Subject: Posting of patches to the linux-arm mailing list

From: Russell King <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 1998 20:39:34 +0100 (BST)

Hi.

Could we stop posting patches to the mailing list please?  When things to
wrong because of mis-administration of machines (there's a lot of supposed
sysadmins who don't know what they're doing out there) on the Internet I
tend to get flooded with email, and it doesn't help when I receive 10
copies of the same thing...

A better solution would be to put them on a FTP site or web site somewhere,
and mention where to get them in the email.

Thanks a lot.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |         Russell King        [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |     http://www.arm.uk.linux.org/~rmk/home.html     /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Alan Cox <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 00:51:02 +0100 (BST)

> and mention where to get them in the email.

ftp.uk.linux.org keeps an opening incoming directory and a fast warez
removal system so might be good place if folks have nowhere else to post
diffs
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]