Subject: Error message when booting arm-linux assabet

From: "Chien-Min Lee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 22:44:59 +0800 (CST)

Dear All:

     Acording to the building procedures mentioned on 
     http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~wearable/software/assabet.html,
     I built the kernel and tried it.

     However, I got the following error message:

     Kernel panic: No init found.  Try passing init= option to kernel.

     Does this mean that the ramdis image I used is an broken one!??
     Or it has other meaning!??

     Thanks !!

     kirk

--
----== Mailed via Openfind ==-----
http://mail2000.com.tw/ ���ѧK�O�� e-mail �H�c�A��

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]

---

From: Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 11:02:33 -0400 (EDT)

>      Or it has other meaning!??

I can be both, but most likely a broken ramdisk since the kernel actually
mounted it.  Did you use ramdisk_img.gz from
ftp.netwinder.org/users/n/nico?  Did you configured the kernel with ELF
binary support?

Nicolas