Subject: It works (sort of)

From: Bernhard Mogens Ege <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 06:54:11 GMT

Hi,

I finally got xdm and other x-games to work. The solution was to compile
my own kernel and modules (but the config for th kernel does matter).

My third attempt at compiling the kernel produced the kernel that would
allow xdm to start properly. I am not sure what made the kernel work,
but I did disable version information on the modules and some other
net-stuff.

My only problem is now that during boot, all sorts of modules problems
seem to happen (non-fatal). None of the modules produced do match the
kernel (allthough they will load happily, even slip and ppp) and it
doesn't look good during boot (produces about 8-10 lines of warnings
from depmod). I also get messages about some missing modules (net-fp-4
and net-fp-5) later in the boot stage, I think just after entering
init-level 3.

Should I worry about these warnings/errors? ARMLinux does seem happy
everywhere else (hmmm, except for my screen problem). :-)

Bernhard

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Bernhard Mogens Ege, M.Sc.E.E.  |           | E-mail:      [email-masked]
 Laboratory of Image Analysis    |      /(   | Direct call:   +45 96 35 87 85
 Institute of Electronic Systems |   ._//(   | Switchboard:   +45 96 35 80 80
 Aalborg University              |  /  |  \  | Fax:           +45 98 15 40 08
 Frederik Bajersvej 7, D1-205    |  A  A  U  | Homepage:
 DK-9220 Aalborg East            |           | http://www.vision.auc.dk/~bme
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Home: H.C.Andersens Vej 26 st.mf., DK-9000 Aalborg, Phone: +45 20 42 99 26
------------------------------------------------------------------------------