Subject: Re: Linux on CD

From: Andy Armstrong <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 97 21:07:07 +0100

>Sources will cause problems with the GNU copyright.  Any chance of the
>info on the chips, their addresses, any interrupt hardware, and podule
>id's please?

I just meant people could have the source code to use as de-facto 
documentation; would that be a problem?

Most of the information you want is only documented in the header files 
anyway.

-- 
http://www.wonderworks.co.uk --> Free RISC OS software
Andy Armstrong

---

From: Alan Cox <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 09:33:54 +0100 (BST)

> documentation; would that be a problem?

In the sense that you are friendly to the cause no. He's right however to
be careful in generally. He might accidentally use bits of your code
otherwise.

> Most of the information you want is only documented in the header files 

All you have to do is get him to send you an SAE and send him back a letter
saying "I don't care if bits of the source end up in the GPL'd version".
That settles it for good. IMHO its a non issue in this case.

Alan