Subject: scsi faults? the boot

From: G a r a n <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 19:18:19 +0000

hi

Here is what it says :

It knows the card is there :

0:[0000:0002] SCSI expansion card
8:[0000:0007] Acorn econet

but then later

scsi : 0 hosts
scsi : detected total

I'm confused.

thanks

Garan
-- 
garan @ digiserve . com     

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 21:14:39 +0000

>8:[0000:0007] Acorn econet

Are you sure you compiled the right driver into your kernel?  If so, it looks 
like the driver is buggy.

p.

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 23:05:15 +0000 (GMT)

> 8:[0000:0007] Acorn econet

That has absolutely no bearing on whether the kernel has a driver in it for this or
not.  These messages are those obtained automatically from the expansion cards.

> scsi : detected total

Have you tried inserting the acornscsi_mod.o module?
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King        [email-masked]        --- ---
  | | | |    http://www.arm.uk.linux.org/~rmk/home.html      /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |