Subject: Re: CD-ROM

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 11:20:11 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 6 May 1997, Chris Webb wrote:

> and the like appear, so I imagine the ARMLinux scene is still fairly active.
> How are 3rd party device drivers looking? For instance, is there an ANT
> EtherM driver written yet? If not, I could try and knock one up once the
> immediate pressure of exams is over.

No.  Just in case anybody is curious as to whether their hardware is
supported, at the moment we seem to have drivers for these network cards:
	
	Ether1
	Ether3
	EtherH
	AMD 79C961A (EBSA on-board Ethernet, I think)

and these SCSI cards:

	Acorn SCSI (AKA30)
	Cumana SCSI 1
	EcoSCSI
	Oak SCSI

If anybody wants to write a driver for another card then please do.  It's
not very difficult. 

p.

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 14:40:04 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 6 May 1997, Chris Webb wrote:

> and running, in which case I'd be very interested in a copy: an ftp-able
> version would be just as good to me as a CD-Rom, but whatever's convenient

I've put a copy of the contents of the CD at

	ftp://ftp.london.uk.eu.org/pub/armlinux/

I don't know how long it will stay there though.  I think Alan is
planning to make the CD available as well once he gets it.

p.

---

From: Alan Cox <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 16:09:18 +0100 (BST)

> planning to make the CD available as well once he gets it.

Yes with luck