Subject: Re: ARM patch for binutils 2.8.0.3

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 20:28:11 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 10 May 1997, Philip Blundell wrote:

> I'll make binaries later if I have time.

I have done, for the ix86 at least.  You can find them in the same place;
the filename is:

	binutils-2.8.0.3-arm-linuxaout-970510.bin.i386.tar.gz

You need to untar this under /usr/bin and make appropriate
links in /usr/arm-linuxaout/bin. 

p.

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 19:00:05 +0100 (BST)

Hi guys.

I've made a new arm-linux patch for binutils 2.8.0.3.  This one should
allow you to use '$' instead of '#' to introduce immediate operations,
which is handy if you need to preprocess your code (cpp barfs on '#') -
this will affect all arm configurations, not just linux.  Please check it
out. 

You can get the patch at 

	ftp://kc.london.uk.eu.org/pub/binutils-2.8.0.3-arm-diff-970510.gz

I'll make binaries later if I have time.  HJ, can you include this in the
next binutils beta release?  Thanks. 

p.