Subject: ARM Linux and DEC EBSA-110 Board

From: Michael Short <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 97 10:06:00 PDT

I have been trying to get Arm Linux running on my EBSA-110 Board.

I load bootp into memory, and execute it, I set up a bootp server on my   
network, that assigns the
EBSA-110 board an IP address, and then tries to load and execute a   
specified file defined on the bootp server I believe..

I have a few questions.

1) After my EBSA-110 has An IP address, what should be loaded? a Linux   
Kernel, or a Boot/Load Module?

2) Are these binaries (a boot loader/linux kernel for EBSA-110) available   
all ready to use? Do they need to be compiled from source?

3) If source needs to be compiled, where is a "free" compiler at, what   
platform does it need to be run on, where can
   the source files be obtained?

If anyone can help me on these few items I would greatly appreciate it..

I have been stuck at this point for a very long time..
I hope these questions do not seem of a stupid nature, I joined the   
mailing list yesterday..

I have been trying to learn how the EBSA-110 works, and I also want to   
get Linux running in it, but I have not been
very successful as of late..

Thank You.

 -M Short
[email-masked]