Subject: Touch Screen Drivers

From: S A McConnell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 16:49:52 -0500

I hope this is the right forum...

Are Touch Screens character devices? Should they be located in
/drivers/char?

I ask because I have seen two different approaches used. The IPAQ folks
placed their driver in /drivers/char. However, the MIPS folks placed
their touch panel in an architecture specific directory.

Where should touch screen initialization be triggered from?

MIPS used /drivers/char/misc.c (misc_init) They treated it like a mouse
driver.

The kernel used by the iPAQ had three touch screens:

h3650_ts.c  sa1100_ts.c  ucb1200_ts.c (the last two being nearly the
same.) I was not able to determin how the init code was called for
h365_ts.c.

Any thoughts?

SAM
Scott A McConnell

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]