Subject: EBSA285: RTNL: assertion failed at devinet.c(784):inetdev_event

From: Gaixia Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 19:30:50 -0600

Hi, I am using BIOS 1.05 to bootup Linux on EBSA285 with eepro100.c

With D_Cache and Write Buffer off, I got the following msg on
2.3.18-rmk,

Dec 31 19:01:14 walker kernel: eepro100.c:v1.09j 7/27/99 Donald Becker
http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/eepro100.html
Dec 31 19:01:14 walker kernel: RTNL: assertion failed at
devinet.c(784):inetdev_event
Dec 31 19:01:14 walker kernel: IP-Config: Incomplete network
configuration
information.
Dec 31 19:01:14 walker kernel: RTNL: assertion failed at
devinet.c(784):inetdev_event

The RTNL failed error does not show up with 2.2.12-rmk, but the system
is dramatically slow, telnet always times out before I was able to input

userid and passwd,

devinet.c is in net/ipv4. Anybody has this problem before? Do I need
to do sth in BIOS?

Thanks a lot,
Gaixia

__________________________________________
NetZero - Defenders of the Free World
Get your FREE Internet Access and Email at
http://www.netzero.net/download/index.html

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 07:47:18 +0000 (GMT)

> is dramatically slow, telnet always times out before I was able to input

I always get one RTNL error with 2.3.xx kernels, which doesn't have
any detrimental effects, so I'd suggest ignoring that one for now.

I would however suggest that you check your bootp or rarp settings -
the IP-Config message suggests that something is wrong here.

   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |