Subject: network problem

From: "Sun, Lei" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 11:26:32 -0400

Hi Nico:
   I changed the kernel to 2.3.99 in order to make it compatible to the
PCMCIA module. This time I got the ethernet card worked. The loop back
device are fine, but after I assigned IP address (ifconfig eth0
192.168.xx.xx up), it continusely pops up a message "interrupt dropped"
I can telnet out , but I can't telnet in from other host, the error says
"all the ports are busy". Can anybody tell me what's going on ?
 Thank you!

Regards

lei sun

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]

---

From: Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 12:21:53 -0400 (EDT)

> "all the ports are busy". Can anybody tell me what's going on ?

That kernel version is broken.  You really need a later one.

Nicolas