Subject: Re: ARM-Linux

From: Phil Norman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 12:05:20 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 6 May 1998, Ulrich Schwanecke wrote:

> Hi, 
> 
> my name is Uli Schwanecke. I'm very interested in having ARM-Linux on
> my RISC-PC. I'm an absolut Linux-beginner. I tried to make an
> ARM-Linux CD-ROM and to install ARM-Linux, but it doesn't work. I used
> partman to set up Linux partitions. I also made a root disk image for
> my machine. Everything works fine. After the kernel has been booted,
> the installation programm works, till it tries to load something from
> the CD-ROM. Do you know where I can get a CD-ROM that works? Or is
> there another way to install ARM-Linux?

What kind of CDROM do you have?  If it's the Cumana Indigo sort designed 
for the original batch of RiscPCs (the ones with RiscOS 3.5 installed) it 
won't work, since Cumana used a very bizarre daughter board because 
Acorn's IDE interface didn't support CDROMs.

There is another method of installing, and a zip archive with 
instructions on how to do this can be obtained from my web page (URL in 
the .sig).  Best of luck,
Phil

-- 
Linux: The choice of a GNU generation.

Phil Norman, mailing from Exeter University.
email:	[email-masked]		[email-masked]
URL:	http://newton.ex.ac.uk/general/ug/norman

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]