Subject: Re: New User Help Please!!!

From: Stefan Hanske <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 12:50:49 +0200 (METDST)

On Wed, 20 May 1998, Russell King - ARM Linux Admin wrote:

> Erm, mailing a kernel to the mailing list won't go down well with a lot of
> people.
> 
> Is the only change to add that non-standard code for the ARM710a?  If it
> is, then I'll need to update everything properly - !Linux, and the
> kernel itself. (to do it properly, it's not as simple as you have mentioned).
>    _____
I mailed some people @ ARM and they said the only difference between the 
ARM710 and ARM710a is the fastbus extension, only a hardware change to 
allow in a supporting hardware a modified and faster mem access. They 
stated in the programmers model nothing at all changed. So all there is 
to do is to change the mask values in the processor recognising routines 
to 0xFFF0F000 & 0xFFF0FF00 in arch/arm/kernel/head-armv.S and 
arch/arm/kernel/setup.c . At least that's what I do and it seems to work 
properly.

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]