Subject: Added info on mount problem

From: Linux mailing Lists <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 22:31:30 +0000

Hi.

I don't know if this is any use in trying to solve my problem but since
having the problem with trying to do

mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 mnt

and

mount -t adfs /dev/hda1 adfs

I have found that there is no file called fd0 or hda1 inside the dev dir. I
don't know whether I am being stupid or if that is anythign significant but I
would have thought there should be something in there shouldn't there? I
haven't installed the rpms because according to the installation guide I have
seen this is supposed to be done first. If anyone can help can they mail me.
It would be much appreciated. I thought everything was gping fine up until
this point.

Daniel
-- 

Falcon Logic Software Division

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Vincent Renardias <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 01:18:53 +0100 (GMT+0100)

> It would be much appreciated. I thought everything was gping fine up until

You can create /dev/fd0 by typing 'mknod /dev/fd0 b 2 0'.
If you don't have hda1 (IDE disks), try if sda1 (SCSI) work.
Or create them by 'mknod /dev/hda1 b 3 1' and 'mknod /dev/sda1 b 8 1'.

	Good luck...

--
- Vincent RENARDIAS                 vincent@{waw.com,pipo.com,debian.org} -
- Debian/GNU Linux:           Pipo:                    WAW:               -
- http://www.fr.debian.org    http://www.pipo.com      http://www.waw.com -
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
- "La fonctionnalite Son Visuel vous delivre des avertissements visuels." -
-                          [Message durant l'installation de Windows95] :wq