Subject: Re: USB driver

From: "Chien-Min Lee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 23:45:41 +0800 (CST)

Hi:

>What is the CPU or architecture?  I am interested in.
>Because I am also porting USB OHCI driver for SA1111 USB >interface.

  Do you plan to open release this OHCI layer driver
  for SA1111 ??

  BTW, which kernel version do you use??

  Have a nice day!

kirk

----== Mailed via Openfind ==-----
http://mail2000.com.tw/ ���ѧK�O�� e-mail �H�c�A��

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]

---

From: Kunihiko IMAI <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 16:27:13 +0900

Hello,

At Wed, 14 Jun 2000 23:45:41 +0800 (CST),

>   Do you plan to open release this OHCI layer driver

I can openly release the patch.  But the solution of avoiding cache
problem is too silly or stupid.  That is, call flush_cache_all() many
time.  It needs more blush-up, I think.

But if you want it, I can send it.

And, I got a mail personally.  He wrote that he made a patch for SA110,
21285 footbridge with a PCI connected USB controller.  It has a set of
original memory allocation routines.

I tried it, but it failed at memory allocation layer.

>   BTW, which kernel version do you use??

I use a linux-2.3.99-pre3-rmk1-np2 source tree.

>   Have a nice day!

Have a nice hack!
_._. __._  _.. .  .___ ._. _____ _... ._ _._  _.._. .____  .__. ... .  _._

                                                             Kunihiko IMAI

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 20:25:29 +0100 (BST)

> time.  It needs more blush-up, I think.

You'd be a lot better off implementing this under late 2.3 or 2.4
kernels because they support uncached memory for this type of device
communication.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |            http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/            /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |