Subject: Re: StrongARM in light of Digital/Intel agreement

From: Daniel Shimmin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 12:53:33 +0000

> Does anyone on the list know what position this puts the
> StrongARM in?

Intel takes over StrongARM production as well, from what I've
heard (third-hand rumour, mind you...)

dgs

---

From: Mark smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 17:05:49 +0000

Well unfortunately Intel does get the StrongARM Risc chip 
technology....

.... Bugger!

Its on the front page of the October 29 1997 issue (Issue 1041) 
of PC Dealer.

Mark
[email-masked]

---

From: Paul Koning <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 14:47:13 -0500

>>>>> "Mark" == Mark smith <[email-masked]> writes:

 Mark> Well unfortunately Intel does get the StrongARM Risc chip
 Mark> technology....

Considering they have nothing like it, that may not be bad.  It lets
them try for a market they don't currently have...

	paul

---

From: Alan Cox <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 20:40:50 +0000 (GMT)

> Well unfortunately Intel does get the StrongARM Risc chip 

I've had it confirmed by a Digital semi guy whose about to become an Intel
empire droid

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 22:36:35 +0000 (GMT)

> them try for a market they don't currently have...

Or does it allow Intel to shut down DECs manufacturing lines and get them
producing Pentiums as well (not StrongARMs)...
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King        [email-masked]        --- ---
  | | | |    http://www.arm.uk.linux.org/~rmk/home.html      /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |