Subject: RE: char array, int pointer and cross boundary access

From: George France <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 12:08:26 -0400

Scott Bambrough [mailto:[email-masked]] writes:

>If a inexperienced user is going to play with the kernel, and use
experimental
>features, they deserve what they get.  We only provide the gun, we don't
make
>them use it.  I think if it is documented correctly, it should be ok.

If our tone and attitude is going to be 'caveat emptor' then I agree with
you fully. I was more thinking about the mailing list and the extra traffic
that will be generated from people using the gun. It is not only the user
that will suffer from the gun, but developers on the mailing list having to
answer the same questions over and over and over and over again.

--George

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]

---

From: Scott Bambrough <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2000 12:51:59 -0400

> answer the same questions over and over and over and over again.

Don't get me wrong here.  I don't think our tone and attitude should be "caveat
emptor", but if it is under experimental that is implied (at least that is the
way I look at it).  If it wasn't under experimental I would adopt an attitude
very similar to yours.

Scott
-- 
Scott Bambrough - Software Engineer
REBEL.COM    http://www.rebel.com
NetWinder    http://www.netwinder.org