Subject: RE: RFC: arch/arm/{machine-type}

From: George France <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 14:29:46 -0400

Hello Nicolas;

Your point is well taken. If it causes problems then "SA1100" it should be.

--George

-----Original Message-----
From: Nicolas Pitre [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2000 2:27 PM
To: George France
Cc: 'Russell King - ARM Linux Admin';
[email-masked]
Subject: RE: RFC: arch/arm/{machine-type}

On Mon, 24 Apr 2000, George France wrote:

> Hello Russell;
> 
> The only change I would make is SA1100 to SA11xx.

This could be questionnable.  i386 architectures are still named so even
if support extended beyond 80386 processors.  This is also true for most
device drivers which extended their support to chipsets of the same
family.  So we could leave "sa1100" as the generic name for that
architecture otherwise we'll end up renaming everything as soon as the 'x'
doesn't mask all variants.

Nicolas

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]