Subject: Root File system

From: Lavu Sridhar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 17:55:52 +0530 (IST)

I have compiled linux kernel, and then did make bzdisk (the compressed
image is stored on the floppy). After that, when i tried to reboot the PC
using the image in the floppy, the kernel panciked saying that it could
not mount root file system. I am not able to understand the problem. How
can I overcome this problem?

Regards,
Lavu Sridhar	

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 21:23:26 +0100 (BST)

> can I overcome this problem?

This is off-topic for this list.  Please a non-ARM related list, and supply
them the configuration of the kernel, the hardware that is in your machine,
and the exact message that the kernel paniced with.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |            http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/            /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |