Subject: Boot probs

From: Ian Molton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 02:35:02 +0100

Sorry to ask this question (I know someone else had the same problem
yesterday) but the solution was never posted to the list, so could someone
mail me the thing?

I've got the same problem as someone else - the kernel has been copied,
boot.conf has been made, and the root symlink is present, but the
bootloader hangs at the press alt for bootloader point.

any help appreciated...

PS. I will, after I've installed my A5000, produce a 'guide' including as
many of my installation woes as I can remember...

Cya all!

-- 
-Ian aka Lennier
Acorn Computers, the best in the world
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hawk/
BaBe - Womens human rights organisation in Croatia
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hawk/babe/

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 21:53:50 +0100 (BST)

> bootloader hangs at the press alt for bootloader point.

If you hit 'Alt', is the menu correct?  Also, in this case, what is the
last bit of text that you see on the screen?
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.uk.linux.org/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |