Subject: Linux Doom

From: Vincent PENNE <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 18:03:49 +0100

I tried Linuxdoom, and it didn't work. I write here the message I got :

"R_Init : Init DOOM refresh daemon - Error : W_GetNumForName : PNAMES
not found !"

I tried with Doom.wad and Doom2.wad, and got the same result ...

If you don't want to bother to look what is the problem, could you tell
me where did you get the source from ? And maybe also what modifications
you had to do in order to make it work (I mean compile) ?

Thank !
Vincent.

-- 
/==========================================================\
|     Vincent PENNE,          Centre de Physique Theorique |
|Tel. (0033)4 91 26 95 04       CNRS - LUMINY - Case 907   |
|Fax. (0033)4 91 26 95 53      F-13288 MARSEILLE CEDEX 9   |
|Email: [email-masked]          FRANCE              |
|http://www.cpt.univ-mrs.fr                                |
\==========================================================/
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: James Craig <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 10:08:21 +0000 (GMT)

> I tried with Doom.wad and Doom2.wad, and got the same result ...
This is a problem with ix86 Linux doom too. You just need really up to
date DOOM wad files, and they need to be called "doom.wad" not "Doom.WAD"
or "DOOM.WAD" or whatever.
Try renaming to all lower case before you try anything else; If that
doesn't work, check the version numbers on your WAD files.
--
James Craig <[email-masked]>