Subject: Missing passwd + more

From: Sergio Monesi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 18:14:49 +0200

I finally managed to install ARMLinux using DOS floppies only and having only
a Linux partition of 100Mb. It has been quite a boring task but it worked,
thanks to the ability of the new kernel/installation discs to mount DOS
floppies and ADFS harddiscs!

I just installed the base RPMs and now I am trying to install the C
Development sets.

Although I think I installed all the RPMs (the RedHat installer doesn't seem
to care if some RPMs are missing), I feel that some file is still missing,
for example passwd (I don't know where it should reside, probably in /bin).
Having installed most of the C stuff there are some headers missing in
/usr/include, /usr/include/sys/types.h tries to include a linux/types.h
although I have no linux directory in /usr/include. I don't know in which RPM
/usr/include/linux could be since I think I installed all the sensibly named
ones...

Can anybody help me please? Where do I find the missing data? If anybody has
a full installation using "rpm -q" it should be possible to tell where each
file comes from.

Regards,
Sergio

PS: Is it just me or this is the most quiet mailling list in the whole
Internet? :-)

-- 
Sergio Monesi...
char *email[]={"[email-masked]","[email-masked]"};
// To hell with the prime directive, let's kill something.

---

From: Matthew Wilcox <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 18:13:44 +0100 (BST)

> /usr/include/linux could be since I think I installed all the sensibly named

In many installations, these are symlinks to inside /usr/src/linux.

> PS: Is it just me or this is the most quiet mailling list in the whole

You're on the wrong mailing list.  Try [email-masked]

---

From: Pete Bradbury <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 17:56:24 +0100 (BST)

> You're on the wrong mailing list.  Try [email-masked]
How can I subscribe from this one and onto the other, I've been getting trickle from this mailing list for ages:-(
Regards,

Pete

-- 
Pete Bradbury ======================= 
              Milton Keynes, England
              ================================================
              ARM powered !!!!!!!!!!! RiscPC 700 - 42 meg RAM
              ================================================