Subject: More questions about installing ARM Linux

From: [email-masked] (John Lagrue)
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 21:43:24 BST

Thankyou for the help so far; but I still have more questions :-)

When I first try running the !linux app with the -bootkernel switch with
the rpc kernel that I retrieved from the ARM Linux pages it sems to start
up OK, but then goes off trying to find hda and hdb partitions on my
harddiscs, and never gets any further than slowly reporting that they
don't appear to be there!

Secondly, when I run !PartMan, I specify the IDEFS partition 7, and have
to enter the Geometry as given to me by fsck. Fsck gives me the disc size
in bytes, so !PartMan gets the logical disc size correct as 500Mb, with 
Sector size 512, heads 16, sectors 63 after I tell it that this must mean
1016 tracks. However, though it shows me the partition with start sector
0, end sector 1024127, it won't actually let me do anything. The 'New'
menu option  does not do anything at all. I presume that this is because
it realises that the partition covers the whole logical disc, but I cannot
see how to alter that.

I am using ICS IDE card with 2x 1Gb drives, partitioned into 6 logical
drives all smaller than 512Mb. RiscPC 600, RISC OS 3.5

Any thoughts or suggestions?

JDL

-- 
John Lagrue