Subject: I know, you know, but I've got problems...

From: Phil Norman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 16:03:42 +0000 (GMT)

...compiling the kernel source.

I've managed to compile the kernel, and got it to work ok.  When I tried 
booting into it it complained loudly at me, so I hacked it and altered 
the first word to 'B &20' (the precompiled kernels I have have that so I 
thought it'd be best to add it to my own kernel too).  I then tried 
booting again, and it worked right up to the point where it should look 
at the hard disc.  Unfortunately, 'hda timed out' so I had to 
Ctrl-Alt-Del it to death.

Any ideas on what could be going wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Phil

P.S. I'm using a RPC with the built-in IDE interface with 1 hard drive 
and a Cumana indigo (horrid name) attached.

-- 
Phil Norman, mailing from Exeter Uni.
Programs available for download from my web page.
email:  [email-masked]
web:    http://newton.ex.ac.uk/general/ug/norman