Subject: Sector size question

From: Chris Rutter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 11:05:48 +0100

[I know this is off-topic for the list; kill me if you want.]

Are the sizes of the sectors as in add_gd_partition() the same as what
get_ptable_blocksize() returns, or something else?

(See `linux/fs/partitions/check.c'.)

c.

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 13:09:09 +0100 (BST)

> get_ptable_blocksize() returns, or something else?

They are in units of 512-byte sectors.  This is because the block device
driver layer works with a lowest common denominator of 512-byte sectors.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |            http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/            /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 13:16:25 +0100 (BST)

> get_ptable_blocksize() returns, or something else?

I'm assuming that you're seeing a problem around here - could you
enlighten us as to what the problem is please?
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |            http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/            /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |