Subject: Re: Installation problems from rootdisc+cd

From: [email-masked] (Paul Kent)
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 97 19:14:51

[email-masked] wrote:
> I am trying to install ArmLinux from the clan cd.my scsi drive wouldnt show
the right ends of partitions using the old boot loader. I could get the kernel
to boot from floppy, and go into install, with the video problems making the
screen practically unreadable. I tried both an old and new version of SCSI
manager, and the loader and kernel partitioners without success.
> 
> 
> any suggestions where I'm going wrong??
> 
> running riscpc riscos3.7 strongarm 40 Mb Ram 1 Mb Video
> 
> 2 adfs hard drives, 1 cumana scsi i/f + 1 drive (IBM KZ-P 146 154 Mb),
486sx25 2nd proc.
> -- 

yes I'm still having problems....
        I got no further with partioning the scsi drive sucessfully, and now I
have a new problem. I downloaded the new bootloader from the website, after the
acorn show. it is supposed to clean up the screen for 1Mb video users...
on attempting to unpack the kernel, it starts on the left hand side of the
screen. then seems to write across the full length of the screen, so that the
left margin is in the middle of the screen, then wraps round. I don't know if
it has fixed the problem with the lines being split horizontally on reaching
the bottom of the screen, as it never gets there..

        on trying to run the install after asking for the first disk change, it
freezes up totally. its not the wrong disk, as it tries to unpack the blocks
from the disk, and it worked on the old bootloader. the only way i have found
to bring the machine to its senses after this is a reset.
-- 
 __  __  __  __      __ ___   _____________________________________________
|__||__)/ __/  \|\ ||_   |   /
|  ||  \\__/\__/| \||__  |  /...Internet access for all Acorn RISC machines
___________________________/ [email-masked]