Subject: turning dcache off

From: Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 11:20:33 -0500 (EST)

For those testing cache coherency problems, here is a little module that
turns dcache off when inserted and turn it back on when removed.  This is
handy for real time testing.  See the source in attachment.

To compile:

	gcc -O2 -c dcache_off.c

To disable data cache:

	insmod ./dcache_off.o

To reenable data cache:

	rmmod dcache_off

Nicolas

P.S.: I'm experiencing cache coherency problems with 3C905 network cards
at the moment (either with a 3c905B Cyclone and a 3c905 Boomerang).  This
is with 2.2.12.  Didn't try 2.3.26 yet.  Anybody else played with those
cards?

---

From: David Sean Friedman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 12:16:40 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from arm-linux: 25-Nov-99 turning dcache off  by Nicolas
[email-masked] 
> is with 2.2.12.  Didn't try 2.3.26 yet.  Anybody else played with those
Check the mailing list archives. I think there was a thread on this a
few weeks ago (or maybe on linux-arm).

David Friedman
Carnegie Mellon

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]