Mb/1Mb RAM ~500Mb ext2 partition

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]