Subject: Re: Partman

From: Glyn Davies <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 14:52:33 +0100 (BST)

Hi there,

Yet more fun on this RPC 600.. 

When trying to boot the kernel It's reporting a Bad Magic thing

> 
> If the next/free slot stuff fails pop the case and look at the SIMM(s) - 
> if its an 8MB machine I'd expect one SIMM; look if its single or double
> sided. I think there may be some problems with some combinations - in
> particular the physical layout of RAM as far as the boot loader is concerned
> is different depending on the type of SIMM!
> 
> I think its time to report your new problem to the list.
>
> Dave

I've check the next / free thang, and on inspection the RPC has 2x 4Mb
single sided SIMMS installed.  Oh and 1Mb of VRAM.

Anyone any ideas out there ?

Cheers,

Glyn

-- 

Glyn D / http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~daviess / Manchester Computer Society

------------------------------------------------------------------------
	      "Whom computers must destroy, they must first drive mad."
							-- fortune

				     "What if everyone felt like that?"
							-- Catch 22
------------------------------------------------------------------------