Subject: ARM-Linux for the A5000

From: John Appleby <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 20:24:14 +0000 (GMT)

Hey everyone,

I have an A5000 which I would like to run Linux on... I understand that
the root disk isn't quite ready and isn't the same as the RISC-PC root
disk.

Is there a way of installing by hand to get it to boot, or a
development root disk? There doesn't seem to be ANYTHING about this on
the web...

Cheers,

----
John Appleby,                           Pourquoi est-ce qu'un reve
Robinson College,                         ne soit jamais realise?
Cambridge University,             Simone de Beauvoir - Les Belles Images
UK.                        email: [email-masked]
Tel.: +44 1223 460954        www: http://www.apples.net
Fax.: +44 1344 22245       ntalk: [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Please do NOT send me ANY commercial email. I'm asking nicely.

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 09:37:23 +0000

>development root disk? There doesn't seem to be ANYTHING about this on

The way forward is probably NFS root.  You can cross-compile an A5000 kernel.

p.