Subject: Re: small optimisations

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 23:20:40 +0100

>>Another security hole.  Hint: __get_user_nocheck() actually faults.
>>The user doesn't check the error code.
>
>Mmm.  Yes, I think you're right.

Ah, no, hold on.  Doesn't __get_user_nocheck()'s exception handler 
explicitly zero out the result register?

p.

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 23:20:47 +0100 (BST)

> explicitly zero out the result register?

Right again!  However, I'd still like to see the difference in the asm
for that other point.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |            http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/            /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |