Subject: FTPing of kernel

From: Garan Jenkin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 10:55:33 +0100

hi

As Matthew has explained to me, compiling a kernel on my scsi drive, with
scsi support, for use on my scsi drive, while not having Linux running on an
adfs drive to start with, is fairly hard.

I thought about it and decided that someone must have compiled a riscpc
kernel of some variety with Acorn SCSI card support in for themselves.  If
so, if any have fast enough links to upload it to an ftp server then I could
download it and so use it to compile my own kernel.  Obviously I don't care
what has been included as long as there is SCSI and ARM610 support.

Also, what might be useful is what happens (or used to happen) on the MacBSD
website : The directory of users and their machines is searchable, and so
for someone like me, who has what used to be a fairly unsupported mac when I
used MacBSD (Quadra 610 with internal video and netcard combo- yuk!), I was
able to talk to those few who had MacBSD successfully running on similar
machines.  

Also, it meant that when my friend compiled a kernel on my machine which
worked for my setup, he was able to distribute it to others with similar
machines, so they could boot and compile.

Garan

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]