Subject: Driver writing

From: Ben Dooks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 00:36:38 +0100

I'm having problems with getting the SimTec IDE driver that
I've been writing to work. The podule is correctly identified,
and the registers checked and setup correctly. After registering
with the  ide-driver, /dev/hdc appears, but dosen't work due to
IRQ timeouts. 

Does anyone have any ideas what could be going wrong?

-- 
Ben (graduating, with any luck)

Please use [email-masked] instead of [email-masked]
or [email-masked]. Accounts are soon to be closed.
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 00:42:18 +0100

>Does anyone have any ideas what could be going wrong?

Have you checked that the interrupt line is actually working?

p.

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 22:09:09 +0100 (BST)

> with the  ide-driver, /dev/hdc appears, but dosen't work due to

Sounds like the interrupts off the card aren't being enabled, or
the card doesn't have any interrupts.

After using ecard_find, are you calling ecard_claim on the returned
structure?  Also, are you using the interrupt number that is in this
structure?
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.uk.linux.org/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |