Subject: Kernel for 7500FE

From: Lavu Sridhar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 01:53:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hello, I am compiling the Linux Kernel 2.3.99 pre5 and using the
arm-linux cross Tool Chain made up of binutils 2.9.5.0.22 for a
Cirrus
Logic ARM 7500FE processor.

During the make of kernel, i got the following 2 error messages :

How do overcome these errors:

                        ERROR1
----------------------------------------------------------------------

make[3]: Entering directory `/linux/drivers/char'
/skiff/local/bin/arm-linux-gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/linux/include -Wall
-Wstrict-pro$In file included from
/linux/include/linux/vt_buffer.h:19,
                 from /linux/include/linux/selection.h:10,
                 from tty_io.c:97:
/linux/include/asm/vga.h:6: asm/arch/vga.h: No such file or directory

                        ERROR2
----------------------------------------------------------------------
ake[3]: Entering directory `/linux/drivers/video'
/skiff/local/bin/arm-linux-gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/linux/include -Wall
-Wstrict-pro$vgacon.c: In function `vgacon_startup':
vgacon.c:288: `PCIMEM_BASE' undeclared (first use in this function)
vgacon.c:288: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
vgacon.c:288: for each function it appears in.)
vgacon.c: In function `vgacon_do_font_op':
vgacon.c:721: `PCIMEM_BASE' undeclared (first use in this function)
vgacon.c:715: warning: `charmap' might be used uninitialized in this
function
make[3]: *** [vgacon.o] Error 1
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I WOULD BE GRATEFUL, IF SOMEONE WHO HAS PORTED LINUX TO CL7500FE CAN
HELP ME.  

Thanks,

Regards,
-Lavu Sridhar

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Kick off your party with Yahoo! Invites.
http://invites.yahoo.com/

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 13:05:00 +0100 (BST)

Lavu Sridhar writes:
> ...

Why have you enabled vgacon?  Turn off vgacon and try again.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |            http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/            /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |

---

From: Lavu Sridhar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 00:03:21 +0530 (IST)

>Why have you enabled vgacon?  Turn off vgacon and try again.

Thank you, I have removed the vgacon support. I have finished the make
dep. While doing make, in the end i am getting the following errors. The
compilation is for the clps700fe processor. Most of the errors seem to be
related to initialization, but i cant locate the problem.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
arch/arm/kernel/kernel.o: In function `time_init':
arch/arm/kernel/kernel.o(.text.init+0x1010): undefined reference to
`ioctime_init'

drivers/char/char.o: In function `kbd_bh':
drivers/char/char.o(.text+0x8000): undefined reference to `ps2kbd_leds'

drivers/char/char.o: In function `kbd_init':
drivers/char/char.o(.text.init+0x640): undefined reference to
`ps2kbd_init_hw'

drivers/acorn/char/acorn-char.o: In function `i2c_ioc_init':
drivers/acorn/char/acorn-char.o(.text.init+0x3c): undefined reference to
`i2c_bit_add_bus'
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,
Lavu Sridhar