Subject: Control...

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 20:30:18 +0000 (GMT)

It should be very nice if people could check before starting to work on
some area of this project.

It helps if everyone does not start doing the same activity at the same time,
and also would help to get the areas that DO need to be worked on done.

This is logical isn't it?

My questions are:
1) Do we have an ELF binutils or don't we?
2) Do we have a 2.1 kernel source tree or don't we?
3) Do we have ELF GCC or don't we?
4) Are there any RedHat packages that have been compiled up or aren't there?

It seems to me although you lot are all so happy to take my work but what
am I getting in return?  Nothing.

Hint:  You don't get something for nothing.

Come on now, let's try to make this project work both ways.

Another hint:  Parent pressure is urging me not to do anything else on
this project.  It seems although that is absolutely correct...

Everyone who uses ARM Linux owes me a lot - I have spent 3 years full
work on this project and I have asked little in return.

For instance, there is little point in integrating ARM with the 2.1 kernel
without first being able to build it to find out if it works.

Also, please note that the source patches on the FTP site are now not the
whole story - if you start to integrate them then that will be a waste of
time.  You'll have to re-integrate them again when various patches come
in from several commercial or otherwise sources which are working on the
2.0.31 tree.

All that I ask now is that you communicate and let people KNOW what is going
on.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King        [email-masked]        --- ---
  | | | |    http://www.arm.uk.linux.org/~rmk/home.html      /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |