Subject: SA110 question

From: "Ka'Plaagh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 09:21:10 +0000

Hi,
	I'm now happily building the 110 kernel but I cannot get it
to boot.  The old kernel will boot but not the new one.  The set up
is Russell's bootp running on an EBSA-110 downloading from another
Linux box.  Looking at the zImage code, it looks like the kernel is
meant to be put at 0x8000 physical and 0xc0008000 virtual.  But, isn't
this where the kernel goes?  Are there any known incompatibilities here?
I've checked the argument passing and that looks like it changed.  Does
anyone have a recent EBSA-110 kernel (known good) that I can try?

Thanks
		Dave

---

From: Richard Townsend <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 10:40:02 +0100 (BST)

> anyone have a recent EBSA-110 kernel (known good) that I can try?

IIRC, the SA stuff (at least, for the RPC's) requires non-compressed 
kernels - therefore, you shouldn't be using zImage but vmlinux kernels. 
Then again, I'm probably wrong....

Rich

(who wishes the A5k kernel were here....)

+-------------------------------------+--------------------+
| Richard Townsend                    |                    |
| Department of Physics & Astronomy   | "Old pond,         |
| University College London           |   frog jumps in -  |
| Gower Street                        |    plop"           |
| London WC1E 6BT                     |                    |
| Work: (0171) 419 3410               |              Basho |
| Home: (0171) 284 0888 Ext 8037      |                    |
+-------------------------------------+--------------------+