Subject: RE: Framebuffer driver on Assabet

From: Jamey Hicks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 16:55:49 -0400

Jeff,

I submitted a 16bit truecolor sa1100fb patch to Nicolas and he integrated it
into 2.3.99-pre6-rmk1-np2.  It definitely did not work before in earlier
versions.  Is it an active or passive display?

Why is your frame buffer configured as 8bit?  sa1100fb will choose a palette
mode if you configure it as 8bit.  I didn't play around with configuring an
8bit truecolor mode -- there didn't seem much point.

-Jamey Hicks

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]

---

From: Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 17:07:45 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 9 May 2000, Jamey Hicks wrote:

> into 2.3.99-pre6-rmk1-np2. 

Have I really done that?
I don't remember receiving a patch from you about 16bpp LCD support...  or
maybe my brain went lose...

Nicolas