Subject: Feature Cooling

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 23:45:49 +0100 (BST)

Hi All,

It is my intention to get some of the remaining available 2.3 ARM stuff
pushed over to Linus in about 1.5 weeks time.

However, this weekend, from the end of Sunday, I shall be following Linus'
example, and feature-freezing on any incoming patches.  Any code that I
have already received will still be considered for the kernel.

>From that date on, I only want to see generally minor changes/bug fixes.
Please ensure that these come via [email-masked],
with a subject line starting with "PATCH: ".  I'd prefer not to get them
mixed up in the patch system.

If anyone is subscribed to that mailing list who doesn't want to receive
these, or anyone does want to, please take the appropriate action regarding
that list.

What I don't want to happen is that other people have "stable" trees, and
they don't feed the bug fixes back to me in a timely manner.

Device drivers may still be accepted, if they are proven, and these
should go via the patch system still.

Any major changes can still be submitted to the patch system; they will
remain there until 2.5, or until proven 99%

You have 5 days remaining...
   _____
  |_____| ------------------------------------------------- ---+---+-
  |   |        Russell King       [email-masked]      --- ---
  | | | |  http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/armlinux.html    /  /  |
  | +-+-+                                                     --- -+-
  /   |               THE developer of ARM Linux              |+| /|\
 /  | | |                                                     ---  |
    +-+-+ -------------------------------------------------  /\\\  |

unsubscribe: body of `unsubscribe linux-arm-kernel' to [email-masked]