Subject: Re: ARM-Linux for the A5000

From: David Woodhouse <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 21:42:30 +0000

[email-masked] said:
> I have an A5000 which I would like to run Linux on... I understand
> that the root disk isn't quite ready and isn't the same as the RISC-PC
> root disk.

What's wrong with the root-a5k disk?

Also, are the RPMS on the FTP site compiled for ARM3, or will they all need 
recompiling?

-- 
----                              ----                              ----
David Woodhouse, Robinson College, CB3 9AN, England.   (+44) 0976 658355
    [email-masked]        http://dwmw2.robinson.cam.ac.uk
	    finger [email-masked] for PGP key.

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 23:20:31 +0000

>Also, are the RPMS on the FTP site compiled for ARM3, or will they all need 

User applications run in 26-bit mode on all CPUs, I believe.

p.