Subject: ARM710 and 1Mb VRAM (was crt0.o)

From: Matthew Godbolt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 1997 21:54:39 +0100

Is anyone working on getting the ARM710 version working?  If not, I
have all the required docs, and since getting crt0.o I have a self-
hosting linux setup, albeit running on a borrowed 610 chip.

My first priority is to get my screen working properly - is anyone
else getting disjointed screen lines after a scroll?  I assume this
is a 1Mb VRAM problem - does anyone else there with a mere 1Mb VRAM
have a working screen driver, or am I the only one with this problem?

Matt
-==-

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 18:40:27 +0100 (BST)

> have a working screen driver, or am I the only one with this problem?

I believed that I had fixed that problem.  Please ensure that you're
using the latest kernel.

Also, you should find that the latest kernel mostly works on an ARM710.
However, there appears to be a bug in the ARM710 which causes the SWI
vector to be entered instead of the prefetch abort vector.  Exactly
the same code is used on the ARM610 and SA110 with out any problem.

Also, I will have to upload the latest set of kernel patches soon,
and I suggest that you use these to work from.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |       Russell King      [email-masked]         --- ---
  | | | | http://whirligig.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~rmk92/home.html  /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |      *  who wishes that he was in Hong Kong  *      ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |