Subject: Re: ARM3/ARM6 compatibility

From: David Alan Gilbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 May 97 20:14:26 BST

> 
> I think this is the wrong thing to do.  Supporting 26-bit mode doesn't
> cost us much and we don't want to leave people with no machines without
> any support at all.  The only ARMLinux machines I have at home are ARM3
> vintage; frankly I'm not about to rush to spend 1000 pounds or however it
> is on a RiscPC.

Actually I was thinking of buying the StrongARM/PCI development card
- they were suggesting they'd be under #400; not quite a full
machine mind you - but more hack value :-)

Dave

---

From: Alan Cox <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 08:58:01 +0100 (BST)

> machine mind you - but more hack value :-)

Not bad so long as it has the CPU and RAM on it and fits a PC. You could
make a very nice 4 node NUMA cluster that way, and have a supervisory 
intel CPU.

Alan