Subject: Partition reader - it's working!

From: Phil Norman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 17:04:54 +0000 (GMT)

Hi!

I've just (as of this morning) got all the various bits and bobs working 
enough for an alpha release.  I know of several bugs which need to be 
fixed, and it's not incredibly stable, but it works reasonably well.  It 
hasn't screwed up my hard disc yet anyway ;-).

Since it's for linux, which is a very GNUey thing, I'm distributing it 
under the GPL, so the downloadable thing includes the source code.

Many appologies for the source code BTW.  I wanted to get this project 
done quickly, so I just hacked at it rather than trying to program it 
prettily.  As a result, the source code looks like the result of a small 
nuclear detonation, but it compiles up with no warnings, so that's good 
enough for me ;-).

I've put ExeterFS on my web page - it's pretty near the top and the 
binary is about 80-odd k.  It's in Dicottery format (explained on the web 
page) so set the filetype of the archive to Absolute (ff8) and 
double-click on it.  It'll decompress via a save box.

Anyway, I'll probably do a bit of debugging on it over the week (although 
I'll be spending lots of time on uni work, which I've neglected 
recently), and hopefully get something a bit more stable before too 
long.  Thanks everyone who's helped, especially Matthew Wilcox, James 
Craig and David Waring.

Bye for now,
Phil

-- 
Phil Norman, mailing from Exeter Uni.
Programs available for download from my web page.
email:  [email-masked]
web:    http://newton.ex.ac.uk/general/ug/norman