Subject: How to install ARMLinux

From: Bernhard Mogens Ege <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 11:38:25 GMT

Hi,

As I am new to ARMLinux (allthough did install Linux on several PC's,
allthough not RedHat) I would like to know how I kan install it.

At the moment I have a RiscPC600 (ARM610, 32Mb DRAM, 1 Mb VRAM, 1280Mb
HD, IDE ATAPI CDROM). Is that suitable (I saw an arm610 kernel) ?

I have my HD formatted to give ADFS 900Mb and the rest is unused (not
quite, as a previous installation of RiscBSD is here). This should give
plenty of room for ARMLinux.

My major concern is how to actually install ARMLinux. The web-pages do
not mention a floppy-install option, which is what I hoped for. I have
temporarily access to a Zip drive (parallel port version) and 1 zip
disc, will I be able to install it using that?

I am looking forward to your reply.

Bernhard

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Bernhard Mogens Ege, M.Sc.E.E.  |           | E-mail:      [email-masked]
 MIBA                            |      /(   | Direct call:   +45 96 35 87 86
 Institute of Electronic Systems |   ._//(   | Switchboard:   +45 96 35 80 80
 Aalborg University              |  /  |  \  | Fax:           +45 98 15 40 08
 Frederik Bajersvej 7, D1-206    |  A  A  U  | Homepage:
 DK-9220 Aalborg East            |           | http://www.vision.auc.dk/~bme
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Home: Kollegievej 6 v. 132, DK-9000 Aalborg, Phone: +45 20 42 99 26
------------------------------------------------------------------------------