Subject: Re: Booting probs

From: David Alan Gilbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 97 13:41:53 BST

If you've got intermittent problems I'd try booting it from a completely clean
system each time; boot with shift held down to make sure there is nothing
else in, and then ctrl-shift-f12 twice (if you weren't
already at a prompt).

Now - does it always produce the same results if you do that?

Dave

---

From: Richard Townsend <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 15:00:45 +0100 (BST)

> Now - does it always produce the same results if you do that?

Oops - yet again I pull off a no-brainer. On a completely clean machine 
(booting to the CLI) it runs without errors. Duh! Should have thought of 
that. I was considering my m/c to be "clean" after rebooting into RISCOS 
with no filer windows opened or apps booted, but that does not appear to 
be clean enuff. Cheers!

One other problem I have is the !Config app - it appears to lock my 
machine every time. Any suggestions (obviously I'll have to boot into 
RISCOS to use it)

Rich

+-------------------------------------+--------------------+
| Richard Townsend                    |                    |
| Department of Physics & Astronomy   | "Old pond,         |
| University College London           |   frog jumps in -  |
| Gower Street                        |    plop"           |
| London WC1E 6BT                     |                    |
| Work: (0171) 419 3410               |              Basho |
| Home: (0171) 284 0888 Ext 8037      |                    |
+-------------------------------------+--------------------+