Subject: Re: /dev/ts

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 13:22:50 -0400

[email-masked] wrote:

> I created an entry (well, really two entries) under /dev, called ts and tsraw.
I
used:
>     under /path_to_my_ramdisk_root/ ...
>     mknod dev/ts c 60 34
>     mknod dev/tsraw c 60 34
> My current kernel is 2.4.0-test2-ac1-rmk2-np1. When booting, a message says
that
> the Touch screen is initialized. But, both nano-X and a small application made
> by me called test_touch get no answer from the touch screen.
> Are the major and minor numbers that I used correct? Is it necessary to make
any
> other special thing to make touch screen work?

Check what the major device ID is (depending on which driver version it may be
dynamic)
by performing:
     grep ts /proc/devices

To get a list of all the major device numbers in use on your system do a
     cat /proc/devices

> An additional question: I can install the pcmcia_core module. But when I try
to
> install sa1110_cs module my board freezes. The modules included inside the
> ramdisk matches the kernel that I am loading. Even "insmod -p module" do not
> report any problem. Any ideas?

Try to compile pcmcia support into the kernel, and see if it still happens.
I've seen similar behavior if the compact flash connector on the Assabet becomes
loose.
In which case I've found that if while inserting the card you also push it
towards the Assabet mainboard it'll work.

Hope this helps,
Erik

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]