Subject: EADFS and ARMLinux

From: Sergio Monesi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 1997 20:20:32 +0200

Hello,
I'm going to buy a biggish (>2Gb) IDE disc in order to install ARMLinux
properly and have some more RISC OS space (I currently have a 540Mb disc).

I want to leave 1Gb to ARMLinux and the rest for RISC OS but I'd like to use
EADFS in order to have more RISC OS partitions (to keep the LFAU down and
avoid wasting a lot of space!). Can I use EADFS with ARMLinux?

I haven't EADFS now, so I don't even know how it works, I suppose it creates
a 'main' ADFS partition and then either uses a partition table (probably
pointed to by the ADFS bootblock) or simply uses a chained list of 'virtual'
discs using bootblock pointers.

Also, can I have RiscBSD and ARMLinux installed on the same disc? AFAIK both
uses the ADFS bootblock to point their own partition, so it shouldn't be
possible to do this... I prefer to avoid playing with /etc/disktab or similar
dangerous stuff...

Regards,
Sergio

PS: Is anybody going to write an EXT2FS for RISC OS? This will obviously
solve all my (and many other people's) problems...

-- 
Sergio Monesi...
char *email[]={"[email-masked]","[email-masked]"};
char *www[]={"http://bounce.to/sergio"};  /* no, it's not a joke, try it! */
// Windows is the best $89 solitare game you can buy!