Subject: cross compile

From: David Alan Gilbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 97 15:15:43 BST

Hi,
  Russ and myself have just spent the last few hours getting Linux
going on a RPC with a 610 - its not thre yet, it needs the abort
handlers doing.

But one thing which has come up is that the libgcc.a in the cross compile
binaries on ftp.compsoc are wrong when compiling for the ARM6/7/etc - they are
still trying to do some MOVS PC,... or LDM ^'s.

I'll fix it over the weekend - or you could do it the real way like we did
with Zap....

Dave

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 15:44:23 +0100 (BST)

> still trying to do some MOVS PC,... or LDM ^'s.

Is there actually any way to generate a libgcc.a that will work with both
architectures?  If not we probably ought to try to find some way to do it
by having two of them and altering the specs file. 

Also, what's the situation with moving user binaries between arm3 and arm6
machines?  E

p.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 00:06:45 +0100 (BST)

> Also, what's the situation with moving user binaries between arm3 and arm6

My gcc patches create the gcc 'multilib' - it will generate libgcc.a for arm2, 
arm3 and arm6.

Binaries will work on either machine.  There are plans to have 32-bit binaries,
and obviously 32-bit binaries can't be moved to an ARM3 machine.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |       Russell King      [email-masked]         --- ---
  | | | | http://whirligig.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~rmk92/home.html  /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |      *  who wishes that he was in Hong Kong  *      ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |