Subject: Kernel problems solved...

From: Richard Townsend <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 18:02:34 +0100 (BST)

I have (hopefully) solved the problems I had building the compressed 
kernel. For those who might run into similar problems, I've prepared a 
very small patch which appears to fix things (this also tweaks a problem 
with the "old" IDE drivers which Russ has already posted a fix about).

The kernel I build appears to work ok (up until wanting a minix boot 
disk), and in a nice, minimal form swallows up not very much memory (when 
running on my 4Mb A3020, I have approx 3100K free, which is nice)

Email me if you want the patch....

cheers

Rich

+-------------------------------------+--------------------+
| Richard Townsend                    |                    |
| Department of Physics & Astronomy   | "Old pond,         |
| University College London           |   frog jumps in -  |
| Gower Street                        |    plop"           |
| London WC1E 6BT                     |                    |
| Work: (0171) 419 3410               |              Basho |
| Home: (0171) 284 0888 Ext 8037      |                    |
+-------------------------------------+--------------------+