Subject: Re: Writing adfs-fs

From: [email-masked] (John Tytgat)
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 15:08:35 +0000 (GMT)

> I've recently started out writing an adfs-fs for linux. I have now come to
> the point where I can see it isn't going to be one of 'those projects you
> never finish' so before really putting huge amounts of time into it I'd like
> to know whether a) somebody else is writing one too, and how far they've
> gotten already b) somebody else HAS already written one.

Interesting, but I'm wondering why you call it 'adfs-fs' and not
e.g. 'FileCore-fs' or something alike.  I hope you're not going to
limit yourself to ADFS disks only...

If you need technical information about FileCore, perhaps you can have
a word with the author of 'fsck'/'fsck2', an italian person AFAIK.

Regards,
John.
[email-masked]

---

From: Matthew Wilcox <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 16:09:59 +0000 (GMT)

> a word with the author of 'fsck'/'fsck2', an italian person AFAIK.

I think sufficient information is contained in the PRM volume 2 to write a
filecorefs.  Sergio Monesi is the name of the guy you're thinking of (and
Simon Proven probably knows more about Filecore than any other person
alive ;-)

Of course, the advantage to having this is huge: being able to mount ones
filecore partition under linux, much as one can mount ones dos partition
under linux..

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 18:08:16 +0100 (MET)

> a word with the author of 'fsck'/'fsck2', an italian person AFAIK.

Now that you mention it, yes, it would probably better be named FileCore-fs
as that is what I'm writing <g>

As far as the technical information is concerned, I've got the PRMs right
here with me and have already done several disc utilities so I know what I'm
doing. Thanks for the advice anyways.

Cheers,

-- 
Eli-Jean Leyssens, alias Pervect of Topix
email: [email-masked]

      --- It's an OS Bill, but not as we know it ---