Subject: Lockup upon booting Assabet with Socket card installed

From: Jeff Sutherland <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 10:59:26 -0400

ref: kernel 2.3.99-pre8-rmk1-np4

This just *may* be a problem with the older 1st generation Assabet board,
but it won't boot with the Socket compact flash Ethernet card installed.
Card is not powered up by the bootloader (light on the hub is off), and the
kernel always crashes in the same place- inside sa1100fb.c, so hasn't gotten
to PCMCIA setups yet.  Far as I can tell at this point, it's in the function
sa1100fb_enable_lcd_controller.  The last sane output is when this routine
exits: 'palette setup done, disabling interrupts'.  I get a little more
partial printk output from sa1100fb_decode_var then the thing goes through a
hard reset (bootloader prompt reappears).  Unplug the card and it boots
normally.  HOWEVER, it also boots normally when a Sandisk compact FLASH card
is inserted.  Does this begin to sound like a wild interrupt problem on the
upper GPIO's?

//Jeff

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]

---

From: Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 12:00:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 26 May 2000, Jeff Sutherland wrote:

[...]
> is inserted.  Does this begin to sound like a wild interrupt problem on the

I don't have the problem you describe here.

I would be really surprised if a misconfigured interrupt could cause a
hard reset anyway.  It is most probably some hardware race.

Nicolas

---

From: Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 12:00:52 -0400 (EDT)

[...]

Nicolas