Subject: CATS again

From: Shaun Savage <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 08:24:18 +0200

I have seen many post to the maillist about cats but none about kernel
2.4.

Here is hat I have done:
	booted linux using bootp and tftp using the downloaded kernel from
chalice.
		It works sort of.  the disk locks up alot and I get tons of NFS error
	I am using the titan-VI for nfs root, I had to add development RPM's to
compile
	I downloaded the linux-cats kernel source also
	I do a 'make oldconfig' using the config in the linux-cats to configure
the new 		kernel, then get rid of alot of things
	I am trying to compile 2.4.0t6-rmk4  tes6 + patch rmk4
		issues: mach-types.h is not made early and I get error
		uncompress.h needs machine_is_netwinder() defined by adding a .h file
		alim15x3.c  647,665,672 needs 'hw.' to get it to compile

NOw I have a compressed kernel based on 2.4.0t6rmk4.  do a tftp of this
new   			kernel , nothing

Questions?? 
	1> how does the cats-bootstrap.S used in the old kernel and new kernel.
        2> how does the bootloader do wd0: booting

Shaun Savage

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]