Subject: Re: Installing on an 4 MB A5000

From: [email-masked] (David Gilbert)
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 15:08:49 +0100

Philip Blundell spoke thus:

	Trouble is you need to have already partitioned the disks.  If you can get 
	fdisk, mkswap and swapon to run in the amount of real RAM you have then you 
	ought to be in business - you could even roll that functionality into one 
	binary if you got really desperate, say on 2MB machines. :-)

Nah - you partition from RiscOS using Russ's wonderful !PartMan - actually
it would be nice to be able to make a swap partition from RISC OS as well.

Dave
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 15:29:33 +0100

>it would be nice to be able to make a swap partition from RISC OS as well.

I've never managed to get PartMan to work, to be honest.  By the way, I 
couldn't find a mkswap binary on the ftp site that worked with 26-bit machines 
- I ended up having to roll my own, which was a bit gruesome.

p.

---

From: David Alan Gilbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 15:57:31 +0100

> - I ended up having to roll my own, which was a bit gruesome.

Have a look on ftp.compsoc.man.ac.uk/pub/ARMLinux at mkswap.old and swapon.old
(they are from way back in the 1.3.x days before they were broken :-)

Dave

-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Dr. David Alan Gilbert - WARNING! This is a beta release .signature-
- Work:    dg @ cogency.co.uk        - +44-(0)161-428-9444           -
- Home:    gro.gilbert @ treblig.org -                               -
----------------------------------------------------------------------
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]