Subject: Re: Status on the project

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 22:19:22 +0000 (GMT)

Olof Backing writes:
> The choice for Linux 2.1.X also requires ELF as you know. I have tried to
> make some porting of binutils and gcc, but read recently (after learning
> about this list) that RMK had made some progress in ELF ARM (making my work
> obsolete due to my current knowledge in ELF). The current topic seems to be
> the implementation of SL, but this is nothing we believe that we will use
> in the first phase due to the specific environment that Linux will operate
> in.

I'm not too sure if I've made all of your work obsolete - I've hardly looked
into GCC atm.  My main objective at the moment is to get ELF objects and
executables working, as well as the first stages of the shared library support.

> My request/question is if it's possible to have a copy of the work/patches
> done so far in order to test if Linux 2.1.X will run in our environment.

I am looking to making the patches available in some form or another shortly,
however it may be a tar file of the files that I *think* that I have changed.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King        [email-masked]        --- ---
  | | | |    http://www.arm.uk.linux.org/~rmk/home.html      /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |

-
unsubscribe: body of 'unsubscribe elf-arm' to [email-masked]