Subject: Embedded ARM system running Linux.

From: Alex Holden <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1998 17:13:53 -0800

Hi, I am currently considering the possibility of designing a basic
embedded controller, with Linux as the operating system, using an ARM
7200 or similar. It is really only a concept idea at the moment, and may
never come to anything, but I was just wondering whether there would be
anyone else interested in the idea. Here are some more details:
This isn't a commercial development; I am just an interested Linux
hobbyist and electronics student.
My intention is to it as a robot controller, but it would probably be
useable for a lot wider range of things.
I can probably do both the hardware and the software myself, but I would
like to hear from people interested in helping with either.
I haven't yet found where I can get hold of a processor from, or how
much they cost, or even whether they will be willing to sell just one of
them. Neither have I looked too hard yet, though. Anyone have any
experiences to share in this respect?
Anyway, I've got to go now; I look forward to hearing your responses.
-- 
------------------- Linux- the choice of a GNU generation.
--------------------
: Alex Holden- Caver, Programmer, Land Rover nut, and Radio amateur (M1
CJD). : 
-------------- http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/1532/
---------------
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]