Subject: MuPAD sybolic calc package

From: Stefan Hanske <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 13:19:45 +0200 (METDST)

Hi,

as I know, nobody still made the attempt to port any of the symbolic 
calculating packages to any form of ARM OS (neither RiscOS nor RiscBSD 
nor ARMLinux). There is however something developed on a license like 
that from StarOffice called MuPAD, a free package for Un*x, Linux, Win, 
Mac ... That's the reason why I actually started interesting in ARMLinux. 
The problem is as ever, they didn't release the source codes.

I've worked with it on PC already and it should not be difficould to port 
as the number of binaries is very small, just basic I/O functions and a 
small kernel, most of the other stuff is done in MuPADs own programming 
language.

I already mailed them to perhaps just try to compile it for ARMLinux and 
requested at least an answer, but I heard nothing of them so far. Could 
someone of the ARMLinux developer team perhaps send some requests to
[email-masked] to ask them for a port???? I would arrange the rest 
like help to build a cross compiler, get them the needy include files and 
libs, do the testing... (Here between most of the universities we have 
special network connections that ARE fast.

Th@nx in advance
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]