Subject: The different between arm linux and ucLinux

From: "cschiu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 18:07:30 +0800

Hello,

Could somebody tell me that the different between official arm linux(from
Russel King) kernel and ucLinux in ARM7.

If I have ARM7 evaluation board and no MMU.
If I want to port Linux on it ,which one is better?

Thanks

__________________________________________________________
 PC home 免費電子信箱，申請請至: http://www.pchome.com.tw 
  會  員  第  一  ，  台  灣  最  大  的  入  口  網  站 

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]

---

From: Erik Mouw <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri 11 Aug 2000 12:52:55 +0100 (MDT)

> If I want to port Linux on it ,which one is better?

ARM linux is for ARM CPUs with an MMU, ucLinux is for CPUs without MMU.

Erik

-- 
J.A.K. (Erik) Mouw, Information and Communication Theory Group, Department
of Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems,
Delft University of Technology, PO BOX 5031,  2600 GA Delft, The Netherlands
Phone: +31-15-2783635  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email: [email-masked]
WWW: http://www-ict.its.tudelft.nl/~erik/