Subject: Re: downloading kernel image

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 13:46:03 +0100 (BST)

Lavu Sridhar writes:
> 	However, after this when I disassemble and see the code, it enters
> an infinite loop right after 5 instructions. It is checking the contents
> of the registers r0, r7, r10 .... (i have given the code below) 
> Here it is entering an infinite loop!

because of one of three reasons:

1. The kernel may not be called correctly (r0 and r1 must contain the
   correct values).
2. The processor is not recognised by the kernel.
3. The architecture number (in r1) is not recognised.

PS, this isn't a user-level issue.  Please post to linux-arm-kernel instead
of the user-based linux-arm list.  Thanks.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |            http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/            /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]