Subject: Compiler errors when using linux/interrupt.h

From: Erik Mouw <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon 31 Jul 2000 17:13:08 +0100 (MDT)

Hi all,

When compiling the cs89x0 network driver as a module, I get the following
error (slightly edited to get shorter lines):

In file included from include/linux/interrupt.h:45,
                 from cs89x0.c:109:
include/asm/hardirq.h:10: warning: `local_irq_count' redefined
include/linux/modules/armksyms.ver:12: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
include/asm/hardirq.h:11: warning: `local_bh_count' redefined
include/linux/modules/armksyms.ver:10: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
In file included from cs89x0.c:125:
include/linux/netdevice.h: In function `dev_kfree_skb_any':
include/linux/netdevice.h:523: `local_irq_count' undeclared (first use in this function)
include/linux/netdevice.h:523: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
include/linux/netdevice.h:523: for each function it appears in.)
make[2]: *** [cs89x0.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `drivers/net'
make[1]: *** [_modsubdir_net] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `drivers'
make: *** [_mod_drivers] Error 2

I'm using linux-2.4.0-test5-rmk1 together with Nicolas Pitre's SA1100
patch, but I have the idea that this is a general arm-linux problem
because other files which also include linux/interrupt.h (like
net/packet/af_packet.c and net/sunrpc/svcsock.c) also fail to compile.

I get the idea that armksyms.ver is a generated file, but I fail to see
how it is generated, so I've no idea where to start fixing it.

Erik

-- 
J.A.K. (Erik) Mouw, Information and Communication Theory Group, Department
of Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems,
Delft University of Technology, PO BOX 5031,  2600 GA Delft, The Netherlands
Phone: +31-15-2783635  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email: [email-masked]
WWW: http://www-ict.its.tudelft.nl/~erik/

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 21:18:20 +0100 (BST)

> include/linux/modules/armksyms.ver:10: warning: this is the location of the previous definition

Ah darn!  Guess I'll have to grab some changes from Keith Owens little
"improvement".
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |            http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/            /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |