Subject: Porting of Linux on an ARM CPU without MMU (ARM7TDMI).

From: [email-masked] (Fabio Gobber)
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 18:06:42 +0100

Good day,
My name is Flavio Gobber, and I am working in Praim S.p.A with the 
responsibility of design of embedded product. Praim,
an Italian Company, designs, produces and sells innovative peripheral for 
the connection to the IBM's Hosts.
My company has decided to develop a Printer Server that allows the 
connection to the Host by means of the Lan network, and at  the same time 
the translation of printing data stream IBM towards standard printers.
The first idea has been: because not to use Linux that has already all 
which we need. All good but we must use a CPU that costs little and that 
has integrated the ethernet controller. After a search of the several 
solutions, the best solution is to use a chip of Samsung, based on Core 
Arm7TDMI, that it has integrated the controller the Ethernet and cost less 
than 10$. Unfortunately this CPU doesn't have the MMU, that is used by the 
Kernel Linux standard.
Panic!!!.
Now I am looking for possible collaborations in order to try to know how  
 modifying the kernel so that it can work without MMU.
To help me in this in this activity I have already acquired a board of the 
Rt-Control, with a version of Linux "uCLinux" that works with a CPU 68000 
without MMU, while for the porting of Arm I have already ordered a thin 
client based on Strong arm of the NetWinder.
I would be much pleasing if someone could help me with some opinion on the 
this activity that I have decided to undertake and on possible 
collaboration.
My company has decided to assing this activity to someone with the payment 
for it.

I would like to know if someone is interested in this activity and the 
forecast of how much does it cost.

Thank you very much for your cooperation.
Best regards

Flavio

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]