Subject: Fwd: Re: map file etc...

From: Francois Desloges <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 10:41:25 -0500

Ok, I've build that loadmap thing for i386, hack it a little bit in order
for it to create a map on a mounted drive partition which is gone to be /
once transfered to the EBSA.  This partition has nothing else then a /boot with
my arm-linux kernel and a /etc with a boot.conf.

Now, the boot sector that loadmap seems to write is a copy of the boot.map map
file.

Well, the BIOS expects to see two things in this boot sector:
0x80 at address 0x1be, and
the address of the first sector of the boot.map map file.

I don't think this is what loadmap write in the boot sector, but this is
definitely what mkboot (from the BIOS) can write in the boot sector, provided
that I can pass it as an argument, the sector number of the first sector of
boot.map. Therefore:

Anybody knows if there is an application I can run on a shell or
anything else that can give me the sector number of the first sector of a file?

Thanks!

 -- 
François Desloges
[email-masked]

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]