Subject: ncurses - Help Russ

From: Chris Pringle <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 16:25:26 +0100 (BST)

I am installing linux on an A5000. I have got the installer working. It
starts to install the RPM packages, until it gets to ncurses. It then gets
to the end of that and stops. If you go to a virtual console and press return,
that will not come up with another command line. It completely screws the 
machine. What can I do to prevent/get around this. I have thought we were doing
well until now. I have had three attemps, all with the same result. I have the
latest A5K kernel, the latest (not alpha) version of partman, and the previous 
version of the supplemental disk. I also have a copy of the a5k bootdisk, that
is in the disks directory on the ftp site. All help is appreciated.

Regards,
---
Chris Pringle
22, St. Mary's Drive, Fairford, Glos. GL7 4LQ
P.S.Check out My web site at 
http://www.latrigg.demon.co.uk/Chris/index.html

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Matthew Wilcox <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 16:30:58 +0100 (BST)

Chris Pringle
> is in the disks directory on the ftp site. All help is appreciated.

How about only installing the really basic essential packages with the
installer and then manually (with rpm) installing the other packages you
want later?

-- 
Set Alias$Case Set Alias$[ |||| |MSet Alias$Otherwise Set Alias$[ \ Matthew
"" |MSet Alias$When If %0=%%0 Then Set Alias$[ "" ||MIf %0=%%0    \ Wilcox
Then Set Alias$Otherwise Set Alias$[ |||||||||||||||| ||MIf       \
%0=%%0 Then Set Alias$When Set Alias$[ ||||||||||||||||
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 22:39:09 +0100 (BST)

Chris Pringle writes:
> that will not come up with another command line.

Try switching to tty4 and pressing shift-scroll-lock, control-scroll-lock,
and so on - they dump out various info.  If you get nothing, does the
caps LED work?
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.uk.linux.org/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |