Subject: fpem.o problem again

From: Chris Coe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 21:23:28 +0100 (BST)

Hi all,

Sorry to follow up my original posting straight away, but I have since
learned that removing the 32Mb SIMM from slot 1 (slot 0 is 8Mb) cures
the problem, and the machine no longer hangs when attempting to load
fpem.o. Using a spare 4Mb SIMM that I had lying about, I tried various
combinations of 4/8/32, and the machine crashed every time the 32Mb was
plugged in, and never crashed when it wasn't. I have heard of a problem
like this before on PC cards, but my PC card works perfectly. So, is it
a problem with my DRAM or a memory limitation bug in fpem.o? And if it's
the former, what do I do??!!

Cheers,

Chris.

-- 
Chris Coe                           Phone: (01603) 868707 Mon-Sun 4pm-10pm
Norsoft Productions                   Fax: (01603) 868707 Mon-Fri 9am-4pm
PD software for Acorn computers     Email: mailto:[email-masked]
                                    AX.25: M0AZW @ GB7TLH.#35.GBR.EU

---

From: Ale Terlevich <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 11:07:58 +0100 (BST)

> learned that removing the 32Mb SIMM from slot 1 (slot 0 is 8Mb) cures

  Hi,

   I think you problem may be due to your having >=24MB RAM.  I had a 
similar problem on my machine. It was cured by Russel, and a new set of 
root/supplemental disks and enw kernels were put online at the FTP site.

  Try using the latest ones of these you can.

Hope that helps!

Ale.

P.s. the disks are in

ftp://ftp.arm.uk.linux.org/pub/armlinux/distrib/disks/

and the kernels are in
ftp://ftp.arm.uk.linux.org/pub/armlinux/distrib/kernels/