Subject: Re: Assabet / Simultaneous audio recording & play ??

From: John G Dorsey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 11:46:56 -0400

[cross-posting pared down]

"Chagas, Jason" wrote:

> I'm wondering if the audio driver for the [SA-1111 Serial Audio Controller]
> Philips UDA1341 codec supports simultaneous audio play and recording. Has
> anyone actually tested it?

I haven't tested it. (Off the top of my head, it seems like it should.
Historically, however, that's a near guarantee that it won't. =)

That driver still has a ways to go, in several respects. First, the DMA code
hasn't been tweaked to acknowledge the documented bugs in SAC DMA transfers
from SDRAM. Second, the UDA1341 driver in general doesn't really implement the
OSS API. Third, there are still weird audio artifacts on Neponset that I'm not
sure are explained by the DMA bugs from the errata.

My next few days are spoken for already, but after that I'll probably begin
whittling away at this code again.

-jd

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]

---

From: Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 13:04:48 -0400 (EDT)

> Historically, however, that's a near guarantee that it won't. =)

Don't know for the UDA1341 on the SA1111, but the SA1110 actually does.

Nicolas