Subject: HHHHEEEELLLLPPP!!!

From: Ian Molton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 04:16:37 +0100

My Linux installation is rapidly going pear shaped...

problem 1:

In a fit of madness I deleted /usr/include whilst trying to get the
compiler to behave. Dont bother backing it up, I told myself, just delete
it, you can always get it from the RPM again....

well, I redownloaded the RPM's (it /is/ only the gcc RPM I need, isnt it?)
and to my utter dismay, thr rpm wont install. not even with --force

I tried

rpm --install --force <gcclibraraynamehere.arm.rpm>

but it just said it couldnt install it. adding -vv gave no clues as to
/why/ it couldnt install it...

rpm now seems to work on precisely none of the packages (I tried about 5 or
6 of them)

problem 2:

For some reason, it has forgotten one of it's routes. it /used/ to
automagically do a 'route add default gw 192.168.240.254' on startup, but
apparently no longer does. why? and what file needs tweaking to repair
this?

like I said, HEEELP! (I'm going mad with this damn thing. Esp. the
compiler, which I (obviously) still cant make behave itself!

Thanks!

-- 
-Ian aka Lennier
Acorn Computers, the best in the world
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hawk/
BaBe - Womens human rights organisation in Croatia
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hawk/babe/

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 11:20:06 +0100

>well, I redownloaded the RPM's (it /is/ only the gcc RPM I need, isnt it?)

No, the header files will be in the libc rpm.

>apparently no longer does. why? and what file needs tweaking to repair

It's somewhere in /etc/sysconfig/network I imagine.

p.