Subject: Re: EtherLan 600

From: "Glenn Ramsey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 09:07:18 GMT+1200

> From:          Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>

> There are two modules 'packages' - the real modules packages containing the
> tools (modules-*.arm.rpm), and the kernel modules themselves
> (modules-2.0.33-rpc.tar.gz).  Please make sure that you get the right one.
> 
> The correct one is located in the same directory as the kernels, and you
> must get the same version *and* date as your kernel.

Russell can you clarify this please?

The current modules 'package' is found at:
ftp://ftp.arm.uk.linux.org/pub/armlinux/distrib/RedHat/RPMS/modules-2.0.0-5a3.arm.rpm   
and this contains binaries for tools such as insmod, rmmod, lsmod and 
depmod.

The kernel modules are found in directory
ftp://ftp.arm.uk.linux.org/pub/armlinux/distrib/kernels/
and are the files named: modules-rpc-199?.??.gz and 
modules-rpc-20071997.gz
These contain the module binaries such as etherh.o, serial.o and 
binfmt_elf.o.

The kernel binaries in this directory are the ones named:
rpc-2.0.??-199?.??.??.gz and a5k-2.0.??-* and ebsa-2.0.31-*

Is this right?

Would anyone find it useful if there was an archive with all the
bits necessary to get dialup net access eg basic kernel, ppp and slip
modules? I know I would have found this useful as I wouldn't have
had to download the kernel source. 

I can provide the files and some tips on how to set it up if people
on the list think it is a good idea. 

g
-- 
Glenn Ramsey
G . Ramsey @ irl . cri . nz
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 22:46:24 +0100 (BST)

> rpc-2.0.??-199?.??.??.gz and a5k-2.0.??-* and ebsa-2.0.31-*

I don't see any need to clarify it any more than that ;), especially if
ppl read the READMEs on the FTP site ;)

README's not always contain random garbage ;)
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.uk.linux.org/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |

---

From: John Houston <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 23:20:54 +0100 (BST)

Thanks for everyone's help with this, I now have linux running and I can 
connect to the net and everything - hurray!

John