Subject: Installed at last!

From: Phil Norman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 20:39:49 +0100 (BST)

If you remember, I emailed a few times about my problems installing 
ARMLinux.  Anyway, after a brief talk with a friend (can't remember his 
real name, but he's know as MadHacker), I tried moving 'instimage' to 
somewhere else, and it worked.  So the installation method I mentioned, 
isntalling from the same partition as you're installing to, works, but 
you just need to put 'instimage' in the same directory as 'RedHat', not 
inside 'RedHat'.

So I now (at last) have a complete installation of armlinux :-)  cool!

See ya,
Phil

-- 

=============================================
= Phil Norman  -  [email-masked] =
= http://newton.ex.ac.uk/general/ug/norman  =
=    Acorn fanatic and physics student      =
=============================================

---

From: James Craig <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 22:29:54 +0100 (BST)

> somewhere else, and it worked.  So the installation method I mentioned, 
Hi Phil. My name's James Craig. ;) You could just have got it from
oaktree...
It might be an idea if you tell everyone exactly *where* it should be,
because I'm fairly certain that other people will be trying the same thing
as yourself, and it might prove helpful more generally.
-- James Craig <[email-masked]>

---

From: Phil Norman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 23:10:12 +0100 (BST)

> -- James Craig <[email-masked]>

OK then - to install off a hard disc you need this:

/RedHat/RPMS		contains the RPM files
/RedHat/base		contains base distribution (off ftp site)
/instimage		contains instimage stuff off ftp site

I'm not sure if /RedHat/base is actually needed, but I felt it was better
to be safe.  It would be rather nice if there was a zip file on the
armlinux ftp site containing all of 'instimage', since I had to ftp each 
file over individually, recreate the directory structure and then zip the 
thing up, which was a pain in the neck.

Thanks,
Phil

--