Subject: Building a toolset for ARM/Linux

From: "Ka'Plaagh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 12:08:42 +0000

All,
	I'm a little stuck building cross compilers/libraries and any help would be appreciated (like 'look there stupid').  So far, I followed the 
excellent CrossGCC FAQ and I have built binutils-2.7 + ARM patches.  I am now
trying to build gcc-2.7.2.2 + cross build patches + ARM patches.  I've got to
the part where it refuses to build the cross flavour of glibc (ligcc1.cross)
'cos it (the makefile) does not know how)...I'm now going off for lunch hoping 
that I can think of a better approach...

Dave

ps  Oh, of course I'm building the cross tools on an Intel Linux system
pps I'm also about to build egcs, but that's a seperate issue
----------------------------------------------------------------------
David A Rusling				Consulting Engineer
European Semiconductor Applications	Digital Equipment Co Ltd.,
	Engineering			PO Box 121,
					Imperial Way,
					Worton Grange
					Reading RG2 0TU
Linux, Alpha, StrongArm, PCI		Tel: UK-(0)1734-204380
					Fax: UK-(0)1734-203133
----------------------------------------------------------------------

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Matthew Wilcox <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 13:29:12 +0000 (GMT)

> that I can think of a better approach...

Here's two ideas.  They may be totally bogus:

Get gcc 2.8.0 and build its libgcc, then slot that into the 2.7.2.3 instead

Grab the precompiled libgcc out of an armlinux rpm - i'd guess it's in the
gcc set, but I haven't checked this.

In either case, I think there's a file to touch to tell it you've built
libgcc, but I'm not sure.

By the way, you'd be better off using binutils 2.8.1.0.15 from sunsite -
it has ARM support in it by default.