Subject: Large Hard Drive Problems

From: Robert Bergs <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 13:12:54 +0000 (GMT)

Dear all,

I am trying to install Linux onto a RPC with a 3.6 gig hard drive.
I want to allocate about 600 meg to Linux, leaving the rest for filecore.
!Hform and PartMan appear to work fine, but the RedHat installer will not
recognise the Swap space.

However, if Filecore has 2 gig or less, (ie <4096 cylinders), then the
swap space IS found.

But, in either case it will not mount the ADFS (Filecore) partition.

Has anyone been successful in installing Linux on a big hard disc??

Thanks for any advice.

Rob Bergs
[email-masked]

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Richard Simpson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 13:58:26 +0000 (GMT)

> Has anyone been successful in installing Linux on a big hard disc??

I have ARM linux running fine on a 3.6 gig drive, but I only allocated
about 500 Mb to filecore.  Can't help more than that I am afraid. 

Richard Simpson
Farnborough, Hants, Uk                 Fax: 01252 392118
[email-masked]

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 20:31:57 +0000 (GMT)

> But, in either case it will not mount the ADFS (Filecore) partition.

Could you please mail me the kernel messages (on Alt-F4) indicating which
partitions have been recognised in all cases.  They should look something
like:

Partition check:
  hda: [ADFS] hda1 [Linux] hda2 hda3 hda4
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King        [email-masked]        --- ---
  | | | |    http://www.arm.uk.linux.org/~rmk/home.html      /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |