Subject: gdb

From: Kieran Mansley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 10:30:02 +0100 (BST)

I'm trying to get a working copy of gdb.  Looking through past postings to
this list I see in November that Russell mentioned that he had a working
binary (and source) for it, but couldn't compile it up for the rpm
distribution.  Has any progress been made?  Is this binary more widely
available?  Does anyone have a working version?  I have tried compiling gdb
straight but failed.

Thanks

Kieran

-- 
Kieran Mansley, Peterhouse, Cambridge. CB2 1RD
[email-masked]      http://mup.pet.cam.ac.uk/
              I tell all my friends but they never believe me.
              They think that I've finally lost it completely.

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Chris Rutter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 12:29:21 +0100 (BST)

I've configured a 2.0.33 kernel (RiscPC/StrongARM), but on trying to
build it this occurs:

    <carmel /usr/src/linux> make zImage
    ...
    make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.0.33/arch/arm/lib'   
    make[3]: `constants.h' is up to date.
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.0.33/arch/arm/lib'

    gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.0.33/include -m6 -Wall
      -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce
      -pipe -D__ASSEMBLY__ -E proc-arm6,7.S | tr ';$' '\n#' > ..tmp.s
    proc-arm6,7.S:11: constants.h: No such file or directory

    gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.0.33/include -m6 -Wall
      -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce
      -pipe -c -o proc-arm6,7.o ..tmp.s
    proc-arm6,7.S: Assembler messages:
    proc-arm6,7.S:73: Error: Internal_relocation (type 159) not fixed up
      (OFFSET_IMM)
    proc-arm6,7.S:76: Error: Internal_relocation (type 159) not fixed up
      (OFFSET_IMM)
    proc-arm6,7.S:77: Error: Internal_relocation (type 159) not fixed up
      (OFFSET_IMM)

    make[2]: *** [proc-arm6,7.o] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.0.33/arch/arm/mm'
    make[1]: *** [first_rule] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.0.33/arch/arm/mm'
    make: *** [linuxsubdirs] Error 2
  
 This may be relevant:

    <carmel /usr/src/linux> find . -name constants.h
    ./drivers/scsi/constants.h
    ./arch/arm/drivers/scsi/constants.h
    ./arch/arm/lib/constants.h

 Any ideas?

Chris.

---

From: Matthew Wilcox <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 12:44:40 +0100 (BST)

Chris Rutter
>     proc-arm6,7.S:11: constants.h: No such file or directory

This is the important error.

>     ./arch/arm/lib/constants.h

Yep, this is the remanifestation of a bug which occurred with the previous
2.0.33 patch.  I fixed this by editing all the proc-*.S files in #include
.../constants.h instead of merely constants.h.

-- 
Set Alias$Case Set Alias$[ |||| |MSet Alias$Otherwise Set Alias$[ \ Matthew
"" |MSet Alias$When If %0=%%0 Then Set Alias$[ "" ||MIf %0=%%0    \ Wilcox
Then Set Alias$Otherwise Set Alias$[ |||||||||||||||| ||MIf       \
%0=%%0 Then Set Alias$When Set Alias$[ ||||||||||||||||
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 13:54:30 +0100 (BST)

> I've configured a 2.0.33 kernel (RiscPC/StrongARM), but on trying to

Which source is this?  Is it from the one I released yesterday?
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King        [email-masked]        --- ---
  | | | |    http://www.arm.uk.linux.org/~rmk/home.html      /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |

---

From: Matthew Wilcox <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 14:42:48 +0100 (BST)

Russell King - ARM Linux Admin
> Which source is this?  Is it from the one I released yesterday?

Yep.

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 16:14:09 +0100 (BST)

> I've configured a 2.0.33 kernel (RiscPC/StrongARM), but on trying to

Ok fixed.  In arch/arm/mm/proc-armv.S, change:

-#include "constants.h"
+#include "../lib/constants.h"

This will be in the next patch (probably for 2.0.34).
   _____

---

From: Chris Rutter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 00:25:49 +0100 (BST)

> I've configured a 2.0.33 kernel (RiscPC/StrongARM), but on trying to

 And now it builds.  `eth0' detected fine, but no traffic through it at
all.  Upon reboot (`/sbin/reboot') I get errors about `heartbeat failure'
from the EtherH driver under RISC OS.  A power-off/on fixes this.  The
driver that came with the latest pre-built 2.0.31 worked fine.  Any ideas?

-- 
Chris Rutter <[email-masked]>                 ( http://www.fluff.org/widget/ )

---

From: Matthew Wilcox <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 09:10:21 +0100 (BST)

Chris Rutter
> driver that came with the latest pre-built 2.0.31 worked fine.  Any ideas?

There are several types of EtherH.  Do you have the 500, 600 or 600A?

---

From: Chris Rutter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 10:50:56 +0100 (BST)

> There are several types of EtherH.  Do you have the 500, 600 or 600A?

 Yes, oops, I forgot to say.  An `EtherLan 600A', I believe; an Acorn re-
badged NIC slot card, at any rate, with 10b2 and 10bT.