Subject: How to install from Clan CD

From: Phil Norman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 15:20:21 +0000 (GMT)

Right.  I said I'd do it, and I've finally got round to it.  Last night, 
over several cups of coffee (and many hours) I reinstalled armlinux on my 
spare hard drive (just to see how it's done) using the Clan CD things.

I've written a text file, got together all the little binaries, instimage 
and base they are needed (except for those things required by the normal 
installation method) and I'm just zipping them up now.  It'll come out to 
be approximately a 3.3meg archive (zip -9) and will be available on my 
web site shortly (URL below).

So if anyone wants to install arm-linux from the Clan CD, a guide to 
doing so is now available.  You will need the original installation guide 
and the files and applications that that guide requires, but this 
supplemental guide should provide everything else.

BTW, I think it'd be a good idea to have a file on the arm-linux ftp site 
describing the various arm-linux support packages available and where to 
get hold of them.  I say this because I think it's unlikely that people 
will know where my installation guide is or my ext2fs partition reader is 
unless they are specifically told or such an index file exists.  Also, I 
know there is an x-files reader for linux, but I don't know where to get 
it from.  It would be very useful for installing off the Clan CD actually 
- if someone will tell me where to get it I'll alter my installation 
guide accordingly.

Thanks,
Phil

-- 
Phil Norman, mailing from Exeter Uni.
Programs available for download from my web page.
email:  [email-masked]
web:    http://newton.ex.ac.uk/general/ug/norman