Subject: IscaFS 0.05

From: Phil Norman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 14:49:50 +0100 (BST)

Hi everyone!

You know I said I couldn't possibly do another release of IscaFS because 
of exams?  Well, I lied.  I just fixed the last known bug yesterday (it 
only took 5 minutes out of my revision time though, honest!) and so it 
now looks ready for another release.

Main new features in this release:

1:	MW's GNU ext2 extensions are now implemented (inc. filesystem 
naming etc).

2:	Various bugs fixed.

3:	Group descriptors are now kept in memory for mounted filesystems 
(resulting in approx. 5% speed increase).

Also, filetype writing is now implemented, but this is by default turned 
off.  I'd STRONGLY advise you leave it that way; if you screw up your 
filesystem(s) by playing around that's your problem.

The new cache method I mentioned earlier has not yet been implemented - 
that'll be something for 0.06, which will hopefully be released a few 
weeks after my exams end.

Anyway, that's about it.  IscaFS will be available very soon from the 
normal ftp place 
(ftp://ftp.barnet.ac.uk/pub/Acorn/armlinux/iscafs/iscafs.zip), but MW's 
not about right ATM so it might be about a day before it's actually 
there.

Bye for now,
Phil

-- 
Linux: The choice of a GNU generation.

Phil Norman, mailing from Exeter University.
email:	[email-masked]
URL:	http://newton.ex.ac.uk/general/ug/norman

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Phil Norman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 14:57:40 +0100 (BST)

Slight change of plan with the iscafs uploading - the iscafs 0.05 distrib 
is on the ftp site as:

ftp://ftp.barnet.ac.uk/pub/Acorn/armlinux/iscafs/iscafs.0.05.zip

The link (iscafs.zip) is not yet set up to point to the new version (it 
still points to iscafs.0.04.zip) so make sure you're downloading the 
right version if the link isn't set up by the time you get to downloading it.

Cheers, and sorry for the extra email,
Phil

---

From: Matthew Wilcox <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 17:57:06 +0100 (BST)

Phil Norman
> 1:	MW's GNU ext2 extensions are now implemented (inc. filesystem 

This gives *slightly* the wrong impression ;-)  These are Dynamic
Superblock revision features.  As such, they're tytso's extensions
and not mine.  I added the extra code to handle them, is what Phil
meant here.  Added bonus, we have initial support for certain things
which are planned for Linux 2.3, but none of this code is tested yet.
But yes, if you create an ext2 floppy, use tune2fs to name it and pop
it in, you'll see the first 10 characters of its name.  Good ol' RISC OS.

> not about right ATM so it might be about a day before it's actually 

Sorry, I was in an exam (yeah, yeah.  Poor excuse, I know ;-)  It's
there now.

-- 
Set Alias$Case Set Alias$[ |||| |MSet Alias$Otherwise Set Alias$[ \ Matthew
"" |MSet Alias$When If %0=%%0 Then Set Alias$[ "" ||MIf %0=%%0    \ Wilcox
Then Set Alias$Otherwise Set Alias$[ |||||||||||||||| ||MIf       \
%0=%%0 Then Set Alias$When Set Alias$[ ||||||||||||||||
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]