Subject: Problems with latest !linux and !LinConfig

From: [email-masked] (John Lagrue)
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 1997 22:19:42 +0000 (GMT)

I have just retrieved the latest !linux and !LinConfig from the ARM
Linux ftp site. There seems to be a problem wth LinConfig in that when
I try to run it it errors with:

"You need Linux 3.20 or better"

and tells me to get it from the ARM Linux ftp site.

What's gone wrong?

JDL

-- 
John Lagrue

---

From: Bernhard Mogens Ege <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 08:39:22 GMT

>>>>> "John" == John Lagrue <[email-masked]> writes:

> What's gone wrong?

As far as I can tell there is an error in the !Run file for
!LinConfig. It is checking for a system variable (the name I cannot
remember but it should be obvious if you compare with the error
message). I just commented out the check and the CDir line in that obey
file and everything worked.

It is NOT the fix, just a workaround. It will work if you previously had
linux setup (I think it should fix !LinConfig of complaining when not
being able to save its configuration files in Choices:ARMLinux (or
whatever)).

Bernhard

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Bernhard Mogens Ege, M.Sc.E.E.  |           | E-mail:      [email-masked]
 Laboratory of Image Analysis    |      /(   | Direct call:   +45 96 35 87 85
 Institute of Electronic Systems |   ._//(   | Switchboard:   +45 96 35 80 80
 Aalborg University              |  /  |  \  | Fax:           +45 98 15 40 08
 Frederik Bajersvej 7, D1-205    |  A  A  U  | Homepage:
 DK-9220 Aalborg East            |           | http://www.vision.auc.dk/~bme
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Home: H.C.Andersens Vej 26 st.mf., DK-9000 Aalborg, Phone: +45 20 42 99 26
------------------------------------------------------------------------------