Subject: [Questions] SA1100 : 2.4.x kernel archtecture type ???

From: "백병기" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 23:27:44 KST

Hello...

Now I'm trying to port 2.4.x kernel to my board.

I modified some basic files (head-sa1100.S, setup-sa1100.S).

When I powered on, my system gave me under messages :
--------------------------------------------------------
Uncompressing Linux.............................. done, booting the kernel.
Error: a.
--------------------------------------------------------

This messages from head-armv.S at under code 
and I guess it's because wrong archtecture type.

__entry:
                teq     r0, #0                          @ wrong register vals?
                movne   r0, #'i'                        @ yes, error 'i'
                bne     __error
                bl      __lookup_processor_type
                teq     r10, #0                         @ invalid processor?
                moveq   r0, #'p'                        @ yes, error 'p'
                beq     __error
                bl      __lookup_architecture_type
                teq     r7, #0                          @ invalid architecture?
                moveq   r0, #'a'                        @ yes, error 'a'
                beq     __error                                                 

Could you give a piece of advice for it(me) ?
Where should I check ?
Thanks..

ByungGi Baek.

==================================================
ByungGi Baek.
[email-masked] 

==================================================
우리 인터넷, Daum
평생 쓰는 무료 E-mail 주소 한메일넷
지구촌 한글 검색서비스 Daum FIREBALL
http://www.daum.net

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]

---

From: Erik Mouw <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu 17 Aug 2000 19:57:35 +0100 (MDT)

> When I powered on, my system gave me under messages :

Request an architecture number from Russell King. See
Documentation/arm/README in the Linux source tree.

Erik

-- 
Real Programmers consider "what you see is what you get" to be just as 
bad a concept in Text Editors as it is in women. No, the Real Programmer
wants a "you asked for it, you got it" text editor -- complicated, 
cryptic, powerful, unforgiving, dangerous.

---

From: Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 13:56:55 -0400 (EDT)

> When I powered on, my system gave me under messages :

In linux/arch/arm/kernel/arch.[ch] you'll see usage of some macros that
defines many parameters for all architectures.  Those macros create a
table at link time which is looked up against the architecture number
passed in r1 by the bootloader.  If there is no match then you
get the message above.  Be sure you have the proper definitions in
linux/arch/arm/kernel/arch.c and the correct value in r1 from your
bootloader.

Nicolas

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 20:04:59 +0100 (BST)

> and I guess it's because wrong archtecture type.

You need to get an architecture number allocated as per the comments
above that code at the entry point.  You then need to arrange for your
loader or whatever to set r1 to that allocated value before calling
the kernel code.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |            http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/            /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |