Subject: Compilig Kernel 2.4.0-test1-ac22-rmk1

From: Ralf Rascher <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 12:26:10 +0200

Hello,

I wanted to compile the kernel 2.4.0-test1-ac22 with the patch_2_4_0-test1-ac22-rmk1
for an assabet board. I don´t want to use the LCD so I choose the options
"Standart/generic (dump) serial support". But I got an error messages:

serial.c:300: `STD_COM4_FLAGS' undeclared here (not in a function)
serial.c:300: initializer elemment is not constant
serial.c:300: (near initialization for `rs_tabel[3].flags')
serial.c:300: parse error before `EXTA_SERIAL_PORT_DEFNS'

I also want to use the PCMCIA Netcard on the assabet so I enabled
PCMCIA/CardBuss support and PCMCIA network device support.
But I got an error message:

drivers/pcmcia/pcmcia.o: In function `cis_readable':
drivers/pcmcia/pcmcia.o(.text+0x4e20): undefined reference to `__arch_ioremap'
drivers/pcmcia/pcmcia.o(.text+0x4e20): relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_PC24 __arch_ioremap
drivers/pcmcia/pcmcia.o(.text+0x4e98): undefined reference to `__arch_ioremap'
drivers/pcmcia/pcmcia.o(.text+0x4e98): relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_PC24 __arch_ioremap 

And the file SA1100 was missing in the /include/asm/arch/ directory,
so I copied it from an older kernelversion. So how can I enable PCMCIA and the
in/output dump to the serial port. I use gcc version 2.95.2 20000516 and binutils
2.10.

Thanks,

Ralf

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 20:59:19 +0100 (BST)

> "Standart/generic (dump) serial support". But I got an error messages:

This is a 16550-type serial port, which is not what you have.

> PCMCIA/CardBuss support and PCMCIA network device support.

I don't believe that the kernels PCMCIA support has been ported to
the assabet yet.

> in/output dump to the serial port. I use gcc version 2.95.2 20000516 and binutils

Ah, you need to get Nicos patch as well then.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |            http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/            /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |

---

From: Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 16:47:43 -0400 (EDT)

> I don't believe that the kernels PCMCIA support has been ported to

Yes, it has.

Nicolas