Subject: ELF problem

From: Angelo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 14:13:55 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

I am trying to compile a new kernel for the Aleph One ARM Linux CD. The
standard kernel is 2.0.36 and GCC 2.7.2.2 (aout format).

I try to compile and install kernel 2.2.35, GCC 2.95.2 and binutils
2.10.0.12 and GLibC 2.1.3. And I want to use ELF format.

After a lot of trouble and trying and trying I finally compiled GCC, Binutils
and GLibC. But when trying them I get the error 'modprobe: cannot find module
'binfmt-17791'. Can someone please tell me what this means ? And what I did
wrong ?

I did compile binutils + GCC with the 'arm-unknown-linux-gnuoldld' format,
because that is what GCC gave as a host. Maybe this was wrong ? Should I have
used arm-linux ? Like written down by Phil Blundell (and others) ? I did use
amr-linux with GLibC, because otherwise I couldn't compile it. And trying to
compile the kernel gives the same error as above, so I cannot create another
kernel also ...

PLEASE HELP !!!! :).

Thanks in advance,
Angelo

ps. My system is a RISC PC700 with ARM 710 ...

-- 
Angelo Melis @ home
random quote, generated by my computer:
Against boredom, even the gods themselves
struggle in vain. - Nietzsche

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]