Subject: Re: Spam :-(

From: Howard <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 10:03:17 +0100 (BST)

According to Joseph Heenan :
> 
> Hi,
> 
> Whilst this isn't strictly about armlinux, it's about this list.
> 
> I assume I'm not the only person reading this that has received a
> spam titled 'Fwd: Business Opportunity' with a To: field that looks
> suspicously like a list of people subscribed to this mailing list.
> 
> It seems ludicrous in this day and age to think that a mailing list
> would willingly hand out a list of it's subscribers, surely?
> It does seem as those the spammers are getting more resourceful of
> late, though :-(

Yup, snotty message sent back, ccd to [email-masked] which included
the original drivel. 

What good it will do is another matter but it won't do them any good to
have the postmaster receiving tonnes of mail from various people
complaining about their mail. 

H.
-- 
 Howard Windsor   Email:[email-masked]  otherwise known as warthog
Bear in mind that the above is the product of a deranged mind.