Subject: Development Partition Manager for testing

From: Russell King <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 21:38:11 +0000 (GMT)

Hi.

I've uploaded onto the ARM Linux FTP site a new development Acorn RiscOS
Partition manager for testing.

It is not a completely working version, however it should be able to
read the partitioning information for the following schemes:

1) FileCore Linux
2) ICS IDEFS partitions
3) PowerTec partitions

The partition manager should allow you to add, edit and delete
partitions (however, I am aware of the bug that causes an abort() if
you delete the last partition displayed).  It will not write the
partition information back to disk (or at least I don't think it will -
the code is in theory missing at the moment).

On startup, the partition manager will open an information window -
please read these instructions so that you know what to do when you find
those bugs...

I should have a working version of the new Partition Manager in a couple
of weeks if all goes well.

Thanks in advance to those pre-alpha testers ;)
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |         Russell King        [email-masked]       --- ---
  | | | |     http://www.arm.uk.linux.org/~rmk/home.html     /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |

PS.  It will appear slow - it's logging a lot of information into PipeFS.
Please don't send me all of these log files when it goes wrong, just the
one that indicates that it failed - I know what happens when it works ;)

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]