Subject: PCMCIA driver compilation!

From: "Sun, Lei" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 11:16:03 -0400

Hi all:
   I am heading to write a device driver for a PCMCIA based data card. I
tried to compile serial_cs.c and dummy_cs.c, just to see if I can compile
them as module. However I got tons of warning and errors. like this:
/home/linuxsrc/linux/include/asm/semaphore.h:17: parse error before
`wait_queue
/home/arm_backup/arm/lib/gcc-lib/arm-linux/2.95.2/../../../../arm-linux/sys-
incl
ude/bits/types.h:95: warning: `__NFDBITS' redefined
serial_cs.c:249: `KERN_NOTICE' undeclared (first use in this function)
serial_cs.c:379: `link' undeclared (first use in this function)
bla bla.....
   My Makefile looks like this:

DEBUG=y

CC=arm-linux-gcc
LD=arm-linux-ld

INCLUDEDIR = /home/linuxsrc/linux/include
ifeq ($(DEBUG),y)
  DEBFLAGS = -O -g -DPCMCIA_DEBUG
else
  DEBFLAGS = -O2
endif

CFLAGS = -D__kernel__  -DMODULE  -Wall  -I$(INCLUDEDIR) $(DEBFLAGS)

OBJS = serial_cs.o
all: $(OBJS)
   It looks like all the required header are sit in there. How comes it
could't find the symbol (or some symbols are redifined as WARNING).
   Anybody can tell me what's going on , please!

thank you!
Lei Sun

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]