Subject: SA-1100 eval. board

From: Ivo Clarysse <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 17:30:21 +0200 (MET DST)

I've just gotten a StrongARM SA-1100 evaluation board ('Brutus').
Anyone tried running Linux-ARM on that ?

Ivo.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Ivo Clarysse <[email-masked]>  TEL +32-2-7215454  FAX +32-2-7215380
 Research Assistant                    Starlab - http://www.starlab.org/ 
 PGP ID: 0x50154325 // A0A0 EDBC 37B2 C574 CC4D F1F0 FF94 04B9 5015 4325

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Deborah Wallach <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 09:45:48 -0700

Yes.  We've been working on a Linux port to the SA1100 (first to Brutus,
the SA1100 evaluation board, and then later to our own SA1100-based
hardware).  Before we moved from Brutus to our own hardware, we got a
preliminary version up and running on Brutus (console, keyboard, serial
ports only), based on Russell's August 2.0.30 distribution.  The source
code still needs cleaning, and it's nowhere near ready for distribution,
but if you're interested in developing code for Brutus and want to start
with working code, you are welcome to start with our Brutus cutoff source.
This source can be found at:
http://www.research.digital.com/wrl/people/kerr/linux-brutus.html

Please let me know if you have any problems with it, although I can't
guarantee that anything will be fixed.

			-Deborah Wallach