Subject: Re: Hurd v0.1 compile

From: [email-masked] (Thomas Bushnell, n/BSG)
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 13:11:20 -0400 (EDT)

Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 20:48:55 -0700 (PDT)
   From: Quetzalcoatl Bradley <[email-masked]>

   I also get the same panic from time to time while trying to compile
   hurd-0.1.  I am using the gnu mach 1.1.1 kernel.  It doesn't seem to
   matter what file is being compiled... rebooting and retyping make usually
   works at least for a while.

This panic is really a resource consumption panic caused by (now
fixed) memory leaks.

   Also, I had to change hurd-0.1/libthreads/i386/csw.S  I had to change
   ENTRY to ASENTRY, and I had to remove EXT from the JUMPBASE macro so that
   the symbols wouldn't have underscores at the beginning which later caused
   a linking error when trying to link auth.

Correct.

   Furthermore, I had to remove the file /i486-hurd/include/assert.h and make
   it a link to /include/assert.h so that assert_perror would not result in
   link errors.  (I couldn't just remove it because some of the *.d files
   have hardcoded references to /i486-hurd/include/assert.h evidently)

Correct.

Thomas