Subject: New !Linux (alpha) available

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 10:43:49 +0100 (BST)

Hi.

There is a new !Linux available from
	ftp://ftp.arm.uk.linux.org/pub/armlinux/testing/linux-3.25-alpha.arc

This will give you:

1) TFTP - primitive, but works.
2) initial ramdisks on RiscPC (if the kernel is configured for them)
3) Support for partition types that the latest PartMan supports.
4) Ability to specify kernel arguments on the command line.

Please try it out, and report bugs to the usual place.

Thanks.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.uk.linux.org/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 12:03:44 +0100 (BST)

Matthew Wilcox writes:
> Does it fix the problem I reported that it works under RISC OS 3.7 but
> not RISC OS 3.5?  The older one worked fine.  I guess I can put the old
> ROMs back in and try it..

I don't think so.  This version may well give you a debug file in
Pipe:$.C_Debug - could you mail it please?

The difference between this and older versions is that these ones check
the return values of the ADFS_DiscOp...  The debug file should indicate
what's failing.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.uk.linux.org/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |