Subject: ARM CPU/mobo

From: "B. James Phillippe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 20:05:05 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

	I'm interested in building a decent lightweight system based on
ARM, for running linux.  I'd like to use Digital's latest StrongARM
processor, and hopefully find a motherboard with PCI and (E)ISA slots that
I can reuse some of my existing hardware with (video, SCSI, ether, etc).
It would also have to have an onboard IDE controller.  If anyone has some
experience or advice I could tap into, I would be very greatful.

thanks,
-bp
--
B. James Phillippe <[email-masked]>
UNIX, Linux, networks, C, Perl, Java, etc.

---

From: Alan Cox <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 10:01:26 +0000 (GMT)

> experience or advice I could tap into, I would be very greatful.

Before we went Intel for our stuff (installed base, stable platform, cheap
devel kit etc etc etc) I looked hard to IDE. The Cirrus 7100 at least has
enough GPIO pins to bitbang IDE with no additional hardware. Im not sure
if the SA1100 has

---

From: "Neil A. Carson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 12:24:20 +0000

> experience or advice I could tap into, I would be very greatful.

Greetings,

We're doing a board that sounds just like what you want: StrongARM,
21285 PCI bridge, PCI->ISA bridge with 4 slots, 66MHz SDRAM, USB and a
few other frills (see the very unimpressive web page at www.chaltech.com
for more information). We're going to port ARMLinux to it after we've
done the NetBSD port---if someone else hasn't by then :-)

Availability-wise, we're looking at end-of-year right now.

	Cheers,

	Neil

-- 
Neil A. Carson                     Business development and marketing
E-mail: [email-masked]         Causality Limited (London, UK)
Web: http://www.causality.com.     Office tel/fax: +44 (0)181 930 7408
Sent from a 233MHz StrongARM N|C!  Mobile: +44 (0)370 593183
SA110+1100, 21285/PCI, ARM, RTOSs, NetBSD, 3D, Image Processing, NC OSs