Subject: Re: New Release of Kernel source code for 2.0.33

From: James Craig <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 08:48:51 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 20 Jan 1998, Russell King wrote:

> Hi all!
> 
> A new release of the 2.0.33 kernel source code is now on the FTP site - it fixes:
> 
> * the build problem with a couple of the Makefiles
> * removes some asm code in include/linux/adfs_fs.h
Is that all of the asm code removed from include/linux/adfs_fs.h now?
If so, great - I've had the ix86 floppy drivers modified to read 1K
sectors for a few years now; I'll have to redo the patches for the
current kernel version, but hopefully I'll be able to get the PC reading
ADFS disks properly at last! :)
--
James Craig <[email-masked]>
	    <[email-masked]>

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm' to [email-masked]

---

From: Alan Cox <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 09:27:49 +0000 (GMT)

> ADFS disks properly at last! :)

Please do get those supported. I've submitted the ADFS work on to Linus
and hopefully he'll take it now its free of arm assembler.

---

From: James Craig <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 09:55:18 +0000 (GMT)

> and hopefully he'll take it now its free of arm assembler.

Shouldn't be a major problem; The past few times I've done it I've been
able to read the actual stuff off ADFS disks with no problems, but I
haven't had time or the experience of writing Linux FSs to code up an ADFS
implementation. I've got exams right at this minute, so I'm not likely to
release anything much for about a week - after that, I should be able to
get the patches up and running again fairly quickly. The code's always
been a quick hack, but I'll do my best to tidy it up this time. :)

-- James Craig <[email-masked]>
	       <[email-masked]>

---

From: James Craig <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 10:37:13 +0000 (GMT)

> and hopefully he'll take it now its free of arm assembler.
Also just noticed - the 2.1.80 kernel (released today, AFAIK), contains:
a) ARM support! (Yay!!!)
b) ADFS Filesystem stuff.
c) General good things left, right, and centre. :)
Looks like we might finally be moving into the mainstream of linux
development! :)
Anyway, I'll get that floppy driver fixed up RSN. :)
--
James Craig <[email-masked]>
	    <[email-masked]>