Subject: Maintainer of sources for EBSA-110

From: Olof Backing <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 12:51:07 +0200

Who is the maintainer of the sources for the EBSA-100 board? I'm planning
for a port of 2.1 to a EBSA-110 look-alike board.

/Olof

Olof Backing     Net Insight AB              Phone: +46-8 449 22 36
                 Ingenjörsvägen 3, 2tr       Fax:   +46-8 449 22 40
                 S-117 43 Stockholm          mailto:[email-masked]
                 Sweden                      http://www.netinsight.se

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 21:11:42 +0100 (BST)

> for a port of 2.1 to a EBSA-110 look-alike board.

You can't port 2.1 until we have ELF.  Do you have ELF?  I wish that I could
run the 2.1 kernels, but it just isn't possible at the moment with ARM.

BTW, for peoples info, I have sent a mail to ARM Ltd to tell them to get
their finger out or else they'll have someone else write their standards
for them.  So far, no response, so I might mail some more important people
with the same mail again...
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King        [email-masked]        --- ---
  | | | |    http://www.arm.uk.linux.org/~rmk/home.html      /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |

---

From: "Neil A. Carson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 18:36:40 +0100

> with the same mail again...

Well they've actually written the standard now, because their ltest
toolchain generates the stuff. Can you bung a copy to me when you've
fished it out? Probably no point in both of us attacking them in one go
:)

	Neil

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 19:30:43 -0000

>with the same mail again...

Nobody at ARM aside from Earnshaw has seemed more than slightly concerned by 
the prospect of having standards written by other people, and at least one 
person I've spoken to there seemed to view it as (a) inevitable and (b) not 
necessarily that much of a bad thing.

I've had somebody else mail me who's interested in working on ELF.  Haven't 
had time to reply to them yet, admittedly (bizarrely, due to being too busy 
working on NetBSD for the ARM) but I'll get around to it soon.

p.