Subject: telnet on cirrus board

From: Lavu Sridhar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 22:03:20 +0530 (IST)

I have installed the telnet package (debian) and am able to telnet from
the Cirrus Board to the outside. However, i keep getting this error
message on the screen:

nfs_refresh_inode: inode number mismatch
expected (0x303/0x6410e), got (0x303/0x41079)

I do not understand why it is coming and how to rectify this problem. I
will try to install the telnetd package and see if I am able to avoid the
'respawning too fast' problem and telnet to the Cirrus Board.

Regards,
Lavu Sridhar	

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 18:30:07 +0100 (BST)

> expected (0x303/0x6410e), got (0x303/0x41079)

Heh, same problem I'm seeing.  Let me guess - you're running a Linux knfsd
server?

The problem comes when you boot a machine which has no way to obtain the
current time.  In this case, it always boots up with the same time, which
means that the NFS requests are always seeded with the same transaction id
(or xid).

Unfortunately, the Linux knfsd server keeps a persistent cache of the last
1024 replies, and only uses the client address, xid and procedure to validate
their use.

The fix is lovely - when you reboot the client, make sure you reboot the
NFS server at the same time!  If you've got knfsd compiled as a module,
you can shut down the knfsd processes, unload the module, reload it,
and restart the knfsd processes to achieve the same effect.

Sick, isn't it? ;(
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |            http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/            /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |