Subject: Required numbers for new hardware?

From: I-Gene Leong <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 10:00:43 -0700 (PDT)

I'm making up a patch to Nicholas's 2.4.0test4-np1 that will add support
for the Intrinsyc CerfBoard. I have noticed that we don't really have an
architecture number here... so how do I go about getting one, and what
other identifiers must I get? And, when it's done, what is required for it
to be rolled back into the np* patch sets?

Thanks in advance.

-- 
I-Gene Leong
[email-masked] / 604-646-6962
"We see Linux as being much of a fad as the Internet was in 1995."
  - Irving Wladawsky-Berger, IBM VP of technology and strategy

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 20:57:52 +0100 (BST)

> to be rolled back into the np* patch sets?

See the bottom of the file linux/Documentation/arm/README.

You should provide a unified diff (generated by diff -urN) between an
unmodified tree and your modified tree to  Nico Pitre.  In this case,
you'd do a diff between 2.4.0-test4-rmk1-np1 and your tree.

   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |            http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/            /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |