Subject: printing from linux

From: micm <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 18:03:29 +0000 (GMT)

Right,

I managed eventually to get Linux installed, after a bit of trouble with
leftover partition tables.

I downloaded all the RPMS and choose install everything so in theory I
should have all the printing stuff installed.

So, in the X control-panel, I went into the printer configuration to add
a printer.

I added a printer, name lp, set the filter options to bj200, 360*360dpi,
a4 paper etc.  Now the device has to be set.  I tried lp0, lp1 and lp2.

None of them gave me any output.  Looking in lpq it tells me "waiting
for printer (offline?)"  I'm trying to print stuff from Ghosview btw.
The jobs show up in lpq but never get printed.

So an easy question for you lot: what am i doing wrong????

TIA
micm

-- 
   From Michael Marshall, using an Acorn StrongARM RiscPC @ 202.4MHz
                Running RiscOS / ARMLinux / DOS & Win95

                 Mail me at: mailto:[email-masked]
      Visit the NUMPTIE XONE : http://homepages.enterprise.net/micm
 
           "Danger could be my middle name.....but it's James"

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]