Subject: Package Installation

From: Michael Howard <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 12:47:36 +0000 (GMT)

Hi All,

Which command is used to install packages which failed during initial
installation. Under Systen V I would use 'pkgadd' but it doesn't appear to 
be on my Linux installation. Possibly failed during installation?

Cheers Mick.

-- 
Mick Howard					[email-masked]	
Warrington
England

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 22:14:05 +0000 (GMT)

> be on my Linux installation. Possibly failed during installation?

rpm -i package-file

To get info on installed packages:

rpm -qia (for all) or rpm -qi <package-name>

To get a list of installed packages:

rpm -qa
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King        [email-masked]        --- ---
  | | | |    http://www.arm.uk.linux.org/~rmk/home.html      /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |