Subject: New 2.0.31 kernel, root disk and new loader

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 21:56:15 +0000 (GMT)

Hi all!

I have just uploaded a new kernel to fix the following problems:

1) EtherLan 500 driver not functional.
2) ICS partitions not correctly recognised.

The root disk contains updated modules for this kernel.

The new boot loader (3.20b) fixes the complaint that !LinConfig has
about !Linux's version.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King        [email-masked]        --- ---
  | | | |    http://www.arm.uk.linux.org/~rmk/home.html      /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |

---

From: [email-masked] (John Lagrue)
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 1997 15:44:04 +0000 (GMT)

> I have just uploaded a new kernel to fix the following problems:

Got it.

> 2) ICS partitions not correctly recognised.

Yes, it does now recognise the hdd1, hdd2 and hdd3 partitions
on the disc.

I can do this:
	mknod /dev/hdd1 b 22 65
	mke2fs /dev/hdd1
	
and it creates a 500Mb Ext2 filesystem. However, it also removes
the IDEFS partioning information and the other 2 RiscOS partitions
disappear :-(

Would it be better for me to try it on the last partition on the
disc rather than the first? I'll try that later and let you know.

If working toward the end of the disc rather than the first works
without removing the RiscOS partitioning information, would it be
best to use IDEFormat to create all the partitions that I want to
use and then use mke2fs to write the correct filesystems onto them?

> The new boot loader (3.20b) fixes the complaint that !LinConfig has

Hmmmm. Not on my machine it doesn't. Sorry.

JDL

-- 
John Lagrue