Subject: repeatable hang

From: Matthew Wilcox <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 19:29:59 +0000 (GMT)

I have a condition which will hang ARMLinux every time I try it.  I can
work around it, but it's a bit bizarre...

I telnet to an i586-linux box running kernel 2.0.33 from my arm-linux box
running 2.0.31.  Not particularly hacked around.  I then run nvi on the
i586-linux box (because it's debian and I hadn't changed it to vim yet).

I then use the cursor keys to move to the end of the file... and the arm
linux box hangs.  The only other bit of information that might prove
useful or interesting is that this is over an Ether3 card.  Anyone got
any ideas?
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: David Alan Gilbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 10:00:11 +0000

Hi Matthew,
  How hard is the hang? Do things like the capslock button
still work on the Arc? Does it ping?

Dave
-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Dr. David Alan Gilbert - WARNING! This is a beta release .signature-
- Work:    dg @ cogency.co.uk        -    0161-428-9444              -
- Home:    gro.gilbert @ treblig.org -                               -
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 00:27:17 +0000 (GMT)

> i586-linux box (because it's debian and I hadn't changed it to vim yet).

Can you strace the nvi session and send me the output (preferably
with a suitable strace -s value to allow all the write's to be captured).
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King        [email-masked]        --- ---
  | | | |    http://www.arm.uk.linux.org/~rmk/home.html      /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |