Subject: problem with 2.4 kernel and save_and_disable_irqs macro

From: Stuart Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 12:50:03 -0400

Just ran into a problem with the 2.4 kernel.

 The save_and_disable_irqs macro now actually enables
 FIQ rupts and forces SVC mode.

 This bit me because I happened to have a FIQ rupt
 pending during kernel boot and the first call to
 save_and_disable_irqs (in test_and_clear_bit)
 enable FIQ rupts and the kernel vectored off 
 into never-never land.

 Seems like it would be better to go back to just
 oring 0x80 to the cpsr.

-- Stuart

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 18:04:46 +0100 (BST)

>  FIQ rupts and forces SVC mode.

This is something I'd prefer to keep, since its performance-related, and
find a different way around the problem.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |            http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/            /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |