Subject: strrchr

From: Matthew Wilcox <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 07:41:17 +0100 (BST)

Assuming (1) I've understood the code right; (2) K&R haven't misdocumented
the behaviour of strrchr and (3) Linux strrchr is supposed to be the
same as ANSI C strrchr, then the current implementation of strrchr has
an out by one error, which leads me to ask if anything actually uses it?
I have most of a strrchr drafted, but it currently suffers from a nasty
end-effect.

-- 
Set Alias$Case Set Alias$[ |||| |MSet Alias$Otherwise Set Alias$[ \ Matthew
"" |MSet Alias$When If %0=%%0 Then Set Alias$[ "" ||MIf %0=%%0    \ Wilcox
Then Set Alias$Otherwise Set Alias$[ |||||||||||||||| ||MIf       \
%0=%%0 Then Set Alias$When Set Alias$[ ||||||||||||||||
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 09:36:56 +0100

>an out by one error, which leads me to ask if anything actually uses it?

Possibly not.  I certainly can't think of anything vital off the top of my 
head.

Do the versions for other architectures behave the same?

p.