Subject: CATS support etc

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 20:24:20 +0100

Hi,

Since Russell seems to have gone into hibernation, I thought I'd make a patch 
containing my current stuff now rather than waiting to see what pops up in his 
next kernel.  Thus:

http://www.tazenda.demon.co.uk/phil/armlinux/patches/linux-diff-980610.gz

(against Russell's 2.1.103)

The main thing in here is fairly complete support for the CATS board.  It
also features uaccess changes for both 26-bit and 32-bit machines, generic 
cache-coherence functions for DMA (though I don't do anything with them yet -- 
Dave, you might like to have a go at putting the hooks into tulip.c).  And,
uh, some other stuff I imagine.

I hope I haven't broken anything else in the process, but looking through the 
patch I might have been a bit too reckless with the EBSA-285 keyboard support.
Oh well.

p.

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: David Alan Gilbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 10:45:43 +0100

Philip Blundell wrote:
> 
> Hi,
> 
> Since Russell seems to have gone into hibernation,

Malta actually for a couple of weeks.

> patch I might have been a bit too reckless with the EBSA-285 keyboard support.

Keyboard support - is that using an add on board on the X-Bus or something?
(Heck a keyboard would be really useful; if it was just to be able to
use Sysrq to find out whats going on!!)

Dave

-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Dr. David Alan Gilbert - WARNING! This is a beta release .signature-
- Work:    dg @ cogency.co.uk        - +44-(0)161-428-9444           -
- Home:    gro.gilbert @ treblig.org -                               -
----------------------------------------------------------------------
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 11:44:29 +0100

>Keyboard support - is that using an add on board on the X-Bus or something?

No - CATS has a standard PC keyboard controller built into its super IO chip
(which sits on the PCI bus).  As far as I know we don't use the X-Bus for 
anything - I have a suspicion maybe the 21285 PCI arbiter is used.  Neil 
probably knows.

I think there are patches in the CVS tree to allow you to do magic sysreq over 
a serial line which might help you.

p.