Subject: Root NFS still not working on SA1110

From: I-Gene Leong <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 10:58:15 -0700 (PDT)

I have done most of the porting work now to get Linux 2.4.0-test4-np1
running on the CerfBoard, but root NFS still doesn't seem to want to
work.

First off, I have no init anywhere, but I do have a /bin/sh linked to a
/bin/bash on the NFS mount. I've verified that it boots fine into a root
shell when a ramdisk is mounted as root. I've also verified that the
export is mountable on the ramdisk. I can also see, from a tcpdump log,
that the board is sending out NFS requests, although I'm not immediately
sure how to interpret the log. The fact that requests are being sent out
is enough for me to believe that NFS is working properly.

I'm guessing, then, that the console is being switched on me, or something
like that. Any suggestions as to what I should do?

-- 
I-Gene Leong
[email-masked] / 604-646-6962
"We see Linux as being much of a fad as the Internet was in 1995."
  - Irving Wladawsky-Berger, IBM VP of technology and strategy

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]