Subject: Installation Problems

From: Michael Howard <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 09:11:57 +0000 (GMT)

Hi All,

As a newcomer to arm-linux and this mailing list, can someone help with my
installation problem.

I have been attempting to install linux on my RiscPC 700 (not strongarm) for
the past few days without success. I can't get past the 'Find Installation 
Files' screen. Only one device is presented in the dialog box, /dev/hdb3, 
which is the Native Linux partition but Redhat/base and RedHat/RPMS are on 
the Filecore partition. I'm unable to change the devive presented in the box.

I'm using the latest RedHat tree from the ftp site.

One anomoly I noticed during the installation was on the partition screen, 
when I listed the partitions the Linux Table partition was reported as 
starting at '201600' which is correct, but ending at '1064447' which is the 
end of the disc.

One further point, due to the constraints of ADFS, I have the RPMS on my 
hard drive as an X-Files image, is this an acceptable medium for install
purposes? If not, how do I know which files can be left out of RPMS to create
 a single ADFS directory?

I apologise if these problems are old hat or if I'm just being a little thick
 and missing something simple but any help or advice would be appreciated 
(I am fairly capable in DRS/NX).
 
Cheers, Mick.

-- 
Mick Howard			
Warrington

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Stefan Voss <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 23:01:36 +0100

In message <[email-masked]> you wrote:

> Stefan Voss writes:
> > The most recent kernel still had insmod crashing so I had to use an
> > earlier kernel (from Oct 26th). 
> 
> What is the problem?  Does insmod give an illegal instruction?

It's still the crash that has pc=0xc4 and lr=0xc2

> 
> [...]
>
>   |   |        Russell King        [email-masked]        --- ---

Regards,
   Stefan

-- 
Stefan Voss
([email-masked])