Subject: New Partition Manager for RiscOS for testing

From: Russell King <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 14:38:21 +0000 (GMT)

Hi.

I've upload another new copy of PartMan, the partition manager for Acorn's
RiscOS onto the FTP site for testing.

It is a debug-only version, which means that it will not write any partition
information to your hard drives.  Please try this copy out, and mail me the
results (uuencoded please).

It should recognise the following partitioning schemes:

  1) Filecore Linux
  2) ICS IDEFS partitions
  3) PowerTec partitions
  4) PC Bios partitions

Note, however, that partition schemes 2) and 3) will not currently allow you
to create new partitions - deletion and editing will work.  Also on all
partitioning schemes,  the save option is only available if you have
changed the partition information in some way (eg, choosing edit, and
then 'OK' without changing any information).

When you start PartMan, you will be presented with an information window.
Read this, and then click the close box.

Please mail any ideas for enhancements and problems to myself.  This is
especially important if you enounter an abort()/assert() failure.

If you find that you cannot get PartMan to recognise your drive, please
use Zap to mail me the contents of certain sectors (listed below):

  1) for Filecore:  sector 6
  2) for ICS IDEFS: sector 0
  3) for PowerTec:  sector 0
  4) for PC Bios:   sector 0

I would prefer these to be Print Dumped first (File->Print->Dump in Zap) -
I can then view them under Linux easily.

You will notice that it appears to be very slow on some machines - this is
intentional due to the amount of debug code.  The official non-alpha/beta
version will have debugging disabled.

Thanks in advance.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |         Russell King        [email-masked]       --- ---
  | | | |     http://www.arm.uk.linux.org/~rmk/home.html     /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]