Subject: MMU trable

From: Hiroshi Ishii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 11:45:42 +0900

Hello.

I'm trying to port to SA-1110, and I have trouble.

In arch/arm/kernel/head-armv.S

mcr     p15, 0, r0, c1, c0	@ Enable MMU & caches.  In 3 instructions	

When enable MMU, system halt. So, can't 'M' bit enable.
What trouble in it? silicon bugs? 

Can MMU on later(not on this stage)?

Regards;

----
++ Funai Electric R & D Co.,LTD ++
++                Hiroshi Ishii ++

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]

---

From: Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 10:22:43 -0500 (EST)

> What trouble in it? silicon bugs? 

Did you use SA1100 configuration?  If so, are you sure the physical ram is
correctly located?

Nicolas

---

From: Hiroshi Ishii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 12:29:55 +0900

> Did you use SA1100 configuration?  If so, are you sure the physical ram is

I use SA1100 configuration, and I probably located physical ram correctly.
Because angel and Intel's initialize application can enable MMU. Intel's initialize
application
is "SA-1110 Initialization Code Example " (see
http://developer.intel.com/design/strong/swsup/).
I use angelboot.

Is there other problem?

Thanks;

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 08:42:43 +0000 (GMT)

> http://developer.intel.com/design/strong/swsup/).

Did you not get my email about this problem?
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |

---

From: hiroshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 00:48:01 +0900

> Did you not get my email about this problem?

No. I didn't get it.

--
----

---

From: Russell King - ARM Linux Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 20:20:06 +0000 (GMT)

> What trouble in it? silicon bugs? 

I think you're probably trying to use Angel to step through the code.
This will not work since as soon as the MMU is enabled, Angel will
disappear from the memory map.
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |

---

From: Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 20:45:47 -0500 (EST)

> I use SA1100 configuration, and I probably located physical ram correctly.

What I mean is that the current SA1100 kernel won't work for the SA1110 if
the physical ram isn't located at 0xc0000000 like it is on the SA1100.
Some changes are required if this is different.

Nicolas

---

From: Hiroshi Ishii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 16:06:34 +0900

On Sun, 28 Nov 1999 20:45:47 -0500 (EST)

> Some changes are required if this is different.

Compare memory map sa1100 and sa1110 (refer to  reference
manual), physical ram seems to be located same address
(0xc0000000).

Am I mistake?

----

---

From: Hiroshi Ishii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 14:01:05 +0900

Solved my problem!!!

I try linux-2.3.24-rmk1-np1. Working good on SA1110!!!

Thanks everyone.

----