Subject: v2.3 kernels on RPC w/ ARM710

From: "Hanske;Stefan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 22:30:19 +0100 (MET)

Hi there,

I've found that the problems with v2.3.xx kernels are more generic than I
thought. I've tried all v2.3.xx kernels from ftp.armlinux.org/pub/lkab -
it's still the same as with my home built kernels.
The kernels are initializing fine, but when init has been started, it is
terminated with a SIGSEGV and the kernel dies with a register dump.

Could someone with a RiscPC and ARM[67]10 processor please verify this
problem?
Could the new mm code perhaps be responsible for this behaviour?

TIA.

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 22:30:10 +0000 (GMT)

> terminated with a SIGSEGV and the kernel dies with a register dump.

Can you forward the register dump please?
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |