Subject: Re: Little X problem

From: David Woodhouse <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 00:21:31 +0000

[email-masked] said:
>  Your best bet is to wait until the integration of ARM Linux with the
> main kernel source tree - chances are that the whole ARM X interface
> may well change as a result of several people's work.  Hence to remove
> yet-another- X-port which does something in a different way I don't
> think that it would be a good idea to think about XF86 yet.

Anyone working on a KGI port to Linux/ARM?
-- 
----                              ----                              ----
David Woodhouse, Robinson College, CB3 9AN, England.   (+44) 0976 658355
    [email-masked]        http://dwmw2.robinson.cam.ac.uk
	    finger [email-masked] for PGP key.

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Alan Cox <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 09:38:35 +0000 (GMT)

> Anyone working on a KGI port to Linux/ARM?

Given the current non-state of the KGI code its probably better to wait. Im
sure GGI/KGI will produce something useful but its very unlikely to be in 
quite the style it is now. Far more useful to get the generic frame buffer
consoles and Xserver working. Thats the same X server as the m68K uses for
example.

Alan