Subject: Re: bootmem and mem_map allocation problem

From: Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 14:50:39 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 6 Dec 1999, Russell King - ARM Linux Admin wrote:

> Nicolas Pitre writes:
> > I'm currently re-integrating the StrongARM SA1100 support into 2.3.29 but
> > here is the problem:
[...]
> Unfortunately, Ingo's patch affects a number of files, which make it difficult
> to manage when his patch goes into the mainstream.  If you're interested, I
> could redistribute the patch separately.

Please do so.

I was probing for an existing solution before I do my own.  If there is a
patch available, then I'll resume to the SA1100 specifics.

Nicolas

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 00:27:14 +0000 (GMT)

Ok, 2.3.30 is now out from Linus, and I'm now wondering why the hell
I'm re-writing the boot-time memory initialisation on each and every
kernel release since 2.3.23.  It looks like yet another re-write for
2.3.30 is on the cards again.

To this end, I shall be temporarily halting work on the 2.3 series kernel
until things stabilise in this critical area again.

Appologies for any inconvience.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |