Subject: Tool for reading adfs floppies/fs under Linux?

From: Vincent Renardias <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 22:08:36 +0100 (GMT+0100)

Hello,

I guess it's a bit off-topic here, but as the subject states I'd like to
find a way to read ADFS floppies under linux(i386). Is there any
tool/kernel patch available for this purpose?

	Cordialement,

--
- Vincent RENARDIAS                 vincent@{waw.com,pipo.com,debian.org} -
- Debian/GNU Linux:           Pipo:                    WAW:               -
- http://www.fr.debian.org    http://www.pipo.com      http://www.waw.com -
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
- "La fonctionnalite Son Visuel vous delivre des avertissements visuels." -
-                          [Message durant l'installation de Windows95] :wq

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Matthew Wilcox <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 20:15:49 +0000 (GMT)

> tool/kernel patch available for this purpose?

It's certainly possible to read ADFS hard discs under ARMLinux.  The problem
which initially discouraged me from trying ADFS floppies (which I would like
to ba able to do) is that according to the manpage, there's no assigned
floppy device with the appropriate parameters.  You need 1024-byte sectors.
The man page mentioned resetting the parameters of unused devices with an
ioctl, but I haven't got round to trying it out yet.

The patch to implement the ADFS filesystem is part of the armlinux patch
which is available from ftp.arm.uk.linux.org:/armlinux/ but it is not
available separately.  I suggested to someone a while back that this would
be something which could be added to the 2.1 development early as it should
be more-or-less independant of any other necessary changes, but this has
not happened.