Subject: Tools

From: Stefan Hanske <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 13:35:28 +0200 (METDST)

Got some basic tools compiled like a new version of mount (don't need 
losetup for that, accepts -o loop=/dev/loop?,offset=xxx) or at last new 
mtools (with vfat support, good for exchange between Unixes).

Mtools suffers from gcc's PACKED bug so you have to change the 
vfat_subentry struct to use char instead of struct unicode_char. Ask me 
for a list of changes (Don't know how to create patches).

Stefan

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Paul Koning <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 14:21:47 -0400

>>>>> "Stefan" == Stefan Hanske <[email-masked]> writes:

 Stefan> Mtools suffers from gcc's PACKED bug so you have to change
 Stefan> the vfat_subentry struct to use char instead of struct
 Stefan> unicode_char. Ask me for a list of changes (Don't know how to
 Stefan> create patches).

What PACKED bug?

	paul

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 19:55:14 +0100 (BST)

> for a list of changes (Don't know how to create patches).

diff -urN /path/to/unmodified/source /path/to/modified/source > patchfile
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.uk.linux.org/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |