Subject: Internal HD problem

From: Matthew Wilcox <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 14:56:42 +0000 (GMT)

I've bought my 2MB VRAM.  Now..

hda: Connor peripherals 210MB - CFS210A, 203MB w/32kB cache, CHS = 685/16/38
hda: IRQ probe failed (-2)
.
.
.
hda: irq timeout: status=0x50 {DriveReady, SeekComplete}
(repeated multiple times)

other relevant infos:

Installed Expansion Card
0: [0046:00D4] i-cubed ltd, EtherLan 500 interface
19036/20480 k free
Kernel compiled on Sun Sep 7 20:41:54 by src@raistlin

P.S. Russ, do you have a machine called Fistandantilus?

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 22:13:13 +0000 (GMT)

> hda: IRQ probe failed (-2)

This seems to be saying 'I've detected some activity on IRQ2 (Floppy Index!),
as well as some other activity as well, and it doesn't know which interrupt is
correct...

I may have to permanently mask IRQ2 from the autoprobe...  Can you try
running Linux from a hard disk and see if that works?
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King        [email-masked]        --- ---
  | | | |    http://www.arm.uk.linux.org/~rmk/home.html      /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |