Subject: EBSA-285

From: David Alan Gilbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 13:47:12 +0000

Hi,
 I've just got off the phone with Eurodis-Bytech - DECs UK distributor.
I'd had to ring them back twice but finally they've managed to get a
price on this.

  The EBSA-285 (they're code QR-21A-85-11) is listed as #523.50+VAT
on 8 week delivery.  I think thats around #150 more than I remember the guy
at digital originally suggesting when I rang up when the EBSA-285
was originally announced (I think!).  I'm not 100% sure what
you actually get for your money in terms of RAM, documentation etc.

For those who haven't been following, the EBSA-285 is a StrongARM with PCI
interface. It can apparently plug into a standard PC as a strongARM development
card or be used with a backplane to build a standalone system.

So on 8 week delivery its order now in time for christmas!

Dave
-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
- David Alan Gilbert - WARNING! This is a beta release .signature    -
- Work:    dg @ cogency.co.uk        -    0161-428-9444              -
- Home:    gro.gilbert @ treblig.org -                               -
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Alan Cox <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 14:11:17 +0100 (BST)

> you actually get for your money in terms of RAM, documentation etc.

I'd be interested to know - although that price is a bit steep except as
a devel kit. Certainly rules out putting 4 of them in a PCI 486 to built
a crypto crunching box

Alan

---

From: Paul Koning <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 13:33:52 -0400

>>>>> "David" == David Alan Gilbert <[email-masked]> writes:

 David> The EBSA-285 (they're code QR-21A-85-11) is listed as
 David> #523.50+VAT on 8 week delivery.  I think thats around #150
 David> more than I remember the guy at digital originally suggesting
 David> when I rang up when the EBSA-285 was originally announced (I
 David> think!).  I'm not 100% sure what you actually get for your
 David> money in terms of RAM, documentation etc.

Look in http://www.digital.com/semiconductor/strongarm/sa-evaldownload.htm
(or its shadow at www.europe.digital.com), you'll find a pile of stuff
there.

It's interesting that the only way to find this is by searching for
the part name; it doesn't show up in any index.

The question I'd love to see answered is "what about the SA1100 eval
platform?" 

	paul