Subject: ARM Linux , where??

From: Duncan McDiarmid <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 17:20:02 +0100

Hello,

Presuming some people have got copies of ARM Linux (StrongARM version) I would 
be interested to know where they downloaded them from. I have looked at the 
ftp site, WWW pages, but I am unable to download the kernels, or many of the 
other files for that matter.

Does a RiscPC set of kernels exist? I saw a demo of ARM Linux at AW96, and was 
told by Russel King that it would be available shortly. Almost 6 months 
later... nothing, as far as I can see.

Should I wait arround in the hope that an SA version of Linux is going to 
appear, or should I go straight for RiscBSD, which is available now?

Duncan.

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 18:04:03 +0100 (BST)

> other files for that matter.

The URL on the web page for the kernel source patches is wrong.  It should
be '/pub/armlinux/kernel-sources/...' - the URL given is missing the
trailing 's'. 

> appear, or should I go straight for RiscBSD, which is available now?

If I were you I would wait for Linux.  The code exists, and is apparently
pretty solid - it just seems difficult to get hold of right now.  The
problem seems to be that Russ is still too busy to work on the
distribution.

At the moment we're chasing a couple of bugs in gcc that are causing some
grief.

phil

---

From: Boris Boesler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 1997 11:40:36 +0200

Hi!

> be '/pub/armlinux/kernel-sources/...' - the URL given is missing the

 Who cares about kernel source patches? The directories in
/pub/armlinux/distrib have no read access for ftp users.

> problem seems to be that Russ is still too busy to work on the

 I need it now!!!

Boris

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 11:48:55 +0100 (BST)

>  I need it now!!!

Bad luck, then.

P.

---

From: Howard <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 1997 15:12:14 +0100 (BST)

> At the moment we're chasing a couple of bugs in gcc that are causing some

OK fine, the question is WHEN will the next version be out.  I've just
got me a new disk and I want to play. :-)

Second question is about the partition manager.... Am I right in assuming 
1 that it works by setting up one partition at a time (give start and
  end address each time)
2 the the file system types are ADFS and Linux 

If this is in some documentation somewhere which describes in more
detail how it works and how it should be used apart from the help file
can someone direct me towards it. 

thanks in advance

H.
-- 
 Howard Windsor   Email:[email-masked]  otherwise known as warthog
"On Christmas day, you can't get sore, your fellow man you must adore,
there's time to rob him all the more the other 364"
                                          Tom Lehrer