Subject: Syquest drives

From: Russell King <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 21:33:45 +0100 (BST)

Hi all.  The saga continues...

Well, my Syquest 270MB drive returned today, a month after I sent it back
for not reading new Syquest disks (but reading old disks ok).  I'll give you
a multiple choice.  What was the result of this:

A) The drive doesn't read any disks.
B) The drive reads the old disks, but not the new disks.
C) The drive reads all disks.

Well, if you picked A, you'd be wrong.  Also if you picked C, that's also
wrong.  B is the right answer!  Exactly the same as the first drive.  Well,
ok, not the first drive, but the second.  The first drive didn't have the
drive's internal connector soldered on to the circuit board.

So, I'm now back in the same position as I was a month ago, except that I
have had to pay the postage to return a perfectly healthy drive.

I wonder what story Syquest will come up with next?  The wind's blowing in
the wrong direction?  Maybe Saturn isn't aligned with Jupiter?

I'm certainly not going to send *anything* at all back to *any* company
ever again if it is still under warranty *until* I *receive* a *replacement*.
And I suggest the rest of the world does the same!  Does anyone else suffer
from these problems???

Aaaaarrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |         Russell King        [email-masked]       --- ---
  | | | |     http://www.arm.uk.linux.org/~rmk/home.html     /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |