Subject: Cross comp tools

From: David Alan Gilbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 May 97 20:13:43 BST

Hi Everyone,
  Having suitably grep'd our xferlog I can tell there are those of you
out there who have ftp'd my x86 build of gcc-arm - but I haven't
heard from any of you.

  So - have you got it to work? Having fun?

  Dave

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 14:13:20 +0100 (BST)

> out there who have ftp'd my x86 build of gcc-arm - but I haven't

Thinking of which, I just built a binary distribution of binutils 2.8.0.3
to cross-compile for arm-linuxaout from x86.  You can get the tools from
ftp://kc.london.uk.eu.org/pub/arm-linuxaout-binutils-2.8.0.3.i386-bin.tar.gz.

I hope these are a bit less buggy than the old 2.7 tools were.  Let me
know of any success/sob stories.  By the way, there is still a problem
with the assembler and immediate constants ('#' is a problem if you go
through the preprocessor).  I think the solution is to modify as to make
'$' a synonym for '#' - if anybody feels like doing this then please do.

p.