Subject: PLIP

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 1998 08:41:18 +0000

>It should be able to work on RiscPCs without any problem (but I haven't been 
>able to confirm this).  However, A5000 machines definitely won't work,

Presumably you mean that the interrupt sense is inverted, rather than the line 
itself.  Does IOC not give you a way to change that?

In any case, I think there are enough other machines with this problem that 
PLIP could beneficially have an `other end has broken ACK' mode.  Various 
people are working on PLIP for extended and broken hardware at the moment, so 
let's wait and see what they come up with.

p.

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Alan Cox <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 10:32:16 +0000 (GMT)

> itself.  Does IOC not give you a way to change that?

Thats actually in common with the m68K Amiga hacked up plip tricks. Yes
it would be good to have an "inverted ack" mode.

Alan

---

From: Russ King <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 13:54:03 +0000 (GMT)

> itself.  Does IOC not give you a way to change that?

No, the ACK itself is inverted, not the interrupt sense.

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 1998 17:35:48 +0000

>No, the ACK itself is inverted, not the interrupt sense.

Ah.  Oh well, I think the same is still true.

p.