Subject: LinuxXdoom for ARM!

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 22:22:52 +0000 (GMT)

Hi all!

I thought that it was time for some small fun, so...

Great news for all those Doom fans out there - we now have LinuxDoom v1.10
working, complete with sound.  You can find the binaries on the usual FTP
site:

   ftp://ftp.arm.uk.linux.org/pub/armlinux/distrib/non-chargeable/doom

To unpack, simply untar the tar file using:

	cd /
	tar zxf linuxdoom-1.10-bin.tar.gz

It will unpack into /usr/games/bin and /usr/games/bin/doom.

Note that you will have to obtain your own copy of the .wad files required
by the doom engine.

Enjoy!  (btw, I resisted the temptation to change the cheat codes ;))
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King        [email-masked]        --- ---
  | | | |    http://www.arm.uk.linux.org/~rmk/home.html      /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: James Craig <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 10:09:08 +0000 (GMT)

> Enjoy!  (btw, I resisted the temptation to change the cheat codes ;))
Ooo. Much fun. Shame it's not going to be so hot on an ARM2 at 8Mhz.
Still, worth a shot maybe. The RISC OS one ran at about 1fps. :)

My exams just finished, I'll get to work on the 1K/sector floppy drivers
again tonight. :)

--
James Craig <[email-masked]>