Subject: Kernel compiling...

From: Joseph Heenan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 1997 20:43:19 +0000

Last problem for today, I promise!

[am I the first one to try compiling a kernel with these new sources?
 or am I just useless at doing it? ;-) ]

from a 'make' (with the new as installed):

gcc -I/usr/src/armlinux/include -D__KERNEL__ -o getconstants getconstants.c
/usr/src/armlinux/include/asm/proc/semaphore.h: In function `down':
In file included from /usr/src/armlinux/include/asm/semaphore.h:21,
                 from /usr/src/armlinux/include/linux/sched.h:22,
                 from /usr/src/armlinux/include/linux/mm.h:4,
                 from getconstants.c:7:
/usr/src/armlinux/include/asm/proc/semaphore.h:27: unknown register name `lr' in
 `asm'
/usr/src/armlinux/include/asm/proc/semaphore.h:27: unknown register name `ip' in
 `asm'
/usr/src/armlinux/include/asm/proc/semaphore.h:27: unknown register name `r3' in
 `asm'
/usr/src/armlinux/include/asm/proc/semaphore.h:27: unknown register name `r2' in
 `asm'
/usr/src/armlinux/include/asm/proc/semaphore.h:27: unknown register name `r1' in
 `asm'
/usr/src/armlinux/include/asm/proc/semaphore.h:27: unknown register name `r0' in
 `asm'
/usr/src/armlinux/include/asm/proc/semaphore.h: In function `up':
/usr/src/armlinux/include/asm/proc/semaphore.h:51: unknown register name `lr' in
 `asm'
/usr/src/armlinux/include/asm/proc/semaphore.h:51: unknown register name `ip' in
 `asm'
/usr/src/armlinux/include/asm/proc/semaphore.h:51: unknown register name `r3' in
 `asm'
/usr/src/armlinux/include/asm/proc/semaphore.h:51: unknown register name `r2' in
 `asm'
/usr/src/armlinux/include/asm/proc/semaphore.h:51: unknown register name `r1' in
 `asm'
/usr/src/armlinux/include/asm/proc/semaphore.h:51: unknown register name `r0' in
 `asm'
getconstants.c: In function `main':
getconstants.c:32: `tss_memmap' undeclared (first use this function)
getconstants.c:32: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
getconstants.c:32: for each function it appears in.)
getconstants.c:33: `tss_save' undeclared (first use this function)
getconstants.c:37: `tss_fpesave' undeclared (first use this function)
getconstants.c:38: `mm' undeclared (first use this function)
getconstants.c:39: `pgd' undeclared (first use this function)
make[3]: *** [getconstants] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/armlinux/arch/arm/lib'
make[2]: *** [constants.h] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/armlinux/arch/arm/mm'
make[1]: *** [first_rule] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/armlinux/arch/arm/mm'
make: *** [linuxsubdirs] Error 2

Help! ;-)

-- 
Joseph Heenan
email: [email-masked], [email-masked]