Subject: New ARM implementation HOWTO?

From: Rob Scott <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 17:46:35 -0800 (PST)

If there is an ARM implementation porting HOWTO, please point me to it.
I'm sure the following questions would be in it!

1) How do I get a new implementation value? I saw a reference to an
automated system somewhere, but I can't find it again.

2) How do I specify a ARM720T core based processor? Currently, I've
changed the config.in to select CONFIG_CPU_32v4 and CONFIG_CPU_ARM7.

3) What's the preferred frequency of patch submissions? Wait until it
works, i.e. one huge lump, or lots of little bits?

4) Any other advice for a new ARM arch port developer? I know I have to do
stuff in the interrupt handler, and maybe some mmu stuff...

Backround: I'm porting linux to a Linkup Systems L7200 SBC. I've ported my
ColdFire linux booter to ARM, and have built a new toolchain. Previously,
I got uClinux-ColdFire working on a Motorola eLITE developement board, put
DMA support into uClinux-ColdFire, wrote DMA driven LCD drivers, and
ported an MP3 player to it. (See http://www.moretonbay/coldfire/nettelmp3.html
for details). I'd like to get the same setup working on ARM...

Thanks for any help!

Rob Scott

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]