Subject: RE: Advice on linux for an u/g A310

From: Michael Short <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 97 11:19:00 PDT

is this an Amiga 310 or Acorn 310?

I have Linux for the Acorn..

 -M Short
[email-masked]

 -----Original Message-----

Hello,

I want to install linux on my old A310 and would appreciate a little
advice. It has a 36Mhz arm 3 upgrade and 4meg of ram. I've also got
an ICS IDE interface with an 80meg drive spare. Which kernel should
I use for this setup? and is 80meg enough hd space? It also only has
the original akf11? display (i.e. not VGA). Is this enough?

I mainly want to use it for demand-dial internet access and mail/news.
I will need to get a serial port card and ethernet card so which of
these are best supported?

Thanks for any help,

Mark.

 --