Subject: EBSA 285 utilities

From: "Neil A. Carson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 1997 00:51:40 +0000

Not all of this directly concerns Linux/RiscBSD, but some may be of use
to users of the above board or the 21285 chip...

An update for the ARM/PCI followers,

Some information on the EBSA285 stuff: Angelboot, our 'ANGEL' upload
protocol faker developed with Perihelion and Dave Rusling at DEC,
will soon  be available from our web page at http://www.causality.com.
I gather that Dave may also be supplying copies elsewhere.

We also have a bootloader for the EBSA285, providing bootp, tftp, nfs,
hard disc, iso cd9660 etc bootloading available for licence cheaply, as
a faster alternative to angelboot. Binary images of this may also
be given away---mail [email-masked] (this is a human, not an
automatic mailer) for more info.

NetBSD is also now available for the 21285, and will be merged into the
main arm32 source tree shortly: This goes very quickly, with hard disc
transfers  in excess of 10MB/sec, saturating 100BaseTX networks etc. If
you want a copy early, again e-mail the above address.

-- 
Causality information

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: "Ka'Plaagh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 13:35:49 -0000 (GMT)

Neil (or Mr Info),

        cool.  We should meet up early next year so that I can grab copies of
this and set up an EBSA-285 based BSD demonstration system here in Reading.  I
now have a FreeBSD 2.2.2a CD, so I _may_ even have installed it by then...

Dave

>you want a copy early, again e-mail the above address.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
David A Rusling                         Consulting Engineer
European Semiconductor Applications     Digital Equipment Co Ltd.,
        Engineering                     PO Box 121,
                                        Imperial Way,
                                        Worton Grange
                                        Reading RG2 0TU
Linux, Alpha, StrongArm, PCI            Tel: UK-(0)1734-204380
                                        Fax: UK-(0)1734-203133
----------------------------------------------------------------------
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]