Subject: Memory mapping SA-1100 PCMCIA

From: Ivo Clarysse <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 16:14:32 +0200 (MET DST)

I've succesfully built Linux for the Brutus SA-1100 evaluation board,
using the source tree pointed to by Deborah Wallach on this list.
 
(I built it on a vanilla gcc-2.8.1 and a vanilla binutils-2.8.1.0.23, on
a vanilla (+ upgrade packages) RedHat5.0/Intel system - 2 small Makefile
changes were necessary, probably due to GCC2.8.1)

Anyway.  Now that this somewhat works, I'd like to work on support for
the built-in SA-1100 PCMCIA controller.  According to the SA-1100
Technical Reference Manual, the PCMCIA cards are physically mapped like 
this:

  0x20000000 - 0x23FFFFFF  Socket 1 I/O Space
  0x28000000 - 0x2BFFFFFF  Socket 1 Attribute Space
  0x2C000000 - 0x2FFFFFFF  Socket 1 Memory Space
 
  0x30000000 - 0x33FFFFFF  Socket 1 I/O Space
  0x38000000 - 0x3BFFFFFF  Socket 1 Attribute Space
  0x3C000000 - 0x3FFFFFFF  Socket 1 Memory Space

I assume I have to map this to virtual memory space somewhere.
The current memory map for Brutus, according to 
include/asm-arm/proc-armv/mm-init.h, is:

    PHYS         VIRT
  c0000000     00000000        Zero page
  c00003ff     000003ff        Zero page end
  c0000000     c0000000        Kernel and all physical memory [physical 
                                                           non-contiguous]
  d83fffff     c0ffffff        End of physical (16MB)
  80000000     e0000000        IO start (n.b. not all IO space is mapped)
  bfffffff     ffffffff        IO end

Is it OK for me to map the entire 0x20000000-0x3FFFFFFF block as:

    PHYS         VIRT
  20000000     20000000	       PCMCIA 
  3FFFFFFF     3FFFFFFF	       PCMCIA end
   
?

Ivo.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Ivo Clarysse <[email-masked]>  TEL +32-2-7215454  FAX +32-2-7215380
 Research Assistant                    Starlab - http://www.starlab.org/ 
 PGP ID: 0x50154325 // A0A0 EDBC 37B2 C574 CC4D F1F0 FF94 04B9 5015 4325

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]