Subject: RE: USB port (was: Kernel bootsequence (was: Unable to write regi ster s))

From: "Arjan Opmeer (EMN)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 12:43:02 +0200

Hi brad,

> I should have interrupts fixed today and I'll post my patched 
> up driver if you like...

Oh yes, I would very much like you to do that! I am really only
interested in _using_ the USB port on the SA1111 board for a
project here at work. But because nobody seemed to be working on
it (or so I thought) I tried my hand at creating a driver myself.

If I just can use your driver it would save me lots of time which
I could use for other stuff like the Ethernet controller on that
board or writing a driver for a piece of hardware I wish to
connect to the development board. 

So, please let me know when you have something working and where
I might get it.

Thank in advance,

Arjan

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]

---

From: Kunihiko IMAI <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 23:04:38 +0900

Hello,

At Mon, 21 Aug 2000 12:43:02 +0200,

> So, please let me know when you have something working and where

It is mainly duscussed at linux-usb-devel mailing list.

At SA1111, there are two problems:

	1. cache coherency

and

	2. no PCI bus

You can get driver of Jamey's version from:

At Mon, 31 Jul 2000 08:50:08 -0400,
Jamey Hicks <[email-masked]> wrote:
> [3]
> http://www.handhelds.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/linux/kernel/drivers/usb/usb-oh
> ci.c
> 
> [4]
> http://www.handhelds.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/linux/kernel/drivers/usb/usb-oh
> ci.h 

This driver solves problem 1 above.

I wrote an another version of driver:

	http://www.d2.dion.ne.jp/~bak/linux/SA1111.tar.gz

This driver works on SA1111.  But not faces cache problem, only escape
from it ( with silly way ).  This driver only shows an idea of non-PCI
implementation.

At Mon, 21 Aug 2000 11:16:10 +0200,
Arjan Opmeer (EMN) <[email-masked]> wrote:

> But I'll have to look into the interrupt handling
> stuff as it doesn't seem to detect devices connected to the port.

Which interrupt do you hook?  Use nIrqHciM (SA1111 #44).  At the
latest arm-linux, this interrupt seems as IRQ #93.  Latest arm-linux
has a handler of SA1111 interrupts.  You don't have to special IRQ
handler, I think.

Or, which kind of machine do you use?  Assabet + neponset?  Or
original arch?  If your machine is an original architecture, you
should better to check its schematics.

I heard from a circuit designer that Intel's reference schematics had
a bug of a DMA line with SA1111. (Now it was fixed.)  If this bug is
not fixed, DMA bus master cannot work, and SA1111 USB cannot work.
# I had suffered from this bug for one month!

Thanks.
_._. __._  _.. .  .___ ._. _____ _... ._ _._  _.._. .____  .__. ... .  _._

                                                             Kunihiko IMAI