Subject: PPP with ARMLinux kernel 2.0.33 (fwd)

From: tlawton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 21:53:01 +0000

Hi,

 Having bought a new hard drive at the show and obtaining ARM Linux (thanks
masses to Matthew), I'd now like to use it on the internet. Running pppd is
my current objective but it seems I need some kind of support added to the
kernel. The FAQ is not helpful but I'd guess most people have direct ethernet
connections (gits, but I'll have one next year I hope).

 Bearing in mind that I know almost nothing about Linux except for a brief
period spent as a user on a remote system via telnet and the last two days, I
would really appreciate some instructions on either where to get a kernel (I
have a Risc PC StrongARM with 40+2Mb). If they can be phrased as "get this,
type this" I would be very grateful as I'm mainly used to point-and-click
style behaviour and surprisingly an inside knowledge of ARM programming has
helped me very little in trying to use ARMLinux.

 Anyway, I think ARMLinux is brilliant and is currently hovering at the stage
of entering my boot sequence. I've spent much of the afternoon using emacs to
compile our yearbook and I'd like to thank everyone who has made it possible
for this OS to be made available.

 Thanks,
 
 Tom

PS I posted this to the arm-linux mailing list also. However, judging by the
mail just arrived, the linux-arm one is probably better. Sorry.

-- 

.... "It's the quitting that really is hard." - Gene Thibeault
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]