Subject: missing stuffs in gcc

From: Vincent PENNE <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 12:46:20 +0100

There seems not to be any C++ support with gcc, is it normal ?
Also, trying to compile wxWindow, it didn't work because the directory
/usr/include/linux is missing (it should contain the original errno.h
for example). Where can I find these files ?

 Vincent.

-- 
/==========================================================\
|     Vincent PENNE,          Centre de Physique Theorique |
|Tel. (0033)4 91 26 95 04       CNRS - LUMINY - Case 907   |
|Fax. (0033)4 91 26 95 53      F-13288 MARSEILLE CEDEX 9   |
|Email: [email-masked]          FRANCE              |
|http://www.cpt.univ-mrs.fr                                |
\==========================================================/
unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Phil Norman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 13:48:06 +0000 (GMT)

> for example). Where can I find these files ?

You'll need the source code to linux for this, though there may be a less 
disc-space-eating way to do it.  It says in one of the Documents that you 
should put some symbolic links in from /usr/include/ into some of the 
/usr/src/linux/include/ directories.  (The linux source should be put 
into /usr/src/linux btw).

AFAICR the links are something like this:

/usr/include/linux  ->  /usr/src/linux/include/linux
/usr/include/scsi  ->  /usr/src/linux/include/scsi
/usr/include/asm  ->  /usr/src/linux/include/asm

I'm not entirely sure about whether these links are right - someone 
please correct me if I'm screamingly wrong.

After that everything should be hunky-dory and ticketty boo.

Good luck,
Phil

-- 
Phil Norman, mailing from Exeter Uni.
Programs available for download from my web page.
email:  [email-masked]
web:    http://newton.ex.ac.uk/general/ug/norman

---

From: James Craig <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 14:41:20 +0000 (GMT)

> please correct me if I'm screamingly wrong.
They certainly look OK to me, but if you just do a make config in your
/usr/src/linux, then all the links are made for you. I'm not totally sure
about the SCSI one - I've never had occasion to use it, so I wouldn't
notice, but the linux one is definately right, and the asm one will be
right after a make config (/usr/src/linux/include/asm is symlinked to
/usr/src/linux/include/asm-arm or asm-i386 etc. by make config)
It probably won't work before that - it just depends on how things are
set up in the kernel distribution.
-- James Craig <[email-masked]>
	       <[email-masked]>