Subject: MORE more more linux...

From: Ian Molton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 07:51:15 +0100

Well, here we go again...

I've got x running, and can make my ether h card talk to the net, although
it still wont talk by default, I have to insmod it by hand, and then
ifconfig and route it...

Where can I download netscape for ARMlinux? it doesnt seem to be in the
RPMS...

also, how do I remove users (I adduser'd one, and dunno how to get rid of
it)

one last point - I cant compile Circlemud - cc complains that it cant find
a file, errno.h, although it /is/ present....

Any ideas?

PS. thanks for all the help so far... I'm getting somewhere now, honest!

-- 
-Ian aka Lennier
Acorn Computers, the best in the world
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hawk/
BaBe - Womens human rights organisation in Croatia
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hawk/babe/

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Stefan Voss <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 10:41:28 +0200

> it still wont talk by default, I have to insmod it by hand, and then

You insmod EtherH support? I'd suggest you compile your own kernel with
EtherH support built in. Once I had compiled such a kernel here's how I
configured my EtherH:

1. Create a file /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 which looks
   like this:

DEVICE=eth0
IPADDR=<your IP address, e.g. 10.0.0.1>
NETMASK=<your netmask, e.g. 255.255.255.0>
NETWORK=<your network address, e.g. 10.0.0.0>
BROADCAST=<your broadcast address, e.g. 10.0.0.255>
ONBOOT=yes

2. Modify /etc/sysconfig/network to look like this:

NETWORKING=yes
HOSTNAME=<your hostname, e.g. yoda>
GATEWAY=<IP address of your default gateway, e.g. 10.0.0.254>

> Where can I download netscape for ARMlinux? it doesnt seem to be in the

I don't think there's such a thing. Or has anybody compiled QtScape or
Cyptozilla successfully for ARMLinux?

> also, how do I remove users (I adduser'd one, and dunno how to get rid of

Use vipw as root and delete the user's passwd entry.

> a file, errno.h, although it /is/ present....

No idea. Header files in /usr/include are usually included by '#include
<errno.h>'. If the errno.h file is in the application sources and is
included by '#include "errno.h"' your compiler options may be wrong. 
"gcc -I<include path> ..." e.g. tells gcc to look in <include path> for 
header files.

Regards,
   Stefan

-- 
Stefan Voss
([email-masked])