Subject: Question about ebsa285

From: "Kyle A.D. Mestery" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 09:31:23 -0500 (CDT)

Hi, I have been talking to David Russling about getting linux-arm on my
ebsa285 eval board.  We want to do this so we can test some code we are
developing for the StronARM.  I grabbed kernel source from ftp.dec.com
that David had been working on, and I have succesfully cross-compiled a
kernel from an i386-linux machine.  David said to ask on the list if
anyone has any ideas about how I might get the kernel loaded onto the
board.  The only means it has to communicate to the world now is through a
serial port.  I realize this would be slow, but ... =)  Any ideas?  Also,
cc me with any replies, I am not on the list.  Thanks!

Kyle Mestery
StorageTek's Network Systems Group
7600 Boone Ave. N.,  Brooklyn Park, MN 55428
[email-masked], [email-masked]

"You do not greet Death, you punch him in the throat 
repeatedly until he drags you away."	--No Fear

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 09:20:13 +0100

In message <Pine.SOL.3.96.970915092834.6265A-100000@chainsaw>, "Kyle A.D. Meste
>cc me with any replies, I am not on the list.  Thanks!

I don't know much about the EBSA, but does it have the facility for you to put 
the kernel in ROM on the board?  That's what I've been doing while I develop a 
kernel for another StrongARM-based board.  A 4Mbit device seems sufficient to 
hold a zImage; you just need a modified head.S to make it fly.

p.