Subject: COMMERCIAL: Red Hat Linux 4.2 for Intel, Alpha, and SPARC (fwd)

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 17:05:22 +0100 (BST)

Just when you thought it was safe to install 4.1... *sigh*

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 11:45:35 -0400
From: Red Hat Software <[email-masked]>

      Just when you thought you could park your computer and pack up
    for that summer vacation, or winter getaway (for our friends in the 
southern hemisphere), Red Hat comes out with yet another brilliant release.

                Announcing Red Hat Linux - Release 4.2
                    for Intel, Alpha and SPARC !!
	    Shipping will begin on Wednesday May 21, 1997.

---

From: Andy Fawcett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 13:56:53 +0100

In message <[email-masked]>

> Just when you thought it was safe to install 4.1... *sigh*

Why does this always happen???

> Just when you thought you could park your computer and pack up for
> that summer vacation, or winter getaway (for our friends in the 

Okay, three points here:

1. Is the ARM/RedHat setup authorised by RedHat itself? This may have
   been discussed on the vger list, but I'll have missed it, cos I've
   only just re-subscribed...

2. I hope the release that's (virtually) ready will still come out soon.
   It would be a shame to wait for it to be 'upgraded'.

3. Does anybody know what the differences are between the current
   (Intel) release and (Intel) 4.2?
-- 
Andy Fawcett                       a.f.p. recipes ([email-masked])
http://www.afawcett.demon.co.uk/       send mail with subject 'send index'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
IOT trap -- core dumped