Subject: Questions about Brutus arm-linux driver

From: "Chang-Che Tsai" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 06:26:21 GMT

Hi,

    I have some questions about the brutus arm-linux keyboard
driver ( /arch/arm/special/keyb_brutus.c). I wish somebody
could help me.

Here are the questions:
1. Current brutus keyboard driver talks directly to the keyboard
     controller. Is there an interrupt-based version of keyboard
    driver? If there is one, where can I get the sample code?

2. I have download the keyboard controller UR5HCSPI-SA-FB
    data sheet from www.usar.com. I find brutus keyboard driver
    controlls the keyboard in a "magic" way.

    Say, it get char (the scan-code of the key) by send 0.
    (line 167, in function "getcFromKBCTL")

    x = putcToKBCTL(0)&0xff;      /* get char by sending one */

    That's what I can't find in the data sheet. Where can I find
    the command-and-acknowledge set?

Current brutus arm-linux keyboard driver works fine. But,
I am trying to port the driver to another brutus-based OS.
I should comprehend the driver through.

With regards,
Chang-Che

________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]

---

From: Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 20:27:28 -0400 (EDT)

>     driver? If there is one, where can I get the sample code?

See my 2.3.99-pre3 patches from ftp.netwinder.org/users/n/nico.  There
you'll find an interrupt driven keyboard driver for Brutus.  I guess it
got broken in pre8-rmk1-np1 because of GPIO interrupt handling changes so
you might be better looking at the latest pre3-mke*-np* patch.

I wrote the interrupt support.  However there is still a problem with some
key release events that seems to get lost once in a while... and didn't
look at it further yet.

>     the command-and-acknowledge set?

I can't tell.  I didn't write that part.

Nicolas