Subject: serial_sa1100

From: Ward Willats <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 18:20:12 -0700

Hello,

New to the list and arm-linux and still finding my way around. Good to meet 
you. Have what I hope is an easy question....

If I take 2.4.0-test5 sources and apply rmk2 (or rmk1) patches and 
configure for Assabet, an attempt is made to link in serial_sa1100.c which 
is not part of the rmk patches. Looks like I can go over to netwinder and 
get this from Nico Pitre (thank you!) -- but I guess I'm wondering if this 
is what I'm "supposed" to do? That is, does a driver like this "live" with 
the author/maintainer? Or is it something that eventually migrates over to 
the rmk tree and then the main kernel sources?

As the list traffic goes by and I poke around in the archives the landscape 
is slowly being revealed, but it takes a while to figure out who is doing 
what where and the other secret handshakes of your mysterious tribe! :-) 
Any pointers to keep me on the One True Path(tm) are appreciated.

Thanks,

-- Ward

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]