Subject: angelboot & EBSA285

From: Gordon McNutt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 15:10:57 -0600

I'm trying to use angelboot with the SA-110 development board, the
EBSA-285.

If I run minicom I see what I expect to see ("Angel Debug Monitor..."
etc).

If I run angelboot instead I see it get through the "Negotiating..."
message, after which it repeatedly prints "Error: received 0 when
expecting start packet character". My hunch is that the only characters
angelboot is reading back over the serial port are the welcome
characters being printed (the ones I see on minicom), because eventually

angelboot hangs waiting on serial_getc.

My EBSA285 is running in Host Bridge mode on a stand-alone
PCI backplane. The diagnostics report no errors. My angel options file
looks like this:

base 0x410000c0
entry 0x410000c0
r0 0x00000000
r1 0x00000004
device /dev/ttyS0
options "9600 8N1"
baud 115200
otherfile ramdisk-img.gz
otherbase 0x00008010

I'm sure the addresses here are wrong but that shouldn't prevent the
serial connection from working.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Gordon

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]