Subject: virtual memory limitation

From: Vincent PENNE <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 16:40:14 +0100

I got some problem with gcc exceeding his virtual memory. It happens
when gcc want to use more than 10Mb of memory, although I have still a
lot of free memory. How can I increase the virtual memory that a
programm is allowed to use ? I could not find this basic information
anywhere !!

 Vincent.

-- 
/==========================================================\
|     Vincent PENNE,          Centre de Physique Theorique |
|Tel. (0033)4 91 26 95 04       CNRS - LUMINY - Case 907   |
|Fax. (0033)4 91 26 95 53      F-13288 MARSEILLE CEDEX 9   |
|Email: [email-masked]          FRANCE              |
|http://www.cpt.univ-mrs.fr                                |
\==========================================================/
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: "Neil A. Carson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 01:50:11 +0000

> programm is allowed to use ? I could not find this basic information

Type unlimit.

	Neil

-- 
Neil A. Carson   Business development, Causality and Chalice Technology
Causality:       WWW: http://www.causality.com email: [email-masked]
Chalice Tech:    WWW: http://www.chaltech.com  email: [email-masked]
Office contact:  Tel/Fax: +44 (0)181 930 7408  Mobile: +44 (0)370 593183
SA110+1100, 21285/PCI, ARM, 3D, RTOSs, NetBSD, Image Processing, NC OSs

---

From: Russ King <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 10:16:14 +0000 (GMT)

> > programm is allowed to use ? I could not find this basic information

The limitation is due to Linux A.OUT binaries running on old machines -
this will be solved when we have ELF (shortly).