Subject: Frambuffer issues with Assabets using test4-rmk1-np1

From: Jeff Sutherland <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 15:31:39 -0400

I'm trying to give Nicolas Pitre a hand sorting out frame buffer issues on
Assabets.  Some time back, around 2.4.0-test1 I believe, a change was made
to linux/drivers/video/sa1100fb.c which caused problems for both my old
original issue Assabet and the phase 4 (Assabet Plus) unit we have.  I fixed
the problem and sent Nico a patch, but already one person claims this broke
their Assabet.  As far as I can tell, the LCD interface has not changed
since very early on, and that most if not all of the units shipped with the
Sharp LQ039Q2DS54 TFT display.  If this isn't the case, could someone please
enlighten me?

Thanks!

//Jeff

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 02:09:18 -0400

Jeff,

I dont know if you have noticed this, so this might be something to consider..

When running The Intel Diagnostics Manager (diagman), depending on which bit
depth you picked for the video output, the screen looked worse  or better.   I
do remember that one of the modes gave amazing output on the sharp TFT display,
all the lines were filled in, and the screen was easier to read under dim light
conditions.   Another mode gave the appearance that every other line was
missing, and was hard to read under dim lighting condition.   So i feel that
this might be the case, instead of errant driver code.

Also, i do remember that a while back nico had made a change where he adjusted
the video mode, and it worked great for assabet... but for some reason it broke
for another platform so reverted back to the original version.   (nico, please
correct me if im wrong)

Unfortunately i just got back into the USA, and do not have my assabet / laptop
setup, otherwise i would boot it and tell you the exact modes to try.   If you
want this info from me tommorow, let me know and i will get it for you....

-N

Go into the

Jeff Sutherland <[email-masked]> on 07/27/2000 03:31:39 PM

To:   "Linux ARM kernel mailing list (E-mail)"
      <[email-masked]>
cc:    (bcc: Nicholas Mistry/USER/US/LHS)

Subject:  Frambuffer issues with Assabets using test4-rmk1-np1

Thanks!

//Jeff

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to
[email-masked]