Subject: Re: Econet

From: Garan Jenkin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 1997 13:45:46 +0100

At 20:39 03/04/97 +0100, you wrote:
>Anybody working on, or interested in, a driver for the 6854 Econet
>interface?
>
Is that one of the interfaces that you put in an a5000 etc?  If so I think
that would be very very useful, but I have no knowledge of linux or writing
drivers so I wouldn't be able to do it!

Phil,  you sound tempted! :)

Garan

P.S.  incidently, if I get a RPC, will the a5k econet interface still work
in the RPC?

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 15:51:14 +0100 (BST)

> Is that one of the interfaces that you put in an a5000 etc?  If so I think

Yeah.  It's the same hardware as for every Acorn machine since the BBC,
more or less.  The plugin boards are the same for everything between the
Master 128 and the A5000.

> drivers so I wouldn't be able to do it!

You could always learn. :)
 
> Phil,  you sound tempted! :)

I probably will do it myself eventually if nobody else does.  But it would
be handy to have somebody else to help.

> P.S.  incidently, if I get a RPC, will the a5k econet interface still work

I don't _think_ so, but the RiscPC isn't really my area of expertise.

phil