Subject: Re: v2.3 kernels on RPC w/ ARM710

From: Wookey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 12:30:24 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon 31 Jan, Hanske;Stefan wrote:
> 
> Hi there,
> 
> I've found that the problems with v2.3.xx kernels are more generic than I
> thought. I've tried all v2.3.xx kernels from ftp.armlinux.org/pub/lkab -
> it's still the same as with my home built kernels.
> The kernels are initializing fine, but when init has been started, it is
> terminated with a SIGSEGV and the kernel dies with a register dump.
> 
> Could someone with a RiscPC and ARM[67]10 processor please verify this
> problem?

It doesn't work for me either (ARM710 RPC) but not the same symptoms.

I just tried booting linux-2/3/35-cvs-riscpc-current (13 Jan 2000) using
!linux and it uncompresses ok, then says 'done, booting kernel and the
machine hangs.

I haven't tried compiling my own or any other boot methods yet but will
report back if I find anything useful.

Wookey
-- 
Aleph One Ltd, Bottisham, CAMBRIDGE, CB5 9BA, UK  Tel (00 44) 1223 811679
work: http://www.aleph1.co.uk/     play: http://www.chaos.org.uk/~wookey/

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]

---

From: "Hanske;Stefan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 15:34:04 +0100 (MET)

> report back if I find anything useful.

All the other v2.3 versions work (more or less).

As for the register dump...

I've sent it already some day. I'll see if I still find it.