Subject: RE: Framebuffer driver on Assabet

From: Jeff Sutherland <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 13:59:14 -0400

> I'm currently running it with Microwindows and it works fine. 
>  The one thing you
> have to remember is that it is a "reflective" LCD, meaning 
> you need a light
> source to be able to see much.  Unfortunately Intel didn't include the
> appropriate
> circuits to drive the front light included on the Sharp LCD, 
> which means you are
> forced to depend on ambient light.  You must compile 
> microwindows with a
> configuration that does not have keyboard or 
> mouse/touchscreen support.
> Other than that it just works.  The touch screen support 
> should be available
> real
> soon now.
> 
> Erik

OK, well I'm glad it works, just wish I could get either one of our Assabets
to function.  Nicolas Pitre said it had something to do with a missing
BCR_clear(BCR_LCD_12RGB); instruction (clears Assabet's board config
register bit 10 which is supposed to put the CPLD into 16 bit mode).  OK,
where would this instruction go?  Grepping for it shows it's in sa1100fb.c
at a seemingly appropriate place.  Defines are correct in hardware.h.
Display symptoms showing the initial 'splash' image on boot are: top half: 2
Penguin images and two blinking cursors; bottom half: alternating
black/white horizontal lines of various lengths.  This happens on old style
Assabet and newer AssabetPlus with 2.3.99-pre6rmk1np1.  ????

//Jeff

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]

---

From: Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 15:07:39 -0400 (EDT)

> at a seemingly appropriate place.  Defines are correct in hardware.h.

So you have currently known to work code...

> Assabet and newer AssabetPlus with 2.3.99-pre6rmk1np1.  ????

I guess you might have a different LCD than what the code is configured
for...

Nicolas