Subject: scsi faults? hardware or software?

From: G a r a n <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 18:27:54 +0000

hi

After trying much with mknod, I can't mount my scsi drive, whereas the ide
drive will always mount fine.  I get the feeling linux doesn't like my drive
for three reasons :

1.  The activity light on the scsi drive comes on and stays on permanently
when I boot linux.  It stays on and never turns off until reboot.

2.  No mention of my scsi drive (203mb maxtor on device 0) is seen on the
boot up sequence although both my scsi card (aka31) and econet card are
detected.

3.  Partman always insists that the filecore partition is 203mb even when it
is not.

The drive works perfectly under riscos and always has.  I'm using kernel,
partman, bootloader and all that which I downloaded two days ago, so are recent.

Anyone any ideas?  Are there any other programs than scsidm to use with an
acorn scsi card.

Thanks for your help

Garan  (it's a rpc600 with 8mb 1mb vram. aka31 scsi, econet expansion)
-- 
garan @ digiserve . com     

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]