Subject: Touchscreen/IRQ problem

From: Tak-Shing Chan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 19:35:26 +0800 (CST)

Nicolas,

     The touchscreen driver works fine for 2.4.0-test1-ac7-rmk1-np6
but not working at all when I use 2.4.0-test1-ac19-rmk1-np1.  Are
there any big changes regarding IRQs or timers between these two
kernels?  I've replaced GRER |= (1 << 23) with set_GPIO_IRQ_edge(
(1 << 23), GPIO_RISING_EDGE) but that isn't a fix...

Tak-Shing Chan

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]

---

From: Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 10:18:03 -0400 (EDT)

> (1 << 23), GPIO_RISING_EDGE) but that isn't a fix...

You must use set_GPIO_IRQ_edge() before request_irq(), and use IRQ_GPIO23
as the IRQ number argument to request_irq(), not 23 directly.

Nicolas

---

From: Tak-Shing Chan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 10:21:53 +0800 (CST)

Nicolas,

     Thanks for your hints.  By the way, should I use IRQ_GPIO23
or IRQ_GPIO_UCB1300_IRQ?  I know they're the same but I wonder
if you've any guildlines as to when to use which...

Tak-Shing Chan

---

From: Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 10:12:07 -0400 (EDT)

> if you've any guildlines as to when to use which...

Of course IRQ_GPIO_UCB1300_IRQ is better since it's self-explanatory.

Nicolas