Subject: USB port (was: Kernel bootsequence (was: Unable to write register s))

From: "Arjan Opmeer (EMN)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 11:16:10 +0200

> I never saw the original message which is (partially) quoted here
> and I wonder if it ever came across the list (I don't think it did).

No, I started this discussion on the general arm-linux mailing list.
At one time it became quite kernel specific so Russell moved it quite
rightly to this mailing list.

> it appears to have to do with a USB controller (SA1111 perhaps?)
> which is of some interest to several people on this list.

Yes. I am talking about the USB controller on the SA1111 board. I am
trying to get the USB port working. At the moment I have the ohci
driver modified enough to have it recognize the USB controller and
detect one port. But I'll have to look into the interrupt handling
stuff as it doesn't seem to detect devices connected to the port.

I could use some help with this, so if you know anyone who could
offer me some advice, I would appreciate it.

Arjan

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]

---

From: Brad Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 06:27:21 -0400

"Arjan Opmeer (EMN)" wrote:
...
>stuff as it doesn't seem to detect devices connected to the port.

Hi Arjan,

Over the past few months several people have indicated they are also
working on this.  As far as I can tell no one has gotten it to work.
(please chime in if anyone has it working!)

I think I am very close but can't get sa1111 interrupts to work...
they did work on one kernel but stopped on a different rev.

Some non-trivial modifications to the OHCI driver (usb-ohci.c) are
required.  Most of the changes have to do with cache coherency.
However, there seems to be some discussion going on about the base
ohci driver itself and how to interpret the ohci specification.
Someone posted some controversial changed to the base driver recently
which seem to improve things for me.

I should have interrupts fixed today and I'll post my patched up driver
if you like...

-brad

---

From: "Hyun-Mo Chung" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 23:12:41 +0900

Hi,
I'm also interested in this subject.

> (please chime in if anyone has it working!)

I agree. There seems to be no ohci driver working on SA1111 yet.
I remember Kunihiko IMAI reported some weeks ago that his
USB driver was working happily on SA1111. But I guess his driver
may have a few problems as well. (oops problem mentioned below,
for example.)
As for my work, Logitech USB mouse is now working well
with SA1111, except the chronic oops when unplugging the mouse.
The revision I'm working on is test1-ac7-rmk1-np6.

> which seem to improve things for me.

Would you give me a direction as to where I can find it ?
Thank you.

Hyun-Mo