Subject: Linux CD

From: Ulrich Schwanecke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 13:38:51 +0100

I read

> I FTP'd everything, put it in a directory called RedHat, and burnt it into
> a CD. Problems :-

>  a ) ISO 9660 only supports 8.3 filenames - so all filenames get truncated.
>  b ) CD filenames are converted into Upper case - meaning that RedHat
>  cannot find the files - or even the RedHat directory, as it's called
>  REDHAT!

> Surely there is an easy way around this ?

> Cheers, Rob ([email-masked])

But I don't know what is the solution? So what's to do?

Uli Schwanecke ([email-masked])

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 20:40:47 +0000 (GMT)

> > Surely there is an easy way around this ?

Yes - it's called Rock-Ridge, which RiscOS does not support. ;(
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King        [email-masked]        --- ---
  | | | |    http://www.arm.uk.linux.org/~rmk/home.html      /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |