Subject: Compliling 2.3.99 for cl7500fe

From: Lavu Sridhar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 14:26:50 +0530 (IST)

Hello,
	I am compliling a linux kernel for the CL7500FE Evaluatoin
Platform using the your cross tool-chain. I am using the Linux 2.3.99
kernel from CVS tree. 
	What changes should i make in the tool chain, beacuse for the
cl7500 arch, some files seem to be missing, like asm/arch/vga.h. What
settings should i change? Should i provide any extra links??

Regards,
Lavu Sridhar
----------------------------------------------------------------------

On Mon, 1 May 2000, George France wrote:
>
>Hello Peter;
>
>There have been so many questions and problems on the mailing list about
>building a Cross Tool Chain.  We have decided to post a 38 Mbyte binary
>(executable) tar-ball here:
>
>	
>http://crl.research.compaq.com/projects/personalserver/sw_download.html
>
>it is an arm-linux cross Tool Chain.  The Tool Chain is made up of:
>
> 	binutils-2.9.5.0.22,
>	gcc-2.95.2 - C, C++, f77, CHILL, java and objc.
> 	glibc-2.1.2. with the International crypt library. 
>
>The Tool Chain is compiled for a i386 host with an armv4l target. Armv4 =
>the instructions set. 
>
>
>Installation notes:
>
>The Tool Chain must be installed in /skiff/local.  It will not work from any
>other path.  
>
>The only other problem that you may have with the include files is that the
>tar ball was setup for Linux 2.2.14.  You may need to setup a symbolic links
>for:
>
>           ln -s /usr/src/linux/include/asm
>/skiff/local/arm-linux/include/asm
>           ln -s /usr/src/linux/include/linux
>/skiff/local/arm-linux/include/linux
>
>or you could copy the /usr/src/linux/include/asm and
>/usr/src/linux/include/linux directories to the
>/skiff/local/arm-linux/include.  Be certain that you have run 'make
>menuconfig' or equivalent, then 'make dep'.  This will verify that your
>kernel tree is up-to-date and the correct symbolic links are up-to-date.
>
>This tool chain has glibc symbol versioning.  If you are using a netwinder,
>you may have to compile your code with static libs.
>
>

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]