Subject: Bah - I've lost the Subject line

From: Dickon Hood <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 1997 00:01:47 +0100

In message <[email-masked]> you wrote:

: The plan to go scsi has failed due to lack of cash.  However, can I plug
: another IDE hard disc onot my RiscPC?  I have one small one already and a CD
: rom drive.  How many devices can it take?  Also, I'd have no room in my
: single slice to put it!

Nominally, yes.  ATAPI CDROM drives aren't actually devices according to the
IDE bus, however I'm not sure how, and I'm not sure if it is actually
possible given Acorn's IDE bus.  If you've got a podule slot spare, I can
recommend drilling two holes in the bay, and fixing a HD there.  That's how
I've managed to get three HDs, a CD ROM drive, a DAT drive and a podule in
two slices.

-- 
Dickon Hood

I've now managed to find my .signature file, normal service
will be resumed when Connex South Central get their act together.
We apologise for the inconvenience in the mean time.

---

From: Ale Terlevich <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 1997 10:57:16 +0100 (BST)

> The plan to go scsi has failed due to lack of cash.  However, can I plug
> another IDE hard disc onot my RiscPC?  I have one small one already and a CD
> rom drive.  How many devices can it take?  Also, I'd have no room in my
> single slice to put it!

 Sorry, 2 devices is the limit for the motherboard IDE connector.

Your other option is to buy a cheap large IDE HD, and throw away your 
small one.

Ale.