Subject: New linux user: a few easy (?) problems

From: [email-masked] (Chris Sawer)
Date: Sun, 3 May 1998 11:52:51 +0100 (BST)

I've just started playing with ArmLinux, and have installed it from last
year's Clan CD-Rom, with a little help from Phil Norman's installation
guide. I have a couple of (hopefully simple) problems that I hope you lot
will be able to help me with.

The first problem I have is trying to compile anything. Everything seems to
need a directory "/usr/include/linux" with a load of .h files in. My
friend's 486 Linux box has this directory, but he installed using
Slackware. Where can I get the ArmLinux versions of these files from - are
they in the huge kernel source?

My other problem is when using X (with fvwm), when dialogue boxes come up,
for example when creating a directory using xfm, I don't seem to be able to
type anything. Clicking in the text box doesn't help, but keys do work in X,
for example in an xterm window, or using q to quit daliclock. This apparent
bug is incredibly annoying. Has anyone else had this problem, and is there a
fix?

I apologize if these questions have already been asked, but I couldn't find
the answers to them in any FAQs.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris

PS. Am I still a member of this list? I haven't got any messages from it
for several weeks.

-- 
Chris Sawer - Worthing, Sussex, England
          [email-masked]
  PGP public key available on request

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]