Subject: /dev/ts

From: Joan LLuis Montore Parera <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 18:55:32 +0200

Hi all !

I am working on an assabet board alone (no neponset connected).

I created an entry (well, really two entries) under /dev, called ts and tsraw. I
used:
    under /path_to_my_ramdisk_root/ ...
    mknod dev/ts c 60 34
    mknod dev/tsraw c 60 34
My current kernel is 2.4.0-test2-ac1-rmk2-np1. When booting, a message says that
the Touch screen is initialized. But, both nano-X and a small application made
by me called test_touch get no answer from the touch screen.
Are the major and minor numbers that I used correct? Is it necessary to make any
other special thing to make touch screen work?

An additional question: I can install the pcmcia_core module. But when I try to
install sa1110_cs module my board freezes. The modules included inside the
ramdisk matches the kernel that I am loading. Even "insmod -p module" do not
report any problem. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance. You are doing a very nice job !

Saludos (Best regards).
Joan Lluis Montore Parera
Director de Tecnología (Technology Mgr.)
ICT electronics SA  email:[email-masked]  web:www.ict.es

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]

---

From: Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 16:56:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, Joan LLuis Montore Parera wrote:

[...]
> My current kernel is 2.4.0-test2-ac1-rmk2-np1.

Please try the latest patch to see if it makes any difference.

Nicolas