Subject: Important - Is someone selling your hard work out?

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 21:05:40 +0100 (BST)

Referencing: http://www.flatpanels.com/LinuxPR.html

The above web address contains a page which is about the release of a
product.  Specifically, I wish to draw your attention to the following
paragraph containing:

  The ARM port was developed by members of the SA-1100 workgroup of
  the Open Source Developers Community, and the derived kernel runs
  on a number of different ARM-based hardware platforms.

Everyone who has contributed to non-SA1100 ports of Linux should see
this comment for what it is - a lie.  Did the SA1100 guys port Linux
to the A5000, RiscPC, EBSA110, EBSA285, NetWinder, CATS, CLPS7110,
NEXUSPCI, Integrator, Prospector, Brutus, etc?  No.  Therefore, this
comment is 100% wrong.

Maybe some companies who have contributed code to the ARM Linux kernel
may wish to take this matter up with AppliedData.Com and have that
changed to be the TRUTH (hint hint)?

Personally, I would like to see that page removed from the site until
these incorrect comments are able to be corrected to everyones
satisfaction.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |            http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/            /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 22:01:14 +0100 (BST)

>   on a number of different ARM-based hardware platforms.

Ok, they are going to update the page to reflect the true situation.
   _____