Subject: Re: StrongARM/PCI (lack of) news

From: "Neil A. Carson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 22:55:55 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

On Mon, 16 Jun 1997, Charles Esson wrote:

> Our plan is to start useing compact PCI for the backplane, have a
> pci/pci bridge on each card with a local PCI bus on the card.
> 
> We have not tested it, but on my reading of the spec. the local pci bus
> can operate independenly of the backplane yet you could have the the
> master cpu speaking to any chip that it has to. 

OPne of our clients is presently doing something similar to this, and
there may be the chance of anOEM-type deal, if it's of any interest. If
you are potentially interested, get in touch with me via e-mail about your
application.

--
Neil A. Carson
Marketing Director              Causality Limited (London, UK)
Tel/Fax: +44 (0)181 930 7408    Mobile: +44 (0)370 593183
Email: [email-masked]       WWW: http://www.causality.com.