Subject: More kernel build joy....

From: Richard Townsend <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 May 1997 12:21:29 +0100 (BST)

Right, my last problem with kernel building has been cleared up (cheers 
Russ), and non-compressed kernels now build ok (haven't tried one out, 
yet, though). However, I have a new problem building compressed kernels. 
The actual kernel builds ok, but things go wrong when it is being 
compressed (I think!):

---
make[2]: Entering directory
`/tmp_mnt/zuaxp8/export/user6/mp/mother_temp/rhdt/linux/arch/arm/boot/compressed/

<snip> 

/usr/arm/tools/bin/arm-unknown-linuxaout-gcc -D__KERNEL__ 
-I/temp/rhdt/linux/include -O2 -DSTDC_HEADERS -m3 -c misc.c -o misc.o
misc.c:10: string.h: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [misc.o] Error 1
---

It appears that the standard headers aren't being found properly - does 
anyone have any idea what's going on? This is building 2.0.29....

cheers

Rich