Subject: ELF code

From: Charles Esson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 1997 16:04:59 +1000

I am looking into how hard it would be to do the ELF work for the ARM.

I,ve looked at the standard. The poor old ARM doesn't have a code under
e_machine.

Do you know where we would go to get one allocated.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 1997 00:14:03 +0100 (BST)

> Do you know where we would go to get one allocated.

Richard Earnshaw (@armltd) is at the moment working on this, and has strongly
requested that we do not create our own standard since that will cause
absolute havoc.

I will however, be in close contact with him, and I'd prefer it if we could
all work with him to produce a fully functional ARM ELF standard and
implementation.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |       Russell King      [email-masked]         --- ---
  | | | | http://whirligig.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~rmk92/home.html  /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |      *  who wishes that he was in Hong Kong  *      ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |

---

From: Charles Esson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 1997 05:05:27 +1000

> all work with him to produce a fully functional ARM ELF standard and
Please ignore my request.